Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 10:32 AM
May 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
7/10 and not a point higher. I get the feeling if they had properly explained everything or had left the back/side story out entirely, then the show would have been so much more.

I gave the anime a 10 because I love it for what it is, but you're definitely right. The anime should've had way more episodes to explore the different things such as memories being pieced together as abstract art, who made the rules, maybe have some explanation on where this whole plot is happening (in a tower somewhere, made by who?)

Making a psychological anime is never easy, every human being has their own subjective meaning, so that's why it's hard to staple an anime. It's kind of funny how we as human beings judge the anime, whose role is to explore and judge human beings xD I still however, thoroughly enjoyed this anime. They tried, and although it wasn't perfect, it really set its marks on me.

Nanashi- said:
oh man don't do that to me in the final episode. even though it was the "happy end" it was still sad as fuck :(

Although Chiyuki was sent to reincarnation, I loved that Decim made a doll out of her, sitting behind the bar. That made the "farewell-I-wont-remember-anything" moment much better. She won't remember anything but I'm sure they will. I wonder why Decim could continue as an arbiter "flawed" with emotions though, considering rule 3
MarkusEAMar 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Mar 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
LucasRTS said:
I'll just reiterate what I said before:

I'm kinda disappointed about Death Parade. The designs are great with very good art, good premise and ideas and a fairly high budget, but it was poorly written and I was kinda overhyping it once it aired.

The episodic characters have a well thought out and a effective and cool back story with details that makes them interesting, but the main ones are 1 dimensional. I will mention the poor writing again; the main characters that are supposed to be or at least try to be emotionless, show a good amount of emotion every time, while the principal character of the anime that is supposed to HAVE emotions is complete emotionless.

The art and the sound (especially the awesome opening) are very good overall, same with the backgrounds, the character faces are very well done (best of this season so far). Great effects, color and lightining, good voices (better than your average ones)

Veredict: 5.75/10 (again I will say: Poorly written)
I recommend the movie Death Billiards instead
It's almost a decent show but very overrated here, in absolutely no way this deserves more than a 7
One of the Madhouse weaker works

I think there is a reason for this mess in the emotions. I also found that the arbiters did show emotions but at the end Noona did say that arbiters are not mere puppets as they were said to be... But if you think about it their being puppets we can say that puppets do have a predetermined personality and do seem to have emotions even though they don´t and we might see them "getting angry" things like that but I think that it's part of the "puppet show". That or... not having emotions doesn't necessarily mean they don't have any, it just means that they are very faint and that what they mostly don't have is sympathy or empathy. By seeing them have some traces of emotions though we can agree with what Noona says.
Decim seemed emotionless so that the ending would have a bigger impact.
Mar 28, 2015 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
"When humans are happy, they smile, and when they are sad, they shed tears. Miss Chiyuki, which emotion are you feeling right now?"

"I truly am glad to have met you, Miss Chiyuki."

Mar 28, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
"Fucking awesome ending 69/10" - Darth Vader

I hope they don't make a season two. Not needed at all. I love bitter-sweet endings, adds a sense of reality and weight to the series/situation. Good stuff indeed.
Mar 28, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
It was nice :) And a lot of tears were shed. Kewl.
Mar 28, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
What and overly dramatic mess , the series pretty much turned out to be what I expected it to be , completely pointless
Mar 28, 2015 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
I only want a season 2 for one reason and one reason alone: What is Nona up to?

Other than that, dem feels for this series. I even loved how they threw all the previous guests when Chiyuki was making her decision.

Subjectively - 11/10
Objectively - 9/10
Mar 28, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
too powerful for words. I cried, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one. Any comment I could make about this episode would drag down the weight and beauty of it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 28, 2015 11:28 AM

Nov 2013
Wooooow, the last episode is phenomenal! Everything from top animation to emotions to perfect conclusion. I was worried about how they would wrap it up but they did a good job.

Most likely no season 2 for this kind of show, but they can still expand the story if they so desire.

