Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
Jsmithmim said:
This grail war is so messed up...kirei having a servent,even allowing gilgamesh to participate where clearly he hasn't been summoned by grail this time..this is clearly out of the rulebook..

5th HGW is technically about breaking the rules,tbh..
Apr 13, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
Zulkir said:
chat77 said:

So we will get the history of other servants?I would love to have one of Lancer

F/HA
In all of meanings of "history of Lancer"

I know...but they are trying to make it an ensemble cast?So maybe..
Apr 13, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
chat77 said:
Jsmithmim said:
This grail war is so messed up...kirei having a servent,even allowing gilgamesh to participate where clearly he hasn't been summoned by grail this time..this is clearly out of the rulebook..

5th HGW is technically about breaking the rules,tbh..

Yeah it really is. There hasn't been a conventional grail war since

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 13, 2015 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
GARBrotato said:
Was that a new track that played at the very end btw? When Berserker gets in battle stance and stuff, I mean. It sounds cool but I don't remember if it already was in S1.

Was not.
chat77 said:

Completely covered in F/HA.
Apr 13, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
My reaction on this information:
Nasu's written scene: Awesomeness.
Nasu insisting on putting in details that weren't in the VN: Awesomeness.
Prioritizing this scene more than Medea's historical background: Eh? Why? I mean the scene itself wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel it could've been substituted with something more effective already existing in the VN.

It's good from a writer perspective (for a VN), it's not from a direction perspective (for an anime).

Am i making sense?
Apr 13, 2015 1:35 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Prioritizing this scene more than Medea's historical background: Eh? Why? I mean the scene itself wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel it could've been substituted with something more effective already existing in the VN.

It's good from a writer perspective (for a VN), it's not from a direction perspective (for an anime).

Am i making sense?

^pretty much me.

Add them as BD extras if he wants (so they are wroth the price this time...ZIIIING) but not sacrifice canon material for them.
Apr 13, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
Insertanamehere said:

chat77 said:

Completely covered in F/HA.

I know pleb....seems like they are trying to create an ensemble cast thsts why I was wondering..:P
Apr 13, 2015 1:37 PM
Oct 2011
Eh, buh. Here the page, if someone can read moonrunes.
Apr 13, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
YggdrasilTM said:
Eh, buh. Here the page, if someone can read moonrunes.

It does not say that Nasu decided where to put those scenes in.

The way I get it he just wrote a bunch of scenes and went "add them somewhere"
Apr 13, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
^

Hi there
Dragon Summon is a place you have Yon the Servant believe treasure fixture because there is a dragon of anecdotes,

"I'm sorry ...... jubilee does not use Toka dragon that you can not control but ......
Ah, but Toka this painful dagger, what about? "

Toka is being said Ira~tsu a tree gone was Twink master, is Atoramu.

Is a lie.

The long-awaited # 14 So, was the Fate of the new scene extends.

One stage but was basic supervision policy that get me put a hand to all lines after receiving the screenplay,
The second phase is the "I leave this scene," "here also this scene",
I can also were many. We're going to write me round was not able to represent a scene in the game.

# 14 Among them, # 15 be heard quite a selfish,
Had you accepted that you want to do here.

Since Atoramu of # 14 was shaken to be "with the addition of only five minutes want to put the story of the caster of the master" to director

"All right, You're Under arrange from Papa one over. What, yeah? In the game version was written Toka middle-aged of medium build, it surely'm vision. Do not have to worry. Kimi, the enlightenment and more Please communicate at elevated TAMAE by ...... Nam to the ...... so ...... together by TAMAE make a pupil in the brain by ...... "

After riding the tone just in and, the, What. ...... Na been turned into devastation of the street you can see.
But I want you to know.
The unique skills of playwright to measure the scene by the minute it is the Ne Wake the mushrooms have.
Thus is the Wake of oil tycoon Atoramu Mr. fought hurriedly, but the ufo is amazing is only after this.

"We do not fit in 22 minutes this scene will almost cut. But let's make it so important."
"?? No, rewritten, it will do not enter it 'Cause?' S not Toka?"
"There I can somehow in the editing"

I place you've made to really with!
It was a full version in the prior screenings,
First meeting of the conversation of Atoramu and caster in the aired version,
Uchiai such jab of Archer and caster of words has been cut.
Yet the animation industry or ...... Sugeena to wonder ...... This is called story leading the fight in 22 minutes.
Since the cut portion is likely to be included on the Blu-ray, there also thank you.

