Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
I love Su-won Q.Q
This yellow dragon easily stole my heart. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of Jae ha.
Why is this even a romance if tHERE is nO romance cry
Mar 24, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
Fantastic shoujo series! :') Every character is so interesting and the story is very refreshing being in the shoujo genre. The day they would announced the season 2, I will be the happiest girl!!

My faith in Studio Pierrot is back.
Mar 24, 2015 5:45 PM

May 2013
konatachan80 said:
Btw, did anyone notice that Zeno must have followed them since the beginning?
He commented on what happened to them at the castle before anyone told him.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I've noticed this too.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 24, 2015 6:20 PM
Apr 2010
This is by far one of the best show I've watched in my entire life.

I'd rate it 11/10 if I could.

I have no words to describe how much I love this anime.
Mar 24, 2015 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
Need anther season
Mar 24, 2015 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
Need S2 sooner than later, can't stop this Yona development train. And that HakYona development, yes more pls.

This was a really pleasant series, Pierrot needs to stay in their wheelhouse with shows like this.
Mar 24, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:

BEST COUPLE EVER
We need a second season. Now!
Mar 24, 2015 7:37 PM

May 2013
That was quick. Haha, he's cute.

Lol, love Jeno. And Hak would be perfect as the "dark dragon"! xD

Iksu goddamn, don't scare me like that!

Dense Yona is best Yona.

Aw man, super enjoyable series! Season 2? :)
Mar 24, 2015 7:43 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, that ending was just amazing. I'm really hoping for a second season, the anime can't leave us hanging like that. Zeno's introduction was quite funny, and I loved the Hak x Yona scene at the end.
Mar 24, 2015 8:23 PM

Aug 2011
And so it ends. I've really enjoyed watching AkaYona for the past 2 seasons. I never thought i would grown so attached to this show!

The entire cast is just so lovable and I really had fun shipping Hak & Yona during the course of the series! LOL

Studio Pierrot had put a lot of effort into it and it really shows. The animation was pretty consistent, and the music was just fantastic (listen to the full OST guys!)

Here's hoping for a second season~
Mar 24, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2014
Zeno is adorable I love him so much.

I can't believe this is over, six months I got to look forward to an episode every week and now... *sighs* every anime I'm watching ends this week, what is this XD

Anyway, I was soooo happy with this anime overall, Studio Pierrot did an excellent job. 100% watching the second season if it comes out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
Holy fuck I ship HakxYona so god damn much. Also, I'm loving the new squad member, Zeno, and I got pretty scared when I saw Ik su with that blood. That would've been some intense shit if he was actually killed by someone.

Looking forward for S2, otherwise ima continue on with the manga. I'd rate this show a 7.5-8 for now.
LeMastaMar 25, 2015 6:52 AM
Mar 24, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
NO IT ENDEDEDED
I enjoy this anime the most, more than Parasyte or Shigatsu hype

overall series 9/10
SEASON 2 PWEASE
Mar 24, 2015 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:

MY HEART. UGH. They're so perfect for each other. I really hope that there would be a second season so we can see them again.

The evil dark dragon~ xD
Mar 24, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
IK-SUUUUUUUU♥♥♥♥♥♥
Good ending!
Can't wait for the next season!! :O
Mar 24, 2015 9:27 PM
Jul 2014
Can't wait for the ova after this and (hopefully) a second season afterwards. Loved this show.
8/10 well deserved.
Mar 24, 2015 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
I swear all characters in this anime were all likeable. I just can't hate any of them even Soo-won, though it's the "i hate you but i love" type of like xD
and dat HakYona moment tho.. omg my heart--

Enjoyed this series so much! 9/10 overall.
Now gonna read the manga while waiting for s2~
Mar 24, 2015 10:10 PM

May 2013
The anime is amazing~ I really loved the OST <3
Will definitely continue where it left off in the manga!
I hope they'll announce a 2nd season tho
Mar 24, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
Noooooo~

Where is my S2 announcement?! Just when the best dragon appeared, too!

