Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 17, 2015 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
What a nuanced and warm and delicately unnerving episode. One of the best I've ever seen.

This show is ending soon and already I'm grieving. Don't take it from us, Pierrot. Gambare.
Mar 17, 2015 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
The So/Yona meeting seemed very anticlimactic. I do like that it seems like he has more then just a "hey I'm evil and i want power" side.
My Candies:
Mar 17, 2015 5:27 PM

May 2013
Hella awkward. But I'm glad Suwon still seems to care about Yona, yet Yona is wary now, which is also good.

Ehhh Yona's acting funny.

How do you not notice someone lying besides you?

Tsun Yun <3

Love the captain and the pirates. Gonna miss 'em.

FUcK das cute. This is the best arc of the series so far. Great characters and story, with plenty of funny, horrifying, and heart-warming moments.

From the preview it seems we'll be quickly introduced to the last dragon. He looks like the "genki" type character. And as for the plot, well, it's not like it could resolve with just one episode. Let's see where the final episode will take us, then onwards to second season!
Mar 17, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2011
Su-Won happy that Yona is alive. Does he care for her and Hak?

Cried for Yona

Jeaha joining them

ZENO OMG AHHHHHHH <3

LAST EPISODE NEXT WEEK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T____T

SEASON 2 PLEASE I NEED MORE!!!!! T [ ] T
Mar 17, 2015 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Jeaha join the party! *FF background sound*
damn Yona, stop crying, you make me cry too.. :'(
4th dragon on last episode??
need 2nd season!
Mar 17, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
SooWon, I hate you, but I love you.
I'll have to rewatch episode one again to sort out the feelings.
Mar 17, 2015 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like we won't be getting a real ending and there'll maybe be a second season
Mar 17, 2015 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
Oh, how I love the pacing this show has. I don't think there was a better time for Su-Won & Yona to meet again. That one moment when Yona slowly reaches for his sword speak's volumes of her development - of how she'd now have the determination to take his life. Even if we don't know for sure if she'd have gone through with it, she wouldn't come close to that earlier in the series or hell, maybe not even half-way through, hence why having this encounter earlier wouldn't have been as effective, IMO.

Part of me wanted to see a long conversation between the two but the other part wouldn't change anything from that scene as it got it's point across perfectly. In fact, I think Yona's silent reaction added even more to it. Gotta love such well-done "show don't tell" moments.
Mar 17, 2015 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Anon1409 said:
Seems like we won't be getting a real ending and there'll maybe be a second season

Can't get a real ending when it the story doesn't end next week.

Thank you Pierrot for continuing to be one of the finest adaptations I've seen. I'll support it ($) however I can. I have no doubt this will get another season.
Mar 17, 2015 10:03 PM
Jun 2014
This anime has gotten so pervy lately. I don't like it.
Mar 17, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Confucius said:
The best character of the show finally makes his intro in the next and final episode.

If not the strongest at the very least, and my favourite Dragon too and my third favourite character overall in the story after Yona and Hak. I hope Shimono Hiro portrays the character perfectly. He is very talented and can portray often jolly yet serious characters pretty well. Fingers crossed that they have selected him just for those few minutes only and hoping that wouldn't be all that we get in the anime. It will be a real shame otherwise.

This has been a great adaptation and I had a feeling they would stop the season around there once they had the new opening. If the anime continued however, for me, the best episodes would be around 40 onwards at this rate (as far as the manga goes, chapter 60 onwards) so I would love to see a sequel. And I heard the manga gets even better beyond those chapters. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 17, 2015 11:09 PM
Jun 2014
shanimebib said:
Confucius said:
The best character of the show finally makes his intro in the next and final episode.

If not the strongest at the very least, and my favourite Dragon too and my third favourite character overall in the story after Yona and Hak. I hope Shimono Hiro portrays the character perfectly. He is very talented and can portray often jolly yet serious characters pretty well. Fingers crossed that they have selected him just for those few minutes only and hoping that wouldn't be all that we get in the anime. It will be a real shame otherwise.

