Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, that was aweosme. The penultimate episode really highlighted the battles and conflicts in space and imo, did not disappoint at all.

Thanks to all the buildup, every major mecha plays some sort of major role.

Hyped for finale. That was glorious. Loved how some of the mecha gundams built on each others' strengths and weaknesses in combat.
Mar 19, 2015 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
So much battles in this episode.
Mar 20, 2015 7:15 AM

May 2009
Mar 20, 2015 8:48 AM
Apr 2014
The emotions throughout this anime are really bland and shallow. 7/10 dropping to 5/10.
RyushenMar 20, 2015 8:58 AM
Mar 20, 2015 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
I hate Captain Mask so much that if they kill him next episode, I will raise my score for this show. He has by far the shittiest character motivation in this show. I might even throw in a bonus if they kill Klim as well.
Mar 20, 2015 11:52 AM
Jan 2015
You guys are dumb and can't understand Tomino's old school writing.
Mar 20, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
Great battle!

Also, they landed in Guina, lol. SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 20, 2015 6:23 PM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
my reaction that I only have to watch 1 more episode of this
Mar 20, 2015 10:44 PM

Aug 2007
SAF88 said:

As an old school Gundam fan, having seen most of them, I can safely say that this series is just shit. The writing is sloppy and all over the place, and the plot is inconsistent and nonsensical.

It's just garbage. Now excuse me while I go and watch some old school Mobile Suit Gundam.
Mar 21, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2013
brass2themax said:
SAF88 said:

As an old school Gundam fan, having seen most of them, I can safely say that this series is just shit. The writing is sloppy and all over the place, and the plot is inconsistent and nonsensical.

It's just garbage. Now excuse me while I go and watch some old school Mobile Suit Gundam.

Yeah, I regret saying this, but the writing of this series wasn't that great and everything is all over place and confusing as well. And I'm the guy who puts Zeta Gundam as my no. 1 anime next to Evangelion.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 21, 2015 6:01 AM

Jul 2009
brass2themax said:
SAF88 said:

While I wouldn't say it's near as bad of writing is Umi No Triton and Brain Powerd, is still diffidently one of his weakest works
Mar 21, 2015 10:52 AM
Jun 2014
As an old school Gundam fan, you guys are really terrible at paying attention.
Mar 21, 2015 10:21 PM
Jul 2014
brass2themax said:
SAF88 said:

You can stop pretending now.
Mar 22, 2015 5:11 AM
Nov 2014
SHINOBI-03 said:
brass2themax said:

Yeah, I regret saying this, but the writing of this series wasn't that great and everything is all over place and confusing as well. And I'm the guy who puts Zeta Gundam as my no. 1 anime next to Evangelion.

I compared this story to Evangelion the TV series in its execution. I brought the three volume script of EVA TV series and in it, there were far more detail backgrounds on what is what then presented in the final show. Therefore as I have always claim: This Recon-G show has too many missing elements in making proper introduction and background detailing of many secondary characters and various factions. Their ultimate motives are never properly disclosed, forces audience to mostly guess via small hints in conversations in action why they do what they do. It also repeated (although tuned way down) many issues in the creator's past problems such as: clearly newbies piloting MS/MA, prisoners can roam freely in the ship of its captors, powerful machines gets hand over to enemy side like it is a toy.. etc etc.
I for one get a lot of what the story is trying to tell, but any one want to see a properly constructed story of Gundam universe can look right away at Gundam Origins, where its multiple character arc gets properly fine tunes and conflict background told via proper dramatic fashion fitting to a classic tale. I have read the comic, I can safely said if they stick to the script of the comic, then the story is hard to beat for a Gundam story, but its lack of Mech drama would certain turn off loads of audience come looking for model kit commercial...
Recon-G can be done a lot better if they can slow down and get a voice over clip episode that Fukuda should do away but Tomino should adopt.
I love the mech design of this show, never since Zeta/ZZ that so many variation and shapes of suits appeared. Cant wait for the Design Bible... which will be so freaking thick...
Mar 22, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
Fencel said:
As an old school Gundam fan, you guys are really terrible at paying attention.