Great, great show.
Mar 28, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
Man, now that was a really good ending. Granted, we didn't really get an answer on Decim possibly changing the whole arbiter system, though it seems like the old rules are still in effect, unfortunately.

I loved what Decim did for Chiyuki, he didn't actually bring her pain as much as allowing her to see her mother again, even if it was just an illusion. Not only that, Decim himself felt sorrow and was actually a human for a little while. Onna definitely deserved to go and be reincarnated, I'm glad Decim made the right choice with a genuine smile on his face. Looks like she still aids him in all his judgments.

Overall, this anime was really enjoyable and good. I really can't rate a 12-episode anime with higher than a 9, and as I've said, I was disappointed that the grand scheme of things was never really expanded upon, but excluding that it's a very solid anime.

Shigatsu should take ques, this ending was a lot more emotional, imo.

Final episode: 5/5

Overall anime score: 8.5/10

I'm glad Death Parade broke the Top 100.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 28, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2014
Great anime. 9/10
The ending was quite satisfying. The Doll at the end doe :D
I was dying when Decim was trying to smile xD
Mar 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
This was a great run! Good job MAD house.

Mar 28, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2012
Oh dem feels...
I like the fact that the whole system didn't transform itself completely "just" because one arbiter started to feel. The little scale of the change fits the story in my opinion.

That was a very nice show, I'll definitely miss it.
Mar 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
What a touching ending. The feels!!! Decim smiling! Ughh this anime, I loved ittt.
Mar 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2015
I honestly liked this episode, and the series in general, a lot.

Looking back, I think that what madhouse intended with this series was to put into question how effectively can you judge something- I'd go as far as to say that this was a critique to the typical "you will be judged by a god or whatever once you die".

They presented two types of judgement- the objective one where they contrasted the "darkness" or sins of a person with some of their memories, without any type of consideration versus the subjective one where Chiyuki put herself inside the shoes of those being judged, trying to see both the bad AND the good of them before making a judgement. And Madhouse showed how both could be flawed, with Decim and the married couple; and Ginti and the schoolgirl and idol. Decim detached himself from the judged and only acted based on what he saw directly without any analysis, thus sending the wrong person to reincarnation, and Ginti attached himself to the girl, almost believing she was worthy of reincarnation when in fact she wasn't. It's up to you to decide which one isn't right.

And the critique is of course the whole Oculus/Nona deal, where Oculus represents the traditional way of judging and Nona is the one that tries to challenge it by giving emotions to some of the arbitrers. Their dialogue in this last episode hinted at that. Nona was the one that doubted the method in the first place, by judging how effectively can you determine the worth a living person if you never lived, or died, yourself, and only using the 'darkness' inside a person to come to a verdict.

Honestly, I feel that's selfish and completely inaccurate, because as Chiyuki hinted at some point (forgive my awful memory!), EVERYONE will snap and show their dark side if pressed enough- that's what makes us humans, and that shouldn't constitute all the basis for a judgement. I think Nona let Chiyuki assist Decim with the judgements to try a second way of judging, and to see whether her beliefs were right. In Oculus' eyes, this was of course a failure, because it nearly broke Decim, and delayed a lot of judgements; thus the fourth rule he implemented.

I like to think Nona believes she was right at the end, even if she still abides by Oculus' rules. Maybe that was to show that no form of judgement, objective or subjective, will produce the best results, and it will be flawed no matter how much you try to fix it. It may be a little anticlimatic or redundant, but hey. That's life for ya. Not everything makes sense once you reach the end.

So yeah. I know some people say Chiyuki was unnecessary, but I honestly think it's thanks to her that made Madhouse's message SO great! Was it the best way to convey it? Maybe, maybe not. It's up to the public to think whatever they want of that, but nevertheless I give the message/plot a 5/5.

That is not to say the series is perfect. It had many flaws, of course.

Like many, I felt a bit detached with the main characters because they weren't as fleshed out as the judged. I know no series, no matter how long, will fully flesh out ALL characters, and honestly it would be a bit tiring if that happened. I just wish Decim and Ginti were a bit more fleshed out- the others were honestly fine.

