Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
 
#1
Mar 16, 2015 10:44 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5086


You may find the Sign Up thread (along with more information about this challenge) here!


What can be posted in this thread?
  • Questions about the challenge.
  • Recommendations (giving/asking) for certain items of the challenge list.
  • Discussion about how far you are through your list and/or special restrictions you may want to set for yourself.

What should not be posted in this thead?
  • Discussion about anime with no purpose relating to the challenge; this is not an anime chat thread.
  • Discussing recent episodes, plot points or fallacies of specific anime; please use the discussion threads in the respective series' sub-boards.
  • Chatting and other off-topic discussions.

Please keep this thread on the topic of the challenge itself. If this thread continually derails into specific anime discussion or turns into an anime chat thread, we will be forced to close it down. I don't want to see this happen.

And please edit your posts instead of double posting!
Modified by Kineta, Mar 17, 2015 2:56 AM



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
#2
Mar 16, 2015 11:09 AM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12117
first

can someone give me a recommendation? anything 2 cour or less is fine <3
 
#3
Mar 16, 2015 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 23922
JOAOAA said:
first

can someone give me a recommendation? anything 2 cour or less is fine <3

The Tatami Galaxy.
 
#4
Mar 16, 2015 11:11 AM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12117
cool ty
 
#5
Mar 16, 2015 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16197
zerg's is still better
 
#6
Mar 16, 2015 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13356
romagia said:
zerg's is still better

Hear hear

It's more challenging, if anything.
 
#7
Mar 16, 2015 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22606
Does ova count for an anime?
 
#8
Mar 16, 2015 11:20 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5086
If someone else had wanted to make a public, non-club, anime challenge then we would have gone with that one instead of creating one ourselves. Sadly, no one did.

At the end of this version, we'll probably try to collect ideas for criteria for next year. You always help contribute then, if you'd like.

ichii_1 said:
Does ova count for an anime?
Sign said:
Each DB entry can only be used once. This does mean that you can use split-cours series, multiple seasons, and OVA/specials of franchises to fill up your criteria if need be. Still, do try to complete your list without "double dipping", as that's much more of a challenge~
^ I think answers your question.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 11:27 AM



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
#9
Mar 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8734
For the sake of fairness could you make it so that a staff member can't use their own favourites for "Watch a staff member's favorite anime"
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Monthly light novel sales ranks (from Jan 2015)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
Holy shit this is going to be fun!
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:25 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5086
Any staff members who participate won't use their own favourites list to try and complete that item. That'd be really silly of them. I don't think we need to write that into the text though, since it doesn't apply to most participants, right?



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
Kineta said:
Any staff members who participate won't use their own favourites list to try and complete that item. That'd be really silly of them. I don't think we need to write that into the text though, since it doesn't apply to most participants, right?


I think it's pretty self explanatory.

For my anime movie I'm going to finally watch Akira. :D
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:28 AM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12117
@Kineta Shirokuma cafe better not be a disappointment
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
Can we ask for anime suggestions in this thread to help complete our lists?
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8299
Got 7 shows this time- the most I've ever started watching in a season before.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
Syndiciate said:
Kineta said:
Any staff members who participate won't use their own favourites list to try and complete that item. That'd be really silly of them. I don't think we need to write that into the text though, since it doesn't apply to most participants, right?


I think it's pretty self explanatory.

For my anime movie I'm going to finally watch Akira. :D

Same

Btw can we update the list on the sign up form if we're still watching the anime if we put a tag on it (ie: Akira [watching]) because I can't keep track of all of them.
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:35 AM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12117
HasHash said:
Btw can we update the list on the sign up form if we're still watching the anime if we put a tag on it (ie: Akira [watching]) because I can't keep track of all of them.

I presume it's ok, I've been doing that with the reading challenge/planning to do it with this one
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
HasHash said:
Syndiciate said:


I think it's pretty self explanatory.

For my anime movie I'm going to finally watch Akira. :D

Same

Btw can we update the list on the sign up form if we're still watching the anime if we put a tag on it (ie: Akira [watching]) because I can't keep track of all of them.