Excuse me? I watched Gundam, Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam back to back years ago and I got the grasp of all their plots clear as water and didn't get confused or lost as G no Reconguista so stop throwing insults at other old school Gundam fans.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 22, 2015 8:05 AM

Jul 2007
jackaus said:

Recon-G can be done a lot better if they can slow down and get a voice over clip episode that Fukuda should do away but Tomino should adopt.

I hope that'd be enough. I really enjoyed what this show began throwing out starting at Towasanga in terms of the varying factions, their personal goals, Venus Globe's new technology and the battles. There was a lot to like here towards the middle to end, so it's sucks that, as you mention, there's too many missing elements to keep the show strong.
Ani-BlastMar 22, 2015 9:15 AM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
One more episode, people! We can do this. Then we can celebrate the end of a (very bad) series :)

I've seen lots of Gundam works, both new and old, including the original series. I've found some of them difficult to follow but I've always had at least some kind of grasp as to what is going on.

...this series though, just makes no sense. The writing is awful, the characters are bland an uninteresting, hell even the mech battles don't stand out because you don't know (or care) who's piloting them!

You know who my favorite character in this is? Chuchumy.

Yes, I'm being deadly serious. Rariya's goldfish is the only character I give half a shit about.

Tomino-san, I respect you and you've made some bloody good works, but you slipped up on this one.
Mar 22, 2015 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
- Poor Mashner lost her marbles. You knew she was gonna bite it. That's Tomino's way.

- MOST of it was awesome space battle.

- Thank SCORDO! Manny is fine!

- Klim is hella greedy now.

One more to go....even if there's a Season 2, I think I'll watch it. This is so ridiculous. The art is cool, I appreciate the comedy, and the combat is definitely a high point, but the story and the characters are just...I don't even know. I can't even explain this style. Tomino has a good imagination and likes technology, the concept being pro, but I can't fully immerse into it or enjoy it.
Mar 23, 2015 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty much the exact episode I expected from the previous. Mashner falls apart and Towasanga is out.

SHINOBI-03 said:

Inconsistent and nonsensical how?
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 25, 2015 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
SAF88 said:

[monocle]
This message is brought to you by the same idiots that say Glasslip was a work of art.

Good job, good job. Hopefully your mother took you to the hospital quickly after dropping you on your head as a child.
[/monocle]
I don't hate this show, but let's not kid ourselves here.
Mar 26, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative also this time, it is more clear in the intent, although always remain incomprehensible certain attitudes of some characters.
Plot like the narrative, it also seems much more clear understanding of its intent, but with an episode at the end of the season, the question arises: It all ends right now? It does not seem plausible that right now put an end to the TV series.
Drawings and animations excellent, however he was not yet read anywhere of an upcoming second season for this show, I'm curious to see how close to the authors the TV series.
Mar 26, 2015 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
]The only complaints this show gets are that the story doesn't make sense, not enough is explained, the factions/ characters actions are incomprehensible or not explained well enough, etc etc etc...

but this is obviously not true... just because it doesn't force feed everything down your throat like older shows like MSG (i love MSG and zeta so im not bashing it ) doesn't mean it doesn't make sense... you just have to exert a bit more brain power..

You have to think, this place takes THOUSANDS OF YEARS in the future past UC era... the characters have been brought up in a much different era and have much different thought processes than UC gundam.

I believe the Rayhunton Family (Bellris) helped instituted the tabboos and religion to make the wars of UC era a thing of the past, they do this with a quasi religion and by limiting earthnoids power with the power batteries they deliver. These power batteries are made by the folks at Venus Globe who live pretty far away in the solar system. Limiting technology, they have built only like 2 ships that have the power to travel the galaxy, trapping earthlnoids on earth. hence why everyone is fighting their asses off to get those 2 ships, pretty much controlling those ships means controlling the galaxy at this point.

The G-iT corps are a faction from there that don't believe in the venus globe / Rayhunton ideals anymore and want to perform the "Reconguista" on earth. They were taught by their leader war can be a good thing, and drive the advance of culture, and want to go to earth to live. They might even be wanting to move earth to a nearby galaxy.

Towasanga General Dorette fleet --- wanted to get to earth and live there too, no matter the cost... if it came down they couldn't control earthnoids they were willing to sneak into society at the bottom and work their way up..

