Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2015 7:38 PM
May 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
May 2, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2013
I read a small summary. Historia punches Levi, and Levi smiles, that's a rare sight to see. We also get a small Levi backstory. Also poor Kenny. Will go more in depth when the chapter comes out. And Historia is crown Queen!

This feel like a perfect spot to end season 2. Most of the loose ends has been tied up this chapter.
keragammingMay 2, 2015 8:39 PM
May 2, 2015 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
RIP Kenny + Levi's shoulder XD
May 4, 2015 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
Historia is finally queen.
So from the pics I've seen Kenny was like the mentor of a child Levi or something.

Also I read somewhere that the next chapter will have RBY? Yassss.
May 7, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
When I finished reading this chapter, I was speechless. My heart is still beating like crazy because this chapter answered so many questions, but also raised some. We definitely know now that Kenny Ackerman is Levi's uncle and that Levi is an confirmed Ackerman himself. So his mother dies because of an illness and no one treated her...Kenny takes Levi with him, whom he first meets in Kuchel's room. He tries to raise him, but just until Levi is ready to survive on his own. We also got to know that Kenny was going against Uri, the former King of the walls. But Kenny sensed something, when Uri was apologizing. I wonder what exactly that was...
Kenny is on the verge of death and tells Levi the truth, that he is his uncle. It was also hinted that he wants to use the serum to become a titan, but he decided to give it to Levi instead.
Historia is finally crowned the Queen and takes responsibility. They meet Levi on the hallway and Historia loses her nerves. What really made my heart almost skip a bit was the last panel. Levi smiles and thanks the others...why does he do that? "Meetings and farewells are something that come and go in a lifetime..." What is that supposed to mean? Is Levi leaving the Survey Corps? Did he decide to transform into a titan with the serum he got from Kenny? Or what does he intend to do? I'm not really sure, if I want to read the next chapter, I'm really afraid of what is coming next.

May 7, 2015 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
And there goes Kenny, not like it wasn't obvious
May 7, 2015 8:10 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
We got alot of questions answered in this chapter. But I'm wondering what did Levi do with the serum? Will he take it and transform in to a titan or does he have some crazy plan in mind? Well I hope these questions will be answered in the next chapter.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 7, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2013
May 7, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 2012
So That's it for kenny. I think this is a chance for levi to become taller ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I hope will see more titan or Reiner's,ymir,berthold at the next arc?
May 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
Ahh, so that's why Levi never talked to Mikasa about their relation. He never knew!

When Historia punched Levi, everyone was like "Oh shit!" And Mikasa is just smiling LOL.
May 7, 2015 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit that was an awesome chapter!! Answered so many questions!

Is Levi leaving though? the caption made it seem like he's about to say goodbye...And the serum what did he do with that? Damn a titan Levi would be so cool!!!!

Best part: Queen Historia!!
May 7, 2015 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:

This feel like a perfect spot to end season 2. Most of the loose ends has been tied up this chapter.

agreed this will be a perfect spot to end season 2 cause there's A LOT of speech in this arc....
(assuming it's gonna be a 2cour anime)....

and also i'm beginning to guess that the next big, long arc will be the last of the series....

May 7, 2015 9:58 AM

May 2014
ALL HAIL QUEEN HISTORIA VI BRITANNIA.

A bit sour at Kenny's death, and now I'm wondering who will Levi give the Titan(Vaccine) to. Himself? I doubt it, considering how overpowered he already it. The best candidate to become a Titan is clearly, Hange.

Just look at that face, how can you say no to that.

Also, surprised no one's made a comment about the chapter number yet. Maybe there's still hope for the internet.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 7, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
Tobinami said:
keragamming said:

agreed this will be a perfect spot to end season 2 cause there's A LOT of speech in this arc....

and also i'm beginning to guess that the next big, long arc will be the last of the series....

Nah, two more arcs remaining. The basement arc, and the final arc. A arc usually last four volumes, this one is the first to last for 5 volumes. Snk is ending in around 25 volumes that's what the editor said. This arc ends at volume 17.

Anyways. This chapter was just great. I enjoy every bit of it. Also that ending with Levi. O.O
May 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
cool backstory
kenny point of view is so crude, but interesting

hurraz for historia the queen

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 7, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
And so our question is all cleared. Levi is a legit Ackerman. Not just by title, but by bloood!!!
This is getting more interesting now!
Another agonizing month to wait.
... =_=

May 7, 2015 10:05 AM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:
Tobinami said:

Nah, two more arcs remaining. The basement arc, and the final arc. A arc usually last four volumes, this one is the first to last for 5 volumes. Snk is ending in around 25 volumes that's what the editor said. This arc ends at volume 17.