I was just going to start from scratch and add them as I go and not give them a tag so I could tell them apart but for people like you who have different rating systems that's probably a good idea.
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 348
Guess I'll kick off my challenge with ' Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu'

Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke- Bc Suwabe Junichi
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:37 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5086
JOAOAA said:
@Kineta Shirokuma cafe better not be a disappointment
That's a lot of pressure! It's a slice of life, comedy, friendship series that relies a lot on boke/tsukkomi-type humour. If you don't like that, I'd recommend looking at a different staff member...

Syndiciate said:
Can we ask for anime suggestions in this thread to help complete our lists?
Yes, this thread is for discussing possible anime to meet certain criteria. Some items will be harder to find good anime for than others.

HasHash said:
Btw can we update the list on the sign up form if we're still watching the anime if we put a tag on it (ie: Akira [watching]) because I can't keep track of all of them.
Yep, go for it. Your sign-up form is to use how you like until it's time to turn in.



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
Syndiciate said:
I was just going to start from scratch and add them as I go and not give them a tag so I could tell them apart but for people like you who have different rating systems that's probably a good idea.

I would do that that too but I watch several anime at once so this would be much easier.

Kineta said:
HasHash said:
Btw can we update the list on the sign up form if we're still watching the anime if we put a tag on it (ie: Akira [watching]) because I can't keep track of all of them.
Yep, go for it. Your sign-up form is to use how you like until it's time to turn in.

Cool

Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 11:43 AM
 
Mar 16, 2015 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 135
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
slashitup101 said:
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
Rosario Vampire if you're looking for an anime with two cours. Where is that requirement?

It feels weird to be posting and having fun in a serious thread. Weird but... Nice...

Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 12:30 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10551
sigh... for the tv troupe challenge i got porn names. Nice. Re rolling that or do i have to keep it?

any recommendations with one cour? [I have the attention span of a squirrel.]
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13089
This actually looks really fun, I've been in kind of a slump as to what to watch lately so this will give me plenty of new ideas.

slashitup101 said:
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
This is 26 episodes, if you enjoy space operas then I'd say it's well worth throwing onto PTW - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2002/Heroic_Age
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
Ranoom said:
sigh... for the tv troupe challenge i got porn names. Nice. Re rolling that or do i have to keep it?

any recommendations with one cour? [I have the attention span of a squirrel.]
You have to keep it. :P How long are you ok with the cour being?

Ratohnhaketon said:
This actually looks really fun, I've been in kind of a slump as to what to watch lately so this will give me plenty of new ideas.
slashitup101 said:
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
This is 26 episodes, if you enjoy space operas then I'd say it's well worth throwing onto PTW - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2002/Heroic_Age

I needed one too. Thanks Rat.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 12:31 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10551
Syndiciate said:
Ranoom said:
sigh... for the tv troupe challenge i got porn names. Nice. Re rolling that or do i have to keep it?

any recommendations with one cour? [I have the attention span of a squirrel.]


You have to keep it. :P How long are you ok with the cour being?


Nice try :P it said i can but my bad, I didn't read the tip below it. I'm okay with anime up to 13-20 eps. I'm okay with any genre.
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
Ranoom said:
sigh... for the tv troupe challenge i got porn names. Nice. Re rolling that or do i have to keep it?

any recommendations with one cour? [I have the attention span of a squirrel.]


Dance in the Vampire Bund was one cour. If you find yourself not enjoying it well... It's short.
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11193
Isn't the point of these things to strongarm people into watching shows they wouldn't necessarily watch otherwise?
I don't agree with that.
Okashi_sama said:
romagia said:
zerg's is still better

Hear hear

It's more challenging, if anything.
I don't understand.

Is being a leech now a skill? What is the challenge involved?
I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!
 
Mar 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10551
thanks!
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 747
Some questions:

1. Can I use anime I started watching in 2014 but haven't finished yet?

2.
Loxaris said:
Ongoing anime can only be used if the series is still airing after Dec 31 or the series is longer than two-cours. In this case, you must be fully up-to-date with all of the aired/subbed episodes when you turn in your challenge.


What does this mean? If an anime isn't still airing after Dec 31, it's not ongoing, is it? Or does this mean I can't use any anime that airs in 2015?