Also, I felt like they added unnecessary plot points, like the Chavvot one. All this time I thought it would be of significance but honestly it was a pretty annoying red herring. The same with the 'oo too many ppl are dying halp' scene. Completely unnecessary. Also, I see they do portraits with people's memories, but what the heck do they do with them?? That is the only thing I would like explained because it didn't make much sense to make a portrait, since the memories are transferred to the arbitrers pretty much 'wirelessly'. Dialogue/planning: 3/5

The art was great, but it honestly had the same style as 99% of the anime nowadays. The color scheme was average, too, and so was most of the voice acting. Animation was great, though, so I give it 4/5.

And I REALLY hope they don't plan on making a sequel. They explained everything that needed explaining, and left enough questions for us to ponder about. I don't need to know why the system is like it is, who the heck is Oculus, why they use dummies or any other thing. A sequel would just feel...I don't know, off. Maybe if they just stuck to the judgements and avoided shoehorning any more unnecessary details, it would work for a /few/ more episodes. but that's it. /end rant

Overall I give the series a 7/10. (edit: i can't count) On to watch Death Billiard!
morgennsternnMar 28, 2015 2:09 PM
Mar 28, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2014
A lot of touching moments here and there.
It has been a nice ride 7/10
RooringaaruApr 25, 2019 11:10 AM

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Mar 28, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
well that was touching i liked the end it's good
Mar 28, 2015 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Good ending to a good series. That's it, though. While I enjoyed almost every episode, I never felt this was amazing. I found the characters quite dull as well, which didn't help making me feel engaged.

Still, that episode 9 was definitely the highlight of the series.

7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 28, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2013
Going into the episode I was hoping for a conclusive ending, but looking back on it, I'm glad it was open-ended. The conflict set up (changing the system of judgment) was too large-scale to possibly wrap up in one episode.

Seeing Chiyuki and her mother break down was the definitely most emotionally impacting moment of the episode.
All in all, beautiful finale to a great series.

Props to madhouse for saving winter 2015
Mar 28, 2015 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
Horrible and good at the same time :( :)
I won't miss it that's for sure.

8/10 because of MADHOUSE XD
Mar 28, 2015 2:43 PM
Oct 2013
WAD1992 said:
kania_tan said:

^

^^^^^^

Make it 10/10, despite the fact i would like to see what happens next with the arbiters and all.. I'M *FUCKING* LOVIN' IT!
Mar 28, 2015 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
4/5 for this episode, 7/10 for show overall. Some episodes were boring and melodramatic, but others were pretty good. Generally, too much crying and screaming.

Decim is too cute though.

L-Ryoshi said:
Was there an actual message to be derived from this show? I don't think so.

I don't think there was meant to be a message. It was simply meant to make viewers question the idea of judgment and of deciding whether someone's life was good or not. The idea was to raise questions and make people think, not give them an answer—and anyway, giving an answer would be ultimately flawed. Some would agree and some would not and that would be the end of it. I like the ambiguity better.

L-Ryoshi said:
Then what was the purpose of the show? And why is the entire premises so contrived? We have a system of some sort of doll-house tower that was created by some higher power to judge human souls and to either send them back as reincarnated beings, or to throw them into the pits of the void/hell. Who was the one responsible for making this tower? -snip-

What would answering all these questions accomplish? "Who was the one responsible?" Does it change anything?

L-Ryoshi said:
Then.... considering the fact that Nona, Occulus and all the people working at the building are all dolls with no concept of emotion, what made Nona so special that she would develop an unhealthy obsession of emotions, enough to go against her own design and implant emotions into the likes of Decim and Ginti? To be perfectly honest, the entire premises made no sense at all.

Just because she has no emotions doesn't mean she has no personality. Nona is just curious and eager to explore possibilities. Also, you're wrong: Ginti has no emotions.
Mar 28, 2015 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Good ending. Kinda open-ended though. Story of Chiyaki was concluded well although her afterlife regret was probably the weakest one and the impact wasn't as good as it could be. But I liked her character. Dilemma about pressing button was great. But I have to say that I would do without Decim crying.

