Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 3, 2015 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
never. lol. can't hold a conversation for very long online, just like in real life.
May 3, 2015 12:02 PM

May 2010
I do get friends request frequently but yeah, it's always the same 5 people who are like willing to talk with you at any time.
May 3, 2015 6:56 PM

May 2015
Do some research. Stalk the prey, watch what it likes, dislikes. Learn what you can about it before making contact!

I'm half joking. Usually I make an acquaintance by watching and talking to them on the forum. You can find out a lot about someone by reading their opinions on certain subjects. So I usually just pick people who interest me or I find that I agree with.

And now I seem like a stalker...oh well. xD
May 3, 2015 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Don't usually.
I've never been someone who wants to socialize or something, I'm always on my own. And I find really hard to trust others and such. And I get bored easily... so... I prefer forums where I can say whatever I want than chats. Still, I usually talk with 2-3 guys but that's all.
Never happened here on MAL.
May 3, 2015 7:26 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I used to make a lot, especially on deviantART, and then they disappeared.
What can ya do?
_Jupiter_ said:
And now I seem like a stalker...oh well. xD
You should change your avatar to Matoi.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 3, 2015 8:48 PM

Sep 2014
I make plenty of acquaintances online, but "friends" are a bit harder to come by. I have made a decent amount of internet friends though, people that I've stayed in contact with for years, and felt that I could share things with that I wouldn't do with acquaintances.

I still have a couple of internet friends now, but some of them have drifted away over the passage of time.
May 3, 2015 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
no, it's just not my thing.

I'd rather spend the minimal extra time I have developing the friendships with "people that actually matter" (friends ive had for years) rather than be friends with people who share 1 interest with me? (anime) lol
Star_BoyMay 3, 2015 8:55 PM
May 3, 2015 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Rarely.

I don't give enough shits about most people to talk to them.

The few friends I do make tend to be the talk every day kind. Quality over quantity is where its at.
May 3, 2015 9:02 PM

Nov 2014
Just a few. 1 on mal so far
forever alone :(
May 3, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
A lot more than I do offline. But I think it takes more than casual "Hey, I like your profile pic." type discussion to be friends with someone. Those are more online acquaintances.
May 3, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
I've never made any friends online. I'm totally clueless about how to do it. I have a very difficult time making friends in real life, too.

Many people seem to think it's easier to make friends online, but I've never found this. Perhaps it depends on individuals' style.

I tend to become friends with people in real life very slowly - over the course of months or even years sometimes. On the internet, I just don't get the necessary exposure with people for this to ever work, and it's not like you see the same people day in and day out online.
May 3, 2015 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Not often as I used to.
I keep in touch with very few friends I've known for over 2 years.
I'd have some conversations with people I meet online, but I'm not really into making friends online anymore.

I prefer friends irl than online.
May 3, 2015 9:28 PM

Nov 2013
In games, I've made a ton of friends. Even though my friends live on other sides of the world, I find that they're much easier to "talk" to - In most cases, I trust my online friends more than my real life ones. I suppose in real life I'm not really an outgoing person and only have a small group of friends. It's interesting because I've known my online friends much longer than the people I hang out in real life now.

Relationship-wise, I haven't had a relationship online since I consider myself too young for one and there's also that possibility that you won't like each other when you meet, they're different to what you imagined, they're dangerous etc etc.

On MAL, I don't make too many friends since it's hard to keep a conversation other than anime.
May 3, 2015 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
Never really have but I haven't been active internet-wise until recently. Still not really used to talking to people without seeing their faces.
May 3, 2015 9:58 PM

Apr 2015
Yo come on guys don't be so sad, if you feel sad and lone and you need/want to make net friend,
i can be your friend for a while at least but . . .
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 3, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
I got no friends online :c
May 3, 2015 10:07 PM
Apr 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Your friends list says otherwise
May 3, 2015 10:07 PM

May 2015
I had "friends" on the internet a few years back. Then the forum got wiped out. The end. Haven't had much success after that. It's not easy though. Internet makes people really fickle. And boring.

May 3, 2015 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

D'aww.

I'll be your friend.
May 3, 2015 10:10 PM

Jun 2014
Gholy said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

H-Hey. 50% of that list were random FR sent to me >///<

@ _Myst: Okay c: nice to meet chu.
May 3, 2015 10:11 PM
Apr 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Gholy said:

That still gives you more e-friends than me >.>
May 3, 2015 10:13 PM

Jun 2014
Gholy said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Then let's be e-friends.

