Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2015 5:11 PM

Feb 2015
(I copied this from another thread I made, which I cannot delete anymore unfortunately :c )

Ok now this might sound a little weird, but Vento Aureo looks so freaking cool (especially the MC Giorno) that I really want to read it NOW. I only watch the anime (which means I saw Part 1, 2 and about 85% of Part 3) and since an anime adaption of Part 4 will take at least another year or 2, I want to read Part 5 in the meantime. Will I get spoiled or does it have very strong connections to Diamond is unbreakable?
May 16, 2015 5:19 PM
Jun 2014
From what I remember nothing in Part 5 spoils anything from Part 4 at all, except at the beginning for a bit one of the supporting characters from Part 4 is in there for a little bit so you'll be like "The hell is this guy?". You'll see his powers too. I think that's about it, really.

Definitely go back to Part IV as soon as you're done though, it's incredible and regarded by many as the best Jojo arc.

Edit: I would recommend finishing Part 3 first, something big from Part 3 ties into 5.
xcvbxcvbMay 16, 2015 5:31 PM
May 16, 2015 5:33 PM

Feb 2015
Dahkra said:
From what I remember nothing in Part 5 spoils anything from Part 4 at all, except at the beginning for a bit one of the supporting characters from Part 4 is in there for a little bit so you'll be like "The hell is this guy?". You'll see his powers too. I think that's about it, really.

Definitely go back to Part IV as soon as you're done though, it's incredible and regarded by many as the best Jojo arc.

Edit: I would recommend finishing Part 3 first, something big from Part 3 ties into 5.

Thx for your answer man :)
May 16, 2015 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
Why would you skip the far superior arc?
May 16, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2007
Part IV is easily the best arc I've read so far, you'd be making a big mistake skipping that one.

May 16, 2015 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Part 4 is incredible. I definitely don't recommend skipping it just because of how incredible it is. Missing out of it would be a huge mistake. However, you NEED to finish Part 3 before you start Part 4. The very beginning of Part 4 spoils the end of Part 3.

Also, just so you know, only the first 25 chapters of Part 5 have good scans. The rest are pretty crappy.
May 16, 2015 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
You'll see the abilities of Echoes at the beginning, but there are no major Part IV spoilers to be had, no.

If you want to read it first, then I say go for it. Don't listen to the haters here; Venteo Aureo is a hell of a lot of fun.
May 17, 2015 12:09 AM
Mar 2014
Well if u read it very fast then part 5 will also spoil the end of part 3 lmao.

My advise would be if u dont want to read in the original order then start with part 7 since it has a new timeline
May 17, 2015 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
General rule of JoJo is never skip parts. I highly recommend you read part 4 first
May 17, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2014
Part IV is better than V in my opinion and arguably the best arc in the series.

That being said, if you want to read Part V beforehand, there are no spoilers for Part IV aside from the fact that Koichi has a Stand named Echoes.
May 17, 2015 5:46 AM

May 2015
Don't.......
Skip.........
Parts.......

It's your life choice anyway, do what you want.

but if you want some opinion, why don't we ask Vanilla?
hey Vanilla Ice, how should we read the manga?

Part 5 is my favorite but, skipping orders is....irk me, and you'll miss how great Koichi is, he's "Evolution" and such

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 17, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2007
fluffybunnyboy said:
Don't listen to the haters here; Venteo Aureo is a hell of a lot of fun.

I don't think anyone here actively dislikes Part V. Personally, I think it's the weakest arc I've read so far, but that doesn't make it bad. It's just hard to top how fun parts III/IV were for me.

May 17, 2015 7:42 AM

Feb 2015
I want to skip Part 4 FOR NOW ^^ Of course I will watch it as soon as they release an anime adaptation! My question was just if I can read Part 5 before Part 4 without getting spoiled .
May 17, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
Like Dahkra said earlier, you can walk onto Part 5 with almost no problem at all.