Well, they took the easy way out. Nothing really changed in the end. Even that, I kinda enjoyed this series.

7/10

It was kinda nice that Decim took her soulless doll and put it inside of his bar :)
Mar 28, 2015 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
Overall theme I got was - live life with a purpose.

Not every show has to explain everything in black and white - maybe thinking is too much for the edgy action packed viewers there.

Also yes that scene in the house was epic and well played out.
Mar 28, 2015 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
Very nice, I want a 2nd season! 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
Just Beautiful, all those strong and intense feelings along the road is what made me "live a full life"!

10/10
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Mar 28, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2012
DrCoppelius said:
Also, you're wrong: Ginti has no emotions.

Sorry to butt in, but I really want to know how his clear anger and frustrations are not emotions? I know she didn't plant them into him, but Ginti clearly has emotions. They all seem to have emotions.
Jaywalker.
Mar 28, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2012
Meh boring ending. The anime would have been a lot better if it has two people playing a game in every episodes.

Who cares if Decim have emotion or smile. I'm not interested in this shit.
Mar 28, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2010
It was pretty obvious that Chiyuki was being judged, but it was still nicely set up. My only problem is that we have already covered the suicide kind of death before and this episode didn't really add anything that wasn't established back then. It would have had more impact if we didn't have a suicide earlier, it just lost a lot of emotional and storytelling weight this way.

Second season where? Seriously, the studio just went ahead and pressed the pause button on the plot. I want to know what comes of Nona's meddling, you don't just set up a plot that is portrayed as very important and just forget about it. An entertaining and good show that is dragged down by some very stupid mistakes (mostly in the narrative) 7/10.
Mar 28, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Finale was a cut above the rest, really liked the theme of the whole show but the execution for moments when a game wasn't happening wasn't great though.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2015 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Epicenter said:
DrCoppelius said:

Sorry to butt in, but I really want to know how his clear anger and frustrations are not emotions? I know she didn't plant them into him, but Ginti clearly has emotions. They all seem to have emotions.

That's a fair point and I don't really have an answer for it. I just meant that within the show, Ginti is not considered to have emotions by anyone else. I guess it's a flaw.
Mar 28, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2011
Death Billiards was better? do you even get the message of this anime?? or from Death Billiards????
Anyways this show was great, good ost, AWESOME animation, same with plot, this show doesnt deserve less than 8
8-10 now depends on ppls taste, if u gave less than 8 you are a heartless idiot that can even understand a simple thing,
Life.
Mar 28, 2015 5:36 PM
Dec 2014
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY said:
Death Billiards was better? do you even get the message of this anime?? or from Death Billiards????
Anyways this show was great, good ost, AWESOME animation, same with plot, this show doesnt deserve less than 8
8-10 now depends on ppls taste, if u gave less than 8 you are a heartless idiot that can even understand a simple thing,
Life.

this
Mar 28, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY said:
Life.

Exactly, the message this anime transmits especially to Japan (the country with the most suicide rate I believe) but also to the rest of the world is amazingly well done. The anime shows us a reason to live and enjoy our lifes completely.
I cried A LOT thinking on that. ;(
Mar 28, 2015 8:04 PM
Sep 2014
The ending was beautiful and sad at the same time. I just hope that we will get a season 2.
Mar 28, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2014
Very enjoyable anime, 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 8:32 PM
Jun 2009
I'm really disappointed with this one.

First Chiyuki is way dumber than I thought, when she remembered previous bits from the other judgments I thought she understood that Decim was only testing her, but not at all... That was so easy to see, especially once he handed out the remote control... which he always used to "bring out the darkness of people".