With this episode, the best ongoing anime has ended. 9/10 for a fantastic adaptation. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
Completely shocked by the series. Never for a second did I think I would enjoy this so much when it fell next in the queue to watch.

I have no reason not to give this a perfect score. It hit all the right notes and does the best thing right, tell a story. And for me that is the most important part in front of characters. 10/10. Great characters, great story, great art, great score

I hope to see this continue. Everyone should support this series.
IZEROIIMar 24, 2015 11:32 PM
Mar 24, 2015 11:22 PM
Nov 2013
The final dragon appeared! Jeno/Yellow dragon is a fun dude, it's a shame he was introduced in the last episode.

Yona and the group set their plans in motion, their characterization has grown so wonderfully. Su-won seems to be plotting something as well..

8/10 from me. I knew this would be one of my favorite shows from te fall season before it started airing. The OVA better have a season 2 announcement, there's so much that we need to see! Looks like I'll have to read the manga to hold me over. Anyway, excellent series~
Mar 24, 2015 11:31 PM
Jun 2014
What a beautiful anime! Enjoyed the ending.
The four dragons are all introduced and Yona is fired up.
Hak x Yona forever! <33 Cuties.
I greatly approve of this adaptation from the manga.
Although there aren't any announcements yet, I'm sure a second season will come.
Mar 24, 2015 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
This anime turned out much better then I had thought going into it. At first, I thought it'd be a kiddy anime, with tame action and stuff. But then shit hit the fun when the King got killed, and from then on it got pretty serious.
Anyway, great animation, interesting story, strong female lead, fun comedy and good music. Also the general atmosphere was nice. It was great.
Mar 25, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
The set up is real! I hope there is more too come :D
Mar 25, 2015 1:30 AM

Oct 2013
This was easily the best and most creative shoujo I have ever watched. o_o
The only bad thing about this series is the small run of slow-paced, typical generic shoujo episodes in the first third of the series. I also wish Su-won got more screen time, because he seems like an intensely interesting character.

I'd love a second season, but I'll be content just to pick up the manga.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 25, 2015 1:45 AM

May 2014
Kundalini said:
kappasan said:
Ugh! The first and the last episodes were good enough to count as "above average". The in-between episodes from 2 to 23? Just naive and horrible.

Why naive and horrible? How would your version have been?

As an anime fan I'm sad to admit, but this same problem is within many other "not best sells of the century" anime series. The story elements should not have a negative effect to the genre. A truly serious story doesn't have much room for comedy, and every attempt of showing naivety needs a "punishment" within the story (or unless the naivety itself is the punishment...). Then again a wacky/"truly serious" series can - and should - have lot's of comedy, but still not so much naivety because of the serious parts.

Now. This series - like many others - isn't of the "truly serious" genre type, but is still trying to hint at that from time to time = It has a negative effect from the naivety.
Best to keep stuff short at a forum, so that's that for now :)
Mar 25, 2015 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable show. While not my favorite by any measure I do hope they make a second season.
Mar 25, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2009
Loved the series, but ughh at where it ended, certainly doesn't feel complete, not in the slightest. Seems it ended at the scene it started with. No S2 announcement either, which is a huge bummer. Might pick up the manga to carry on.
Mar 25, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the pacing of the series overall, but this episode felt rushed. Not much to say other than that I love Zeno! And the scene with Hak and Yona at the end was cute.

I'll miss Shin-ah the most. :( My precious baby. All of the characters are really well-done I feel, and I really enjoyed the plot even though this part of the story was just about recruiting the dragons. 9/10 from me.

