Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
Decim's smile made this episode complete win (and the Last Theatre insert). it was also nice seeing the comparison where Chiyuki gets reincarnated but that next chip was in the void with her weird bear hairpiece.

More importantly...WHAT HAPPENED TO MEMINE! WHERE DID KITTY GO!????
Mar 27, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2015
Wow. That last episode was great. A true tear jerker!

And am I allowed to say that I'm SO HAPPY about the Chiyuki doll that sat on the chair next to Decim?

I'm too flashed right now. Maybe I write some more objective summary later ;D

Inugirlz said:

More importantly...WHAT HAPPENED TO MEMINE! WHERE DID KITTY GO!????

Good question! When Ginti sends Mayu and Harada into the Void, the cat jumps off his arm (episode 11) and was obivously never seen again (at least in the anime).
HelenusMar 27, 2015 1:26 PM
Mar 27, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Such a nice show Death Parade is...
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Mar 27, 2015 1:21 PM
Mar 2013
Chanaynay said:

Edit: F UCK

I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE HOOOOOOOOOOOOLY S HI T MY HEART
He's just like decim after all, except instead of dolls they're those things. what a big tsundere ; ^ ;
Mar 27, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
great episode and a beautiful anime! best ending this season
this helps me get over the tokyo ghoul A disappointment :)
Mar 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
5Wishes said:
Chanaynay said:

Edit: F UCK

He's just like decim after all, except instead of dolls they're those things. what a big tsundere ; ^ ;

HOLY SHIT
Mar 27, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2015
I'm glad to say that - unlike Tokyo Ghoul - this final episode did not disappoint me at all.
Mar 27, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
Satisfied ending. 9/10
Mar 27, 2015 1:29 PM
Mar 2014
Looks like something finally beat out Zankyou no Terror in the "worst final episode ever" category.
Mar 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
It was a very good show, I was gonna go with a 7/10 but Decim's smile was too much for me. I did enjoy this series, not my favorite out of this season, but still a fun ride.

8/10
Mar 27, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2010
Final episode was great, but they tried too hard to make it sound significant and meaningful.
4/5 to the last episode. 9/10 to the series.

Anime of the Season for me, almost perfect, episode 10 was a masterpiece.
Mar 27, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
VanishingKira said:
Still think Death Billiards was better than this tbch,6/10.

Honestly don't think this benefited with alot of episodes.

Same, pure disappointment from me too. Episode 1 was amazingly well done, better than Billiards then every else was crap. Predictable, tried too hard to be melancholic, and had a fairly weak overarching plot.

6/10 for me. Really disappointing as it had gone from a 9/10 to a 6/10.
Mar 27, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
This episode wrecked me multiple times. The scene at Chiyuki's house was incredibly emotional and intense--definitely a great job there. In addition, the final farewell between Chiyuki and Decim was perfect. I absolutely loved it.

I was just slightly disappointed by the somewhat inconclusive ending for the series as a whole. I felt like I was anticipating something much more significant, for some broader theme to emerge, and for there to be a bit more finality with the arbiters--Oculus and Nona in particular. It seemed like there were the beginnings of something there, but it just wasn't really extrapolated enough. I don't see it being very likely that there will be a second season. However, if there was, then with that in mind, the somewhat inconclusive ending for this season could work, assuming that it will be dealt with in the next season.

With this flaw in mind, I gave the series a 9/10. As a whole, it was my favorite anime of the season, and it was one of the most unique and creative ones that I've seen in some time. I will definitely be re-watching it in the future. Good job, Mad House!
Mar 27, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
Now THAT is how you're supposed to do a final episode (please take note Pierrot).

This was a great anime. I enjoyed everything about it: the animation, the story, the music... I'm giving it a 10/10. I was probably at a 9/10 before, but this final episode really did it for me (and I'm not ashamed to say that I cried a little when those lift doors closed at the end).
Mar 27, 2015 1:40 PM
Feb 2015
Amazing!
I cried my eyes out, no shame!
9/10!
Mar 27, 2015 1:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
A S2 would be a miracle but i'm okay with this.

It's been a while since a final episode brought me a lot of feels..

Easily 10/10 overall.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode, Decim crying & smiling was awesome. Glad he doesn't look emotionless anymore when greeting new 'customers'.
8/10 for the show

HelghastKillzone said:

<3
Mar 27, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
Every minute was perfect, really amazing show and this episode was the best one! 10/10 it deserved it^^

Mar 27, 2015 1:51 PM

Jul 2010
A great final episode! A little disappointed that Oculus did nothing but it was still interesting with his relationship with Nona.

Chiyuki's personal struggle when she sees her mother. Understanding how important and painful for the people left behind and being unable to press it herself. It really is amazing that as the urge to live again rises, the opposite force also does the same.