Sure, you get spoiled about a support character in Part 4 who talks with one from Part 3, but honestly is not THAT important since they don't give that many details about what happens in them. This is also a shonen series, so the spoilers of who those characters are shouldn't be all that surprising to you.

Then again, I dislike Part 4, since I really didn't like a single character besides the antagonist and one of the side-characters and the story didn't seem to go anywhere for a while, making it seem like a couple of those chapters were poorly planned out "filler" (I dislike this word, but I can't find something else to say about it) or forced at the last minute.

Part 5 has a much better cast of characters and is overall one of the parts with the better fights, so I would recommend it far more than Part 4. Then again, I don't think you should skip parts. I mean, you can, but it won't have the same effect if you do. Part 7, which is easily the best by a long shot, wouldn't be as fun if you haven't read/watched the others parts, for instance.
May 17, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2015
You should read it after stardust anime ends , it will take to much time to read part 4 as an anime exclusive

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 17, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2007
SH4kun said:

Then again, I dislike Part 4, since I really didn't like a single character besides the antagonist and one of the side-characters and the story didn't seem to go anywhere for a while, making it seem like a couple of those chapters were poorly planned out "filler" (I dislike this word, but I can't find something else to say about it) or forced at the last minute.

I don't think that's fair criticism for Part IV. The whole format of the arc was a SoL mystery, it wasn't like Part III where there was a clear goal right from the beginning.

May 17, 2015 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
Vento Aureo might be my favorite part. It just oozes so much style, from the clothes, poses, architecture, down to the stand powers and battles, it's just a joy to read from an artistic point of view alone.

The best way is to watch each part chronologically of course but if you are really hellbent in skipping part 4 then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it since one of the most interesting things about Jojo is to see how Araki's style and ideas evolve over the years with each new Jojo arc. Just make sure to finish Stardust Crusaders first, like a few users already said.
Still, Diamond is Unbreakable reads super fast like all the Jojos and it's not like you'll be stuck in there for months, so if you have some spare time, think about giving it a try. It's worth it.

Fadeout4 said:

Also, just so you know, only the first 25 chapters of Part 5 have good scans. The rest are pretty crappy.

They were still understandable most of the time (other than explaining the powers of a certain stand). They didn't reach Duwang levels of bad.
May 17, 2015 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
They can adapt it in 36 episodes if the don't stretch out out the episodes like stardust crusaders.
A lot of the small fights should have been 1 ep, not 2 or 3.

Halicone said:
They didn't reach Duwang levels of bad.

Heresy! :(
Duwang "chew chew chew"
ichii_1May 17, 2015 9:26 AM
May 17, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
Hias said:
SH4kun said:

I don't think that's fair criticism for Part IV. The whole format of the arc was a SoL mystery, it wasn't like Part III where there was a clear goal right from the beginning.

I'm just stating why I didn't like it, that's all.

Going from a big adventure where the main characters have a goal they try to achieve and they get closer with every episode changed into a SoL, where what matters the most are the characters and their interactions more than the build up or, say, the journey, when I barely liked them and Araki suddenly introducing the mistery part with the main antagonist (that I thought was the best part) but also throwing random episodes with a different villain to defeat that barely has any reason to actually confront them other than "Stand users attract each other" (who also, plain simple, aren't nearly as interesting or exciting as the main one) inbetween the important ones with the culprit killed my enjoyment of those chapters, since all I wanted was for them to finish it already and return to his new daily live struggle.

I personally found Part 4 to be the weakest part I've read so far and really overrated by the fandom, but I will admit that I didn't like it because of the nature of said part and my personal preferences, rather than the actual quality of said manga.
GoldenSaltPillarMay 17, 2015 9:30 AM
May 17, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:

Heresy! :(
Duwang "chew chew chew"

Such Duwang. Much ABAJ. Wow.
May 17, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
SH4kun said:
Hias said:

Going from a big adventure where the main characters have a goal they try to achieve and they get closer with every episode changed into a SoL, where what matters the most are the characters and their interactions more than the build up or, say, the journey, when I barely liked them and Araki suddenly introducing the mistery part with the main antagonist (that I thought was the best part) but also throwing random episodes with a different villain to defeat that barely has any reason to actually confront them other than "Stand users attract each other" (who also, plain simple, aren't nearly as interesting or exciting as the main one) inbetween the important ones with the culprit killed my enjoyment of those chapters, since all I wanted was for them to finish it already and return to his new daily live struggle.

