Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 11:13 PM

Mar 2010
here is the "mal's staff" link

just choose anyone and go though their profiles. If you see a anime you want to watch in their favs.... you know what to do rite?
Jul 4, 2015 11:27 PM

Oct 2014
MillieAndretti90 said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Staff members are what MAL calls "people". Any voice actor, writer, musician ect. will work. Even Hatsune Miku and Hitler are included as "people".

Lol, so how do we figure out what their favorite anime is though?
Sorry, I misread that. The MAL staff members are listed in Ranoom's post^
There's another challenge involving "anime staff members".
Jul 5, 2015 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
MillieAndretti90 said:

Lol, so how do we figure out what their favorite anime is though?
Sorry, I misread that. The MAL staff members are listed in Ranoom's post^
There's another challenge involving "anime staff members".

Thanks. Yeah, that's this one right? "Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)"

Ranoom said:
here is the "mal's staff" link

just choose anyone and go though their profiles. If you see a anime you want to watch in their favs.... you know what to do rite?

Yup, thanks! That makes things a lot easier. :D
Jul 5, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
I was wondering what the setting of Yuri Kuma Arashi is. I don't think it takes place in japan.. but I was wanting to make sure.
Merry Christmas Minna~♥
natsunootouto said:
@Specialoneofcourse
What are you saying now? Everybody knows you are special ^_^
"I'll be the town's international barista lawyer!"
Jul 5, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
Does Jojo count as within our universe ? Even though there are super powers, it takes place in England, USA, Italy... so i'd say it's in our universe.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jul 5, 2015 10:41 PM

May 2014
TheKawaiiZombie said:
Does Jojo count as within our universe ? Even though there are super powers, it takes place in England, USA, Italy... so i'd say it's in our universe.

I'm pretty sure, regardless of genre it is. As long as it it's our universe.
Jul 6, 2015 11:42 AM
Jul 2011
I asked before, but I didn't see any replies a few months back, so I'll assume that that pond was dry.

I watch a lot of anime as it is (I plan on doing around 30 series this season alone) so if someone could recommend me short things I'd be very appreciative.

Any good award-winning anime movies out there that are easy to get a hold of? Also, since it's summer, any good horror anime movies/short series that someone could recommend to me? Or, failing that, just any short anime or movies that sound good?

Thanks for the help, guys. I'd be happy to help with recommendations as well.
Jul 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
SecretDinosaur said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:

I'm pretty sure, regardless of genre it is. As long as it it's our universe.
Ok thanks, i just recently finished the 1st season ( I recommend it, it was really good, well, especially the 2nd part, Joseph is awesome )

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jul 6, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
Can someone please recommend me an anime? Any genre is fine, but preferably a comedy. (Try to keep it less than 24 episodes please ^.^ )

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Jul 6, 2015 1:43 PM
Jul 2011
Slenderyolo said:
Can someone please recommend me an anime? Any genre is fine, but preferably a comedy. (Try to keep it less than 24 episodes please ^.^ )

Sabagebu is pretty hilarious in my opinion and is only a 1-cour.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/20709/Sabagebu!
Jul 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
LogiRogi said:
Slenderyolo said:

Sabagebu is pretty hilarious in my opinion and is only a 1-cour.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/20709/Sabagebu!

Thank you =3

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Jul 6, 2015 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
I need an anime recommendation. I'm open for any genre. Does anyone have any ideas?
Jul 6, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
LogiRogi said:
I asked before, but I didn't see any replies a few months back, so I'll assume that that pond was dry.

I watch a lot of anime as it is (I plan on doing around 30 series this season alone) so if someone could recommend me short things I'd be very appreciative.

Any good award-winning anime movies out there that are easy to get a hold of? Also, since it's summer, any good horror anime movies/short series that someone could recommend to me? Or, failing that, just any short anime or movies that sound good?

Thanks for the help, guys. I'd be happy to help with recommendations as well.
How short? I've watched plenty of anime TV series that are less than an hour. Could you give me a link to your challenge sign up sheet?
Jul 6, 2015 8:09 PM
Jul 2011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362808&show=250#post260

Here's the link. I have some ideas for some of the some of the blank entries, but none of them are completed as of yet.

