Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2008 4:34 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
what the?! didn't Keiichi kill satoko's uncle?
why is satoko's uncle still alive?
oh, and, i really hate oishi in this episode. hehe. XD
Mar 6, 2008 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
WTF
Keiichi is delusional or what??
Apr 15, 2008 10:30 AM

Feb 2008
What's happening in this episode? It's really confusing.
May 25, 2008 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I think Keiichi killed him, Shion moved the body, and Satoko was imagining he was still there.
Jun 4, 2008 11:46 PM

Sep 2007
pime taradox! , is what I think. :P

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 6, 2008 8:41 AM

Jun 2008
WTFH#*!@$*@#$!(@$&!???? o_O o_O o_O

Isn't Satoko's uncle liek... dead?? *majorly confused* @_@

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 8, 2008 2:43 PM

May 2008
He probably rose from his grave Q_Q

Jul 11, 2008 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
DarkShines said:

i agree with piroko
it has something to do with time
the things they thought he did at the festival happened in the previous arc if you all remember
:|
so that just screws up my understanding of this plot:|
gar, takano-san is suspicious cuz when she talked to him the night before she was all 'we never met' and etc....and next day bam it was like that.
everything tht happened in the other arc happened heree:S except...in the other arc oishhi called keiichi and then they talked and such....wah this is all confusing

4 episodes done does this mean new arc? I barely understood this one:(
Jul 18, 2008 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
what, the fuck.

:P
Jul 19, 2008 11:33 PM

Mar 2008
wooo crazy wtf O.o i wonder if Satokos nii-nii (lol so cute to say it) came back and that was who was at the festival as Keiichi, they did seem alike
Jul 22, 2008 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Great keichi getting nuts??? xD omfg i cant stop watching this serie tired like hell :o anyways up to the next ep ? its a new arc right ^^

Grtz lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 7, 2008 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
And the suspense builds. o.o I'm kind of glad that the series was already complete by the time I'm watching it, I wouldn't want to wait a week to find out! I wonder what happened...is Keiichi delusional, or something intervened with Teppei's corpse or what. Takano always seems so cheerful when talking about morbid stuff, it's rather creepy. :P Oishi's a bit of a jerk in this arc, isn't he?

I'm agreeing with traed so far, maybe it's Satoshi who went to the festival? After all, in the first episode of this arc it looked like Satoshi's body (the boy's hair was blond), so maybe he gets killed later on?
Aug 18, 2008 10:18 PM

May 2008
Mindfuuuuuuuuuck!D:

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 20, 2008 9:56 AM

Sep 2008
is each arc a different storyline that happen at the same place, like multiple universes type thing, or did they all happen at the same time?

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Oct 1, 2008 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't know this series could get anymore confusing up until this point. There would to be two people who looked like Keiichi or Rena and Mion were just delusional in seeing him there since he clearly dug the grave. And he would have had to imagine killing Satoko's uncle as well. I'm assuming Takano killed the photographer. That had to have been his bike, but now she's dead. What in the world is going on here? This better not be the end to this arc!
Oct 27, 2008 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
I'm screwed.... wtf heppened? This is so confusing xD
Either it's a huge cover-up, or poor Keiichi went mad. Then again, I can be wrong :P
And a 5 episode-arc! I thought they would all last last 4 episodes. Now that you mention it, there's 26 episodes in this anime. :S
Nov 8, 2008 5:10 AM

Feb 2008
patient_senses said:
I didn't know this series could get anymore confusing up until this point. There would to be two people who looked like Keiichi or Rena and Mion were just delusional in seeing him there since he clearly dug the grave. And he would have had to imagine killing Satoko's uncle as well. I'm assuming Takano killed the photographer. That had to have been his bike, but now she's dead. What in the world is going on here? This better not be the end to this arc!

Very nice view, and a good idea!! :D

Genix said:
I'm screwed.... wtf heppened? This is so confusing xD
Either it's a huge cover-up, or poor Keiichi went mad. Then again, I can be wrong :P
And a 5 episode-arc! I thought they would all last last 4 episodes. Now that you mention it, there's 26 episodes in this anime. :S

B25Mitch said:
is each arc a different storyline that happen at the same place, like multiple universes type thing, or did they all happen at the same time?