Problem solved!~
May 3, 2015 10:14 PM
Apr 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Gholy said:
Then let's be e-friends.

Problem solved!~
Sounds good :)
May 3, 2015 10:14 PM
Dec 2014
never
May 3, 2015 10:20 PM

Feb 2015
Na I hate people too much/too socially inept to interact with them further than as acquaintances.
CosmicbeingMay 3, 2015 10:30 PM
May 3, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
Cosmicbeing said:
Na I hate people too much to interact with them further than as acquaintances.

...but you're so cool.

Please love me.
May 3, 2015 10:35 PM

Dec 2013
Be nice
May 3, 2015 10:43 PM

Dec 2014
I have no friends.
Only enemies >_>
May 3, 2015 10:44 PM

Sep 2012
Normally, I would say that you should avoid any kind of deep relationship over the internet. There are too many risks and not enough satisfaction involved when compared to the real thing to make them worth it. I have a lot of experience with these "deep relationships" over the internet and the internet in general, and that's why I can say that it's best to stay far away from them. Online relationships should stop at friends, chatting buddies, and gaming buddies, and that's it, because anything past that is an unsatisfying mess that will end badly.

There are extremely rare cases where, if you happen to have enough internet experience, aren't socially retarded, and just straight up lucky, then some good relationships might happen with good outcomes. I won't deny that, as there have been plenty of times where people have met online only to end up getting married, and hell, even I might even end up in that kind of situation with a certain someone on here if I happen to luck out enough.

But again, that's a conditionally rare case, even if you happen to have all those qualities. MOST PEOPLE that would try for relationships online are socially retarded and/or lacking in experience regardless, so again, I still can't recommend it.
KorrvoMay 3, 2015 10:47 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 3, 2015 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
Korrvo

This is life 2015

"I would say that you should avoid any kind of deep relationship over the internet"
i bet my ass you failed your own rule right there
May 3, 2015 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
Deko_myanimelist said:
"I would say that you should avoid any kind of deep relationship over the internet"
Some things just happen. I did say I have a lot of experience regarding this kinda thing, anyway. Depression, severe loneliness (and thus desperation), and inexperience are factors that can cause people to act in a way that's seemingly devoid of any half-decent logic.

Though none of those things affect me anymore, so I'm fine with getting a bit closer to people online and giving them a legitimate chance to become "close" if that rare opportunity presents itself, as long as that includes meeting them IRL.
KorrvoMay 3, 2015 10:57 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 3, 2015 10:54 PM

Feb 2015
_Myst said:
Cosmicbeing said:
Na I hate people too much to interact with them further than as acquaintances.

...but you're so cool.

Please love me.

I can't love you, I am too numb for that due to my self-imposed near-complete lack of social contact; prolonged social isolation does that to people.
May 3, 2015 10:55 PM

Oct 2010
Be my internet friend or I'll burn you alive.
May 3, 2015 10:56 PM
Apr 2014
Cersei said:
I think I'll be burned alive, thank you.
May 3, 2015 10:57 PM

Jul 2014
Cersei said:

gimme some love
May 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
Cosmicbeing said:
_Myst said:

...but you're so cool.

Please love me.

I can't love you, I am too numb for that due to my self-imposed near-complete lack of social contact; prolonged social isolation does that to people.
That's an excuse.
May 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
I used to do it alot but now I have not done it in years. I think I lost my "making friends online" ability.
May 3, 2015 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
Cersei said:

I hate that woman really, pure bitch worst character in whole series ;|
Why her?
May 3, 2015 11:01 PM

Feb 2013
If there is a guild system in the game im playing, sure why not.
May 3, 2015 11:01 PM
May 3, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Never

May 3, 2015 11:11 PM

Feb 2015
Korrvo said:
Cosmicbeing said:

That's an excuse.

No its a collection of chronic patterns of behavior, thought and feeling, a lot of people have it here not to mention loneliness and social isolation is a worldwide epidemic with detrimental negative health effects similar to obesity (our ancestors would of found our levels of social interaction as inconceivably low), however they aren't articulating it as well as I am.