I personally found Part 4 to be the weakest part I've read so far and really overrated by the fandom, but I will admit that I didn't like it because of the nature of said part and my personal preferences, rather than the actual quality of said manga.

It is what it is, I just like the "filler" portions because they were funny as fuck. I can't get mad at the lack of progression if I get stuff like "Let's go eat Italian" or "I am an Alien". Coming off of Part 3, I don't think the sacrifice of plot progression is really all that jarring. h I also think the final battle edges out "Dio's World" because there's no asspulls that need a lot of justifying. I don't agree with how you use the word "overrated either. Being overrated means that you think that the fans are basing their praise over something you don't think is true (like thinking that what others believe is mature well written story is actually generic and edgy pap). The fans and you both know and can agree upon what arc 4 is, an SOL mystery. Whether or not that's inherently bad or not to you is different.
gedataMay 17, 2015 12:38 PM
May 17, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
To answer your question; you should be able to to skip part 4 for the moment in favour of reading part 5 without getting spoiled, but as others have said I'd recommend doing so after the Stardust Crusaders anime finishes airing. The only things that you'd be spoiled on are one of the main characters from part 4 appearing early on, some details on the end of Part 3 and an important artifact that plays a pivitol role in parts 4 and 5.

Part 5 is a great series and a massive improvement on SC imo; the main cast is great and you get actually get to see more of them just goofing around with one another, the stands and fights are some of the best in the series and it is gripping for most of the narrative (I personally think it starts to fall apart towards the end, but that's just me).

That said, with as great as Part 5 is, I personally find it to be a much weaker part than Part 4. While it's hard to say why exactly, I think part of it is the main character being more interesting (a lot of people find Giorno to be a bit boring as he's not as focused upon), the main villain lacking in characterisation (as opposed to the more characterised main villains JoJo is known for) and the part just ending abruptly after the main villain is defeated. Another part of it might be Part 4's the unconventional format by JoJo standards being a refreshing change from the "Fight!Fight!Fight!" most of the other parts have going on.
May 17, 2015 5:49 PM

May 2014
Why would you want to skip the infamous scene about Mona Lisa? Or anything else in part 4?

I mean you can do it technically, that's up to you, hell you can do it now. You're gonna get spoiled tho.
May 17, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2012
WandererRedux said:
the main villain lacking in characterisation (as opposed to the more characterised main villains JoJo is known for)

Strongly disagreed. That guy is wonderfully characterized in an unique way that no other Jojo villain has.

SH4kun said:
Then again, I dislike Part 4, since I really didn't like a single character besides the antagonist and one of the side-characters

I bet I can name who that side-character you like is!~

May 17, 2015 11:01 PM
Aug 2011
SH4kun said:
Then again, I dislike Part 4, since I really didn't like a single character besides the antagonist and one of the side-characters

you're only forgiven if that side character is Rohan

I like part 4 and part 7 equally but for different reasons.
I find part 4 characters really really fun, whereas part 7 characters make me want to lie down, try not to cry, cry a lot.

-JonasTheJay- said:
Ok now this might sound a little weird, but Vento Aureo looks so freaking cool (especially the MC Giorno)

I don't blame you since Giorno is blond and beautiful.
standMay 17, 2015 11:10 PM
May 18, 2015 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
gedata said:
SH4kun said:

It is what it is, I just like the "filler" portions because they were funny as fuck. I can't get mad at the lack of progression if I get stuff like "Let's go eat Italian" or "I am an Alien". Coming off of Part 3, I don't think the sacrifice of plot progression is really all that jarring. h I also think the final battle edges out "Dio's World" because there's no asspulls that need a lot of justifying. I don't agree with how you use the word "overrated either. Being overrated means that you think that the fans are basing their praise over something you don't think is true (like thinking that what others believe is mature well written story is actually generic and edgy pap). The fans and you both know and can agree upon what arc 4 is, an SOL mystery. Whether or not that's inherently bad or not to you is different.