3.
» Watch an anime that someone on your friends' list rated a 10


What happens if they change their rating?
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 135
Syndiciate said:
slashitup101 said:
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
Rosario Vampire if you're looking for an anime with two cours. Where is that requirement?

It feels weird to be posting and having fun in a serious thread. Weird but... Nice...

Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.


Thanks! Looking at your list, I would recommend you give Shinsekai Yori a try.
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30803
Someone please recommend me something, thanks!
I'd be glad to recommend something back.

And I got this for the TVTropes challenge, which is pretty awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MaskedLuchador


Gentlemen will walk but never run.


 
Mar 16, 2015 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 348
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Someone please recommend me something, thanks!
I'd be glad to recommend something back.

And I got this for the TVTropes challenge, which is pretty awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MaskedLuchador



Romeo no Aoi Sora- It's on your ptw, and since you gave the Les Misérables adaptation from the same company an 8; I think you might enjoy it.


Ah while I'm at it, can I ask for some recommendations from you guys as well? :)
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 135
Ratohnhaketon said:
This actually looks really fun, I've been in kind of a slump as to what to watch lately so this will give me plenty of new ideas.

slashitup101 said:
Can someone participating (as in, signed up) please give me a rec? Preferably something that is one or two cour, and isn't in my PTW. I'll return the favour!
This is 26 episodes, if you enjoy space operas then I'd say it's well worth throwing onto PTW - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2002/Heroic_Age


I'll give it a try! It will probably be among my first space-opera tbh :P

Finding a recommendation for you was pretty difficult, since you've watched a lot! I'm gonna recommend you check out Senyuu. and Sabagebu! which are both really great comedies! Have fun :)
Modified by slashie101, Mar 16, 2015 1:37 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
Someone throw me a rec too, I'll do the same.
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30803
ApplePhi said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Someone please recommend me something, thanks!
I'd be glad to recommend something back.

And I got this for the TVTropes challenge, which is pretty awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MaskedLuchador



Romeo no Aoi Sora- It's on your ptw, and since you gave the Les Misérables adaptation from the same company an 8; I think you might enjoy it.


Thanks, I wanted to watch that anyway after Ie Naki Ko so that's perfect <3.

HasHash said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Someone please recommend me something, thanks!
I'd be glad to recommend something back.

And I got this for the TVTropes challenge, which is pretty awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MaskedLuchador


[url=]http://myanimelist.net/anime/45/Rurouni_Kenshin:_Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan] Rurouni Kenshin. (One of my childhood favorites)[/url]

Hit me with something good :)


Kenshin is on my dropped list since I had already read the manga 3 or 4 times when I gave it a try and I couldn't stand Kenshin's VA. Thanks though.

Our compatability is kinda low and judging from your favorites and dropped list I might not be in a position to recommend you something you'll like, but I'll try. Since you seem to somewhat enjoy sports anime I'd say Major since it's my favorite sports anime ever (aside from maybe Ashita no Joe). It's really good.


Gentlemen will walk but never run.


 
Mar 16, 2015 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
HasHash said:


Rurouni Kenshin. (One of my childhood favorites)

Hit me with something good :)

Kenshin is on my dropped list since I had already read the manga 3 or 4 times when I gave it a try and I couldn't stand Kenshin's VA. Thanks though.

Our compatability is kinda low and judging from your favorites and dropped list I might not be in a position to recommend you something you'll like, but I'll try. Since you seem to somewhat enjoy sports anime I'd say Major since it's my favorite sports anime ever (aside from maybe Ashita no Joe). It's really good.

Actually I was planing to watch Major for a while now after I finished One Outs, Thanks :)
Modified by HasHash, Mar 16, 2015 1:45 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 1:42 PM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5086
@Tacas:

1. Can I use anime I started watching in 2014 but haven't finished yet?
Nope. It wouldn't be a 2015 challenge if you could include stuff you watched in 2014 :P You'd have to restart from ep 1.

