Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty funny. Nagato Yuki is such a cutie :3

And we also get this inevitable encounter:

Not sure how I like the character designs for this season but it had a good amount of humorous moments. Looking forward to more. Run Yuki run~
Stark700Apr 3, 2015 1:42 PM
Apr 3, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
Minorin's shy Yuki-chan with lots of unrealistic wishes... it's definitely different from the Yuki we knew before. Regardless of being shy, she's in good term with Kyon. No OP.

Using Christmas as an opportunity to celebrate the club's existence. lol @ the argument between the friends of the two girls who "fights" for Kyon. And in the end became those two friends instead of the two girls. They became best friend from rival.

The feeling she developed to Kyon when in library.

LOVING ED!
tsubasaloverApr 4, 2015 11:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2012
Sorry, but I'm not going to be the one to post an animated GIF of Mikuru Asahina running through the
shopping district.

599x338p image: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBrogCrUAAEZz_F.jpg
960x540p image: http://i0.wp.com/ani-fi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/0361.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

To get a sense of the level of interest of this series in Japan, here are the
"Amazon Stalker points" as of this minute. These are a measure of the
number of pre-orders that are being placed for the Blu-ray and DVD.

Volume 1 06/26 SEBRD 2371 REBRD 1493 SEDVD 289 REDVD 361
Volume 2 07/31 SEBRD 2345 REBRD 1625 ...
Volume 3 08/28 SEBRD 2709 REBRD 1874 ...
Volume 4 09/25 ...
Volume 5 10/30 ...
Volume 6 11/27 ...

SEBRD = special edition Blu-ray
REBRD = regular edition Blu-ray
SEDVD = special edition DVD
REDVD = regular edition DVD

The "..." means that I was too lazy to look up all of the numbers. Sorry.

Considering that all of these numbers reflect pre-orders placed by fans who have
not yet watched Episode 1, I am extremely impressed. Clearly, a lot of people in
Japan are very interested. I am curious to see how these numbers evolve over the
next week after fans have a chance to watch Episode 1 and decide whether or not
they are interested.

Don't worry about the fact that there appear to be more pre-orders for Volume 3
than for Volume 1. This is a normal artifact of the mathematical algorithm by
which "Amazon Stalker points" are estimated. Basically, it is very hard for them
to accurately forecast sales in late August based only on the pre-orders that
have been placed through Amazon over the past week. They only started to take
pre-orders on March 20th.

Here is the webpage in Japanese where you can access Amazon Stalker points:
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index2.cgi?sort=rankup
And here is a very good explanation, in English, of how it works:
https://bakalaureate.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/guest-post-anime-and-sales-analysis-by-yuyucow/
okanaganApr 3, 2015 11:43 AM
Apr 3, 2015 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
Righty-o. Just finished the episode and I have to say that it was an interesting one. Not sure how to feel about it at this point in time (as nothing really did happen, to be honest), though I did enjoy how they eased us back into the Disappearance/Haruhi universe with all the nods back to the original series like the humming of Hare Hare and the Shopping District activities. Despite the different artstyle, the characters are still the ones we know and love. Speaking of the artstyle, it's more flat and pastel than I thought it would be and it will take some time to get used to.

Maybe it's just me, but Yuki sounds just a tad different even from the Disappearance Yuki in the movie. Perhaps she's more vocal here, but maybe it's Minori Chihara taking time to get back in her role? Hm...

Considering the fact that Yuki's my favorite character from the original, I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode and whatever this series has in store.
Apr 3, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure if I like the different style of animation yet, guess we'll see as the show continues. As far as first episodes go? Seems pretty standard tropes and all

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Apr 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
I like it so far .
It's funny and Nagato is pretty cute with all those expressions ;)
ALSO
ED SONG IS GREAT !
Apr 3, 2015 1:27 PM
Feb 2013
I really like it. The animation is different which I don't mind too much. And as someone else said, I felt Nagato was a bit more talkative in this. Even more than the movie. Not that I'm complaining. It's always good to hear Nagato talk. And I really wanna see Haruhi and Itsuki now.
Also, a question. I watched this without Subs (Raw). Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for something like this to get some Subs? This is my 1st Anime series I'm watching right on release date
It's a nice experience (^_^)
Apr 3, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
RobertOuma13 said:
I really like it. The animation is different which I don't mind too much. And as someone else said, I felt Nagato was a bit more talkative in this. Even more than the movie. Not that I'm complaining. It's always good to hear Nagato talk. And I really wanna see Haruhi and Itsuki now.
Also, a question. I watched this without Subs (Raw). Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for something like this to get some Subs? This is my 1st Anime series I'm watching right on release date
It's a nice experience (^_^)

Welcome to the club ^.^

Apparently Commie is doing the subs
I too am waiting impatiently for subs >:(

But the raw was good. I like this style change, its different, but i wouldn't say its bad.
Onwards to next week! *w*
Apr 3, 2015 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
I really enjoyed this episode and if it keeps going like this it will be a rather great adaptation. Lot's of cuteness, maybe even more so than the manga and I'm loving the ED.
Apr 3, 2015 3:08 PM

Dec 2014
I watched a bit of the episode but I don't know alot Japanese, can anyone give me link to watch it with english subs?
Apr 3, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2008
Yuki with emotions . . . So far so good. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Apr 3, 2015 4:45 PM
Sep 2013
and it's here!

asahina is always hilarious when it comes to promoting a shop

And Yuki sure talk quite a lot.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty funny. Nagato Yuki is such a cutie :3

And we also get this inevitable encounter:

Not sure how I like the character designs for this season but it had a good amount of humorous moments. Looking forward to more. Run Yuki run~

haruhi portrayed quite gloomy here, as we saw in Disappearance..
Apr 3, 2015 4:52 PM

Jun 2014
As someone who's gotten pretty far in the manga, this did not disappoint me. It's different (from parent material), it's cute, and still entertaining. I wonder what episode are they gonna do that "title suddenly makes sense" arc.

I'm extremely excited. moe yuki nagato banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Apr 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't like the manga, but the anime might change things.
Apr 3, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
Yuki with emotions. Different from original Suzumiya, but I liked it.
Apr 3, 2015 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
Really think Chihara Minori's voice seems unnatural, guess its because Nagato's normal here.
Apr 3, 2015 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
I enjoyed it had some funny bits even though it's a spin-off i want to say this is taking place in the disappearance just from everything i saw which is interesting will this be just a comedy or something more?.

char designs are okay think kyon is the only one that didn't change over so well
katsu044Apr 4, 2015 11:13 AM
Apr 3, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
awful, possible drop.

Apr 3, 2015 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
AsianYeti said:
As someone who's gotten pretty far in the manga, this did not disappoint me. It's different (from parent material), it's cute, and still entertaining. I wonder what episode are they gonna do that "title suddenly makes sense" arc.

I'm extremely excited. moe yuki nagato banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Can't wait for it! (^o^)
Apr 4, 2015 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
It's sure taking long for the subs to come out. :(
Apr 4, 2015 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
i...haven't read te novels so i'm kinda confused.... so this is a world when kyon didnt travel to the past, where yuki is a normal girl? should i think this is the world that would had happended if kyon didnt fix thingss in the movie?

or... is the world of the dissaparence of haruhi before our original kyon a.k.a. jhon smith traveled btween worlds?

i'll just leave my random rant here

Zero_r2Apr 4, 2015 4:21 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 4, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Does anyone know which group will pick this one up?
Apr 4, 2015 7:36 AM

May 2012
Actar said:
humming of Hare Hare

When exactly did that happen?
Apr 4, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
Asakura is in, I'm in.
DawnJApr 4, 2015 8:51 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 4, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2013
jeratdinardo said:
Can someone say me if any english fansub is working with this serie?

Funimation has the rights.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 4, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2010
It was quite a decent episode. Indeed the exaggerated shyness of Nagato is quite funny (yet I'm still not used to), without even mentioning the devilish behavior of Asakura which is pure evil (She won't miss a single chance of "bullying" Kyon or Nagato). The competition between tsuruya and asakura (Mikuru and Nagato were also in but they were not the main) was a bit wtf but funny enough.

The settings of the story (up to my understanding) seems to be one year week after that Kyon decided to stay in the parallel world Nagato has built and they will hold a Christmas party at their school (I'm still wondering how ryouko made it to have the authorization ...) in order to celebrate the survival of the club and the fact that Kyon joined.
LithreinApr 5, 2015 8:40 PM
Apr 4, 2015 1:20 PM

Dec 2014
Lithrein said:
The settings of the story (up to my understanding) seems to be one year after that Kyon decided to stay in the parallel world Nagato has built and they will hold a Christmas party at their school (I'm still wondering how ryouko made it to have the authorization ...) in order to celebrate the survival of the club and the fact that Kyon joined.

The setting is a normal world with no phenomenons, haruhi is just a stuck up girl with no universe altering powers.
Apr 4, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2008
arilando said:
Actar said:
humming of Hare Hare

When exactly did that happen?

