Forum Settings
Forums

Mad Max: Fury Road is the best Hot Wheels movie ever made

New
May 15, 2015 7:11 PM

May 2015
Anyone else agrees?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2014
Looks pretty damn good.
Where the fuck did Monday go?
May 16, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 2014
Going to watch it in 2 hours. Damn excited.
May 16, 2015 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
I didn't know he acted

May 16, 2015 6:45 AM

Oct 2014
Yep, the movie was fantastic. Definitely worth all the hype. Good to see George Miller showing all those CGI films how real action movies are made.
May 16, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, seen it yesterday. This movie should please the feminists, I swear Charlize Theron's character got more emphasis than Max, lel. But it is a good movie, very entertaining, with good action scenes, I loved all the references and the over the topness (That flamethrower guitarist!)

"Witness me!"
May 16, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
No Mel Gibson, no Mad Max.
May 16, 2015 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah, it's fucking good. Oddly enough it feels a bit bashful regarding "raw" violence but i guess that's just me nitpicking.
May 16, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
If it's anything compared to the first 3 then probably worth going to watch. But then again I haven't been to the cinema in close to 4 years, so doubt I'll go.
May 16, 2015 4:20 PM

May 2015
looks great I might watch it next week
May 16, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2015
98% on rotten tomatoes is an understatement, highly recommend.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
May 16, 2015 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
I just watched this movie today, it was awesome! For once the trailer lived up to the hype and then some. The movie was a whole lot of fun. It's definitely the best hot wheels movie ever made.

SetsukoHara said:
Yeah, seen it yesterday. This movie should please the feminists, I swear Charlize Theron's character got more emphasis than Max, lel. But it is a good movie, very entertaining, with good action scenes, I loved all the references and the over the topness (That flamethrower guitarist!)

"Witness me!"

True, but I didn't mind her Imperator Furiosa was badass.
May 17, 2015 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
So it turns out it is indeed feminist propaganda. I have thought Charlize Theron was a cunt for a long time anyway. So of course I will join the boycott. Even though I've not paid to watch a movie in five years....eh...

http://www.maledefender.com/boycott-mad-max-fury-road/
May 17, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
FahtahSensei said:
So it turns out it is indeed feminist propaganda. I have thought Charlize Theron was a cunt for a long time anyway. So of course I will join the boycott. Even though I've not paid to watch a movie in five years....eh...

Really, you just believe what a bunch of morons who are scared that their masculinity is threatened said. Yes, the movie is something feminists are raving about but when you actually see it, you realize people read too much into it.

In fact the movie makes sense. This is Imperator Furiosa's story, not Max's. He's there because he happened to be there. There's no overly obvious feminist propaganda in the film, the only thing you see is that the female characters are not the weaklings and damsels you see in every other action movie. Furiosa is just as badass as Max, that's it. Max is not being emasculated or anything. Charlize Theron was brilliant as Furiosa, her character was a strong female but it wasn't overbearing or preachy. She was actually pretty tame for a 'feminist' character.

Other than that, Fury Road is something you should see at least once on the big screen. You can watch it on your TV or whatever, but you'll miss out on one heck of an experience.
May 17, 2015 12:22 PM

May 2015
Even if it was feminist propaganda I'd still watch it, it's the best action movie of the decade, and besides, as Khaosman said, this is Furiosa's story, Max is basically narrating it to the viewer, just like other characters did in the previous movies of the franchise, narrating Max's stories.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2009
Feminist propaganda or not, I don't really give a shit. Is the movie good? Going by what I've heard, yes it is. Will definitely be watching this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 17, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was a great fucking movie, and I'm definitely not what you'd call a feminist lol. It does piss me off how much people want to politicize the movie though. How feminists want to claim the movie as their own and the reactionary MRAs showing faux outrage.

It just shows you how narrow some people's political views are, they can't just look at a movie and say its a good movie without saying that it offends them or confirms their political beliefs.
May 18, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
FahtahSensei said:

Ah see this is why I can't stand SJW. I'm not pro-feminist, I find them aggressive and obnoxious but these guys are just as bad. Instead of using your brain to decide for yourself if the film is feminist propaganda or not. You immediately follow what some neckbeard on the internet thinks about the movie like sheep.

I hadn't read about these manchildren whining about the movie until after I saw it. It's literally the only complain about the movie I've read. I watched the movie, at no point did I think it was propaganda of any kind. It had a well written strong female protagonist alongside the iconic Mad Max. Did she steal the spotlight in the movie? In my opinion, yes. Does that matter? No, the character was well written and acted. Charlize Theron did an amazing job as usual. There is no agenda in the dialogue. The whole movie was a big chase scene. The dialogue mostly consisted of "How many bullets do we have" grunting coming from Max and random nonsense about Valhalla and Chrome from Nux.