The difference to about regrettable To flop in one episode ...... I have really good Atoramu of Fukushima's acting ......

Wat?
Apr 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

Add them as BD extras if he wants

It's too big for that, though. ~12 minutes in the episode and a couple more cut, so i can understand their decision to put it in.
Apr 13, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Add them as BD extras if he wants

It's too big for that, though. ~12 minutes in the episode and a couple more cut, so i can understand their decision to put it in.

Those 12 min could have been cut to 11 tho.

BD Special.

If they do not count OST as runtime again it can be done.
Apr 13, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
Am i misunderstanding something, or did Nasu say that a a scene with Archer and Caster was cut for the TV version?

CookingPriest said:

BD Special.

I'd say 7 minutes is really their limit. It's already more than the entirety of the added runtime for the first cour.
Apr 13, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2009
More than anything, this episode confused me. I didn't really understand what Kirei and Caster's douchebag master were talking about in the chapel. And I didn't understand why Lancer showed up in the elevator. It also doesn't help that Caster's flashback scene jumping from the present to the past(and vice-versa) was a little jarring. Speaking of Lancer, we still don't even know who his master is. That also confuses me.

Other than that, all the stuff with Shinji's servant was great. Of course it had to end on that huge cliffhanger...
Oh, well. I'm excited for next week's episode.
Apr 13, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
Mormegil said:
More than anything, this episode confused me. I didn't really understand what Kirei and Caster's douchebag master were talking about in the chapel. And I didn't understand why Lancer showed up in the elevator. It also doesn't help that Caster's flashback scene jumping from the present to the past(and vice-versa) was a little jarring. Speaking of Lancer, we still don't even know who his master is. That also confuses me.

Other than that, all the stuff with Shinji's servant was great. Of course it had to end on that huge cliffhanger...

just saying, the things bolded were made pretty clear in this episode, if you were paying attention.
Apr 13, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2007
Mormegil said:

They said it clearly, He was asking Kirei about how to get a new servant because he was un-happy with Caster.

EDIT: And the scene skipping didn't have much time in between. It was in the woods after killing her master --> she kills him --> back in the woods to find Kuzuki. Like a flashback in a flashback.
KetuekigamiApr 13, 2015 3:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2015 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
astroprogs said:
Am i misunderstanding something, or did Nasu say that a a scene with Archer and Caster was cut for the TV version?

CookingPriest said:

BD Special.

I'd say 7 minutes is really their limit. It's already more than the entirety of the added runtime for the first cour.

Nothing about 7 minutes there, but Nasu says two things:
1) Caster's summoning and a 'exchange of word-jabs' between Archer and Caster were cut
2) It "looks like" cut scenes will be added back to the BD version.
Apr 13, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
Nasu said:
こんにちは。
竜の逸話があるからドラゴンサモンが宝具と信じてサーヴァントを喚んだところ、

「すみません……喚べるけど制御できないので竜とか使いません……
 あ、でもこの痛そうな短剣とか、どうでしょう?」

とか言われてイラッときてしまったイケメンマスター、アトラムです。

Hello.
Since she has a rare knowledge about dragons, I believed that the Servant will have dragon summoning as a Noble Phantasm, but when I summoned her, she told me
"I am sorry, I can summon them, but cannot control, so I cannot use dragons...
But, how about this painful-looking dagger?"
which got me, handsome Master Atram, really mad.

lol

Edit: sorry for double-posting. Was sure that this thread is faster :P
Edit 2: translation fix about who has the dragon knowledge
ZulkirApr 13, 2015 3:23 PM
Apr 13, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2010
Zulkir said:
Nasu said:
こんにちは。
竜の逸話があるからドラゴンサモンが宝具と信じてサーヴァントを喚んだところ、

「すみません……喚べるけど制御できないので竜とか使いません……
 あ、でもこの痛そうな短剣とか、どうでしょう?」

とか言われてイラッときてしまったイケメンマスター、アトラムです。

Hello.
Since I have a rare knowledge about dragons, I believed that Servant will have dragon summoning as a Noble Phantasm, but when I summoned the Servant, I was told
"I am sorry, I can summon them, but cannot control, so I cannot use dragons...
But, how about this painful-looking dagger?"
which got me, handome Master Atram, really mad.

lol

Edit: sorry for double-posting. Was sure that this thread is faster :P

LMAO. Medea, false advertising much?
Apr 13, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
Jsmithmim said:

Apr 13, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
Atomic GrenadeGatoradeAtram Galiast/10
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 13, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2010
Tehqo said:
Jsmithmim said:

Apr 13, 2015 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
The original stuff for Caster's former master was neat but nothing impressive. All I cared about was Gilgamesh and his fucking gates of babylon.
Apr 13, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
Well, well!! Gilgamesh has entered the battle. Gate of Babylon gonna strike!!
LET THE FIGHT BEGINS
Apr 13, 2015 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
Caster I feel you T__T

Lancer appearing in a BAD@SS way <3

Tohsaka making dinner for Shiro <3

Shiro being shocked but damn Tohsaka XDDDDD

Shinji telporting OMG

Gilgamesh OMG and killing Ley and Sella T__T

Berserker vs Gilgamesh next time : 0
Apr 13, 2015 9:10 PM

Sep 2014
Jsmithmim said:
the 4th HGW is really the only "normal" HGW that we really get to see....
Apr 13, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
Jsmithmim said:

"normal" you say...

I don't think there even is any such thing as a "normal" HGW, for a long, long list of highly spoilerific reasons.
Apr 13, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2014
fst said:
Maloghurst said:

"normal" you say...

I don't think there even is any such thing as a "normal" HGW, for a long, long list of highly spoilerific reasons.

Truth.
Apr 13, 2015 9:50 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
Maloghurst said:

"normal" you say...

hence the quotation marks...it's not like you had something like 14 servants popping up or a monster that apparently has a planet devouring vagina....
Apr 13, 2015 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
fst said:

"normal" you say...

hence the quotation marks...it's not like you had something like 14 servants popping up or a monster that apparently has a planet devouring vagina....

Ehh.

It's not a very meaningful distinction.

Apr 13, 2015 11:20 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode. I am absolutely ecstatic to finally see the King of Heroes return to his place on the throne! xD
Apr 13, 2015 11:23 PM

Sep 2014
TheHonestThief said:
Amazing episode. I am absolutely ecstatic to finally see the King of Heroes return to his place on the throne! xD
implying he even left the throne!! can't nobody handle his level of swag [spoiler]
WARNING INTENSE LEVEL OF SWAG
Apr 14, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2014
Maloghurst said:
TheHonestThief said:
implying he even left the throne!! can't nobody handle his level of swag [spoiler]

Haha, true. I guess he never left the throne, but rather hid it from view for 10 years! xD
Apr 14, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Am i making sense?

^pretty much me.

Add them as BD extras if he wants (so they are wroth the price this time...ZIIIING) but not sacrifice canon material for them.

I think Nasu wanted to explain that Kuzuki, a non-magus martial artist teacher, wasn't the one who originally summoned Caster. It's better explained properly since Kuzuki is like the 2nd or 3rd non-magus in the series, and the viewers might questions why the original master even throwed away a servant as good as Caster anyway.

The mana extraction machine is pretty nice touch since Ufo wasn't going to animate Fate route. But still, the bright laboratory full of gadgets and how the children dissolve "just like that" makes the atmosphere of that scene feels pretty underwhelming from what it supposed to be.

Anyway, it's nice to see where Caster's original master has gone until now and what Medea was capable to do.
toumei_Apr 14, 2015 12:32 AM
Apr 14, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
TheHonestThief said:
implying he even left the throne!! can't nobody handle his level of swag

Wooow, hahaha. Man I want to play CCC :S ... translated.
HarlequinaApr 14, 2015 12:40 AM
Apr 14, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2014
Harlequina said:
Maloghurst said:

Wooow, hahaha. Man I want to play CCC :S ... translated.[/quote]

I'll play it alongside Mohoyo.

#thedream
Apr 14, 2015 12:38 AM

Sep 2014
meishika said:

The mana extraction machine is pretty nice touch since Ufo wasn't going to animate Fate route. But still, the bright laboratory full of gadgets and how the children dissolve "just like that" makes the atmosphere of that scene feels pretty underwhelming from what it supposed to be.

