Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2013
Let's talk about something positive here.

Who else loved the ending cards in this episode? Omg for me that was the greatest thing ever for someone who actually enjoyed watching the endings in an anime for once.

Putting all the past endings together with kaneki... just magnificent :0 can't get enough of it.
Mar 27, 2015 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
this series is really going nowhere just like the manga.
Mar 27, 2015 7:09 PM

Jul 2014
Lotte260 said:
Why did they show Kaneki's hair turning black? The scene after, it was still white. They also kept showing black hair flowing in the air... Can anyone explain?

Symbolization, meaning he somehow gained his old self again.
Mar 27, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
I don't have too much to say about this final... These series might gonna have a third season, that's what I'm thinking because the manga still is publishing and this last episode didn't explained us what really happened with Yoshimura-san and his daughter, the rest of all Ghouls witch got survived and that mysterious ending of Kaneki, if he stills alive or if he was killed for the CCG... :(
In sequel of the first season, it was an extraordinarily story! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2015 7:35 PM
Aug 2014
Second season was way better than season one imho. I didn't have to get irritated with all the whining and crying this season. It did feel rushed though, got some random characters popping in w/o background stories.

Overall 8 +1 /10, +1 for the improvement over season 1's emotional train wreck.
Mar 27, 2015 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
This begs another season, once again...

Mar 27, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
So Hide was the one Kaneki was holding :(
Good that they put unravel back in
Mar 27, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
I prefer this season than the first ( i dont read the manga yet)

Mar 27, 2015 8:58 PM
Mar 2015
A bit disappointing? Hide's part was poignant, effective-but nothing was really solved, especially for the manga readers looking for the fight with Arima, Uta's role, Kanou's entire plotline...etc.
Mar 27, 2015 9:58 PM

Sep 2009
Out of hate i would give this episode a 0/10
so much plot holes, what was the point in watching this?
Mar 27, 2015 10:02 PM

Dec 2013
Otase said:
Out of hate i would give this episode a 0/10
so much plot holes, what was the point in watching this?

"we want you to read the manga"
Mar 27, 2015 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
hellogarry said:
this series is really going nowhere just like the manga.

uwotm8?

Mar 27, 2015 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
Please..

Please stop adapting this Studio Pierrot

..please
Mar 28, 2015 12:28 AM

Jun 2013
Wow…
Well it was not like I had much hope for this season anyway even after hearing that Kaneki would be joining Aogiri, so it’s not like I am too disappointed.. I think each episode individually were decent and some of them very good (only 2 of them actually), but after combining the whole thing that’s when you get this shit.

Without comparing it to its manga I still did not enjoying watching most of this anime, the characters’ action made no sense and there were so much crap they could cut down on instead of introducing it and then have it go nowhere, like what was the point of Touka running for 3 episode? Just so Ayato could help her out and so the audience could know he is not all that bad? why were the twins interested in Kaneki? What was the point of Shachi? So Kaneki could fight him? Look action! The list goes on, but mostly importantly why join Aogiri? What was the point?

…so reminiscent of Glasslip which is not a good thing. No surprise I ended up giving it the same rating as that anime. I feel like if it weren't for the manga I would not be able to connect some of the points. I would be lying if I said there were moments I did not enjoy, it had its ups and downs mostly downs.

But the only thing I will remember about this anime is its silent protagonist, inconsistent animation and story, and an OST far too good for it.
3/10.
BeppyicxMar 28, 2015 12:38 AM
Mar 28, 2015 12:56 AM

Apr 2014
skudoops said:
Is this supposed to be the ending in the manga to? Or a better question, where does this occur in the manga? Obviously spoiler your reply.

Mar 28, 2015 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
So that was the end... Kaneki didn't wanted to live anymore, I got this much.
instead of visiting a medic Hide makes bad coffee and talks to his Ghoul buddy while bleeding like a pig.