In short, Hollywood releases a movie with a female character that isn't a damsel in distress and a better shot than her male counterpart. A group of idiotic 'male rights activist' yell bloody murder.

Ironically this isn't the first time a Mad Max movie featured a strong female character. Did these guys even watch 'Beyond Thunderdome?
FullmetalRaikouMay 18, 2015 6:40 AM
May 18, 2015 7:04 AM
May 2010
Eh, I still prefer Road Warrior, but that's just me. It was okay. I give it a 7.8/10.
May 18, 2015 7:08 AM
Mar 2014
I seem to be the only one who thought it was insultingly bad. I've never felt like more of an idiot watching a feature film.

Maybe it's just because I don't care about things solely made for entertainment value; I need strong characters and an OK plot. That said, I didn't enjoy the movie whatsoever.
vegetablespiritMay 18, 2015 7:12 AM
May 18, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
vodall said:
I seem to be the only one who thought it was insultingly bad. I've never felt like more of an idiot watching a feature film.

Maybe it's just because I don't care about things solely made for entertainment value; I need strong characters and an OK plot. That said, I didn't enjoy the movie whatsoever.

Ah well, the Mad Max series was never really known for strong characters or anything like that. It was always the action scenes, overall weirdness and post-apocalyptic look of the world. What made people like Fury Road so much? It's an action film that doesn't rely on CGI and makes no attempt to hide from basking in the craziness the original movies were well-known for.

But I guess like you said, you don't like things that seem to be outright made for entertainment value, so maybe that's why you didn't enjoy the film. I can respect that as I too sometimes don't see the fuss in many critically acclaimed films.
May 18, 2015 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Easily one of the most fantastic movies I've seen in a while and probably my favorite of the Mad Max franchise, although obviously seeing it in theaters helped. I disagree about the lack of strong characters: it's an action film first and foremost so there obviously can't be lots of people sitting and talking, but the characters were still well-done. And man, those visuals <3
For the people complaining Furiosa had more screentime than Max, the director stated that's because having a man in the forefront would have made it look as though it was a man stealing another man's wives, not rescuing them.
May 18, 2015 8:55 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't find this feminist at all. It's made by the guy who directed all the other movies, who is now 70, not some young impressionable person.
DrCoppelius said:
Easily one of the most fantastic movies I've seen in a while and probably my favorite of the Mad Max franchise, although obviously seeing it in theaters helped.
I want to see it at home. The sound wasn't that good. Often, I couldn't hear the characters clearly. They blast the sound too loudly, which makes it sound even crappier. I think I'll only go to IMAX theaters from now on, if they play in 2D. I hadn't watched a movie in theaters for years.

The movie was pretty good. It's right up there with Mad Max 2. The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the soundtrack. It wasn't that fun. It had mostly heavy, fast repetition and deep, oppressive tremors that I forgot soon after, like a lot of modern movie music.

Also, I was hoping to see Max in his car again after that iconic opening shot. I'm not putting it against the movie, though.

May 19, 2015 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
Fullmetal89 said:

In short, Hollywood releases a movie with a female character that isn't a damsel in distress and a better shot than her male counterpart.

I thought that was every hollywood movie now? not saying anything about the new mad max film because i haven't seen it yet but hollywood has over compensated in the past on female characters making them just the best characters ever, the best shots, the toughest of the group, the smartest and so on
May 19, 2015 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
Baelish said:
Fullmetal89 said:

In short, Hollywood releases a movie with a female character that isn't a damsel in distress and a better shot than her male counterpart.

I thought that was every hollywood movie now? not saying anything about the new mad max film because i haven't seen it yet but hollywood has over compensated in the past on female characters making them just the best characters ever, the best shots, the toughest of the group, the smartest and so on

Not in Mad Max: Fury Road, both Furiosa and Max are portrayed as equals. When the chips are down, they both know how to take care of themselves. Charlize Theron's Furiosa also has a backstory which makes sense as it implies why she is so capable.

And one more thing, it's not a female character. Actually, ALL of the female characters aren't damsels in distress. Watch it and you'll see why. The best part is that it's awesome because it isn't really the cliched female badassery you're talking about.
May 19, 2015 5:41 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah. Maybe it's because I know nothing about the mad max series but I thought it was horrendous. This was my conclusion

I also don't understand what was wrong with Max's voice... he sounded like a rusted pipe for the longest while.
May 19, 2015 7:09 AM

Sep 2011
Baelish said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Yeah that is true to a certain extent, Khaosman answered this better than me but I'll give you my opinion. Hollywood is driven by trends, right now it's super heroes, strong women, and black people. What impressed me about Max Max is that Furiosa's character wasn't something that was tacked on or written for the sake of going "HEY LOOK AT THIS STRONG WOMAN!" She had a backstory, she had a ulterior motive for running not just saving the other girls. Her backstory was explored in a variety of ways. Some of it was told through dialogue while the rest of it unfolded through actions and body language. It was clear the she and Immortal Joe had some kind of history but it was never outright told.

