Forum Settings
Forums

Why is it so hard to come up with creative topics in CD?

New
Jun 30, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
They took away our perverted talk and now we are just hollow shells of our former selves with nothing interesting to talk about.
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 30, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2014
Eh uh so...hows the weather?
I've been here way too long...
Jun 30, 2015 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
You make it seem like CD was creative before sex topics were banned
Jun 30, 2015 12:25 PM

Mar 2014
Because we've overused everything. SO MANY TIMES!
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jun 30, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
I saw a cloud today....
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Jun 30, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
This is going to get hammered by mods anytime soon.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
Stop trying so hard

Jun 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
There are good topics on CD. People either just don't give any attention to them, or they just ruin them by posting ridiculous pointless shit.

It's funny because this thread of yours has been done so many times I lost count. Instead of writing and complaining about the lack of content in the forums you can actually contribute, but hey, that's just me.
Jun 30, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2015
NudeBear said:
There are good topics on CD, people either just don't give any attention to it, or they just ruin it by posting ridiculous pointless shit.

It's funny because this thread of yours has been done so many times I lost count. Instead of writing and complaining about the lack of content in the forums you can actually contribute, but hey, that's just me.

This. Every two days or so we have a topic lamenting how bad the CD has fallen off and how to combat the shit posting.

It is starting to become really annoying at this point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2015 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
That wasn't his question per se. What op asks of you is have you look at cd from the eyes of a thread creator and feel the hardships of creating a unique and original thread. Basically it wasn't an attack on CD but rather an inquiry about the common MAL user and his struggle for creative thread creating.
Jun 30, 2015 12:37 PM

Nov 2011
NudeBear said:
There are good topics on CD. People either just don't give any attention to them, or they just ruin them by posting ridiculous pointless shit.

you must suck at counting
SWFC

Jun 30, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
earnshaw30 said:
NudeBear said:

You must suck at hyperboles.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 30, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
earnshaw30 said:
NudeBear said:

top banter m8
Jun 30, 2015 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
Because technology took away our imagination and shit like that. That's what I heard on tv I swear.
Jun 30, 2015 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
i try fella i try
SWFC

Jun 30, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
MrHawkeye said:
That wasn't his question per se. What op asks of you is have you look at cd from the eyes of a thread creator and feel the hardships of creating a unique and original thread. Basically it wasn't an attack on CD but rather an inquiry about the common MAL user and his struggle for creative thread creating.

god someone who understand there is hope...
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
Jun 30, 2015 12:46 PM

Dec 2014
Some of us can be secretly perverted.
Jun 30, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
MidnightLPA said:
Some of us can be secretly perverted.

#ClosetPervertMovement2015
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
cant we all just be friends?
SWFC

Jun 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Something successful is rarely unique and something unique if rarely successful.
Jun 30, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
OMG. Did you create this thread just because of mine one? Wasn't it creative?
I think you are just another that really didn't read it. So, may you read it clearly, my point wasn't to be pervert, is kinda the contrary, I was criticizing MAL and its pervetness, watch your moutch, and eyes. :P
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jun 30, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
earnshaw30 said:

What do you mean? Do you see anyone fighting?

Oct 2010
Its not hard when you actually want to discuss something

its hard when you start trying to force shit, :"i havent made a thread recently let me go make one so i stay relevant" - half of CD thread makers
lots of music -

Nov 2013
why use your imagination when you can recycle old thread ideas and get guaranteed replies ;ooo
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 30, 2015 12:58 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Go do something interesting with your life then

earnshaw30 said:

Nope
Jun 30, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2014
Shiny_Goomy said:
They took away our perverted talk and now we are just hollow shells of our former selves with nothing interesting to talk about.
I don't see how were the sex threads in CD were creative in any way. Most of them were copies of copies but just worded differently so they don't get locked. If anything, the threads have slightly been more creative than before.
Jun 30, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
Vexper said:
why use your imagination when you can recycle old thread ideas and get guaranteed replies ;ooo
And a guarantee lock.
Jun 30, 2015 1:02 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
MechaKiryu said:
Vexper said:
And a guarantee lock.