I thought overrated was a word that could be used when fans of a certain series claim that something is good and are vocal about it's quality (which is the case here, since a lot of Jojo fans claim is the best/2nd best after Part 7) but then someones comes, watches/reads it, and for whatever reason doesn't like it as much as them and so uses that statement. Then again, "overrated" is mostly a buzzword people use when they have no claims or specific details to complain about a certain things.

"I'm an Alien" was fine, but I found the Italian one completely pointless and kinda disappointing, since in the end it lead to nowhere. Like I said before, personal preference.

fluffybunnyboy said:

No.

parfaited said:
SH4kun said:

you're only forgiven if that side character is Rohan

Yup, Rohan was great. Really liked his powers and aptitude. The fact that he was the one most directly linked to the antagonist's storyline was a plus too.
May 18, 2015 4:06 AM
Dec 2013
Part 5 is a rancid piece of shit. Why would you skip to it?
May 18, 2015 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
sjack said:

May 18, 2015 10:37 AM
Jun 2014
sjack said:

Well, that's your opinion. No need to state it as fact.
May 18, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2010
Dahkra said:
sjack said:

But it's fact?

Jokes aside, it's IMO the weakest part of JoJo. Still good in it's jojoish way, but I can help, every other part is just visibly better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
Part IV has Kira. Read it in order.
May 18, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Orzi said:
Dahkra said:

But it's fact?

Jokes aside, it's IMO the weakest part of JoJo. Still good in it's jojoish way, but I can help, every other part is just visibly better.

I disagree, its not my favorite part but I'd place it above the first 3. The stand fights are just that good. All the main characters have really interesting stand abilities and the enemies constantly teaming up to enhance each others stands is just so good. It makes for some really intense stuff.
And if Jotaro is the stoic silent type then Giorno is the ambitious strategic thinker. He likes to hang back and find the enemies weakness before making a move. All traits he got from one of his two dads.
nachum00May 18, 2015 12:21 PM
May 18, 2015 12:18 PM

May 2015
Part V is by far my least favorite part. Most of the characters are pretty bland and lack charm, the main antagonist is basically a combination of previous main antagonists (mainly Dio and Kira), and, on a side note,
becoming a turtle in the end was FUCKING BULLSHIT.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Part 4 is just way too slice of life, even the final fight was meh, especially compared to DIO and Kars.
May 18, 2015 1:44 PM
Jun 2014
Singolo said:
becoming a turtle in the end was FUCKING BULLSHIT.

May 18, 2015 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
SH4kun said:
No.

Darn. =P

But you know, Rohan isn't a "side character". He's one of the leading main characters actively involved with finding Kira. So, your statement was kinda confusing.
May 18, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2012
fluffybunnyboy said:
SH4kun said:
No.

Darn. =P

But you know, Rohan isn't a "side character". He's one of the leading main characters actively involved with finding Kira. So, your statement was kinda confusing.

Yeah I feel like he's even featured more than Josuke in the second half of the manga.
May 18, 2015 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
Singolo said:
the main antagonist is basically a combination of previous main antagonists (mainly Dio and Kira)
that doesnt sound too bad but then again i hear everyone say diavalo is suppossedly the worst antagonist in the franchise, though king crimson is great because it makes no fucking sense just works

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 18, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
Singolo said:
the main antagonist is basically a combination of previous main antagonists (mainly Dio and Kira)
that doesnt sound too bad but then again i hear everyone say diavalo is suppossedly the worst antagonist in the franchise, though king crimson is great because it makes no fucking sense just works

That's because most Jojo fans have shit taste, especially when it comes to Jojo. :P
Nah, but Diavolo had a cool gimmick that made him very entertaining to watch, it's just that he doesn't appear a lot in Vento Aureo, probably even less than Dio in Stardust Crusaders and that's a bit of a step down compared to the other villains than get far more presence and characterization.

