Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, another fun episode I guess with the outdoor training and competitions.

Is it also just me or are they putting quite the budget into the fan service scenes? Well, someone got beat up there a bit. Einhard seems to be adapting her new lifestyle quite well though imo. Definitely glad to see Fate and Nanoha join this trip as well.
May 1, 2015 7:07 AM

May 2014
A moment of silence for Sein.

RIP Sein, this is what happens when you glomp a girl known as "The flame queen of hell doom death" ect, Also Opus Magnum is the coolest device name.

Sadly the animation was really meh, I hope they pick it up for next episode so we don't just get beamspam and still frame punches. Also it might have been my crap stream but Subaru loading a cartridge sounded rather underwhelming, no crunch at all.

Although considering what's coming next episode It's understandable they're saving their anime graphics dollars.
May 1, 2015 8:47 AM
Dec 2011
RIP Sein

This is so lewd.

And that Slutecia and her boob jiggle.
I like how some parts of body are censored with leaf.

WrongPriest said:

Sadly the animation was really meh, I hope they pick it up for next episode so we don't just get beamspam and still frame punches. Also it might have been my crap stream but Subaru loading a cartridge sounded rather underwhelming, no crunch at all.

Although considering what's coming next episode It's understandable they're saving their anime graphics dollars.

I wonder how much Episode is Vivid going to be.. Animation is really bad comparing with other anime this season.I wish Tsuzuki and 7arcs picked Vivid instead Dog Days.

Well I hope they are going to repay all of this with 3rd Nanoha Movie that we didn't get any news from 2013.
aiueowaveMay 1, 2015 8:56 AM
May 1, 2015 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
aiueowave said:

I wonder how much Episode is Vivid going to be.. Animation is really bad comparing with other anime this season.I wish Tsuzuki and 7arcs picked Vivid instead Dog Days.

I read about it's going to be two seasons in length as they don't want to stop at some awkward places.

Vivid's copyright is held by a different company than the rest of the series, so maybe that's why 7Arcs didn't do Vivid.
I don't think the animation is "bad", Nanoha Series isn't known for good quality drawing(at least not in TV.ver.). I do, however, think some colour tweak would help alot.
For example:
TYxTxYTMay 1, 2015 9:56 AM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 1, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
TYxTxYT said:

Vivid's copyright is held by a different company than the rest of the series, so maybe that's why 7Arcs didn't do Vivid.

Kadokawa currently holds every current major Nanoha manga series right?
ViVid and ViVid Life (Comp Ace), INNOCENT (Comp Ace), Original Chronicle The 1st (Nyan Type), and Force (perminent hiatus, but I think also ran in Nyan Type) are all under Kadokawa.

I think that's the only reason that the studio is different. Which is why Seven Arcs is still on for Movie 3rd (at least that we know for now).
Here is how I think it works: Anything that's an adaptation will go to whoever Kadokawa picks, and anything original stays with Seven Arcs.
Though, if you take Dog Days into account, I guess my logic is probably wrong.
retroranger18May 1, 2015 9:57 AM
"Rin Goes From Comatose to Bitch In 3 Seconds" : Hakuno Kishinami - Fate/Extra
May 1, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
TYxTxYT said:
aiueowave said:

I wonder how much Episode is Vivid going to be.. Animation is really bad comparing with other anime this season.

I don't think the animation is "bad", Nanoha Series isn't known for good quality drawing(at least not in TV.ver.). I do, however, think some colour tweak would help alot.
For example:

I have a feeling once the series comes to BD it will look a lot more like your bottom color tweek. If the BD of Season 1 and StrikerS that I have are any indication, even if it's A-1 and not Seven Arcs handling this series, I think King Records or Kadokawa Home Video will make sure there is some type of quality check before the series is put out on home media. I mean Aniplex/A-1 is usually good about that anyway.
May 1, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
Erm. I'm not a fan of the new designs. But it's obvious that A-1 put most of their effort in ViVid comparing to their other series this season.
May 1, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
Holy shit, that fan service. Next level of loli fan service.
May 2, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2010
Enjoyed the talk about Olivie and Klaus.

Einhart fretting over telling the story to Vivio ^^

It is always nice to see the group in their battle gears. The battle is finally here too.

Sein really did her thing there!
May 2, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
FlamingMangos said:
Holy shit, that fan service. Next level of loli fan service.