This has been a great adaptation and I had a feeling they would stop the season around there once they had the new opening. If the anime continued however, for me, the best episodes would be around 40 onwards at this rate (as far as the manga goes, chapter 60 onwards) so I would love to see a sequel. And I heard the manga gets even better beyond those chapters. :)

People said the anime would get better after episode 10, and it got worse. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.
Mar 17, 2015 11:15 PM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
Confucius said:

I honestly think this one character has completely change the tone of the show. Before it was just your average adventure save-the-world shoujo, but I feel like Zeno's character provides more thought-provking elements into the show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 17, 2015 11:24 PM

Jan 2011
wolfbreed said:
Now on the subject of another season hopefully they will let us know at the end of the next episode however that doesnt necessarily mean there will be another we will have to wait and see how the blue ray sales in japan go when they release it because thats all that matters to them in other words unless you live in Japan it doesnt matter how bad you want another season so fingers crossed.

Actually the boost in manga/LN sales is at least as important as BD sales for a continuing manga/LN in terms of the production decision for a second season. If the BD really takes off in sales, that will confirm it--but it's also worthwhile to watch the sales figures of the manga. Both of those are covered in the news forum on MAL. The upside of this trend is that more shows are being given a first season, the downside is that once a manga has ended increased sales are no longer a factor in production decisions.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2015 12:01 AM

Sep 2014
I absolutely love this series. I didn't expect it to be one of my favourites since it started airing. Sucks that there's one more episode to go but I can't wait to start reading the manga!

[/center]
Mar 18, 2015 2:50 AM

Sep 2014
I get the feeling the Soo-Won might be dieing. he going for the Lelouch ending maybe.
Mar 18, 2015 3:36 AM

Jun 2014
Tichey said:
I get the feeling the Soo-Won might be dieing. he going for the Lelouch ending maybe.

Holy shit, make it happen *inserts author' name*
Mar 18, 2015 3:51 AM
Aug 2009
I've been hearing a lot of the manga readers say they've read about Zeno's past, so I'm starting to wonder if I may have skipped it by accident...

Can someone in the manga reading group, who has caught up to the latest manga chapters tell me what chapter Zeno's past comes to light?

I've read till ch. 74 and I swear I haven't seen a mention at all of Zeno and his past and I'm really starting to wonder if I may have skipped 10 whole chapters or something...
Mar 18, 2015 4:08 AM

Jun 2008
clannadlover said:
I've been hearing a lot of the manga readers say they've read about Zeno's past, so I'm starting to wonder if I may have skipped it by accident...

Can someone in the manga reading group, who has caught up to the latest manga chapters tell me what chapter Zeno's past comes to light?

I've read till ch. 74 and I swear I haven't seen a mention at all of Zeno and his past and I'm really starting to wonder if I may have skipped 10 whole chapters or something...

Its not translated yet, its on the raws of chapter 102 If im not mistaken. Definitely is one of the best chapters in the whole manga. Still you can look at it on mangalator.ch, there are there translations made by the fans. :D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 18, 2015 4:13 AM

Oct 2013
why isn't this season like 100 episodes what is this paltry 24, I need a second season asap

Su-won's entire story is so heartbreaking
Mar 18, 2015 4:18 AM

May 2013
I thought it's gonna be am ugly reunion between Yona and Su-won. I was expecting at least Hak interrupting them with his halberd.
Some tears broke out from Yona and the gang. Yona is now popular and they might join in if she ever needs assistance.
Three acquired, one more to go. I can't believe that they'll squeeze Zeno at the last episode. Anyways, this series requires a sequel.
Mar 18, 2015 5:38 AM

Jan 2013
Nice way of dealing with things.
Hak really knows Yona to figure out what would make her cry.
So next time it's the last dragon and... the adventure goes on sorta final.
Mar 18, 2015 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
This scene is so funny:

This is one of the best anime so far, with a Shoujo genre.
Mar 18, 2015 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
I thought Yona's leg was sprained.
Great episode yet again.
Mar 18, 2015 9:11 AM

May 2009
I could seriously watch this anime for another 40 episodes at least. This anime amazes me every time. Some episodes were so-so but overall everything was very exciting and I couldn't really "guess" what would be happening next, only that on a certain time they meet a new dragon.