If possible I'd like a cour or less of short length episodes (10 minutes or less), six or less OVAs of regular length episodes, or a 2 hour or less movie. I guess I wouldn't mind watching a single cour if the show was really good. Thanks for any help.
Jul 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Apr 2015
D- said:
I need an anime recommendation. I'm open for any genre. Does anyone have any ideas?

Durarara !! from Ryohgo Narita, the original creator of Baccano! .
Jul 7, 2015 10:55 AM

Jan 2011
Does Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace count as based of an anime??

And i would like a recommendation, i'm open for every genre.
Jul 7, 2015 12:13 PM
Jul 2011
KimmyChii said:

What anime is it based off of? Given the title, Akechi, and the reference to "The Human Chair," you may be able to consider it based off of Edogawa Ranpo's work, though very, very loosely adapted thus far. I guess a mod would have a better answer.

Also, you can go watch Tokyo ESP if you'd like. I found it quite enjoyable and think you might, too.

Anyone have any short horror/horror anime movies for me? I'll just keep waiting until Hanako-san comes for me.
Jul 7, 2015 12:22 PM

Mar 2015
eien1999 said:
D- said:

Durarara !! from Ryohgo Narita, the original creator of Baccano! .

Thank-you! I've heard of this one, but I didn't have the sufficient time to watch it.
Jul 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2011
LogiRogi said:
KimmyChii said:

What anime is it based off of? Given the title, Akechi, and the reference to "The Human Chair," you may be able to consider it based off of Edogawa Ranpo's work, though very, very loosely adapted thus far. I guess a mod would have a better answer.

Also, you can go watch Tokyo ESP if you'd like. I found it quite enjoyable and think you might, too.

I Mend from a Novel >< sorry
i put it in "» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field " that makes alot more sens

Anyone have any short horror/horror anime movies for me? I'll just keep waiting until Hanako-san comes for me.

Do you mean you want to watch this one??

if you want another look at this one It a one of a kind,(i have not found something like this one)
Jul 8, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Does kill la kill count for an anime with a verb in its title? kinda confused on that

and Serial Experiments Lain is an original right?
Jul 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
Question No.1: Do I have to fill my list for the sake of this challenge? I rather keep it empty with the one anime I've bothered to add.
Jul 8, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
Died_in_Vain said:
Question No.1: Do I have to fill my list for the sake of this challenge? I rather keep it empty with the one anime I've bothered to add.

the challenge is to add new ones after the signing date
Jul 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 2011
Chiroe said:
Does kill la kill count for an anime with a verb in its title? kinda confused on that

I don't about kill la kill
but Serial Experiments Lain is a original, the oneshot came after the anime so it's okai ^^ have fun watching
Jul 8, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2014
LogiRogi said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362808&show=250#post260

Here's the link. I have some ideas for some of the some of the blank entries, but none of them are completed as of yet.

If possible I'd like a cour or less of short length episodes (10 minutes or less), six or less OVAs of regular length episodes, or a 2 hour or less movie. I guess I wouldn't mind watching a single cour if the show was really good. Thanks for any help.
ONA: Inferno Cop
Year joined or later: Teekyuu
Non romantic relationships: Tamayura
Professional: Aki no Kanade
Original: Urawa no Usagi-chan
Jul 8, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
KimmyChii said:
Chiroe said:

I don't about kill la kill
but Serial Experiments Lain is a original, the oneshot came after the anime so it's okai ^^ have fun watching

Thanks for clearing it up. I forget to check the release date sometimes ^^;;
Jul 8, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2014
KimmyChii said:
Died_in_Vain said:

Question 2: » Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)

What anime staff? I'm not sure I got this well... so an example will help.

3: » Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)

I skimmed through page 14 in hopes to find what some people meant by cours and I assume one cour = 13 episodes? Two cours = 25 while the 3 = being over 40? Am I correct?

I apologize if I asked a question you already gave an answer too.

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I would appreciate if someone recommended me an anime assuming that I haven't seen it yet.
Jul 8, 2015 4:25 PM

Oct 2014
Died_in_Vain said:
KimmyChii said:

Question 2: » Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)

What anime staff? I'm not sure I got this well... so an example will help.

3: » Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)

I skimmed through page 14 in hopes to find what some people meant by cours and I assume one cour = 13 episodes? Two cours = 25 while the 3 = being over 40? Am I correct?

I apologize if I asked a question you already gave an answer too.

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I would appreciate if someone recommended me an anime assuming that I haven't seen it yet.
Anime staff is mostly voice actors, but it also includes Adolf Hitler and Hatsune Miku. Three cour is 36+ episodes (I believe). I'm using Death Note for that challenge. I know that some people will use 100+ episode anime for it.
Jul 8, 2015 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Can I ask for some recommendations for parts of the challenge?

Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe

Also, I do not understand the question which states "Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge" Can someone please explain it and therefore give me a recommendation?

Thank you!!
Jul 8, 2015 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
Goferu said:
Can I ask for some recommendations for parts of the challenge?

Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe

Also, I do not understand the question which states "Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge" Can someone please explain it and therefore give me a recommendation?

Thank you!!
That challenge uses MAL's recommendation system. Look at the page for whatever anime you used for the challenge and gave the highest score to and pick one of the recommendations.
Jul 8, 2015 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
I'm a little confused on this.

There is one part of the challenge that says "Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher", and I'm not sure if it's referring to the manga or the anime that has the score of 8.0+.

If someone can help me out, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Jul 8, 2015 7:01 PM

Oct 2014
KomoriKirii said:
I'm a little confused on this.

There is one part of the challenge that says "Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher", and I'm not sure if it's referring to the manga or the anime that has the score of 8.0+.

If someone can help me out, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
The manga has to be rated 8.0 or higher. Unless it gets a poor adaption the anime will likely also be 8.0 or higher.
Jul 8, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2013
I need help finding an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Jul 8, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 2011
ONA: Inferno Cop
Year joined or later: Teekyuu
Non romantic relationships: Tamayura
Professional: Aki no Kanade
Original: Urawa no Usagi-chan
Oh god, Teekyuu. As much as I'd like to hear more HanaKana, it's so quick I can't handle it. I've already finished Inferno Cop, Tamayura, and Usagi, but thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen Aki no Kanade and could give it a shot. I plan to watch Whiplash today, so I guess it's time to drum.

Do you mean you want to watch this one??

if you want another look at this one It a one of a kind,(i have not found something like this one)
I definitely wouldn't mind watching that Hanako (though it'll probably be more comedy than horror) but I can't seem to find one with subs. I'd watch the other one but I'm a bit lazy with 30 or so shows every week, apparently. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

KomoriKirii said:
Why not give Tsuritama a shot? Duck! http://myanimelist.net/anime/12883/Tsuritama

You could always get around to watching Dantalian. But if you're using that for something else, this one features a cute loli in France: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9938/Ikoku_Meiro_no_Crois%C3%A9e
Jul 8, 2015 10:57 PM

Sep 2010
» Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length

Does it have to be a single entry that's 3+ cour in length (e.g., GTO or Nana) or could I use a series where it's 3+ cour total but is split as different entries (e.g., Dog Days or Psycho-Pass)?

I guess while I'm here I might as well ask for recommendations. Preferably one-cour.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Jul 9, 2015 4:20 AM

Jan 2011
KomoriKirii said:

i saw you watched the first season from Free, you could watch the second season. If you want a new one i would say Baccano! (bout a lot of diff non romantic),Arslan Senki (TV)(it's still airing, but really good, about loyalty to each other), Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!(random interaction's from 5 highschool boys and bromance) Kimi to Boku.(bout 5 boys in high school/ slice of life/comendy) i hope this helps,

DarkFaerie said:

Does it have to be a single entry that's 3+ cour in length (e.g., GTO or Nana) or could I use a series where it's 3+ cour total but is split as different entries (e.g., Dog Days or Psycho-Pass)?

They mean the single entry.

DarkFaerie said:

I guess while I'm here I might as well ask for recommendations. Preferably one-cour.