What I disliked the most this season was how Kaneki was portrayed, he's not so depressed and apathic in the manga all the time after the Jason incident. I liked that TG always had this ambitious exterior, but I'm not satisfied like it was presented in the end, if there will be no further season it's a highly dissapointing end.

Yet I appreciate the ways its different from many other animes that try to be philosphic and deep.
FabienneMar 28, 2015 7:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2015 3:46 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
skudoops said:
Is this supposed to be the ending in the manga to? Or a better question, where does this occur in the manga? Obviously spoiler your reply.

Uh Z4k, the full episode was anime original except the Touka scene. I don't consider Arima and Kaneki's offscreen standoff the same thing done in the manga too. It felt so weird.
Mar 28, 2015 5:19 AM
Jan 2014
This was a pretty disappointing season finale. Does this mean a season 3? I assume it's the case.
Mar 28, 2015 6:23 AM
Nov 2013
Nice ending but, they didn't explain a lot of stuff!
There were so many holes in the story, no character development, awful censorship...
Looks like I have to read the manga now...
Mar 28, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
I would like to start by saying that I absolutely loved this show, and plan on reading the manga because of it. God damn was that season a mess of unresolved plot points, rushed plot development, and underdeveloped characters.

I wish the show would have spent less time trying to make me give a shit about the CCG and more time actually fucking following the main character and explaining what the hell he was doing. Luckily it looks like the show is going to have a 3rd season judging by the ending, but that was really weak as a stand alone season in my opinion, it felt like the first half of a 24 episode season.
Mar 28, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2014
Zarny said:
I would like to start by saying that I absolutely loved this show, and plan on reading the manga because of it. God damn was that season a mess of unresolved plot points, rushed plot development, and underdeveloped characters.

I wish the show would have spent less time trying to make me give a shit about the CCG and more time actually fucking following the main character and explaining what the hell he was doing. Luckily it looks like the show is going to have a 3rd season judging by the ending, but that was really weak as a stand alone season in my opinion, it felt like the first half of a 24 episode season.
You say you loved this show and yet you still bash the hell out of it? I'm confused
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2015 9:56 AM

Dec 2010
Saying this ending is anticlimatic would be going easy. I will just wait for a confirmation on S2.
Mar 28, 2015 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
I like TG, I really do, especially the manga sequel, but this adaptation is just so damn bad. The biggest point of adapting manga is the animation; and the animation that this anime had is beyond bad. The alternative story was created due to it being 12 eps a season, which I don't mind although a lot of chapters were left out; also the soundtrack is amazing for sure. But no, this is a bad adaptation to a very good franchise which deserves higher quality anime.

Please don't let the same studio animate :RE. The manga readers aren't satisfied and the non-manga readers aren't satisfied. Just go do something else, directing anime is clearly not for you, Studio Pierrot.

This episode had no mention of the clowns (biggest plot twist in the franchise) and no Arima vs. Kaneki stand-off even...
Mar 28, 2015 12:46 PM

Aug 2011
I cried buckets at Hide dying, calmed down and then thought about it for a bit. And then I just got angry. WTF Pierrot took a promising story, stabbed it dead and then took a dump on it, meanwhile calling it "different route," like f**k it was! That was an inconsistent botched-up mess at best and that symbolism can eff off. Pierrot should NEVER BLOODY EVER be allowed to do any adaption again, EVER!
死ねカス国に帰れ
Mar 28, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2012
Comic_Sans said:
You say you loved this show and yet you still bash the hell out of it? I'm confused

I did really like the show, the concept was awesome, I really liked a lot of the characters.. The music was really good too. I just thought a lot of it was executed poorly, and I was left rather unsatisfied by the way it ended, there were so many things that happened that were cool, but never explained or served no purposed. Kaneki was the main character, the character the first season got me invested in, and then he kinda took a back seat to the CCG characters who the first season had already made me hate. I'm hoping reading the manga clears a lot up for me, even though I heard the show went in a slightly different direction.
Mar 28, 2015 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
Artistically, I thought this episode was beautiful. The silence, the lighting, the panning... that was some amazing directing. It's been a while since a single episode has had this much of an impact on me.