2.
Loxaris said:
Ongoing anime can only be used if the series is still airing after Dec 31 or the series is longer than two-cours. In this case, you must be fully up-to-date with all of the aired/subbed episodes when you turn in your challenge.
What does this mean? If an anime isn't still airing after Dec 31, it's not ongoing, is it? Or does this mean I can't use any anime that airs in 2015?
All anime you add to your challenge list must be completed, except for:
 a. Series which are more than two-cours (24+ episodes) in length. For example, let's say you decided to pick up Fairy Tail (2014). It's more than 24+ and still airing, so if you caught up to all released episodes, then you could count this as completed when you turn in your list.
 b. Series which are not longer than two-cours but air beyond the Dec 31 challenge deadline. So say you pick up a Fall 2015 series for your challenge list that is two-cours long. This series won't end until after Dec 31. As long as you are up-to-date with the episodes, you can mark it as completed in Dec.

... I hope this is clearer now ...

3.
» Watch an anime that someone on your friends' list rated a 10
What happens if they change their rating?
That's okay, you don't need to watch a new anime if they change it. Can just make a note (and give them a chop for it).
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 1:48 PM



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 12600
"Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)"

But I don't even rate any anime though.

Anyway, guys, please rec me some anime.
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 747
Thank you for the clarification!

Now I need a recommendation. I like time travel, preferably something with little to no fantasy which is set in our universe. If you think there is an anime I absolutely need to watch because it perfectly fits to my tastes, that's fine too of course!
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6015
Not sure if I'll be able to finish this challenge as I've never even come close to watching 20 anime in 1 year, but since I've actually already watched more anime this year than I've ever done before (been able to fill out 6 entries already) I'll be shooting for the easy challenge.

ApplePhi said:
Guess I'll kick off my challenge with ' Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu'

Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke- Bc Suwabe Junichi


That's a good one. I watched it recently and really liked it.

Tacas said:
Thank you for the clarification!

Now I need a recommendation. I like time travel, preferably something with little to no fantasy which is set in our universe. If you think there is an anime I absolutely need to watch because it perfectly fits to my tastes, that's fine too of course!


Steins;Gate fits that criteria, and it's really good too.
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 747
Milennin said:
Steins;Gate fits that criteria, and it's really good too.


That would be a great recommendation if I hadn't watched it already.
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 12600
Tacas said:
Milennin said:
Steins;Gate fits that criteria, and it's really good too.


That would be a great recommendation if I hadn't watched it already.
Zipang.
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8090
I need a recommendation from the last copule of years for (Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge) that doesn't require days of search and isn't a harem, yuri, yaoi or ecchi.
Thanks.
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 649
Is there a way to quickly show completed anime since 1/1/2015 ?
 
Mar 16, 2015 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 522
Okiura said:
Is there a way to quickly show completed anime since 1/1/2015 ?


If you have filled out the starting and end dates when adding Anime to your list you can view them on the History page on Malgraph.
Good thing I did this. Now I can already strike a few items from the list.
 
Mar 16, 2015 3:04 PM
Otaku Whisperer

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3315
Okiura said:
Is there a way to quickly show completed anime since 1/1/2015 ?

Assuming you haven't updated your list entry since, if you click the more button to the right of the name of the anime/manga, the last updated date will be the date of completion. Not a perfect way to find out, but assuming you have an idea of what you've watched it's a quick way to confirm it.

Since I'm playing this game for some reason, I guess I need a recommendation(s) from someone ITT.
 
Mar 16, 2015 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 649
Yzeelb said:
Okiura said:
Is there a way to quickly show completed anime since 1/1/2015 ?


If you have filled out the starting and end dates when adding Anime to your list you can view them on the History page on Malgraph.
Good thing I did this. Now I can already strike a few items from the list.

No I never did it. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Lancehot said:
Okiura said:
Is there a way to quickly show completed anime since 1/1/2015 ?

Assuming you haven't updated your list entry since, if you click the more button to the right of the name of the anime/manga, the last updated date will be the date of completion. Not a perfect way to find out, but assuming you have an idea of what you've watched it's a quick way to confirm it.

Thanks
Modified by Okiura, Mar 16, 2015 3:19 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 747
worldeditor11 said:
Zipang.


Huh. Not what I was expecting but it does seem quite interesting. Studio Deen though. Oh well, why not. Thank you!

Praland said:
I need a recommendation from the last copule of years for (Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge) that doesn't require days of search and isn't a harem, yuri, yaoi or ecchi.
Thanks.


http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_(2012)
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »