Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 14, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
This system is pretty dumb because those that get reincarnated will die eventually and be sent here again and then they will be judged again and its only a matter of time till they get sent to the void.

So what's the point if they just end up in the void eventually? Especially since those extreme circumstances are not there to bring out the darkness of the human soul, but rather, it creates it.
Mar 14, 2015 4:34 PM

Jun 2012
I'm so glad I watched Death Billiards before Death Parade started airing.

We finally find out Onna's name! Chiyuki suits her. :)

It looks like Nona is in trouble. :o I'm really looking forward to the last two episodes!
N☆ 

Mar 14, 2015 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Quite the heartwarming episode.
I'm curious about how this will end.
Mar 14, 2015 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, lighter and less dramatic than previous episodes, but still with sentimentality present in story, there were also references to remember of Death Billiards, was good to see a character like the old lady

It was revealed the name and a little of the past of Onna, I am increasingly curious about how will be the final development of the anime, which is already among the best of the season ..
Mar 14, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
I love how this entire episode was a blatant reference to Death Billiards, the origin of this series, while also progressing the main plot. Very well done. I love it.
Mar 14, 2015 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
That was a really chill ep. Kind of beautiful in its own way. Drastically different from the last 2 episodes.

So Onna's real name is Chiyuki. And we learned she's starting to become a dummy as her human soul loses its ability to stay in the afterlife.

People mentioned that the grandma this episode is the wife of the grandpa in the OVA, which I haven't watched. People also mentioned that he went to the void...I wonder what happened for that to occur...

Learning about more of the significance of Chavot was kind of cool. That's had me curious for a while.

The old guy...wtf is he a fucking parasyte? Goddamn flower turned into a face eating monster. That was creepy. He seems like he might be an antagonist.

Those last few seconds at the end with dickhead asshole Ginti. It almost looks like he used his water powers to make a dummy out of that idol guy who was with Mayu. Knowing that Ginti is a piece of shit and also an antagonist, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the dummy just to mess with Mayu's head.
Mar 15, 2015 3:32 AM

May 2013
So Sachiko is the wife of the old man from Death Billards? Awesome.
Onna finds out her real name is Chiyuki, while Oculus will cause some trouble.
Pretty chill episode; hopefully we'll find out more about Chiyuki and hopefully Oculus doesn't do some shit.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 15, 2015 4:18 AM

May 2009
From official site:
Chiyuki
CV: Asami Seto
A highly skilled competitive ice skater who had a bright future ahead of her.
When her career was cut short by an unexpected injury, her relationships with her good friends and her family suffered as a result. .

Mar 15, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
From official site:
Chiyuki
When her career was cut short by an unexpected injury, her relationships with her good friends and her family suffered as a result. .

Didn't expect this at all. Kind of expected her to be more...plain. Damn now I want to know more about her.
Mar 15, 2015 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, that was astounding. Tying this episode into the Death Billiards OVA was simply magnificent. There was a type of somber melancholy to this episode... really calm yet somehow painful.

This is the only weekly show I've watched in a year where every episode is over before I know it... gah.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 15, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2013
Her husband was a boss so you know she was amazing as well. I want all the mysteries to be revealed but at the same time don't want it to end..
Mar 15, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
From official site:
Chiyuki

That is some interesting information, and makes sense in regards to the show's OP and her interest in Chavvo as well.

That said, I am still wondering why they would bring this lady up to play with Onna/Chiyuki. I thought the prerequisite for being judged together was that you had to die at the same time. Does this mean that Chiyuki died at the moment that something happened to the old lady as well? I'm really curious to know how and why she ended up dead.

Is it just me, or did this episode subconsciously give a shout out to the lot of recently passed mangakas (in the recent few years) with that speech of the old lady? I thought it was a real great speech, props to the animators if my assumption is correct.

I wonder what Occulus meant when he kinda brushed off Nona's efforts in instilling emotions into Decim. Looking forward to the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 15, 2015 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Chiyuki.... Dont go :'(

Mar 15, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
The Old man from Death Billbards is his wife : 0

So she helped bring Chikyuki's memories back
Mar 15, 2015 2:26 PM
Apr 2014
hmm what exactly did he base his judgement for the lady on? It was a nice episode but I think the "extreme situation"-approach made more sense for their purpose.

I mean he was right with what he was saying(creating darkness rather than revealing it etc) but the judgement this episode was more or less based on nothing. The lady could have been an insane murderer who is just really nice to people in front of her.

Well at least the girl isn't nameless anymore. Also I'm wondering what Nona wanted with her memories.
NanashiMar 15, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 15, 2015 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Nanashi- said:
hmm what exactly did he base his judgement for the lady on? It was a nice episode but I think the "extreme situation"-approach made more sense for their purpose.