For example, me talking to you is actually having the opposite effect as studies are suggesting that individuals who use social media and substitute virtual friends for physical friends become even lonelier and more depressive than before.
May 3, 2015 11:12 PM

Oct 2010
Gholy said:
Cersei said:
I think I'll be burned alive, thank you.

Have it your way then. You'll die in your sleep sometime within the next week.

OG_Gawd said:
Cersei said:

gimme some love

No.

Deko_myanimelist said:
Cersei said:

I hate that woman really, pure bitch worst character in whole series ;|
Why her?

Cersei is the best GoT character, followed by Jaime.
Tywin and Joffrey are pretty cool too.
May 3, 2015 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
Korrvo said:
Deko_myanimelist said:
Some things just happen. I did say I have a lot of experience regarding this kinda thing, anyway. Depression, severe loneliness (and thus desperation), and inexperience are factors that can cause people to act in a way that's seemingly devoid of any half-decent logic.

Though none of those things affect me anymore, so I'm fine with getting a bit closer to people online and giving them a legitimate chance to become "close" if that rare opportunity presents itself, as long as that includes meeting them IRL.

Depression and isolation is a bitch, but learning experiences~

I wouldn't trade the things I learned about both others and myself through the flops of the past. Its really the same that happens in real life as you learn, just a little more shallow.

Cosmicbeing said:
_Myst said:

...but you're so cool.

Please love me.

You sure?

I'll feed you, and pet you, and call you Georgetta.
May 3, 2015 11:21 PM

Feb 2015

Yeah, any prolonged interaction with people on the internet reawakens my emotions and I feel even more lonely when I talk to a virtual presence, especially if its a girl.
May 3, 2015 11:21 PM

Sep 2012
Cosmicbeing said:
No its a collection of chronic patterns of behavior, thought and feeling, a lot of people have it here not to mention loneliness and social isolation is a worldwide epidemic with detrimental negative health effects similar to obesity (our ancestors would of found our levels of social interaction as inconceivably low), however they aren't articulating it as well as I am.

For example, me talking to you is actually having the opposite effect as studies are suggesting that individuals who use social media and substitute virtual friends for physical friends become even lonelier and more depressive than before.
Done sugarcoating your excuse now? I guess it would be a shame if you felt compelled to change your admittedly unhealthy lifestyle at any point.

_Myst said:
Depression and isolation is a bitch, but learning experiences~

I wouldn't trade the things I learned about both others and myself through the flops of the past. Its really the same that happens in real life as you learn, just a little more shallow.
This is true. Once you move onto the latter parts of life, how you learned your needed lessons end up as nothing but an irrelevant after-thought.

...is it the latter parts of life yet? Can it be now? I'm sick of occasionally going emo-mode and randomly worrying about and not getting over dumb shit. >_>

Cosmicbeing said:
Yeah, any prolonged interaction with people on the internet reawakens my emotions and I feel even more lonely when I talk to a virtual presence, especially if its a girl.
I don't think you realize just how much you're contradicting yourself.
May 3, 2015 11:24 PM

May 2012
I make more friends online than irl. Irl people just like me because I am funny. At least even if the relationship is not deep, at least people like me for me.
May 3, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2015
Korrvo said:
Done sugarcoating your excuse now? I guess it would be a shame if you felt compelled to change your admittedly unhealthy lifestyle at any point.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113176/science-loneliness-how-isolation-can-kill-you
Yes and due to the malleability of our neural networks its possible to repair the missing neural pathways from years of asocial behavior.

Korrvo said:

I am not, that's how virtual socializing works, you aren't more connected and social as a result but more disconnected and asocial.
May 4, 2015 4:18 AM

Apr 2015
Cosmicbeing said:
Korrvo said:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113176/science-loneliness-how-isolation-can-kill-you
Yes and due to the malleability of our neural networks its possible to repair the missing neural pathways from years of asocial behavior.

Korrvo said:

I am not, that's how virtual socializing works, you aren't more connected and social as a result but more disconnected and asocial.

I like how you cite your source. Almost no one does that.
Jun 24, 2015 11:10 PM

Nov 2014
I met two people IRL who i've met over the internet. And overall it's not hard to make friend. Especially when you play CSGO and you're winning, or when you're playing an MMO and you're killing a boss together.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

54 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

21 by TragicReality01 »»
44 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

27 by cody »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

24 by Zedlin »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

70 by Zedlin »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.