Anyways. This chapter was just great. I enjoy every bit of it. Also that ending with Levi. O.O

wow i didn't know that...
anyway thanks for the info..
so assuming what the editor said is true so we have about 8 volumes left....
how many chapter will it be ?
anyone ?

May 7, 2015 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
lots of backstory this chapter.

so levi is in possession of a titan serum now
May 7, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
Tobinami said:
keragamming said:

wow i didn't know that...
anyway thanks for the info..
so assuming what the editor said is true so we have about 8 volumes left....
how many chapter will it be ?
anyone ?

Around the same length as full metal alchemist. 100+ chapters.
May 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:

Around the same length as full metal alchemist. 100+ chapters.

I see...
Thanks for the info (again...)

May 7, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
omg this chapter is great! Finally some answers and Levi Ackerman confirmed! Mikasa smiling bc Levi was punched and Levi also smiling oh my god.
May 7, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
I'm legit worried about what Levi's going to do. Where is that serum? If he takes it himself, he has to eat another titan shifter to gain the ability to shift between forms. The only one he can eat is Eren, or Annie if they can get through her crystal form. Unless he's going to give the serum to Eren to power him up more? Either way, I don't trust him with that serum at the moment.

But we have confirmation that Levi is an Ackerman! Does this make him Mikasa's cousin?
May 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
That Historia punching Levi was epic. And awww Kenny still caring a bit for Levi.
And RIP our beloved Clint Eastwood cosplayer T.T

May 7, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Jicetus said:
We got alot of questions answered in this chapter. But I'm wondering what did Levi do with the serum? Will he take it and transform in to a titan or does he have some crazy plan in mind? Well I hope these questions will be answered in the next chapter.

If he does take the serum, he needs to eat a titan shifter to gain the ability to go between human and titan. I sincerely hope that the story doesn't go down that path, because his choices would be very, very limited.
May 7, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Fucking marvelous chapter. The mangapanda translations are bad at some points though, will wait for crunchyroll. Also, the art was a bit weird and exaggerated but it was probably the best done and most impactful back story and death in the manga so far.
I really liked Kenny, I actually thought he would have escaped the rubble or even become a titan. A cool change.
Levi smiles for the first time and his backstory was tragic too.
May 7, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
what..? oh...Flashback huh...Rod and Kenny first meeting huh.
O__O HOLY SHit...Rod's Brother Uri....was 100 Nay....1000 0000x Better King Than Rod Ever was!!!! That One Action...just made my respect rise towards him...and Kenny is same too it seems.

...ah..Finally things revealed why Levi is Ackerman....and his first meeting with Kenny....Damn that young Levi...seriously don't look like his older self.

...So Kenny's troop just like expected did not survive, and now looks like he is at the end of the road. Nice Flashback and story of Kenny...I liked this

So...he was Levis uncle....well Surprise...that somehow does not feel like the one....Looks like Levi liked him, even when he was enemy...

Damn Queen Historia has been Born!!! DAMN ALREADY LOOK HELL LOT BETTER QUEEN Than that Fake and his Father Was!!! Damn Awesome!!!

Oh... that Ending...she Really did it....Punched Levi.....and that Teams reaction when he laughed...damn I loved their Shocked Scared as shit faces!! XD

Witness new Royal Guard...XD Team Levi just got Promoted...No way that Historia can easily go to scout missions anymore.
JarjaxleMay 7, 2015 12:48 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 7, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
If Season 2 will start in Spring Season next year, then that's about 11 months! Can't wait!
Manga sales will get shit tons of boost again when the anime is back haha :D

10/10 for chapter 69.

Btw, is Mikasa using her mother's last name? or her father's? Mikasa's mother is Asian and father is European so Ackerman's are European? Asian?
May 7, 2015 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
Devil-Saint said:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2015 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
Levi actually smiled. O_O
May 7, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2012
Im not liking all this focus on Historia.
May 7, 2015 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
Shuhan said:
Im not liking all this focus on Historia.

Her arc is about to end. Yes, she will still get some focus after this arc, but it will be minimum since I doubt the queen will be heading to the basement with squad Levi.

I could be wrong though.
May 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Dec 2011
Devil-Saint said:

^^^
great chapter, it was really statisfying.
also

all hail da queen historia.

May 7, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
This chapter was masterpiece.

5/5

Imo 1 more chapter for this arc, next basement arc and final arc.

i cant wait :)
May 7, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2014
i forget things a lot, i have to go to the previous chapter to know where i've stopped, i guess we know what Kenny's relationship to Levi is, also i wonder what did Levi do with the serum. uhh it seems like the chapter i've read didn't have Levi getting punched, i guess i have to wait a little more.

May 7, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
Wait, Uri said he already transferred his power to the next in line (Freida), but Rod said the ceremony usually involved the previous Coordinate holder being eaten.