Anyway, it's nice to see where Caster's original master has gone until now and what Medea was capable to do.
the anime still had the bloodfort andromeda stuff from the first half. so they had their converting humans to mana covered anyways....seemed kind of strange that they wanted to show kids getting turned into chilli here but not show students slowly desolving during bloodfort...idk.just meaningless fanboy griping at this point.
Apr 14, 2015 1:17 AM

Jul 2007
meishika said:
CookingPriest said:

^pretty much me.

I think Nasu wanted to explain that Kuzuki, a non-magus martial artist teacher, wasn't the one who originally summoned Caster. It's better explained properly since Kuzuki is like the 2nd or 3rd non-magus in the series, and the viewers might questions why the original master even throwed away a servant as good as Caster anyway.

The original canon material in VN already explains perfectly well that Kuizuki did not summon Medea.

The machine makes no sense lore-wise. And feels tryhard edgy

We already knew where master went. One line sufficed. Everything else was uneeded and pointless. Master filler could have been compressed to 3 minutes montage from Medea. And thanks to all the alterations(Rin fightng medea equally.............) and outright removal(Shirou analyzing Medea's strength during Temple fight, Rin's true magic explanations, etc), no we do not get to see what Medea is capable off. Mindfucking a random nobody is not really impressive.
Apr 14, 2015 2:24 AM
Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:
meishika said:

The original canon material in VN already explains perfectly well that Kuizuki did not summon Medea.

We already knew where master went. One line sufficed. Everything else was uneeded and pointless. Master filler could have been compressed to 3 minutes montage from Medea. And thanks to all the alterations(Rin fightng medea equally.............) and outright removal(Shirou analyzing Medea's strength during Temple fight, Rin's true magic explanations, etc), no we do not get to see what Medea is capable off. Mindfucking a random nobody is not really impressive.

Oi.

いろいろなゲーム、小説がアニメ化されてはや二十年弱。
いまさら言うまでもありませんが、原作とアニメは別物です。違うジャンルの娯楽です。
一つの目的地に向かって空路と海路で旅するぐらい違うものなのです。
だから同じ読後感、同じ高ぶりを求めるのは前提が間違いです。

アニメ版UBWはゲームでしか表現できない言葉の積み重ねを廃したかわりに、
映像と演出、時間のコントロールで物語の裏側を表現しています。
Apr 14, 2015 3:20 AM

Sep 2011
YggdrasilTM said:
CookingPriest said:

Oi.

I somehow agree with both this, and that anime could still be made better even in anime terms (especially the OST and its usage). It is still an awesome adaptation though.
Apr 14, 2015 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
YggdrasilTM said:
CookingPriest said:

Oi.

Even if there's a difference in mediums, all of those things COULD have been expressed in visual medium.

You do not need endless monologues or exposition to portray lore correctly.
Apr 14, 2015 3:43 AM
Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:
YggdrasilTM said:

Oi.

Even if there's a difference in mediums, all of those things COULD have been expressed in visual medium.

You do not need endless monologues or exposition to portray lore correctly.
I don't think nasu was referring to monologues or exposition. He is plainly saying that using different media creates different stories.
This is not an adaptation, it is a remake.
YggdrasilTMApr 14, 2015 4:03 AM
Apr 14, 2015 4:34 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
meishika said:

-A few lines might not capture it properly in the anime, and leaves the fans unsatisfied on why the master threw a servant as capable as her. Some people even will say that the anime butchered the backstory.
It was also described in VN in 3rd person POV how her master was, but Medea didn't tell it to anyone. So how it will be told? And the VN just said he used his Command Spells over "meaningless" things and didn't explain further. So how the anime, after 10 years people waiting, can fix this? Ufo has chosen the "show, not tell" way is better for the anime. This option is actually good, since the VN will have the role to "tell" (e.g. for Shirou’s narrations) so both media can still sell in the future.
- For Rin fighting Medea equally, I also doubt she will succeed at her attempt, so glad Archer stopped it, despite his choice. VN might have this scene filled with narration, but anime should show something, or else Rin would look useless, moreover how Rin tried to ran away after Archer declared his choice in VN and being ambushed by Kuzuki.
- What was Shirou's analysis about her in the Temple fight again? I forgot. Archer's "A master whose servant more powerful than him/her should be wary"? It still don't tell more about Medea’s master. Just sounds like a flattering comment.
- For machines, each Magus have their own secret specialty and Extra which was only some decades after that has more machines anyway.
Apr 14, 2015 4:48 AM

Sep 2014
fst said:
Forgetfulness said:
So it's just bad subbing?