I NEED SEASON 2! Might start reading the manga honestly.
Mar 25, 2015 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

I want to see moooore! His suppressed adoration for her is to unbearable for him to hide, so there must be a big love moment in the (possible) second season!!'
Mar 25, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
I really love this series. To bad it ended . I want to see more of Zeno and his sunshine personality that makes him really cute + Shimono Hiro's voice that makes Zeno perfect. I hope this series will get a second season very soon, I come to read the manga until the very latest translated chapter and it was getting more awesome, too bad if it doesn't get animated. Thank you Studio Perriot for adapting this anime really great! I look forward for more Yona hime, Hak, Yun, Shin-Ah, Kija, Jaeha,Ao and Zeno to see them. I Really love this series! :)
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Mar 25, 2015 6:16 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

Loved that scene! So cute >.<

Awh I'm sad it's over am I the only one that's crying a little?^^" I will miss Tuesdays now :(

The ending was not too bad, pretty good actually. I'm kinda upset that they only introduced the yellow dragon in the last minute.... He should have appeared much earlier, but I suppose it didn't work any other way because they followed the manga pretty closely. I guess now I have to continue reading :)
Mar 25, 2015 6:49 AM
Oct 2011
9/10

I never thought I'd see a fantasy anime like this in 2015. It reminds me of classics like Juuni Kokuki, Guin Saga, Kyou Kara Maou, El Hazard, Saiyuki, etc. The feeling of adventure is just incomparable to anything that's made nowadays.
Mar 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2015
I was sad during this whole ep because I knew it was ending!!! I'm def hoping for season 2!
Mar 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Jul 2009
Zeno really joined the group pretty fast, I still wonder how is his power...
I liked Yona decision, it just shows how she really grew up. Su-won real mission still a mystery, I have this feeling, that maybe in the end, all he did was to protect the kingdom and that Yona might forgive him or end up with him, since it's kinda clear that she still in love with him for now. I hope we get a new season soon, it was great. 9/10
And to end, it was so beautiful:
Mar 25, 2015 7:22 AM
Apr 2013
S2 please come!!! Hak x Yona scene made my heart skip a beat, i went kyaaaaaahhhh!!! lol...damn stop teasing me like this...overall 9.9/10. Loved Zeno, he's really cute but i suspect he knows the harshness of reality best among the crew....please S2, pls studio pierrot...

the ending is just too beautiful~
Mar 25, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
"I don't regret shooting down Kumji." Good on you Yona. That statement alone made this episode for me. Her development has been extraordinary, starting from the naive, sheltered princess and transforming into a strong willed individual who is ready to defend her kingdom without a throne or crown. I especially like how she isn't seeking revenge, but is trying to make what's in front of her right.

Zeno is quite the character. Overall a laid back fella but is far more insightful and attentive than he lets on. He's already left a really good impression and I'm glad the four dragons turned out to be a diversely fun cast of characters. I loved the Hak x Yona moment at the end, inner fanboy squeal engage! Now that the dragons are united, I have to wonder what this business is about the sword and shield. I think they might be two new members or groups rather than items. Only a season 2 can answer that question, which I welcome with both arms.

As a whole this turned out to be my favorite fall leftover and was filled with many surprising developments, particularly revolving around how Yona grew as a character. Easily a 9/10, I'll have to go straight for the manga if this doesn't get the justice of a sequel.
Mar 25, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
Slow but good.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 25, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
Second season fucking when
Mar 25, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
well although it was kind of a sit back and relax episode i thought it was great, kind of like the calm before the storm.

Also like everyone else i am hoping for a second season maybe there will be an announcement when the ova comes out :)

also the manga's sales have been rising in japan so imo there is a good chance of a second season we will have to see if the trend for the manga continues to go up and how the sales of the anime are.
wolfbreedMar 25, 2015 10:46 AM
Mar 25, 2015 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked this shoujo, it's rare for me to actually like one this much. Poor Zeno only one episode, I'd really like a second season of this tbh. 8/10
Mar 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Mar 2008
I think the best way to end this season would've been episode 22, but I liked seeing Yona and Hak together this episode so I don't really mind... I have a feeling/hope there is much more to Zeno than we've seen. I just hope Yona get's enough support to get a second season. Best shoujo I've seen... woops I forgot about Natsume - sorry, right after Natsume it's the best one :P

Pretty sure I'll start reading the manga because I'm way too impatient.

9/10
Vanessa-Mar 25, 2015 10:59 AM
Mar 25, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2010

Yellow
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Good show, I really hoped there would be an announcement for season 2 at the end, but nope.