Have you read the manga? This fanservice is nothing. Nothing. You've seen nothing yet.
May 2, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
They censored the lovely nipples.
May 2, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
My favorite scene was Garyu "bathing" with them.
May 2, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2014
MajinAkuma said:

Garyu cares not for tiny flat chests, for him it's all about them them tig ol bitties.
May 2, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2014

So many different looking- Einhard, you're an odd man out. Ask the tanuki and get your toy now.
May 2, 2015 8:45 PM

Apr 2015
WrongPriest said:
MajinAkuma said:

Garyu cares not for tiny flat chests, for him it's all about them them tig ol bitties.

Then you realize Garyu cares not for human female, simply because IT is an insect.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 2, 2015 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
I have a feeling they will add nips in the bluray.
May 2, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2008
Wow they actually managed to drag the onsen scene for half an episode.
Well fuck and here I was expecting to see some team battle this episode.
May 3, 2015 5:06 AM

Dec 2008
I love how flustered and upset Einhart was, thinking she made Vivio sad <3
Darn, I didn't think hot spring would take so long. Oh well, team battle next ep then!
May 3, 2015 5:56 AM

Mar 2014
TYxTxYT said:

Then you realize Garyu cares not for human female, simply because IT is an insect.

That's one of the reasons why it is so funny. Garyu is a creepy humanoid insect, while Erio is in the kitchen and cooks with Megane in the kitchen because he is a dude.
May 3, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah...a fanservice episode. Big whoop. Oh well, atleast next episode looks to be nice.
May 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Harrymanhunter said:
Yeah...a fanservice episode. Big whoop. Oh well, atleast next episode looks to be nice.

Fanservice? More like Seinservice to me.
After all, it's Sein who got all the goodies.
May 3, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
TYxTxYT said:

After all, it's Sein who got all the goodies.

And a shoryuuken to the gut. Ouch.

Next ep, Erio's henshin. And it better be good.
May 4, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
i was really excited when everybody raise their devices (except einhart).
but after that yukari start to sing.........

can't wait for next week, to see their transformation scene
May 4, 2015 11:37 AM

May 2011
jonjoy said:

I don't think there'll be a transformation scene though, judging from the intense content that the mock battle is going to provide it'll most likely eat up all their budget trying to animate the mock battle, so the chance for a transformation scene will be indefinitely slim.. And yeah i was expecting the mock battle this episode too, they dragged some scenes too long, but im all good with loli fanservice so it's fine <3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2015 12:05 PM

Nov 2013
Kiev said:
jonjoy said:

I don't think there'll be a transformation scene though, judging from the intense content that the mock battle is going to provide it'll most likely eat up all their budget trying to animate the mock battle, so the chance for a transformation scene will be indefinitely slim.. And yeah i was expecting the mock battle this episode too, they dragged some scenes too long, but im all good with loli fanservice so it's fine <3

i'm pretty sure they will make the transformation scene. this anime adaptation is faithful to it's manga. there are transformation scene in ch 12 of the manga, right before the mock battle begin.
Beside that, MLSN without transformation scene.... i think a1 won't be that dumb to remove it, because it will disappoint a lot of fans, including me
May 4, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2010
jonjoy said:
i'm pretty sure they will make the transformation scene. this anime adaptation is faithful to it's manga. there are transformation scene in ch 12 of the manga, right before the mock battle begin.
Beside that, MLSN without transformation scene.... i think a1 won't be that dumb to remove it, because it will disappoint a lot of fans, including me

I think so, too. Nanohaverse is known for it's great transformation sequences. Actually, when I first watched nanoha S1 on TV, I puked a rainbow at the transformation sequence.

And I can already say that vivio's transformation blew sailor moon's cheap CGI out of the water
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 4, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2014
Full length transformations for the entire two teams might be a bit much to ask for, they might go for a combined transformation scene or perhaps a whole heap of really short ones.