Besides that, the chapter was great. Levi is finally confirmed to be an Ackerman and Kenny seems to be much smarter than I thought. He gave the serum to Levi, who actually smiled for the first time... that's a creepy coincidence. Well, at least we know he hasn't injected it into himself, since he'd need to devour a titan shifter to turn back. Hopefully we move away from Historia now, I did enjoy her time to shine but I wouldn't say I like her as a character, still seems pretty immature to me. She looks like the Statue of Liberty.

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 7, 2015 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
I felt some fan-service while reading this chapter :D though liked it. I always miss in SnK to see a more human side of some the character's like Levi or Erwin. Now we got a honest smile from Levi for the very first time(?).

Just as others, I also got the impression that Levi might be the next we lose, but I think he is too important (and popular yet) to kill. Instead, we lost Kenny so the flashback can concern only his death, but since they were relatives it is related to Levi. (This kind of "those-whose-memories-we-saw-will-die-next" reminds me to Naruto's storytelling.)

Bit fun as I was just reading yesterday the chapter where the joke with the Queen's punch was mentioned and thought that there is probably no way we can see it happen...and then. :) The mangaka is so unpredictable, but that's why the story is kinda good. (Though, I can still imagine, if he would kill too many characters, who I find interesting, I would give up the monthly reading.)

Btw, why do you think Levi wants to use that serum? For what reason? Becoming a mindless titan, try to eat Eren - who would probably beat him in a titan fight as he has intelligence - or just getting killed by his former teammates? If even Kenny - whose life was at stake - did not use it, I see even less reason in Levi wanting to become a titan... Just like the others, he usually takes down.
asx-niciMay 7, 2015 3:59 PM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
May 7, 2015 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Maledict said:
Wait, Uri said he already transferred his power to the next in line (Freida), but Rod said the ceremony usually involved the previous Coordinate holder being eaten.

Besides that, the chapter was great. Levi is finally confirmed to be an Ackerman and Kenny seems to be much smarter than I thought. He gave the serum to Levi, who actually smiled for the first time... that's a creepy coincidence. Well, at least we know he hasn't injected it into himself, since he'd need to devour a titan shifter to turn back. Hopefully we move away from Historia now, I did enjoy her time to shine but I wouldn't say I like her as a character, still seems pretty immature to me. She looks like the Statue of Liberty.

4.5/5

That was mangapanda shitty translation. Since In earlier chapter we saw frieda transforming into a titan and eating him.
May 7, 2015 5:33 PM

Dec 2013
Historia looked crazy when she hit Levi lol
May 7, 2015 6:08 PM

Sep 2013
Thats some deep shit bro.
Isayama is really stepping up his development game.

5/5 for this one. As some of you said, this is the perfect chapter to end season 2 on.
May 7, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
Avok said:
Thats some deep shit bro.
Isayama is really stepping up his development game.

5/5 for this one. As some of you said, this is the perfect chapter to end season 2 on.

Agree, Isayama really has step up in the character development department. Folks that complain about the lack of development in character should be please when season 2 comes out.

This is why I always tell folks that think none of the characters will ever get any development that Isayama has a lot of time to develop his characters.
May 7, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
*slow-clap initiated

IMO, the best attack on titan chapter in the last 10 chapters. So many questions answered, amazing character development for levi, kenny, and somewhat historia. Now that Levi has the serum, what will he do with it? How will Historia fair as queen? Will we ever know the secret of the basement?!?!
May 7, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
Meh chapter. Kenny was beginning to be one of the few interesting characters, but I accept the fact that he died. If he would've turned into a titan, I probably would've dropped the manga there. It would have just been an excuse to prolong his supposed antagonistic ways, and make him the power-up-party-enemy with the power-up-party protagonist.

Levi's back story was a bit flaccid. Mysterious anime-only illness (If I'm correct, did his mother work at a brothel? If so, did she die of a STD?) kills his mother, and for some reason, he looks to be infected with it, but is perfectly fine after learning to stab some people with his then-unknown uncle? Then Kenny seemingly leaves him, only to show up years later and "Luke, I am your fatheruncle" it. Eh, it was better than 8-year-old Eren and Mikasa killing three men on their own.

Also, for those who are saying Levi will use the serum--That is waayyy out of character. Levi has never really been a power-hunger type of person (at least, to me), and if he uses the serum, that'll fuck up his whole character.