Ameria - greedy earthnoids who want more power / control ;D and dont want to bow down to spacenoids demands.

Bellri / Megafauna crew - obviously support the SCORDism spouted by Venus Globe / the pope to help prevent wars. Also want to show the people of venus globe who havent experienced war in thousands of years its horrors.

Mask - Kuntala who relates with G-IT lab people as they were both "oppressed"... respects Bellri but knows he is heir to the Rayhunton family and feels he is always given incredible power and that is dangerous for people like him who have been historically oppressed. Not sure what his final plan is though prob find out today.

Capital Guard - help guard the tower and battery retrieval etc, not even supposed to be an army ust help enforce tabboo

Capital Army - Made at the request of col. Cumpa to counter the "Threat from Space"... obviously... a lie.. the threat from space just wanted to live on earth and Col Cumpa just enjoys experiencing war as the guy from venus globe said. His final goal will probably be revealed in last ep.

SO the final faction who wins this battle and takes control of the two ships pretty much has all of earth and even the whole galaxy at their mercy. They can make the whole earth bow to their demands because as has been said... without the photon power batteries a whole country won't even have hot water!

There are some questions here and there that could obviously be answered in the last episode but not enough to consider the plot "incomprehensible"... makes pretty good since to me and I think its actually a great idea for a new gundam era. Its very different, new and refreshing.
Mar 26, 2015 8:16 PM

Sep 2010
Mashner though I laughed during that entire scene.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 28, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

WTF Mashner went crazy! But i guess with the shock at the death of Rockpie.

And what's up with the mixed emotions?!? You see Aida already moving on, then as soon as she meets Steer and the Captain she begins to break down.

As always Kilm is badass!! I really wish we have more screen time for him.

I'm also surprised with the amount of technology they have, they still don't have a proper and better system for descending to earth. You would think in Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed, Wing Gundam can just enter the earth's atmosphere like it was nothing, even Strike Freedom managed to enter earth AND managed to blast Destiny's Beam Boomerang all in just one go :O

I also notice Mask and Manny's relationship mirrors Char and Lalah. Even had the same big robot for Manny/Lalah.

Klim's Gundam is just badass!!! I hope we get to see in action in the last episode!

Last episode here we go!
Apr 18, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2011
When Mashner started getting crazy I knew she'll die.

The battle has now shifted on earth. I wonder if Luin and Manny will survive on
the last episode. Dem characters getting mood swings.
Jul 21, 2015 1:04 PM

Oct 2009
Why does Tomino always have to have a stupid annoying couple, especially the girl is always a retard. Here's hoping either Manny dies or both Mask and Manny dies -_-.
Jan 10, 2018 10:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally, all arrive at the earth, although the "Dorrette" not!!!!
Jan 25, 2018 6:17 PM

May 2010
Thespacepope said:
SAF88 said:

[monocle]
This message is brought to you by the same idiots that say Glasslip was a work of art.

Good job, good job. Hopefully your mother took you to the hospital quickly after dropping you on your head as a child.
[/monocle]
I don't hate this show, but let's not kid ourselves here.

"I don't understand this show but you do, so you're probably the mentally challenged one."

Come on man!
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 5, 2021 8:38 AM

Aug 2017
The last shot before the eyecatch was...strange. And later it was implied (visually) that those 2 women from G-IT are close somehow (embracing another's waist, etc). Or maybe Kun liked Captain Kia. Oh well.

I though Bellri had lost his shield before, huh.

All those little details inside MS cockpits (even a changing room) are appreciated. You can even do sports!

Mask at least has a straightforward reasoning for his actions. Not like his fears about the abuse of power are unfounded, though it's strange coming from a guy fighting for a force like Capital Army. Sad to see Manny blinded by war though. It ain't gonna end well for her, whoever survives.

Like Yggdrasil, G-Rach has some weirdly shaped beams/beam weapons. Almost insect-like.

So those things are called undersuits, huh.
St0rmbladeFeb 5, 2021 8:48 AM
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Jul 2017
If in guina highlands there is master Asia, this show's rating skyrocket to 10.
Jokes aside, ok episode, I'm curious to see the last episode and i don't know who can die and who can survive the final battle.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

19 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.