Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 14, 2015 6:16 PM

Sep 2014
The feelings didn't really hit me until I saw Kaori's parents standing outside the OR, it put it in perspective for me.

It would be nice if the surgery goes well, though I won't get my hopes up.
Mirai, zura~!
Mar 14, 2015 7:54 PM
Jan 2014
she pretty much said she gonna die ,if you rember what she said she wish ,she could kiss someone goodbye before she put to sleep
Mar 14, 2015 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
Well damn, that was a feels trip. And I'm sure next week is going to be 1000x worse. I said before that her actual death isn't what's sad since they flagged her at episode 2, but it's the damn struggle to the end result that's painful.

Well considering how the manga ended it's pretty obvious how this is going to end...

But now people will also be able to see the TRUE meaning of the title "your lie in april".

Also...in case people haven't heard; on Shigatsu's main Japanese website, they posted some cryptic message like a day ago, saying if they got 10,000 tweets about something Shigatsu related (idk what it was)...then they would make a "MIRACLE" happen. (Needless to say, that goal got blown the fuck out of the water in a heartbeat.)

Now, I have no idea what "miracle" is supposed to mean. It could be something as simple as a bonus OST, or a collectable like a figure or something. But of course the BIGGEST speculation to the meaning of "miracle" is an OVA with an alternate ending where OTP gets to be happy.

It's kind of a double-edged sword. On one hand, Kaori pretty much has to die with all of the death being thrown at her. It pretty much makes 100% sense at this point. On the other hand, everyone kept ragging that Kousei wouldn't be able to evolve without tragedy...and it would be cool to see and ending where they beat out fate and all of these preconceived notions whether it's cliché or not.
Mar 14, 2015 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
A wonderfully tragic episode. For me, this was one of the only episodes where the drama and emotions didn't feel too forced. Seeing Kaori's parents outside the operating room was devastating.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 14, 2015 11:44 PM

Dec 2014
Man if Kaori dies in the next episode... there will be some serious table flipping.
Mar 15, 2015 1:34 AM

May 2012
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Mar 15, 2015 1:36 AM

Feb 2015
his mom dies so he quits playing the piano
his first love starts making him play the piano again
his first love dies

Now someone please tell me how in the actual f*** is he going to survive the pain? Even in real life that shit would cause you to go mentally insane. there is no way in hell he plays the piano anymore.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Mar 15, 2015 2:32 AM

Jan 2014
I'll see you all in therapy after next episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2015 2:45 AM
Jan 2014
i was re watching anime from begging ,episodes 12 when the death song started , after watching again even she knew she gonna die ,because they asked her what high school will u go to , she always crying with kousei she knew she gonna die ,but her goal was get kousei back to piano to play again. maybe his mom sent her to him ,to break out blaming himself ,start piano again ,i wonder if she had admit he had feeling for him ,her last days been awesome with him ,but they both waited to long ,now it's to late ,he will be sorry for not confessing to her until last episode ,i not ready what gonna happened next ,it be emotional roller coaster when it ends. Who knows maybe her death make him play since she loved music just like he did once ,if that where me i break down and cry a lot and be very depressed for long time
Mar 15, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2008
What!? She's not dead yet?...uuugghhh...it's taking so long!

Mar 15, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2012
man what an episode, I haven't cried this much in an episode before. I was literally tearing up every minute or so. Great episode, great music, just overall, I love it so much. Can't wait for the ending!
Mar 15, 2015 7:43 AM
Feb 2015
people want her to be dead

what
Mar 15, 2015 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
darkwing_uop said:

what
It's not that people want her dead per se, it's that people (including me) think her death would make the most sense, in the context of the story. It's too bad that the story progressed this way—I don't understand why it would, tbh—but it is what it is. It would feel like a copout if she lived.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 15, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

This would be ridiculously awesome, but both would be sent to "Heaven", no contest.
By the way, what is this about an alternate ending? The original is already perfect, why are they trying to mess with a good thing?

2 Days ago, the official website of Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso anime shared something about they will make a miracle if there were 10.000 twitter participant supporting them. We still don't know what they really meant of it, But most of people here including me thought it would be an alternate ending with different story than the manga itself.

Mar 15, 2015 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
Looking forward to the next episode.

This one was just the beginning. ~
Mar 15, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
This track brings the feels.