You'll get your answers in the later episode and the clarification in the second season. ^^

LOL! Even rewatching this arc makes my mind confused. Hmmm... Gonna make a conclusion:
DO NOT open when you haven't watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai or finished the series.
babykeijiNov 8, 2008 5:36 AM
Dec 14, 2008 11:18 AM
May 2008
Akagi said:
I think Keiichi killed him, Shion moved the body, and Satoko was imagining he was still there.
why would it be shion...
Jan 2, 2009 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
x-gummybear-x said:
DarkShines said:

i agree with piroko
it has something to do with time
the things they thought he did at the festival happened in the previous arc if you all remember
:|
so that just screws up my understanding of this plot:|
gar, takano-san is suspicious cuz when she talked to him the night before she was all 'we never met' and etc....and next day bam it was like that.
everything tht happened in the other arc happened heree:S except...in the other arc oishhi called keiichi and then they talked and such....wah this is all confusing

4 episodes done does this mean new arc? I barely understood this one:(

Your explanation is very original. I'm sure Stephen King can write a novel on it.....

Remember the logo of this series, it has a blood ribbon forming a Moebius Ring (symbol of Infinity) Time loop and multiverses mixing together definitely is original (even though it's not exactly the truth...as I already sorta know the truth...) If that's true, then this could really have been Stephen King-level stuff....

And pure coincidence that I watched this episode the same as the pilot episode of Kurokami, which deals with horrible stories with people meeting another person exactly identical to them and dying shortly after....

Talking about strange stuff, I have experienced myself some weird stuffs before. It was back in high school, at the end of summer vacation, I discovered with panic that I can't find my locks. Then I was told by family that I never brought (two) locks back home. But in my memory, I was CERTAIN that I brought it home before leaving school for the summer. Therefore, they just "vanished".... And that's not the only thing that "vanished" over the years. Strangely, these objects were NEVER seen by my family other than the fact that I talked about to them about it. I wonder if I have mild delusions sometimes and these objects never existed in the first place....
wakka9caJan 2, 2009 6:44 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 26, 2009 4:26 PM

Dec 2008
ukonkivi said:
Mindfuuuuuuuuuck!D:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Feb 1, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
I'm beginning to think it wasn't the uncle who abused her or something. Satoshi seems like the culprit somehow. Oh well, I guess we'll see next episode.

Augh, and what's up with Shion appearing some arch's and not showing up in others?
Mar 26, 2009 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
Lmfao, I totally laughed when he said "Don't mind us, just carry on digging, think of us like a grove of trees"

Ah Oishi xD

~Abs
Jun 9, 2009 1:51 AM
Apr 2009
Keiichi fails as a murderer.
Jun 30, 2009 10:34 AM

May 2009
o.o so we've creepy Rena again
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 12, 2009 3:21 AM

May 2009
there's something very wrong with Takano O.o
Aug 12, 2009 7:49 PM

Aug 2007
....Amazing. I love this show. *A*
Sep 6, 2009 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
WTF is going on here!

and what a dick, that lolicon doctor! Totally believing him then suggesting they give him drugs when he's with other doctors!

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 12, 2009 11:09 AM

Jul 2009
:Confused look: Will this didn't make much sense at all.
Is Satokos uncle still alive and Keiichi just delusional?

Ooishi truly is a big a**hole in this arc though.
Oct 1, 2009 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Keiichi...isnt a very good murderer. If these were normal circumstances, and all the characters were normal and not murderers themselves, Im sure Keiichi would have been found out a long time ago. I mean, sure he planed out the murder, but he didn't plan any alibis or excuses as to what he was doing other than killing someone. He was practically giving himself away every chance he got. So yeah, he should probably leave the murders to the pros.

Oct 10, 2009 4:11 AM

May 2008
Why don't keiichi just go to satoko's house to see if that damn uncle is really alive FIRST? instead checking to see if the corpse is still buried in the sand-ground?
Nov 26, 2009 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
I'm so confused right now o_o and I thought that Umineko was confusing O_O
Dec 7, 2009 10:45 PM

Nov 2009
Akagi said:

Yeah.. Or the blonde lady covered for him afterwords. Because if you think about it, she ended up not being the burnt corpse in the other chapter, right? Or am I wrong..?
Dec 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Sep 2009
that's freakin confusing man :S
the guys from the police look like the ones that tried to kill him in the first arc no?
Jan 2, 2010 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, confuzzling!
I think...Keiichi killed him, Takano dug up the body and resurrected Satako's uncle, and he went home~ Maybe like when there was a demon Mion, a Mion and a Shion?
THERES A 5 IN THIS ARC!?! Oh wow! XD Takano HAS to be pulling the strings though...
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
Keichi looked like a complete idiot in this episode. Other than that - everything's nice and cool. Nothing happened, no one was killed, everyone living happily as usual. Except that poor Keichi... Seems like he suddenly developed some serious mental dissorder. I hope he'll be alright.:S
Jan 28, 2010 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
Another confusing situation with regard to dual souls, bodies, or what it was. However, I see a reference to the part of Mion and Shion when both dead and still showed up to Keiichi.

but big WTF, i don't get it. and in every part (to now there were 3) Oishi is other person, other person has other character........... i don't get it o_o
Mar 13, 2010 4:27 AM
Jan 2010
though ill say i have recently been kinda wating this half assed, it seems to really kill the imersian when they just set the bar so high and i get ready for an ending to justify me watching the show and its as if they just said "crap now what, oh lets just leave it open that will be cool. The qualiy scrips just go up and down so much
Mar 16, 2010 9:29 PM

Jan 2010
awesome episode!

At first I thought the girls knew he had killed Satoko's father and had mutually come up with a cover story in case the murder is discovered and investigated. I also thought that maybe he killed the wrong person. But now I'm not so sure. Either he really is delusional and thought he had commited the murder when in fact he didn't, or he's being punished by Oyashiro.

BTW, I think Takano killed the photographer and had his body in the trunk of her car (and this is probably what had happened in the previous arcs).
Mar 19, 2010 8:21 PM

Mar 2010
What the hell happened

what happen to the uncle

where did the gas come from

I want to know ,,,,,,,,,,,,O_0
Mar 20, 2010 12:35 PM
Feb 2010

Someone mind telling me which one is it? I was always confused with this arc, even after finishing Kai. :|

Edit:
Cesar-samaMar 20, 2010 1:28 PM
Mar 29, 2010 3:54 PM

Jan 2010
The police officer in this arc is a bad guy. It kind of suits him...
Apr 2, 2010 1:29 AM

Jan 2010
ok so the arcs are somehow connected?O.o wtf!?

i guess it's useless to try and figure anything out :\
up to ep 13 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 21, 2010 2:58 PM
Apr 2008
Ok so now I'm beginning to understand what the heck is going on.
Apr 22, 2010 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely my favourite arc so far, though I wonder what happens in the next (last?) episode of the arc...
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 15, 2010 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm longer arc this time huh?! Well,pretty good to see that the Keichi who has the main perspective in the series is the bad guy.
Jul 2, 2010 4:54 AM

Dec 2009
What the ...?
Jul 2, 2010 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
Alriiiight - that is funny. It would be more funny if in the end comes out that Keishii was dreaming how he kills the uncle :D :D it's clear it is not so, so why on earth is the dead body gone (if it was really dead)?? If it was moved from there, then why Satoko says he's alive... :?
Jul 7, 2010 4:28 AM

Mar 2010
What is going on???Where is the corpse?Hope next ep gives some answers...
Jul 14, 2010 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
Where did the corpse go...
The villain is Keiichi this time?
Jul 18, 2010 4:07 AM

Dec 2008
At first, I thought, "OH SHIT HE DIDN'T KILL THE UNCLE AND KILLED A RANDOM GUY" but then when Keichii/the officers didn't find a body, I'm totally like, "WTF."

Doppelganger Keichii...? So bizarre.

Gotta love the doctor who totally fakes Keichii out... yet totally lets him out of the hospital.

And now that Takano is dead, I also wondered about "the trunk being full"...

And then there's Satoko who says her uncle is still alive, but I think it's connected to Satoshi, too, and him being abusive...

GOD I LOVE THIS SERIES. :D It breaks my brain so hard. <3
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.