Only if you make dumb posts so not always guaranteed just very likely

I remember that random guy who did an experiment with it, can't be fucked finding the thread though
Jun 30, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Shiny_Goomy said:

Did you not see what sex talk threads were doing to CD? spam threads full of thirsty users ''fake'' flirting with 'female' users. It was pathetic in its veiled attempt to pretend not to be serious.
Jun 30, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
incisorr said:
Its not hard when you actually want to discuss something

its hard when you start trying to force shit, :"i havent made a thread recently let me go make one so i stay relevant" - half of CD thread makers

Right in the heart place
Jun 30, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2015
Eylandos said:
This. Every two days or so we have a topic lamenting how bad the CD has fallen off and how to combat the shit posting.

The funny part is, there's people complaining all the time about CD. "It's so shit" blah blah blah. But then these very same people go to places like clubs and comments which are full of the same exact thing they talk down on CD for. Shitposting, perversion, retarded posts. Take your pick.

It's like a hot mess of superiority, "my place is better than yours".
deadaccount33Jun 30, 2015 1:46 PM
Jun 30, 2015 1:54 PM

Oct 2011
I think it's hard because no matter what thread you post, people will just talk shit/not reply/get into personal arguments/just list stuff/etc. all resulting in a lock.

Jun 30, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
Like-A-Dance said:
Eylandos said:

The funny part is, there's people complaining all the time about CD. "It's so shit" blah blah blah. But then these very same people go to places like clubs and comments which are full of the same exact thing they talk down on CD for. Shitposting, perversion, retarded posts. Take your pick.

It's like a hot mess of superiority, "my place is better than yours".

Clubs are the inbreeds. CD has some minor filtering just because its open and there's a lot of people coming through. Clubs have less individuals so breed unfiltered shit.
Jun 30, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
MaiTai said:
I think it's hard because no matter what thread you post, people will just talk shit/not reply/get into personal arguments/just list stuff/etc. all resulting in a lock.

To be fair there haven't been that many locks lately, from what I have seen. Of course it doesn't mean threre have been none. I mean the weirdly long survical of this thread is proof enough.
Jun 30, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2015
Spooks_McBones said:
Clubs are the inbreeds. CD has some minor filtering just because its open and there's a lot of people coming through. Clubs have less individuals so breed unfiltered shit.

It's like the place where you shut out any sort of "other" voice that you don't like. CD being the public area, we have everyone's voices. People can come and go. In clubs it becomes like this echo chamber of the same voices just circling around one thing, and placing themselves as higher than others simply because their club is separated from the general population.

It's like the mob mentality that 14 year old children use when they sit at lunch tables. "Our table is so much cooler then there's because we sit here". Haha.
Jun 30, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
MrHawkeye said:
MaiTai said:

To be fair there haven't been that many locks lately, from what I have seen. Of course it doesn't mean threre have been none. I mean the weirdly long survical of this thread is proof enough.

I dunno. I don't post nearly as often as I used to, so I suppose you're right. Maybe the lack of interaction keeps them open? (Maybe there's not a lack, I just don't post lol)

Jun 30, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2018

Wat?
removed-userJun 30, 2015 2:09 PM
Jun 30, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
_Charl said:

No, we still do it. Just we don't start new threads ^.^
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 30, 2015 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Because most off the topics have been discussed before
Jun 30, 2015 2:19 PM
Feb 2014
Creative threads expect creative answers. Get real.
Jun 30, 2015 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Rumanshi-xanic said:
_Charl said:

No, we still do it. Just we don't start new threads ^.^

Please create it, Rumanshi. You are an alpha, tho.
Jun 30, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
MrHawkeye said:
Not having internet sucks.

Locked.

Thread is mostly chatty and OP seems mostly upset about a rule without providing any additional commentary.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

31 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

18 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

45 by traed »»
11 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
47 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.