Edit: And this one. Even more.
JoshMar 15, 2015 11:53 AM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 15, 2015 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was really great, I hope we can have a proper ending (probably with lots of sobs)
Mhh, I feel kinda stupid asking this now, but.... what does Kaori have? Have they said what is her disease? Because I don't have any idea ._.
Mar 15, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
Deskachan said:
This episode was really great, I hope we can have a proper ending (probably with lots of sobs)
Mhh, I feel kinda stupid asking this now, but.... what does Kaori have? Have they said what is her disease? Because I don't have any idea ._.
I've been wondering that too. All I can think of ALS, but I'm not very well knowledgable when it comes to medicine.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 15, 2015 9:15 PM

Feb 2014
All aboard the feels train for the last episode ;-;
Mar 17, 2015 1:16 AM

Feb 2012
He should've at least asked for a handjob on the roof just in case she dies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2015 5:22 AM
Feb 2015
Deskachan said:

Most likely ALS or some form of it
Mar 17, 2015 7:07 AM
Mar 2015
This is from a Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Fanpage and they posted this
"Admin su: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso ~
- (Note: the "Miracle" doesn't say about being ova or alternative end we dont know yet but..you free to think whatever it is~ if you wish to participated~)
by "log in" into your twitter account, Hashtag: ‪#‎君嘘応援‬
and some line about your feeling or favort scene (different languages can be accepted) with the picture related with the Kimiuso anime~
HP: http://www.kimiuso.jp/nodame/"
this the link of the page:
https://www.facebook.com/ShigatsuPG

Well although it's a little bit late because they have already reached past 10k likes I just want everyone to know what the creators are planning
Mar 17, 2015 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
MagicalMahou said:
I'll see you all in therapy after next episode :D

Pffft. XD Thursday is going to be a big feels day...

kiryuuin said:
man what an episode, I haven't cried this much in an episode before. I was literally tearing up every minute or so. Great episode, great music, just overall, I love it so much. Can't wait for the ending!

Literally cried. Especially near the end of the rooftop scene. The feels were too much. And leading up to his performance.

Seiryuu2 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

This would be ridiculously awesome, but both would be sent to "Heaven", no contest.
By the way, what is this about an alternate ending? The original is already perfect, why are they trying to mess with a good thing?

2 Days ago, the official website of Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso anime shared something about they will make a miracle if there were 10.000 twitter participant supporting them. We still don't know what they really meant of it, But most of people here including me thought it would be an alternate ending with different story than the manga itself.

Interesting... I wonder... Well, I think it'll just be a feels episode. Probably.

Thank you. When will these be available for purchase or something? I really want them.

jiyoan said:
All aboard the feels train for the last episode ;-;

I've been on board for a while now...

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 17, 2015 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
vanella96 said:
Thank you. When will these be available for purchase or something? I really want them.
Do you torrent? They are already "available" for illegal download via nyaa (a torrenting site). I can message you the link if you want.

The OST will probably be available for purchase at some point, but I don't know the details.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2009
Did he spoke his thoughts out loud for her to respond that way or is she a mind reader now?

I snickered a bit when Tsubaki's sneeze brought him out of his depressing reverie but I'm like "hoping-for-the-best-but-expecting-the-worst" the entire episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 18, 2015 5:01 AM

Oct 2008
kickmesign said:
He should've at least asked for a handjob on the roof just in case she dies.

or cunnilingus if she wouldn't mind.

Mar 18, 2015 7:55 AM
Jan 2014
i just ordered you and me book and cd 56.00 at amazon i not sure if it's any good ,but i love soundtrack
Mar 18, 2015 10:47 AM

Dec 2009
This is going to end in tears I know it. I was damn close to it already. You keep playing because much like life, we can't stop once we started. Kousei will have to keep going, even without Kaori. Ugh I can't hold in the tears much longer.
Mar 18, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
I hope Kousei has a mental breakdown and becomes a psychotic piano player who is amazing but everyone is scared of (because he's a psycho).
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Mar 18, 2015 10:56 PM
Jan 2014
will find out tomorrow if they do miracle or not
Mar 19, 2015 2:07 AM
Dec 2013
Only hope this series can end very well.Doesn't matter if the ending is bad or not.I just want the ending can make me satisfy and don't regret about it.
Mar 19, 2015 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
zensunni said:
VanishingKira said:
Next episode is gonna be sad.

Yet, I expect it to be surprisingly uplifting at the same time. This series has been so fantastic.

In this episode, it seemed that almost all of "the lie" faded into nothingness as Kaori did everything short of telling Kousei her feelings directly. Her tear filled, emotional outburst about wanting to know him better as she succumb to her fear and let him hold her in the snow on the hospital roof was one of the finest moments of the series.

The Chopin piece... what can I say. I listened to the piece after reading the chapter of the manga this episode came from and the anime does it justice. It is a stunningly beautiful and emotionally rich piece of music. Chopin was truly a genius, and, quite possibly, seriously depressed! (At least based on his music...)

I would love to get the complete OST to this, with full performances of the piano pieces by the brilliant pianists they have playing for Arima, Aiza, Emi, and Nagi, not to mention the virtuoso violinist who plays Kaori's pieces.
lyfeofcarbon said:
I'm not prepared for the finale :(.