I'm still praying for at least a second season! : D
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 18, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2014
I actually expected more action at the Suu-Won scene, but oh well. I guess it's hard to raise a sword against a childhood lover. ^^ Poor Yona, she were really affected by it. :(

Anyways, nice music Green Dragon were playing. It's nice to see that he joined, though I actually didn't have any doubts that he weren't joining.

And yay, good that we will see all the dragons in this season. I wonder how they will end the series next week. ^^
Mar 18, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2014
tsubasalover said:
Cousin guy is actually helping her and led her go. She's extremely energetic and kind of back to her clumsy self after crying. Childhood guy, seeing her cry, became scary.

Princess is not good at playing koto, and Rokuryuu fell is funny. It's not just final day for the main team, but also the pirates. The leader is also very precious for Rokuryuu in a way. So he did officially join.

Final ep. next. Meeting 4th and final dragon (Shimono-san!!) finally.

You should had a spoiler alert there, man. Come on, now half of the fun is gone. -.-
Mar 18, 2015 10:10 AM

May 2014
tetrix1993 said:
This scene is so funny:

This is one of the best anime so far, with a Shoujo genre.

true dat. really one of the best I have seen
Mar 18, 2015 10:53 AM
May 2014
mangalicker94 said:
tsubasalover said:
Cousin guy is actually helping her and led her go. She's extremely energetic and kind of back to her clumsy self after crying. Childhood guy, seeing her cry, became scary.

Princess is not good at playing koto, and Rokuryuu fell is funny. It's not just final day for the main team, but also the pirates. The leader is also very precious for Rokuryuu in a way. So he did officially join.

Final ep. next. Meeting 4th and final dragon (Shimono-san!!) finally.

You should had a spoiler alert there, man. Come on, now half of the fun is gone. -.-

Why? :)
You can get that much just by watching ep 23's OP (01:38) then the preview for 24 (23:27).

It wouldn't really make sense to spoilertag the rest because it relates to an episode
you've most likely watched before coming here.
konatachan80Mar 18, 2015 10:56 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 18, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2014
Why's it that the series' been on a downhill after the first awesome episode?

Right about now the only thing that'd satisfy me is that Yona suddenly realizes that Su-Won is a good person, but soon after sees him getting killed by Hak. Or something as epic...
Mar 18, 2015 3:23 PM
May 2014
kappasan said:

Right about now the only thing that'd satisfy me is that Yona suddenly realizes that Su-Won is a good person, but soon after sees him getting killed by Hak. Or something as epic...

Maybe you prefer something similar to the top 5 shounen? If so, then maybe this isn't it.

It wouldn't make sense if she suddenly realized something like that now.
She's barely begun experiencing her country.
konatachan80Mar 18, 2015 3:44 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 18, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 2013
I'm wondering if akatsuki no yona will get a season two seeing as there's only one episode left and we haven't met the yellow dragon yet...I'm hoping for a season two!!!
Mar 18, 2015 4:11 PM

Apr 2013
What chapter in the manga did this end on (or the general vicinity)? I'm going to start reading ahead. The next episode doesn't look that good and my body can't wait for some more Yona-chan.

EDIT: Ch 40 in Volume 7. That was some mighty fine investigative work by me if I would say so myself.
dankzelMar 18, 2015 7:02 PM
Mar 18, 2015 4:35 PM

Jul 2010
kappasan said:

We don't know if Su-Won is truly a good person yet. He seems to care about the country. But he did kill Yona's father. Su-Won says it's because King Il killed his father, but do we really know if that's true?

I personally like how the show is making it hard for us viewers to decide whether to trust Su-Won or not. In the very first episode, he seemed upset that Yona caught him carrying out the murder. But even so, he seemed okay with letting his men kill her in order to cover up his tracks.

That all being said, I liked how this AMV covered the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncQqEaL1rI
Mar 18, 2015 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
kappasan said:

Su-Won is a complex character. He's certianly not 'good' as he murdered the ruling monarch which is about one of the worst crimes you can perpretrate in a society like this. He also (probably like his father) is a humanist and does not believe in the story of the dragons. There also seems to be a real reason why King Il did not want him to become king, independent on whether or not Il did or didn't kill his Su-Won's father.