Also, doesn't anyone find it funny that OP just ignored all advice and went straight to Steel Ball Run, without checking the rest? Makes me wonder what the purpose of this thread was in the first place. :P
May 18, 2015 4:48 PM
Jun 2014
Halicone said:
Also, doesn't anyone find it funny that OP just ignored all advice and went straight to Steel Ball Run, without checking the rest? Makes me wonder what the purpose of this thread was in the first place. :P

That's pretty funny, I didn't notice until you said so. I guess he ended up getting spoiled to at least Part 6 then, huh?
May 18, 2015 5:47 PM
Aug 2011
Halicone said:

lol... oh man
it's kind of like when people skip straight to Gundam Unicorn
May 18, 2015 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I have a friend who read Steel Ball Run first, and my first arc was Stardust Crusaders, which spoils the end of Phantom Blood.

Jojo is one of those series where being spoiled of major plot points doesn't make it any less entertaining IMO.

And I mean, there were people here who were saying, "Part V spoils the end of Part III!", but is it really a shocking revelation to find out that the
Would I get in trouble with the mods if I went ahead and spoiled that the villains always lose in Jojo?
TyrelMay 18, 2015 8:36 PM
May 18, 2015 6:01 PM
Jun 2014
fluffybunnyboy said:
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I have a friend who read Steel Ball Run first, and my first arc was Stardust Crusaders, which spoils the end of Phantom Blood.

Jojo is one of those series where being spoiled of major plot points doesn't make it any less entertaining IMO.

And I mean, there were people here who were saying, "Part V spoils the end of Part III!", but is it really a shocking revelation to find out that the
Would I get in trouble with the mods if I went ahead and spoiled that the villains always lose in Jojo?

But I agree that it doesn't get any less entertaining. I got spoiled to pretty much everything from parts 5-7 but still loved every bit of them, and the emotions were all still there during the big moments.
TyrelMay 18, 2015 8:38 PM
May 18, 2015 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
Unless if you start at Part 1 and read in release order, you aren't reading Jojo correctly. Don't skip Parts
May 18, 2015 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
Singolo said:
Part V is by far my least favorite part. Most of the characters are pretty bland and lack charm

This is because of the translation. The shitscans that we have for most of Part 5 was a translation of Japanese -> Chinese -> English. All the nuance of the characters' personalities was lost in translation.
May 18, 2015 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
fluffybunnyboy said:
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I have a friend who read Steel Ball Run first, and my first arc was Stardust Crusaders

I did the same as you and I think it helped me get into the series a lot better. Not coming into this arc expecting another Battle Tendency was a good idea. When reading Phantom Blood afterwards I just thought of it as an extended flashback arc.
May 18, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
Halicone said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

That's because most Jojo fans have shit taste, especially when it comes to Jojo. :P
Nah, but Diavolo had a cool gimmick that made him very entertaining to watch, it's just that he doesn't appear a lot in Vento Aureo, probably even less than Dio in Stardust Crusaders and that's a bit of a step down compared to the other villains than get far more presence and characterization.

I thought he appeared fairly decently through

Yeah i know way more about future parts than i wish i did

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 18, 2015 9:14 PM

Sep 2013
fluffybunnyboy said:

:O I did! In the anime adaptation of Part IV, I'd imagine his theme music sounding similar to Boingo's.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
May 18, 2015 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
Hias said:
SH4kun said:

Well to be honest the whole mystery wasn't really introduced until later on the manga though, after the arrow situation happened with a little downtime until a ghost appeared, so early on it felt like this part was lacking a direction.
May 19, 2015 9:00 AM

Feb 2013
RX-782 said:
Hias said:

Well to be honest the whole mystery wasn't really introduced until later on the manga though, after the arrow situation happened with a little downtime until a ghost appeared, so early on it felt like this part was lacking a direction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.