Cause reenact implies that it already happened before?

I wish I knew enough japanese to understand the latter half of the sentence. He definitely says something about a battle out of legend/myth here. The latter half I had to go look up. He says "saigen", which according to this dictionary can be reappearance; reproduction; return; revival. And then I think the rest of the sentence is just phrasing it into a question.

So, I think he does actually say re-enact. Which... yea.

David and Goliath. Like, it fits so perfectly.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 14, 2015 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
so much bullshit
meishika said:

-A few lines might not capture it properly in the anime, and leaves the fans unsatisfied on why the master threw a servant as capable as her. Some people even will say that the anime butchered the backstory.

It is perfectly explained and I am pretty sure nobody should care about that master.

It was also described in VN in 3rd person POV how her master was, but Medea didn't tell it to anyone. So how it will be told? And the VN just said he used his Command Spells over "meaningless" things and didn't explain further. So how the anime, after 10 years people waiting, can fix this? Ufo has chosen the "show, not tell" way is better for the anime. This option is actually good, since the VN will have the role to "tell" (e.g. for Shirou’s narrations) so both media can still sell in the future.

Show Medea tricking the paranoid asshole into using command spells for bullshit. 4-5 minutes tops if you need.
- For Rin fighting Medea equally, I also doubt she will succeed at her attempt, so glad Archer stopped it, despite his choice. VN might have this scene filled with narration, but anime should show something, or else Rin would look useless, moreover how Rin tried to ran away after Archer declared his choice in VN and being ambushed by Kuzuki.

Against Caster Rin HAS TO LOOK USELESS.
Caster should be able to facetank gandrs or anything Rin throws beyond top notch shit she has yet to use. That IS the difference between them.
Rin already was shown to be way too capable in this adaptation with most of her flaws removed.

- What was Shirou's analysis about her in the Temple fight again? I forgot. Archer's "A master whose servant more powerful than him/her should be wary"? It still don't tell more about Medea’s master. Just sounds like a flattering comment.

Nope.
Shirou analysed Caster's spellcasting comparing it to a housing - modern magic looks like shoddy mudflats to Caster and basic few beams Caster spams like crazy would take best of best present day magi shitload of time of chanting and years of mana to do. That whole dialogue NOT ONLY shows Shirou as perceptive and capable but also showcases Caster as a threat. Add the true magic comment and she is not someone ot be triffled with.
Let's not forget that Archer should not have had such an easy time against her in the temple either

- For machines, each Magus have their own secret specialty and Extra which was only some decades after that has more machines anyway.

Magic and technology does not mix. PERIOD.
Extra does not have "magic".
This filler master makes
look like a proper magus ffs...
Apr 14, 2015 4:54 AM

May 2014
mira-nyan said:

David and Goliath. Like, it fits so perfectly.

No way Mira lol, David had to aim and wasn't a turd.

This is more like Goliath vs xXxPussyDestroyer1337xXx
Apr 14, 2015 7:14 AM
Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:
so much bullshit
meishika said:

Nope.
Shirou analysed Caster's spellcasting comparing it to a housing - modern magic looks like shoddy mudflats to Caster

The mudhouse comparison was actually made by Caster herself, not by Sfirou.
CookingPriest said:
so much bullshit
meishika said:

Magic and technology does not mix. PERIOD.

You are thinking about old conservative families, but Caster's Master was a newbie of the Association (even if maybe the ritual of his familiy was old), probably ignoring many of the usual traditions.
Apr 14, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
YggdrasilTM said:
The mudhouse comparison was actually made by Caster herself, not by Sfirou.
answered in proper thread.
Apr 14, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode. Pretty brutal end for the maids haha.
Apr 14, 2015 8:52 AM

Feb 2014
[quote=meishika] Ufo has chosen the "show, not tell" way is better for the anime. This option is actually good, since the VN will have the role to "tell" (e.g. for Shirou’s narrations) so both media can still sell in the future. /quote]

In almost any adaptation you can imagine, "show don't tell" is hands-down the best approach for a visual medium. And yet, purists always get bent out of shape about it.
Pages (26) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by yashoshi69 »»
Feb 7, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.