Well at least the girl isn't nameless anymore. Also I'm wondering what Nona wanted with her memories.

Nashi <3

Is it really you?
Mar 15, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
Oculus' eyes creep me out.
Mar 16, 2015 1:23 AM

Mar 2013
One question, I know this has been covered in a previous ep but I've forgotten already >.< What exactly are those bags of crystals and what is the purpose of putting them into a frame? In the preview for the next ep we see this being done to Chiyuki's life crystals, so I was just curious :o
Mar 17, 2015 3:03 AM
Nov 2010
Interesting episode setting up and opening way to the last two which I'm looking forward to.
Mar 17, 2015 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
A much more relaxed episode than the last too which is nice in its own way. Onna finally remembers her name; Chiyuki is a nice name.

The old lady is the wife of the old man from Death Billiards? Wow that was an awesome way to connect them. I really hoped I'll get to know more about what the old man did to get sent into the void tbh but it was still okay.

Oculus knows everything now and this could be quite interesting. I do wonder however what did Decim mean exacly with the "tell me everything" was it about human emotions or about the past that she remembers?

Ginti at the end was creepy, the guy's outfit reminded me of the guy idol but it can't be him again can it?
Mar 17, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like Oculus is going to try to sabotage Decim's goal of judgement within the next two episodes just so he could play billiards with Nona.
Mar 18, 2015 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
A calm and warm episode. Onna remember is name : Chiyuki. I hope Decim will be still here in the next episodes, Oculus scares me :/
Mar 18, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
Chiyuki, finally. She remembered her name.
And everything just got more fishy~
Mar 18, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2009
I liked this episode very much. Finally I notice some progress in the character now known as Chiyuki/Onna. The grandmother was probably one of the sweetest grandmother's ever. I really loved her relaxing character.
Last but not least I liked how Decim got more interested in humans than before!
Will be wondering how everything ends.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 18, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Zyukichan said:
I liked this episode very much. Finally I notice some progress in the character now known as Chiyuki/Onna. The grandmother was probably one of the sweetest grandmother's ever. I really loved her relaxing character.
Last but not least I liked how Decim got more interested in humans than before!
Will be wondering how everything ends.

Where is that doggie in your avvy+sig set from?
Mar 18, 2015 11:52 PM

Nov 2014
Episode 10/12 and I'm STILL not quite able to trust the writers of this show, haha. I'm definitely enjoying the ride, but holy hell they seem to have dug themselves a hole. A lot needs to be wrapped up in two episodes, and I have a feeling that there'll be some missed potential whatever happens... :/ But we shall see.

Loved the episode, though~ Almost glad I'm running a bit behind so I only have to wait two days. x'D
"This time, I'll take you to a much better place than lousy ol' Helheim."
Petition for Rage of Bahamut Season 2.
Mar 19, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really digging the main plot right now, but how are they going to wrap this up in 2 episodes?
From what I'm hearing this show isn't getting a second season too, what a shame.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 19, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
MasterMeNL said:
I'm really digging the main plot right now, but how are they going to wrap this up in 2 episodes?
From what I'm hearing this show isn't getting a second season too, what a shame.

I'm wondering that too. If they're really going to deal with Chiyuki's backstory then there's no way to actually do something with the whole purgatory plot. Even if Decim decides to change the judgement process he would need a God Ex-Machina to actually do something since he's just and arbiter and apparently no one else is interested in helping.

I just wish this anime would spend more time dealing with the characters of the afterlife rather than with Chiyuki and the other dead people, or just settle in one of those instead of staying something in between.
Mar 19, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode! Old lady from Death Billiards is back...well dead now, but back! :3

Definitely a really chill episode. Onna's real name is Chiyuki, and it looks like next episode we're going to find out more about her past, so excited...I don't want this to end in two more episodes. :(

Nice to see Ginti & Mayu again even if it wasn't much, but it looks like they're in next episode too. Yay! ^_^
Mar 19, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
No...
Mar 19, 2015 10:17 PM
Jul 2012
I really like this episode for its chill vibe. Looking back at the old times and remembering how things were back then.

Nice to know the old woman is the wife of that old man from death billiards. And the best thing about it is that she gave sage advice (a bit) about life. Well you get the picture hehe :D

Since Oculus found out what Nona has been doing I think he will do.....

Nothing.

I bet he will do nothing because if we remember the scene after he found out he said it was 'pointless'. The tone is not something like he-is-going-to-do-something-about-it but more like melacnholic kind of way to me. In such a way that it kinda looks like it has been done before. Seeing he is old and the boss of the operation for such a LONG TIME, there is a good chance what Nona is doing has been done in the past. Well just a theory though.

silverwalls said:
what did oculus do to clavis?