So yeah .. I couldn't disagree more with you. This show has been getting better and better each week and IMHO hasn't put a foot wrong. Last week's soundtrack was simply amazing!
Mar 18, 2015 11:54 PM

Jun 2014
I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.
That start was super intense. and yona trying to hide it while acting energetic was quite sad. Theres still something we don't know about Soowon.

The green dragon joins and we get one episode for the yellow....
SEASON TWO IS A MUST.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 19, 2015 12:52 AM

Aug 2013
I read manga so I knew that this was going to happen and I was so excited for this episode.
This anime is getting better and better. I like it so much^^
Anyway, I won't spoil anything but I'll tell you that anime follows manga completely and it's going to be really interesting. There will be more meetings of Yona and Soo-Won.
I think I started to understand Soo-Woon. I didn't like him on start but with time he became one of my favourite characters and I want to see what will happen to him.
I hope there will be next season. <3
Mar 19, 2015 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
NinaQ said:
I absolutely love this series. I didn't expect it to be one of my favourites since it started airing. Sucks that there's one more episode to go but I can't wait to start reading the manga!

The temptation too start reading the manga is real :).

Also,

We need more Ao ;)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3Wg603gPTnI/maxresdefault.jpg
removed-userMar 19, 2015 1:42 AM
Mar 19, 2015 1:51 AM
Jun 2013
If there is a season 2 to this, this might end up being one of my favorite series!
Mar 19, 2015 5:49 AM

Aug 2008
This is really becoming one of my favorite shoujo shows
And I'm really tempted to read the manga
Mar 19, 2015 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
There must be a season 2 right ?? No way they can conclude everything in just one more ep.
Mar 19, 2015 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
clannadlover said:
I love Soo-Won's character he does indeed make an excellent king, and I'm sure he has his reasons for his crime, however this episode always irks me. He knows full well the consequences of his actions, so I wish he would abide by them, ergo stop talking to Yona like she was your childhood friend you've lost that right...

This!!

---------------

1 more to go, I feel bad for Zono for getting the least screen time tbh. I really hope there will be a second season announcement at the end of the episode.
Mar 19, 2015 10:45 AM
Jan 2015
just hoped for season 2 of shimai maou no testament & suddenly there is news that say it will be granted!

Then, now I hope for season 2 of yona. This anime is so heartbreaking! Always make me sad, especially in Sinha's arc!

One thing, the mangaka tries to messed-up reader's/audience's mind by always showing good side of soo-won, makes us wonder if he really bad or not. But, logically thinking, how the hell can a girl marry her dad's murderer in the end? Like when yona wake up in the morning and say to so-won "Ohaiyo danna-sama, I know you killed my dad before but I still love you". Outside of the kingdom, there is Hak who still is a.... bodyguard.

Shinmai maou no testament & akatsuki no yona?!
I can watch any anime, just anything.
esofdiamonMar 19, 2015 10:52 AM
Mar 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
The scene with Soo-won leaving and then Yona crynig was done reallyyyy well.

Last episode next week ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Love this episode, from the start and all the way to the end -
Yona meeting with Su-won, the party, Jae-ha join the team and lot lot of crying.
Preview show the yellow dragon, cant wait to next episode
to bad its the last one :(
Mar 19, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
Dang.. Hak exactly knew what happened.
?
Mar 19, 2015 9:19 PM

Feb 2009
There's no way we're not getting a season 2 right? OMG. Jaeha just randomly following them was super cute. I can't believe the last dragon only gets one episode.

Mar 20, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode, I thought Soo-Won would be more central to this episode but I guess he just brought the original plot back into perspective. Kind of a feel good episode, and Jae-ha's finally on the team! I don't want it to end. :(
Mar 20, 2015 6:04 AM
May 2014
DarcyD said:
There's no way we're not getting a season 2 right? OMG. Jaeha just randomly following them was super cute. I can't believe the last dragon only gets one episode.

At the moment they've annonced an OAD.

Still hoping for more..
-- Lord fifth
Mar 20, 2015 9:38 AM

Sep 2009
Wow that scene with Soo-Won was amazing when Yona saw the sword and was willing to kill/harm him.
He was surprisingly gentle with her and it really seemed like he cares a lot about her.

I really can't hate him after all x.x

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.