Overall I liked it, sometimes the pacing was a tick too slow, but I liked that it wasn't completely rushed. More shows nowadays should be like that, taking their time.
And I love it when the motives of the antagonist are shown in a way so you can see what's a good or bad cause is just a matter of perspective. Works of fiction, not just anime, rarely accomplish to do that.
Mar 25, 2015 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
Great anime! The first half in the palace was REALLY annoying and Yona was getting on my nerves. At one point, I felt compelled to read the manga, and I'm glad I did. One of my all-time favorites! I expected Zeno's voice to be a bit more squeakier and cute, but his current works just as fine. I hope this won't turn out to be one of those anime where you read the manga to find out more. I'll keep my hopes up for a second season.
Mar 25, 2015 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
I really loved this show. I loved it so much that I started reading the manga when I got really tired of waiting. I hope there's a season 2, but if not, there's always the manga :)
Mar 25, 2015 2:59 PM
Apr 2014
That speech of Zeno was quite something. Didn't expect him to be the guy who points it out. Also moments like that one make me think there is more behind him. He can't be so weak. He is a dragon and a lone traveler on top of that(you don't survive that if you are an idiot).

hopefully we get a second season soon :(
Mar 25, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2012
"Rare is the series that introduces a seemingly weak and sheltered female lead, who undergoes great tragedy only to come out fierce and respectable at the end after the most well-paced development I have had the pleasure of viewing. Were that not enough, we are also blessed with a delightful supporting cast of varied and sometimes unexpected characters. While it’s not without some flaws, Yona is absolutely amazing as a historical shoujo series."

Somebody said this in a review and I just wanted to quote it because it really sums up the show quite well.

tsubasalover said:
No OP.

(It was exactly just what I hoped. Ending with open ending with no 2nd season announcement.). Now that it ends, all we have left is OVA

I didn't even notice the lack of OP... *shrugs*

I really want a second season. Really badly.

SweetCoconut said:
BASED ZENO. BASED SHIMONO. GOD BLESS THIS ANIME.

It felt fast and rushed for the most part but Ouryuu's introduction, AHHHH. BUT why the heck did the fansub used "Jeno" rather than "Zeno"? I don't if they are deaf or just following to Funi's names but its seriously pissing me off. I would rather find a sub with a low quality but knows how to spell names than having a high quality but have different spelling, do they know that there's the original material out there? Its unprofessional. (I should not rant and rant)

DAT HAKYONA PART. MY OTP FEELS. I'm glad that it ended in an open note, satisfying yet I still want more arcs, more developments and more freaking Zeno. 9/10 Thanks MAL for the 8.21 rating. Amazing, this show deserves it.

DAMN IT. I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR S2.

The Jeno part was weird as hell and kind of upset me. But his appearance was very much appreciated.

julyachan said:
Seepos said:

Loved this scene!

I ship them so much :3

This scene was so nice... >///<

What manga chapter is the ending at? I honestly don't feel like looking...

I still love Zeno so much! The other dragons are adorable and amazing too, but Zeno is my favorite. Hak is hot and all too, of course. And Yona is such a strong female lead (and even more so in the manga). The pacing was good and the animation was very nice to watch. A second season would be perfect after this, but I'm okay with an OVA with hopefully another season as soon as possible. The anime lived up to the manga almost completely. I enjoyed it a lot and I can definitely say that it's one of my favorite shoujos of all time.

9/10

Edit: And I literally screenshotted every second of Zeno animated. And I caught all of the special moments for those who are also caught up on the manga.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 25, 2015 4:37 PM

Sep 2014
Damn, it ended too fast, as the action played in the last episode of the rather slow pace of the rest of the episodes. In the anime amazing I loved two things - the characters and music. Particularly instrumental is my favorite. However endings and second openning they are very successful and nice to listen them, too.
Well, I look forward to further adventures of team princess Yona.
Final rating ~ 7.4/10
Mar 25, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
It feels like just the beginning.
Very nice last episode.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.