Granted, the series was a mess. However, it doesn't really bother me that nothing was explained. The episode decided to focus on character's emotion through some particularly powerful imagery, and I absolutely loved it.

Although, it is disheartening to think of how much more striking this episode could have been if we were given more time to connect with the characters. But, seeing as that didn't happen, I think this was the best possible conclusion for the series.
Mar 28, 2015 1:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This season was really bad compared the manga. Total lack of character development.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 28, 2015 2:13 PM
Dec 2013
A sad, anti-climactic ending. I liked it. And I enjoyed the non-stop action throughout this season. Playing the first season's opening in this episode was a nice touch. Saw that they're hinting a Tokyo Ghoul:re anime adaptation that has no connection to Root A, but it probably won't happen until 2017 at the earliest, since that manga just recently began serialisation. Either that, or they were literally telling us to go read the manga and (outside of the Jack OVA) that there won't be any more Tokyo Ghoul adaptations in the future? :O
wildhoodMar 28, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 28, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Well this great!

I really enjoyed this Tokyo Ghoul √A even though it deviated from the manga.

The plot and characters were well developed and I only have a few holes that weren't filled during the series but they are not major.

Overall, I though this was great.

~Great episode, season, and series!!!
Mar 28, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
neonBdragon said:
The characters were well developed
Totally agreed, especially Kaneki
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2015 4:22 PM

Apr 2014
unravel again,good
nice kaneki´s dead? well i like the way this are solved
(not showing the dead or whatever) alfred hitchcock style
quiet and depressed episode
T-T
Sunakko-ch4nMar 28, 2015 4:32 PM
Mar 28, 2015 4:30 PM

Aug 2010
I see they aimed for a tragic and solemn ending, too bad they missed their mark by a mile, a terrible way to end a season. Nothing much to say really, my only real regret is that there is obviously quite a lot of thought put into character relations and motivations, they were nicely interwoven, it could have been a lot better. 4/10.
Mar 28, 2015 4:37 PM

Nov 2014
I hated the final episode .. one of the wrost endings that i've ever seen.

For who didn´t read the manga .. this anime is confusing which is a huge problem !. Don´t praise the anime because the manga is good .. people often reply me saying that .. we have to judge the anime, not the manga, and personally i did not understand anything.

Mar 28, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
Theres gonna be more right?! They can't just end it here >=o. I wanna know what happened! Did kanki die? What about the rest of them? Hows she in a coffee shop again! I want to see more!! T-T I plan to read the manga but i'll be very sad if this is the complete ending for the show :/
Mar 28, 2015 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
jimbobyoo said:
Theres gonna be more right?! They can't just end it here >=o. I wanna know what happened! Did kanki die? What about the rest of them? Hows she in a coffee shop again! I want to see more!! T-T I plan to read the manga but i'll be very sad if this is the complete ending for the show :/

Its not complete at all. All your questions will be answered in the manga and its sequel.

Mar 28, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
So, Kaneki is actually dead? I couldn't quite tell, but that's what I assumed after I heard Arima's suitcase click and seeing him standing with his quinque stabbed through the ground. Darn, wish they would've showed that.

Overall, I liked this season more than the first by a lot.
Mar 28, 2015 11:02 PM

Jun 2007
This season still didn't answer anything about wtf is going on. I loved the art and characters but I literally don't have a clue why Kanki joined a group that went around causing mayhem after he mentions he wants to protect everyone or why any of that last battle needed to happen. I'm guessing the manga explains all this...hopefully anyway.
Mar 29, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2009
Just As crap as expected. 4/10. I just can't. Neither side even tries to understand each other, regardless of Kaneki saying he is, his actions say otherwise. The humans actions make them out to be more monstrous than the ghouls themselves, while holding this false sense of justice and inability to see ghouls as anything other than monsters that need exterminating throughout the entire anime, using part of the ghouls (Their kagune) as weapons for example, I mean that's sick likely even in ghoul standards.