You like comedy in your faves so you will (probably) like Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? it 10 episodes and neat animation and good character description. Have fun watching~!
Jul 9, 2015 8:13 AM

Jan 2011
I've two questions bout

» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
What do i do with this?? i don't get it at al...
&&
 » Watch an anime that has a verb in its title
i could use some help with this.. i don't understand the "verb" part i looked up, but how can i know it's a verb? I could use a example or a recommendation.
Jul 9, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
KimmyChii said:
I've two questions bout

» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
&&
i could use some help with this.. i don't understand the "verb" part i looked up, but how can i know it's a verb? I could use a example or a recommendation.

For the recommendation challenge, you gotta look at the anime you used for the challenge that you rated the highest, and look at the recommended anime for that anime. Took me a while to get, too. xD

And for the verb challenge, some examples would be:
Strike the Blood
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?
Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts

The English names can be used.
Jul 9, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
MillieAndretti90 said:
KimmyChii said:
I've two questions bout

&&

For the recommendation challenge, you gotta look at the anime you used for the challenge that you rated the highest, and look at the recommended anime for that anime. Took me a while to get, too. xD

And for the verb challenge, some examples would be:
Strike the Blood
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?
Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts

The English names can be used.

I see thank you,
Just watched Dungeon, will use baka no test for the verb, thanks :)
Jul 9, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2010
KimmyChii said:

DarkFaerie said:

They mean the single entry.

DarkFaerie said:

You like comedy in your faves so you will (probably) like Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? it 10 episodes and neat animation and good character description. Have fun watching~!

Thank you! I've been meaning to watch that series for a while now.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Jul 9, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
1. Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character (e.g. megane, tsundere)
Q: Does Trap (Tachibana Hotaru from Aoharu x Kikanjuu) count as archetype?

2.Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
Q: I don't understand this at all.
Jul 9, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
EeveeAndFriends said:

For 2, go to TVTropes. There is a "random" button near the search bar. Press that and watch an anime listed under the random trope that appears.

Btw, for 1, I'd say yes.
Jul 9, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
EeveeAndFriends said:

Yeah, go to tvtropes.org and there should be a button with a dice with the word 'Trope' on it next to the search bar. Under the trope description, there should be a category of "Anime and Manga" (click it again if you don't see any, which will probably happen), find an anime name and y'all know what to do!
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 9, 2015 5:12 PM
Jul 2014
Would Durarax2 count for three cours even though not all of the cours are out yet?
Jul 10, 2015 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Exanimem said:
Would Durarax2 count for three cours even though not all of the cours are out yet?

No, it has to be one entry.
Jul 10, 2015 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
EeveeAndFriends said:

For 2, go to TVTropes. There is a "random" button near the search bar. Press that and watch an anime listed under the random trope that appears.

Btw, for 1, I'd say yes.

Exanimem said:
Yeah, go to tvtropes.org and there should be a button with a dice with the word 'Trope' on it next to the search bar. Under the trope description, there should be a category of "Anime and Manga" (click it again if you don't see any, which will probably happen), find an anime name and y'all know what to do!

Thank you both so much! :)
Jul 10, 2015 11:12 AM
Jul 2014
yhunata said:
Exanimem said:

No, it has to be one entry.

Alright, thank you
Jul 12, 2015 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
Quick question (and to be certain), Yowamushi Pedal is considered three-cour, right?
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 12, 2015 12:33 AM

Apr 2011
MisaTange said:
Quick question (and to be certain), Yowamushi Pedal is considered three-cour, right?

Three cours is roughly 36 episodes or so, so I guess it would.
Jul 12, 2015 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
Can anyone recommend me some anime (preferablely one-cour or less) in these categories :

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)
Jul 13, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
eien1999 said:
Can anyone recommend me some anime (preferablely one-cour or less) in these categories :

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)

you could watch free, binan koukou, Barakamon, Death Parade, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? all are one cour (although free has a second season)

As early works just seek a anime you where you like the ost, i watched Cossette no Shouzou and composer Kajiura, Yuki.
if you like a move you could look at Miyazaki, Hayao, most of his films are amazing like Tonari no Totoro ^^ i watched it as kid a lot
Hope you like some of them
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 8 hours ago

33 by aikaflip »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

34 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

19 by BitChilly »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

45 by Coaghim »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 9 hours ago

12 by rohan121 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.