If there's nothing we riot.
May 4, 2015 5:21 PM

Feb 2014
The episode was going pretty fine but then when they got to the hot baths I was like: "welp here comes the fanservice" and it was...way too much. Like, the Nanoha series has always had lolis and a little bit of fanservice but this amount is kinda uncomfortable (so I guess people were right about this season having more fanservice than the others). I was okay with the SoL stuff but then that girl swam around and we got some underwater shots of all the characters and...bleh

But at least we got a little mock battle action in this episode, and I'm happy with that. Next week looks like the real deal! :D Also is anyone else starting to really like the OP?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2015 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
Can't wait for the next episode. Mock battle has to be cool.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 5, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2015
Noodle070 said:
The episode was going pretty fine but then when they got to the hot baths I was like: "welp here comes the fanservice" and it was...way too much. Like, the Nanoha series has always had lolis and a little bit of fanservice but this amount is kinda uncomfortable (so I guess people were right about this season having more fanservice than the others). I was okay with the SoL stuff but then that girl swam around and we got some underwater shots of all the characters and...bleh

I've said this before, but it is to be expected considering this is an adaptation of a Nanoha manga. Read the A's comic, StrikerS comic, ViVid, ViVid Life, Force, and the alternate universe INNOCENT, really any of the nanoha mangas outside "Original Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha The 1st", they all have more fanservice than their anime counterparts. The fact that this is the first time a Nanoha manga is being adapted into anime form (when usually the Nanoha mangas have been used as a supplemental material to fill in gaps between timeskips, scenes or episodes) means some of that fanservice inevitably carries over into the adaptation. Actually come to think of it, even the Alternate Universe PSP games had more fanservice than Nanoha A's did.

Noodle070 said:
But at least we got a little mock battle action in this episode, and I'm happy with that. Next week looks like the real deal! :

Even though I know what's coming, I still don't know what to expect from the animators since some situations have been slightly changed so far in this series compared to the manga, so I can't wait to see what this mock battle, and upcoming battle scenarios in general, have in store for us.
May 16, 2015 8:02 PM
May 2013
Magical Girl Lyrical...Vivid -ep5

Please be more than fluff....Please be more than fluff.

TLDR: Not good, but at least it's better than than the last 2 episodes.

---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jun 7, 2015 5:50 AM

Sep 2014
Lol, Einhart trying to cheer Vivio up

2nd half - Fanservice overload!

Gotta feel for Sein though, that kick to the gut and that belly flop would've had to hurt!
Jul 20, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2012
That onsen goodness! Pretty solid episode, let's see what's next.
Aug 10, 2015 12:10 AM

Aug 2014
Sein reminded me of someone there...let's see, who was it...

Matsu! XD That's right, the bespectacled Perv-Mistress herself. But Sein, grasshopper, you still have much to learn. Also, Rio's your Holy Grail? Hunh. Kden. Regardless, let me demonstrate how it's really done~

Kinda surprised they didn't have Einhardt succeed in clobbering her.

I'm a little mad about Caro's design here. I was expecting something closer to Force, and here she's barely changed from StS. C'mon now, quit being lazy - she's um *cough* filled out quite nicely by the time Force rolls around!

Hoooooooboy, this mock-battle promises to be intense. But no Yagami-ke...

I am disappoint.

Needz moar green and floof and blackwing. Also, Signum vs. Rio would be really interesting, not to mention seeing whether Vita could steal the scene with so many others around who can do it. XD
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Sep 25, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Random thought when Einhart said she remembers happy parts, too: Einharts Ingvalts memories, at least parts of it. Ingvalt has descendants, as evident with Einhart. So, does she remember everything that entails...?
Oct 18, 2015 2:46 AM
Oct 2015
It was awesome to see Nanoha firing off some salvos again! I was starting to fear it wouldn't happen.

And all that loli fanservice... I'm in heaven! :D
Jan 16, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2016
And there is the obligatory hot spring shenanigans, not that I'm complaining.

I'm looking forward to the mock battles, we should see some exciting action.
May 24, 2017 7:06 PM
Jan 2014
Great fanservice ep.

Liking this season a lot more than Strikers.
Feb 24, 2018 4:40 AM

Jun 2017
I thought Einhart being worried that she made Vivio sad with her story and trying to come up with something cheerful was pretty darn adorable.

Einhart is pretty lovable for a seemingly "emotionless" or "non-expressive" character. They did a fantastic job with her character - definitely not cookie cutter.
Nov 5, 2022 1:50 PM

Aug 2018
Some fanservice here and there lately.. And some training.. Wonder, if Einhart will take anything from all of this..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

58 by Baskarite »»
Nov 26, 2023 7:22 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

31 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 9:23 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

29 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:56 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

26 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

24 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.