The fact that neither side cares to or even tries to understand the other side, is incredibly irritating, especially when multiple moments have come up, but the characters are too stupid to take them, it's like the author just refuses to advance the plot, so we just get a repeat of this crap over and over again. Most of the conflict in this anime feels like it's there just because characters are too stupid to talk. Amon's potential death at the end of the season is even more stupid, if this show were to have any plot at all, he would have been the prime human to advance it. The only human with military power that shows the slightest hint of trying to understand ghouls.
RydakoMar 29, 2015 4:52 AM
Mar 29, 2015 4:46 AM

Jan 2012
So, both seasons have the same kind of bullshit ending. God I love this show and this studio.

Mar 29, 2015 4:49 AM

Sep 2014
My quote from the Skype conversation with a friend:
"Who are all these people and should I even care: motto for all the TG√A anime-only viewers everywhere."
Well, this finale managed to convince me to care about Hide (can't deny a lot of feels during the walking scene were felt, although its duration made me yawn), Shinohara and Juuzou, but nothing much else. However, just like with the S1 finale, it slightly impoved the general impression of the whole season. Time to read the manga - Pierrot at least made a good advertisement of it.
Mar 29, 2015 7:09 AM
Mar 2013
well liked the ending on the edge...i don't think well see another season soon but in a few months who knows. Still i have to say story is better in the manga and some good parts were skipped but well i liked the anime anyway its very good compared to other anime.
Mar 29, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was one hell of a walking-simulator episode. I'm guessing they may adapt :re after that ending? Hope so, hope they won't fuck it up too haha.
Mar 29, 2015 8:29 AM

May 2009
What the hell? So much was left unexplained, what a let down. This adaptation needs to be entirely redone by another studio. Fuck Pierrot.
Mar 29, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2014
Idk what to say about the ending am speechless wounder what will happen to Kaneki, the unravel part made me cry ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
Oh What a messed up rushed adaptation (as always at Tokyo Ghoul) by Studio Pierrot.
But I'm glad Pierrot didn't do the same thing that happened in this adaptation to Akatsuki no Yona.
At least Studio Pierrot did the same ending like it's manga source so there's no complain there on that ending.
But they really should had made this a 2 cour for 24 Episodes also so that this would been much better.
Or maybe Studio Pierrot just wanted to animate the Action and important parts of Tokyo Ghoul Manga?
Because some of the parts/scenes of Tokyo Ghoul was just some (lots) of talks and explanation. So if there's a question on this just read the Manga.
Anyway I'll give this Anime a 7 or would give an 8 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 29, 2015 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
xFrown said:
It is really a shame this show turned out the way it did. It had great potential from the beginning, but the storyline was totally random.

They go into a prison to free someone idgaf about, why? He randomly attacks Kaneki, why? We never see him again, why? The boss of Aogiri is seemingly unvincible, why, and who the fuck is he?

Owls daughter likes Kaneki, why? Owls daughter carriers her dad away and has an evil laugh, why? Touka is totally useless, why? Some agents are OP as fuck, why? Why are the twins introduced, and where are they now?

Everyone likes to look at the sky and daydream, why? Why didn't the people from Anteiku just leave and find someplace else, they knew what was coming.

I could keep going on and on, basically this anime is a mixture of random things happening and "emotionally laden scenes" that amount to nothing.

3/10

+100000000 to all of this. So many why's
Mar 29, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
Well they did skip a couple of things in favour of emphasizing Ken and Hide's end together. While not bad I still consider the elements skipped to be priceless enough.

Well there is :re on that behalf, and THAT ":re" sign at the end. Considering they adapted 70+ chapters in a season of 12 episodes each, it is gonna take a long while before :re ever dreams of being adapted.
Mar 29, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
Yeap so many why's. Could I get answers in manga?
Mar 29, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
Serzha said:
Yeap so many why's. Could I get answers in manga?

Yes.
Mar 29, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
Root Ass.

5/10
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.