They left it up to the viewer to fill in the gaps, using what we already knew and her character design as a template. Something I found refreshing from a Hollywood production. They aren't keen on leaving things up to the imagination nowadays.

Her character also wasn't the standard female bad ass. Usually when Hollywood does a bad ass female she's either really broody/bitchy or a femme fatale in a skimpy outfit who is only out for blood. Furiosa didn't exactly fit that mold. Everything about her starting from her character design to personality screamed survivor. She was a slightly less crazy female version of Mad Max. Someone who clearly has been through hell but her will was never broken.

Honestly, I might be overrating the movie because I have a personal bias for post apocalyptic films and I love weird stuff. It's just that lately we have been bombarded with cheesy super hero movies and crappy remakes. That it's nice to see something new, even if it's from an old franchise.

Also, everyone seems to be focusing on Imperator Furiosa but both Nux and Mad Max were also great in this movie. I was very surprised with how Nux's character evolved throughout the movie and while he's no Mel Gibson, I really warmed up to Tom Hardy as Max. I wasn't sure if he could pull it off, quite frankly I didn't like his performance as Bane. He looked the part but his accent just made laugh my ass off whenever he was on screen. He did a great job as Max, would like to see him reprise the role in a sequel if there is one.

Last thing I want to say is that the costume work in this movie was very good. The didn't overuse CGI, there were a lot of practical effects. Yet it wasn't overbearing like a Michael Bay production. The chase scene when they entered the sand storm looked amazing.
FullmetalRaikouMay 19, 2015 7:27 AM
May 19, 2015 7:51 AM

Oct 2014
Fullmetal89 said:

No need to be so modest, dude. Your explanation is way better than mine.

And if any of you on MAL here still haven't seen it, please go see it in the cinema. Don't wait for the DVD/Bluray or watch it pirated (you cheap bastards). Not only is the big-screen experience worth it, George Miller himself has confirmed that developments for a sequel called Mad Max: The Wasteland are underway. A moderate success at the box office should be a good enough indicator for the studio to let Miller continue with the plan.
May 19, 2015 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
Khaosman said:
Fullmetal89 said:

No need to be so modest, dude. Your explanation is way better than mine.

And if any of you on MAL here still haven't seen it, please go see it in the cinema. Don't wait for the DVD/Bluray or watch it pirated (you cheap bastards). Not only is the big-screen experience worth it, George Miller himself has confirmed that developments for a sequel called Mad Max: The Wasteland are underway. A moderate success at the box office should be a good enough indicator for the studio to let Miller continue with the plan.

That's some great news! I basically just expanded on what you said. You put it better than I did in less words, thanks anyway.
May 19, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
Xynical said:
I also don't understand what was wrong with Max's voice... he sounded like a rusted pipe for the longest while.
He couldn't open his jaw.

May 19, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2015
I thought Acceleration is the best Hot Wheels Movie
May 20, 2015 10:47 AM

May 2015
SaberMacro said:
I thought Acceleration is the best Hot Wheels Movie

Ya crazy.

And people, please don't judge me, but Thunderdome used to be my favorite Mad Max movie.
May 20, 2015 4:39 PM
Mar 2014
Ezekiel said:
The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the soundtrack. It wasn't that fun. It had mostly heavy, fast repetition and deep, oppressive tremors that I forgot soon after, like a lot of modern movie music.

Funny you should say that; the soundtrack was the only part of the movie I was fond of. I really love harsh sounds and industrial-esque music, so it suited my tastes quite nicely.

I do agree that it was too loud, though.
May 21, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
Just came home from watching it a second time. Despite knowing exactly what's going to happen throughout the whole movie, it was still exciting to watch the stunts and action once again. Since I know the whole story already, I was able to look at other things in each scene and I actually discovered some interesting bits of stuff here and there. And for those who watched the original movies, there's plenty of easter eggs, would list them out but don't wanna give away anything.

Fury Road is currently $30 million from covering it's production costs. It's barely going into the second week, so there's a chance it will and it means the planned sequel called Mad Max: Wasteland should be on the way.
May 22, 2015 6:55 AM
May 2010
Didn't you hear? Mindless entertainment that does nothing for your intelligence has always been what people want from movies... unless of course, when it's Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rambo: First Blood, Dirty Harry, the first Rocky, The Godfather, the better half of Pixar movies, Shawshank Redemption, Empire Strikes Back, Pan's Labyrinth, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Pulp Fiction...