Seeing Decim showing so much human emotions as he cries for the first time. Decim being able to smile so naturally and with Chiyuki returning a tearful yet happy smile. The music at the moment!!! Decim keeping Chiyuki's doll right beside him.

Wanted to get to know Ginta and Nona more but I am really satisfied with this ending already. 9/10, a really nice anime about human emotions! I actually really like how it was almost always love vs (insert emotion here) which made it supreme.
FatefulLoveMar 27, 2015 1:55 PM
Mar 27, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
Soo this is the end... I'm gonna miss it :'(
Mar 27, 2015 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
Touching ending for my favorite show from this season. It was amazing to see Decim cry and smile for the first time. Good job Maeno Tomoaki also.
Cried like a little girl for almost the whole episode... Ugh, I have absolutely no complains. 9/10
Mar 27, 2015 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Decim is cute when he smiles. Perfect ending for the show, very touching.
Mar 27, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Mar 27, 2015 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this series. AOTS!!!

So many feels with Decim crying and Chiyuki leaving.

Season 2 pls

Overall 9/10
Mar 27, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2014
Well, that was touching.
Finale was almost perfect.
Still I'm missing something to the plot. Maybe it's the fact that they played two big cliffhangers (Mayu and Chiyuki) on episode 11.

S2? There's some potential only with Oculus-Nona feud. And I don't think will be enough.

Sure this looked nice.

4/5 for the episode.
9.5/10 for the anime. It has a great animation, magnifique atmosphere and a beautiful soundtrack, but the plot misses something to perfection.
"Purtroppo non si può tornare nel passato, devi fartene una ragione. Anche se è stato il periodo più bello della nostra vita.. il passato è passato." (Eikichi Onizuka
Mar 27, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
I thought the climax would be bigger but it was still an adorable ending.
Mar 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2015
A very beautiful and touching episode! I was so emotional when Onna started crying omg;;;

Although I didn't feel like the ending was reaally conclusive, it was still very well handled, like the whole series imo. Its not perfect, yeah, but it was still a very good ride.
Mar 27, 2015 2:30 PM
Dec 2014
Loved it! Before the final episode Death Parade was 9/10 for me, after the final it's the only anime I have rated 10/10.

I really thought Decim had become something more than an arbiter when his eyes turned normal, but I guess it was done to show how he understood human emotions.

Chiyuki is gone, but at least she got another chance to live. Not sure if her doll just sitting there is kinda sweet or creepy. Why not both?

I can't decide whether I want second season or not. Death Parade was a perfect story about Decim and Chiyuki and I'm not sure that I want another season/story, which could possibly not live up to my expectations.
Mar 27, 2015 2:33 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I wish it didn't have to end.

9/10 for this anime. It was amazing and I wish Chiyuki didn't have to go.
Mar 27, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm well think the ending was just so-so... it just felt weird... now he has human emotions so what? oO

Anyway quite liked the show overall :D
Mar 27, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
;-; where is the secret 11/10 button. pls
Mar 27, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
When Decim started to have his orgasming epiphany, I was laughing, it was hilarious, my room was flooded with laughing gas.

Hmm this show had some good episodes, but all in all it was just a good average show, so 6/10

Mar 2015
Well, honestly speaking, I think the chances for a second season are quite low. It seems while DP is quite popular in the rest of the world, in Japan they don't hype it that much.

And what should a second season be about?

Well, I could think of a second season called 'Death Parade: Reborn' or 'Death Parade: Second Chance'. The cast stays the same but the story is set 30 years after 'Death Parade': Decim meets the reincarnated soul of Chiyuki again. Will he loose her again this time?

Or something like this ;D Maybe a fujoshi producer buys the rights of the anime and decides that Chiyuki should return in a male body this time. Hello, New Shounen-Ai show!

Not that this'll ever happen, ya know :D

Jan 2013
Quite a touching story writing in this last episode. This actually made me think how bland this show would be without Chiyuki. Still so many things left hanged, such as the flower guy's inentions.

I'll rate this 8.
Mar 27, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
This episode's beautiful--everything has come around at this point. All of these emotions were building up, knowing the ending was nigh.

I knew she wasn't going to press it (especially since I knew there was a catch, reminds me of Ginti's judgement for Mayu so much), but her begging Decim to press it... oh God... he finally broke down and it just hurt. But then Chiyuki got in the elevator, and after a giggle over Decim's odd smile (like oh my gosh, that's such a great shot), when the doors were closing and he finally gave a wonderful smile to share with her, I cried. And then a couple of minutes later the OP played right as we see he salvaged her mannequin, dressed it up as her, and sat her in place. And it feels so good to cry.