I'm pretty sure he checked what Nona's been hiding his back since she does not always play billiards with her (poor guy ): )

silverwalls said:
and was that the idol guy at the end with ginti? so he wasn't judged either...

That is not the same guy. Ginti made a clone of that person. There are bubbles before the guy showed up at that chair. The way Ginti disguise himself before Decim before.
Mar 20, 2015 10:48 AM

Oct 2008
Episode is a bit sleepyish.
So when Onna's bit of memory came back, her name is Chiyuki. cute name.
Looks like Oculus now starts having doubts and starts moving.

Mar 20, 2015 4:29 PM
Aug 2011
Aww I didn't know there's only 12 episodes. I guess we can only wish for a second season in our dreams. :( like everyone else said I liked this episode. compared to the previous one it's more relaxed and leaves you with a nice feeling that i prefer. when they did a far away shot that also showed the piano dummy right as the piano music started playing it's like the dummy is playing. neat!
Mar 21, 2015 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode, still curious as to how they will wrap this up in the next two episodes. Looking forward to it!
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Mar 21, 2015 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was very pleasant. I enjoyed this more than some of the earlier episodes' attempts to be dramatic.
Mar 21, 2015 10:14 PM

Nov 2014
Same lady as from Death Billiard, nice.

Mar 22, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
Mayu :'(

Chiyuki :'(

Decim >_<
Mar 22, 2015 9:56 AM

May 2010
My first hunch - That grandma is Onna's grandma/mom.

So her name is Chiyuki...

How they are even going to wrap it up? So much to know yet so little time.

That old man really is creepy. Villian?
Mar 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
This episode is very relaxing and interesting. The old lady is a nice break from the otherwise messed up visitors.

Oculus was kinda creepy. I liked the lotus concept though.

I also really liked this game. Never heard of Old Maid before though, but I'm thinking of playing it with friends :).
Mar 23, 2015 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
So now we know Onna's real name, Chiyuki...I wonder what was her connection with obasan...
Mar 23, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, so that was a slower episode than the past couple ones. Decim talks to Nona about his doubts but then he has to go back and judge the Assistant girl ... who now has a name, Chiyuki! Seems like a pretty chill game they played, just cards, nothing to bring out the "darkness" ... bias from Decim, maybe? Or because he was playing?
See a bit more of Chiyuki's past. So she read the Chavvot book with her mom ... seems to be pretty important. Not to mention her body falling apart is pretty scary D: Still, seems like she hasn't been judged yet ... she's gonna stick around for a bit? :O
Oculus seems to know what's been going on now, along with Nona getting Chiyuki's memories from Quin. I wonder what about them is so important?
Mar 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
"remember to die" ooh sounds ominous
i'm afraid "God" is going to get rid of decim or something... he's started to grow on me
also onna x decim i ship it

almost forgot that piano music omg my ears were eargasming i need that song now

oh and just noticed: onna's skin falling off is just like the ending with the dummies falling apart! :oo
Mar 28, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
Awwww. I like old ladies ^___^
This was a really sweet episode.
Mar 29, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
A light warming episode :) Chiyuki finally remembers a bit about herself :D Looks like Nona may be in a bit of trouble with Oculus soon.
Apr 2, 2015 1:49 AM
May 2012
Chibi Chiyuki is so cute and adorable *^*
I would love to have a chat with Obaa-san~
Creepy beard is creepy.
Apr 2, 2015 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
This week we learned a lot about Decim and Chiyuki (including her name). I'm afraid what "God" might do now that he knows what Nona did. He didn't seem happy at all.
Apr 5, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
The old lady touched my heart, so much so that I could feel myself tearing up a bit. I think it's because after all the craziness and drama (especially after the last 2 eps!), finally somebody came here who was just grateful to have lived life. She was pleased with her life and thus at peace with her death, even finding more happiness in the "afterlife" with her illustrations on those cards. I really found that beautiful. I hope her next life is even better.
Apr 5, 2015 6:43 PM

May 2012
Another very good episode, while a bit slower and less violent, it still was very lovely! Let's see what's next.
Apr 11, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
So her name is Chiyuki! I'm even more intrigued to how this show will end!
The old lady was so sweet & Decim's feelings are more & more evident!
Love this ep ♥
Apr 19, 2015 7:47 AM
Mar 2013
Wow this episode was marvellous. I feel sorry for Decim, he has to judge. I'm glad we don't have to call her "black haired woman" anymore. Chiyuki is a beautiful name.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.