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot this is the 21st Century, where good movies go to die. My bad. Let's go watch the remake of Poltergeist and see what Fast and Furious movies those folks are gonna come up with next, eh?
OminousWrexMay 22, 2015 7:05 AM
May 22, 2015 3:07 PM

May 2015
JacobKyon said:
Didn't you hear? Mindless entertainment that does nothing for your intelligence has always been what people want from movies... unless of course, when it's Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rambo: First Blood, Dirty Harry, the first Rocky, The Godfather, the better half of Pixar movies, Shawshank Redemption, Empire Strikes Back, Pan's Labyrinth, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Pulp Fiction...

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot this is the 21st Century, where good movies go to die. My bad. Let's go watch the remake of Poltergeist and see what Fast and Furious movies those folks are gonna come up with next, eh?

C'mon dude, Grownups 3 is going to be awesome.
May 22, 2015 8:44 PM

May 2015
I loved the movie and can't wait to see it again. I didn't think it was feminist at all until I went online and started reading everyone's reaction to it and dumb azz boycotting petitions. 95 percent of Hollywood movies still cast the young white guy to carry their movie. So what if this one decides to give a woman the spotlight? If it makes for a great movie then why not?
May 24, 2015 6:57 AM

May 2015
goatkage said:
looks great I might watch it next week

It was pretty awesome
May 26, 2015 5:05 AM

Oct 2014
Fury Road earned enough over the weekend to cover it's budget. Warner Bros was said to be pleased with the result. Looks like there'll be nothing holding George Miller back from getting on with the next movie that he's planning right now.
May 26, 2015 5:53 AM

Dec 2013
Fullmetal89 said:

Ironically this isn't the first time a Mad Max movie featured a strong female character. Did these guys even watch 'Beyond Thunderdome?

this so hard.
(plus the entire rest of your post as well)

I ain't even mad tho, these idiots will miss out on possibly the best hollywood action movie of the past who-knows-how-many-years and they don't even know it, all while failing to realize that they are just as bad as any fanatic SJW out there.
May 26, 2015 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
I don't get the hype, but I will probably give it a shot, just out of curiosity.
May 26, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2015
Khaosman said:
Fury Road earned enough over the weekend to cover it's budget. Warner Bros was said to be pleased with the result. Looks like there'll be nothing holding George Miller back from getting on with the next movie that he's planning right now.

I'm so happy that it actually covered it's budget cost, I was starting to think that Pitch Perfect 2 was going to kill the franchise again.
May 26, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2012
Just watched the movie and it was pretty awesome, just what I was expecting from it too.
Aria-da-Capo said:
I don't get the hype, but I will probably give it a shot, just out of curiosity.
Non stop action from beginning to end that has you edge of the seat, it looked amazing and it was done extremely well.
May 28, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
It was good

May 28, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
"Mad Max: Fury Road was the best fucking action film I've seen in years. 70 year old George Miller has still has fire in his balls."
-Star wars
May 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
Baelish said:
It was good

May 28, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
Fun action at its best. I loved the movie. Also really dislike the "brainless entertainment" comments. It doesn't have to be intelligent or complex in order to be good. It's like music, I'm not going to shit over the Beatle's yesterday because it's not as complex as Bach's fugues, am I? Fun action movies can still be pretty fucking awesome, and trust me, a lot of talent, and hard-work comes into making movies like these. Like someone else in this thread already said, this movie will still be talked about 20 years from now. Definitely going to turn out to be a cult classic.

Good shit hollywood, good shit.
May 30, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
RX-782 said:
Just watched the movie and it was pretty awesome, just what I was expecting from it too.
Aria-da-Capo said:
Non stop action from beginning to end that has you edge of the seat, it looked amazing and it was done extremely well.

Just watched the first 15 minutes. Ok, probably it's just not my cup of tea. I thought this genre died with Waterworld in 1995.
Jun 4, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
Just a questions but who was that little girl and black guy that was haunting Max?

NudeBear said:

Lol yeah, I liked how they gave off hints between characters with pasts with their interactions, like at the end when Fiosa you know'd what the guy with the mask.
Jun 4, 2015 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
RX-782 said:
Just a questions but who was that little girl and black guy that was haunting Max?

NudeBear said:

Lol yeah, I liked how they gave off hints between characters with pasts with their interactions, like at the end when Fiosa you know'd what the guy with the mask.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3523 by dreamingneon »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7848 by Azulmagia88 »»
3 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4847 by Kizuki01 »»
3 hours ago

» last.fm

Eikonomachia - Mar 8

17 by Kizuki01 »»
4 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

95 by 3miL »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.