Yuzuru Tachikawa, Madhouse, I thank you so much for this beautiful series. I love everything about it, and I'm going to miss my first experience with it dearly. I definitely am looking forward to when FUNimation releases this on DVD, it deserves its rightful place in my collection.

silverwalls said:
5Wishes said:

HOLY SHIT

brb bawling
Mar 27, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
I cried, Laughed and I simply loved it.

That's right, My best for this season. :))
Mar 27, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
Best show of the season imo, but there are things that could have been done better.
Was interesting though, every episode had something to it.

7/10

edit: ED was neat
samesddayMar 27, 2015 3:04 PM
Mar 27, 2015 3:02 PM
Sep 2013
Nice ending, I hope they would make a season 2 expanding more into the world of arbiters instead of just focusing on the judgements like they did this season. We got to learn a bit more this ep but I do want to know more about Nona...or why Ginti did what he did....I just feel like there are unanswered questions.

Aww..decim crying :')

rate= 8.5 or 9/10???
Mar 27, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
I had such high expectations for this episode... While it did deliver on the emotions (Yep, I cried), I really wish Chiyuki had gotten a different ending.... I was really hoping that something would happen that would mean she could stay in Quindecim.... I suppose that was probably too much to hope for though...
Mar 27, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2012
I was fortunate enough to have watched the ova before this series was announced. It did not even come close to disappointing me. 10/10 start to finish.

They left it in a way that will probably get a second season if it gets enough sales.
so heres hoping. Would ;-; every time I see Onna's doll.

Warblegarggarblewargharble
edit:image
ShepardSR2Mar 27, 2015 3:27 PM
Mar 27, 2015 3:10 PM

Jun 2012
Sarcastasaurus said:
I had such high expectations for this episode... While it did deliver on the emotions (Yep, I cried), I really wish Chiyuki had gotten a different ending.... I was really hoping that something would happen that would mean she could stay in Quindecim.... I suppose that was probably too much to hope for though...

Same, but they did say many times throughout the series that a human couldn't stay.
Not sure if they would do this....

but he could "(impossible odds)" see her again the next time around.
Mar 27, 2015 3:10 PM

Mar 2015
Decim's still have memories of Chiyuki right, since they spent time together outside the judgement?
Asking since one time Decim mentioned that he didn't actually remember the story of the mannequins ('cuz temporary storage).

I guess same question goes to Ginti.
Mar 27, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 2013
For all of its flaws I greatly enjoyed Death Parade. I shed a few tears during the first half and wish that there was more but given the episodic nature of the show and of arbiter's lives in general this was a wonderful ending.

Mar 27, 2015 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
that was overall a great show!!!

although in this ep from the 6th min and onwards you could pretty much see where it was going, I mean, Decim had said over and over that with this "magic stick" he would test the dead and pass judgement. How could she forget it when she opposed it so strongly?

anyways!! great opening and ending too!!!! as someone else stated above it stirred quite the feelings. Awesome animation too.
KoSparrowsMar 27, 2015 4:19 PM
Mar 27, 2015 3:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It was a very awesome touch to see Ginti with his Mayu doll. That was wonderful.
Mar 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Wavering on above average to good series... so 6-7/10

I really liked the focus on human empathy and compassion, but so many questions left open, which really left me hanging.
Mar 27, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2014
Decim's smile killed me
Mar 27, 2015 3:18 PM

Mar 2015
Giving it 7/10, it's good but nothing too special. As someone said before the writing was the biggest issue...Also I think it's a really bad decision not explaining why Nona has feelings since it's pretty much a key to the plot, after all her feelings led her to giving Decim feelings. Also no one ever bothered explaining what the Oculus guy does right? Like, he's close to God, alright, what more?

I keep my opinion that this show would've been a lot better if Madhouse didn't waste that many episodes with just Decim judging random people. I can think of better ways to show his character development. I disliked this finale.
Mar 27, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
6/10
Will miss the opening.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Mar 27, 2015 3:27 PM

Apr 2007
Decim's smile is just as beautiful as Chiyuki's. Decent ending, but
LucasRTS said:
I'm kinda disappointed about Death Parade. The designs are great with very good art, good premise and ideas and a fairly high budget, but it was poorly written and I was kinda overhyping it once it aired.

The episodic characters have a well thought out and a effective and cool back story with details that makes them interesting, but the main ones are 1 dimensional.
I agree with this. It was hard to care about the main character's story at times, especially Ginti's side, with how little there was to the characters themselves, again: especially Ginti. Not to mention they couldn't properly shift the focus between the different sides to the story without tossing all except one to the side for a long period of time where I at least lost interest. The stuff with Nona was probably the most consistent, with Chiyuki's stuff handled decently towards the end.

Oh welp it was still fun at some parts.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.