Then nothing apart from Chiyuki gets a conclusion, and we all knew that she would go to reincarnation...
The show was cool, but this is disappointing.
Mar 28, 2015 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
This show did a great job of making me sympathize/empathize with the various characters (Mainly Chiyuki and the various visitors to Quindecim, as well as Decim himself to an extent), which ties into Chiyuki and Decim's character development nicely. The animation and OST were excellent at channeling emotion, especially in the last few episodes. However, they really didn't wrap up any loose ends in the plot regarding the arbiters and the entire system of judgement, and introduced new ideas way too late to really go anywhere with them. (Scenes with Oculus and Nona, Ginti, etc.) I really wish they'd just left the arbiter system as a huge mystery and focused on the strengths of the narrative, since they clearly didn't devote enough time to developing these ideas properly. 7/10 I guess?
SleepyBearMar 28, 2015 8:41 PM
Mar 28, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
Great anime but qlimax was truly disappointment.

So we know that there is no objective way of jugding and a viewer was expiriencing this by watching this anime (or at least me), the rules tried to create arbiter as court of "absolute objective judgment", however I don't really understand how the 4th rule that was added want to make arbiters be the thing they want to, human being cannot understand that so creator of Death Parade should get rid of overall judgment part and send every soul for reincarnation or void.
Mar 28, 2015 9:04 PM
Jun 2009
Epicenter said:
DrCoppelius said:

They all have emotions.
Ginti has shown anger, the elevator guy is often smiling, Quinn as well.
Nona has shown fear.
Even Occulus has more than just a poker face.
Until the last episode, I'd say the one that showed the least amount of emotions would actually be Decim.
The whole non-emotion thing is nonsense...
geearfMar 28, 2015 9:11 PM
Mar 28, 2015 9:18 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah, I don't quite understand that to be honest.

Why make such an obvious mistake ? Like, they keep repeating that Arbiters don't have emotions almost every episode, yet we can clearly see that most of them have some ...

I don't really see how they could let this one slip through the net, i'm pretty sure this was somehow intended, even though they didn't give us any explanation about that ...

Still a very enjoyable anime though.
MuoMar 28, 2015 9:23 PM
Mar 28, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty meh.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Mar 28, 2015 9:24 PM
Jun 2009
Muo said:
Yeah, I don't quite understand that to be honest.

Why make such an obvious mistake ? Like, they keep repeating that Arbiters don't have emotions almost every episode, yet we can clearly see that most of them have some ...

I don't really see how they could let this one slip through the net, i'm pretty sure this was somehow intended, even though they didn't give us any explanation about that ...

Still a very enjoyable anime though.

Agreed!
Mar 28, 2015 9:37 PM

Jul 2008
Could have been an absolutely greats show if it just focused on the episodic characters rather than trying to push the shallow main characters as the center point. Overall pretty disappointing, because it had some great moments, but it wasted it's potential.

Last episode was terribly predictable, over the top and ugh so forced. But the last parts of it were okay.

A real shame that they couldn't just stick to the format that worked really well instead of trying to be so deep and dramatic with the main characters and failing hard at it.
Mar 28, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2013
DrCoppelius said:
4/5 for this episode, 7/10 for show overall. Some episodes were boring and melodramatic, but others were pretty good. Generally, too much crying and screaming.

Decim is too cute though.

L-Ryoshi said:
Was there an actual message to be derived from this show? I don't think so.

I don't think there was meant to be a message. It was simply meant to make viewers question the idea of judgment and of deciding whether someone's life was good or not. The idea was to raise questions and make people think, not give them an answer—and anyway, giving an answer would be ultimately flawed. Some would agree and some would not and that would be the end of it. I like the ambiguity better.

L-Ryoshi said:
Then what was the purpose of the show? And why is the entire premises so contrived? We have a system of some sort of doll-house tower that was created by some higher power to judge human souls and to either send them back as reincarnated beings, or to throw them into the pits of the void/hell. Who was the one responsible for making this tower? -snip-

What would answering all these questions accomplish? "Who was the one responsible?" Does it change anything?

L-Ryoshi said:
Then.... considering the fact that Nona, Occulus and all the people working at the building are all dolls with no concept of emotion, what made Nona so special that she would develop an unhealthy obsession of emotions, enough to go against her own design and implant emotions into the likes of Decim and Ginti? To be perfectly honest, the entire premises made no sense at all.