When Asakura was cooking and cutting the daikon.
Apr 4, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Wow, subs are taking a looong time. Longer than most. Anyone know what's going on?
SmashTheOniApr 4, 2015 1:55 PM
Apr 4, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
katsu044 said:
will this be just a comedy or something more?.

Telling you that would be a spoiler. And me telling you this, in itself, is a spoiler.
Apr 4, 2015 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
So what is this?

Is this an alternate telling where Haruhi doesn't exist or isn't a bitch? Or is this one of those "troll stories" where Haruhi appears and screws everything up?

(There was a "We Hate Haruhi Because Her Voice Actress Isn't As Pure As We Thought She Would Be" Movement going on for a while. But I hated Haruhi because she was an overpowered bitch. So hey.)
Apr 4, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Tyrenol said:
So what is this?

Is this an alternate telling where Haruhi doesn't exist or isn't a bitch? Or is this one of those "troll stories" where Haruhi appears and screws everything up?

(There was a "We Hate Haruhi Because Her Voice Actress Isn't As Pure As We Thought She Would Be" Movement going on for a while. But I hated Haruhi because she was an overpowered bitch. So hey.)

If you've seen the movie, then you'll know what this is. It's a series based on the alternate world seen in the movie. Haruhi is here, she's just not "God" nor is she as important as she was in the main series. It's an anime adaptation of a manga under the same name done by Puyo, the artist for the Haruhi-chan series.
Apr 4, 2015 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
SmashTheOni said:
If you've seen the movie,

I didn't.

Well, hopefully Haruhi won't be a bitch (or atleast be defeatable). And Kyon won't be a freaking self-insert...

But you know. I nearly stopped watching anime because of crap like this.
Apr 4, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
What is this moe blob tsundere faggotery?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 4, 2015 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
Wasn't too big on the Haruhi series, not sure how this show is going to turn out for me.

Apr 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2014
I dont like Kyon's voice. BUT I LIKE YUKI'S VOICE. SO CUTEEEEE
The animation was not bad, Since i didnt watch the Haruhi series, I can get used to it
Apr 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Apr 2008
wish kyo-ani do this T^T but oh well its yuki xDD gonna ride this one :DD
Apr 4, 2015 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
bloodyedge03 said:
wish kyo-ani do this T^T

Whaaa right T^T
Apr 4, 2015 5:34 PM

Jun 2013

When two moe girls try to win your heart <3

I just have to get used to KyotoAni not producing this anime but I think I can manage if they keep up the cute stuff. It does seem a little different from the manga version (which takes forever to wait for) so I guess thats something to look forward too.

Conspiracy theory
Apr 4, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
I get the feeling the reason KyoAni didn't do this is the same reason they haven't done a season 3 yet. Oh well, i adjusted to the new art style very quickly so I'm good.
Apr 4, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
This was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

It was just pretty fun with Kyon being like that and seeing Nagato having all these emotions now, though still getting used to the character designs.

This was just pretty enjoyable to say at least.
Apr 4, 2015 6:09 PM

Sep 2013
It was...so cute!! Also loved the ending.
Apr 4, 2015 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
I still need time to adjust around Asakura.

She scares me, especially when her eyes go missing or when she emits her evil aura... and holding a freaking knife!!!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 4, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
Nice, a good mix amount of comedy and lighthearted scenes
and I miss Kyon's antiques more than I thought
Apr 4, 2015 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
DenjaX said:
I still need time to adjust around Asakura.

She scares me, especially when her eyes go missing or when she emits her evil aura... and holding a freaking knife!!!

My heart stopped when she suddenly went to grab Kyon's face. Reminded me of the original, lol.
Apr 4, 2015 6:27 PM
Apr 4, 2015 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
SmashTheOni said:
Tyrenol said:
So what is this?

If you've seen the movie, then you'll know what this is. It's a series based on the alternate world seen in the movie. Haruhi is here, she's just not "God" nor is she as important as she was in the main series. It's an anime adaptation of a manga under the same name done by Puyo, the artist for the Haruhi-chan series.

It's not a continuation diverted from Shoushitsu arc. This just borrows characters, and settings selectively from the original, then is made into a romcom.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 4, 2015 6:34 PM

Jul 2014
Fun little spin-off. It just works, mostly.
Apr 4, 2015 6:39 PM

Oct 2009
aerithclode said:
I dont like Kyon's voice. BUT I LIKE YUKI'S VOICE. SO CUTEEEEE
The animation was not bad, Since i didnt watch the Haruhi series, I can get used to it
Blasphemy, how can someone not like sugita's voice? :(
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

140 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.