On another note its interesting too see the budget allocation in this last episode alone if you look at the animation quality of the various performances in this episode alone XD.

I don't think i can marathon this particular show before the finale. It is too sad :'(

Yes, the animation of the performances in this episode was stellar. You could see Kousei's hands producing the music with such detail. It made me wonder if it was rotoscoped and re-drawn...

I was actually referring to how the studio decided to budget the scenes with the varied technical quality of the performances in this episode. Some of the performances were given visually appealing stills that made up the majority of their performance time too the more animated segments of the main protagonist Kousei.

I enjoyed the episode no doubt and thought overall the shows quality is very good but, I just thought it was interesting too point out the budget on scenes depending on how important it is too the main narrative.

Two examples would be the quality of Kousei and Kaori's Performance (episode 4 I think) compared too the stills used when Nagi was proving her technical ability to hiroko (around 15-16)

The final is less than 7 hours away. I'm not ready :'(
Mar 19, 2015 11:35 AM

May 2014
OMG! Next Episode is going to be the final episode already :
Damn... well that escalated quickly (i watched everything at once non-stop, that's why)
-
I don't know what's going to happen next. Is Kaori going to play again? Is she going to die? Is Kousei going out with Kaori or Tsubaki? What's going to happen with Watari? All these questions are popping.
I just hope the last episode is satisfying. (its coming out in a few hours)
Mar 19, 2015 1:18 PM
Feb 2015
Idk if my heart can handle all these emotions. One more episode...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 20, 2015 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
The track that was playing during the snow scene reminded me of Mushishi for some reason.
Mar 21, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
Intense and sad...
Mar 22, 2015 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
Awws. The two of them were so cute together :') A great episode ^^
Mar 22, 2015 5:21 PM

May 2014
Not much Tsubaki these last two episodes. Made this show so much more spectacular. I guess that the sneeze isn't too bad. meh THe feels were done right great job.

4/5
Mar 23, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
xAvengerx said:
The track that was playing during the snow scene reminded me of Mushishi for some reason.
That is what I was thinking as well, definitely had that Mushishi OST vibe.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 24, 2015 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
When Kaori ask Kousei: What's your favorite anime?
If Kousei answer: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Animeception!!
Mar 25, 2015 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
At first I thought Kaori was going to play Arima the world's smallest violin, but a magical make believe one works too. My body is ready for the ending.
Mar 25, 2015 12:25 AM
Feb 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
At first I thought Kaori was going to play Arima the world's smallest violin, but a magical make believe one works too. My body is ready for the ending.

Grab a tissue or two.
Mar 29, 2015 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so close on the brink of tears.... sniff.
So depressing urgh.
Apr 2, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
Just when I was going to rant against Arima, the character finally has taken another step forward.
Narrative terms dramatic proved all too predictable, and this has not helped to ensure that the story became addictive. Drawings and animations discrete, very beautiful OST; I can not wait to savor the last episode, I hope that there is a nice twist.
Apr 2, 2015 2:39 PM
Apr 2010
I though Arima would have playes Marcia Funebre from Chopin as Kao dies. It would have been epic.
Apr 4, 2015 4:23 PM
May 2012
Well, let's just see how this will end~
But yeah, I really think that a sad end doesn't fit this Anime.
Apr 4, 2015 4:43 PM

Nov 2013
josh_ said:
darkwing_uop said:

what
It's not that people want her dead per se, it's that people (including me) think her death would make the most sense, in the context of the story. It's too bad that the story progressed this way—I don't understand why it would, tbh—but it is what it is. It would feel like a copout if she lived.

Well, seeing as how the death flags were being thrown around since basically the start of the show, I would've actually been more surprised if she lived.
Apr 5, 2015 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Takeshi and Emi are such great characters. Just saying.

Anyway I'm hoping the surgery will go well for Kaori, but idk...I have the feeling it won't...

Kousei's doing well so far, but I hope he doesn't completely lose it towards the end...

The scene where Tsubaki sneezed was so cute. Watari going "I don't know her, I don't know her..." lol
Apr 18, 2015 6:36 PM

May 2012
Oh damn that was too good and with one more episode I really fear for the worst but hope for the best! Let's see what's next.
Apr 24, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
The OST that played when Kousei and Kaori reached the roof was so perfect. I teared up numerous times throughout this episode. Kousei's performance is going to be amazing, but the chances of Kaori making it through the surgery are slim, and even if she does then the next episode will culminate with their last performance together and her dying.

Kousei's rivals and friends in the audience showing concern and willing him to pull through were also very well done scenes. And I liked how Tsubaki's sneeze is what brought him back to reality.

Next episode is going to be a tear fest :(
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.