Just because she has no emotions doesn't mean she has no personality. Nona is just curious and eager to explore possibilities. Also, you're wrong: Ginti has no emotions.

Point 1.) There is no logic that says that presenting a message amounts to giving a distinct answer to a presented question. A message that makes you think is also a message in itself. Considering the context of this show, the whole situation does not fit with anything in a real life scenario, and thus is deemed as contrived. Unless you are talking about an argument about humans judging other humans as they do in a real life trial, then I find nothing that even needs thinking. Why? Because this ridiculous situation of being judged by dolls doesn't even happen to us in real life, so why would this "thinking point" even matter to viewers?

Ambiguity is all and well if used properly, right now it's being ambiguous about a situation that wouldn't even happen in the real world. We are talking about souls being taken to be judged by emotionless, inhuman dolls by some higher power. The whole situation in itself doesn't make sense.

It's not like our souls are actually sent to a real tower when we die to be judged in real life, now are they? To deny or agree would just open a theological can of worms.

Point 2.) Answering those questions would have made the show more enjoyable, because they threw in such a load of bullshit background information only to not even use it properly in the story.
Also, the whole purpose of this story was to tell viewers that the judgement system by emotionless dolls in the Death Parade world was flawed. To then NOT show what those flaws seem to be and to also NOT explain why those arbiters/dolls who work in the tower were created and why said dolls were elected to make choices over the reincarnation of a soul, and why said dolls should not carry emotions but then subsequently have the ability to develop and carry emotions, just makes this entire show contrived and pointless.

Consider this: If Arbiters and people working in the tower were emotionless dolls to begin with, then the person who set the emotionless arbiter rule should be able to tweak everyone who works at the tower to contain the characteristics that don't support, will not become curious about, and will not openly try to gain, emotions. They are all dolls. They should be programmed to have what you make them have. Granting them an unhealthy obsession for something that (a) they shouldn't have and (b) interferes with their line of work, just makes the entire story fold in on itself. Like, what sort of god would be stupid enough to set such a system up? Does that not mean that the Higher Powers in the Death Parade world are also flawed?

If you tease about some sort of system that is entirely central to the story and then not go on to explain (a) the system itself, (b) what exactly is the problem with the system, and (c) exactly why is it a bad thing, is all just piss poor writing and takes away from the purpose of making this show in the first place. The question would then be "If you don't answer questions about the most central idea in your world building (and no, I'm not talking about whether or not judgement should be made by dolls, I'm talking about who created the tower and why we are judged by emotionless, inhuman dolls and why is it such a bad thing), then why bother giving us all the mixed up background information at all?".

That's exactly why I said that they should either go all the way with building and explaining their world, or take that information out entirely.

Point 3.) Epicenter and geearf pretty much explained how your point is moot.
L-RyoshiMar 28, 2015 9:50 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2015 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
This series definitely did not meet my expectations. But it had a decent ending which some shows seem to be lacking now a days
Mar 28, 2015 10:38 PM

Sep 2014
Chiyuki's as sweet as ever, and Decim, still awesome :)
Great series, I honestly enjoyed each and every episode.

I was surprised that the last scene of the OP was in fact actually Chiyuki, hodling the Chavvot dolls, what a nice final touch.

I hope they throw in a fun OVA later on.
Mar 29, 2015 12:36 AM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed "Death Parade" in the beginning, but the ending was really flat. Things began to unravel too late in the series to clarify reasoning.

Overall, I give a rating of 7/10 excluding the ending. I enjoyed the background and situations of the deceased and their emotions which led to their judgement. Some were epic.
Mar 29, 2015 1:16 AM

Jan 2015
I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried like a baby during this episode. I'm also glad that there seem to be others out there who "get" it. This series was fantastic, compelling, and very touching. I'd love to see a season 2. It would be interesting to see how Decim continues to evolve.
Mar 29, 2015 3:51 AM

Sep 2013
liked it more than i thought i would. still feels like something was missing and a lot of questions were left unanswered.

7/10
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.