And, I've had this question for awhile: What the fuck is up with Mikasa's family? If Ackermans are Asian, then why the hell did her European father have the name, while her Asian mother didn't? Doesn't make sense. Ackermans are supposed to be the few remaining Asians, no? Having a pale ass blonde guy in the mixed with an Asian wife who is not an Ackerman makes no sense. Mikasa's inbred? lol

3/5. Historia punching Levi scene felt kind of out of nowhere, too.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
May 7, 2015 7:22 PM

Jan 2009
Kenny said violence is all he have, but now he lost even that, that dialogue fits him so well, R.I.P. Kenny

and congrats to Historia for being the Queen

now its time for them to fight the Titans i guess, and also go to the basement of the former house of Eren to learn more the secrets of the Titans
May 7, 2015 7:37 PM

Nov 2012
SnazzGary said:

And, I've had this question for awhile: What the fuck is up with Mikasa's family? If Ackermans are Asian, then why the hell did her European father have the name, while her Asian mother didn't? Doesn't make sense. Ackermans are supposed to be the few remaining Asians, no? Having a pale ass blonde guy in the mixed with an Asian wife who is not an Ackerman makes no sense. Mikasa's inbred? lol

There are many possiblities. It's been a while since I read that chapter in which the Ackerman grandfather first appeared, but I thought the Ackermans were one clan and the asians were another clan, both immune to the powers of the king. Regardless, Kenny doesn't look precisely asian either. If Mikasa's mother was indeed an Ackerman, it could be that Mikasa inherited the mother's last name like some people do in parts of the world. It's not a something new in manga and anime, Shinji Ikari's last name comes from his mother.
May 7, 2015 7:40 PM
May 2014
SnazzGary said:

Levi's back story was a bit flaccid. Mysterious anime-only illness (If I'm correct, did his mother work at a brothel? If so, did she die of a STD?) kills his mother, and for some reason, he looks to be infected with it, but is perfectly fine after learning to stab some people with his then-unknown uncle? Then Kenny seemingly leaves him, only to show up years later and "Luke, I am your fatheruncle" it. Eh, it was better than 8-year-old Eren and Mikasa killing three men on their own.

Also, for those who are saying Levi will use the serum--That is waayyy out of character. Levi has never really been a power-hunger type of person (at least, to me), and if he uses the serum, that'll fuck up his whole character.

Levi was starving. His mom suffering from an unknown disease. Ackerman and Asian are two different clan. Levi is half Ackerman. Mikasa mom was the last asian and her father was a distant relative to Levi Branch of the Ackerman. Mikasa is mix asian and Ackerman.

Both clans are immune to mindwipe. Many other were immune but choose to join the king and became the noble clans.

Only the asian and Ackerman betrayed the king.

Historia punching levi was a flashback to the dead merchant saying she should to proves that she was brave.
May 7, 2015 7:42 PM
May 2014

Mikasas dad was the ackerman. Mom was asian. She took her dad last name.

Levi mom was an ackerman, dad was some customer. Hence Levi was given the ackerman last name.
May 7, 2015 7:47 PM

Oct 2013
SnazzGary said:
Meh chapter. Kenny was beginning to be one of the few interesting characters, but I accept the fact that he died. If he would've turned into a titan, I probably would've dropped the manga there. It would have just been an excuse to prolong his supposed antagonistic ways, and make him the power-up-party-enemy with the power-up-party protagonist.

I made a Oath to not reply to you. But I have to break that oath because it seems you haven't been paying attention to the manga.

Levi was starving. His mother is poor did you not see where he was living? The clothe he was wearing? So yea, Levi wasn't infected with any disease he was simple starving. Common sense people.

The reason why Kenny didn't tell Levi that he and Levi are ackerman, is because he doesn't think name matter anymore. Which he blatantly said. It didn't even felt chessy all he said to Levi is that he's is mother older brother that's it.

Agree with you on the levi part, that would be pretty out of character for him.

I won't bother arguing about the ackerman Asian business, since not everything is clear yet.

Also reread chapter 56 and it will be clear why historia hit Levi. So no. It wasn't out of nowhere.

90% of what you said could have easily been avoided if you had simple use a bit of your common sense + a reread of this arc wouldn't hurt as well.

It honestly feels like you're trying too hard to critizize this series, but in the end fail miserable.

Go to snk reddit and post this comment. And you will see how easily they will rip your comment apart. Since they are hard core reader of the series like me.

@peskylemur25 thanks for explaining the ackerman/Asian part to snazzgary. Wasn't sure if I was right on that part.

So there you go snazzgary, we just clear up all the criticism you have for this chapter in a matter of minutes. So by default this chapter 5/5. Try again. :P
keragammingMay 7, 2015 8:10 PM
May 7, 2015 9:54 PM
Jun 2014
R.I.P Kenny. Very good chapter.
May 7, 2015 10:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder if Levi took the serum himself.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2015 11:06 PM

Aug 2008
Historia finally become queen. That last page. Levi smile. If Levi use the Titan power, he will become OP as hell.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.