Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 8, 2015 10:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how Kanae held himself back from calling Mutsuki trash since he'll be presenting him to Tsukiyama. XD

Akira looks so badass with that Rinkaku! I hope she wins against Naki this time around. Though, I do hope he can at least taste her leg a little again. :p
Barion-Zara said:
And Hinami!!bso her name is Yatsume now? And she's boss level in Aogiri? Just meet Sasa/Kaneki already >.<

That'd be a great scene. She probably missed her Onii-chan for a long time now. :3

Torso is going Yandere for Mutsuki! Hopefully, that stab wasn't anything fatal.

Damn. That Takizawa at the end though.. Kinda feel bad for the guy. Must've been through quite a hellish experience for the past 3 years.

Good chapter. Since Takizawa is alive, can we hope Amon is too, though he might also have turned into a ghoul by now?

Mar 8, 2015 10:41 PM

Aug 2014
kunokunoichi said:
Stark700 said:

His left arm?? So Amon won't be amputated either...if he is a(/that certain) ghoul.

I knew Seidou wasn't dead. I mean, his Tarot Card is the Devil. Definitely did noT exhibit that in TG.

Prediction; Seidou will be later on be attempted to be saved by Haiseneki in the future. Probably. But Seidou will be tricked and further lost, until he sees....who is he close to? Amon? Or maybe his mentor....or something. I forgot what his name is.

Anyone think of a sort of connection happening between Torso and Mutsuki? By connection...in a way that a level of trust would be developed. Torso is obviously not after eating Mutsuki. When she ran away, he said, &quot;It's me!&quot; It's like he wanted her to recognize him and have a chat.

That's kanou arm he's chewing, maybe seidou too hungry and said "kanou give me an arm, i wanna chew it" #justkidding lol
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Mar 8, 2015 10:57 PM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.
Haize and Akira are awesome.
Can't believe what happened to Takizawa, hope that that doesn't happen to Amon but it probably did. Wonder what will their reunion with Akira be.

Need some Hinami action and a chapter to explain what happened to her and how she joined Aogiri after Anteiku raid.
Mar 8, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
Its ironic how in the latest anime episode it open with Takizawa being scared shitless of dying

and then in the last page of the latest manga chapter, he turned into a fvcking ghoul.

Dying is much better.

Mar 8, 2015 11:44 PM
Jan 2015
Is it just my delusion? Or torso 's action at this chapter really feel like he want to protect mutsuki ?
Mar 8, 2015 11:45 PM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
They prolly made Seidou eat his mother on hsi urge for eating, starrved him for 2 months GG Mommy. Killing ur own mother wouldnt make any good ur mental stability

That's Fucked up.
I love it.
Also his sister!

Mar 9, 2015 12:22 AM

Apr 2014
n0thinglasts said:
Really liked the chapter except the for last panel. I find it odd how everyone who is tortured seems to be following some trend style wise - painted nails, white hair, cracking nuckles. I liked kaneki's uniqueness and really not digging where this is heading.

Kaneki wasn't unique to begin with since most of his traits post aogiri was copied from the people that left the greatest impact on his life. The cracking knuckles isn't something original as well because Yamori copied it from his torturer and Kaneki copied it from him. As for the white hair, Arima was the first person shown to have a different hair color throughout part 1(not Kaneki) and getting white hairs due to heavy mental stress isn't that really rare.

By the way Seidou wasn't even cracking his knuckles.
Z4KMar 9, 2015 12:29 AM
Mar 9, 2015 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
Love how Kanae refused to insult Mutsuki because "he can't give Shuu trash"

Sasaki fighting in control is seriously my aesthetic...that was badass but I wouldn't mind seeing him use his kagune when he's so composed, that would be interesting

I'd probably forgotten how strong Naki was..that was brutal. He and Miza owned that front

No matter how many times I look at it, I just can't get over how insane Takizawa looks. What I really want now is Takizawa x Akira and maybe even Hinami x Akira
Mar 9, 2015 12:39 AM
Dec 2014
No offence, but is everyone on the CCG SIDE?
Mar 9, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
Radane said:

Siding with Aogiri would be pretty fucked up considering what they did so yeah.

Mar 9, 2015 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
Since Takizawa did the quinque surgery, she has the healing abilities, so I'm not 100% sure that she's dead.
Mar 9, 2015 1:05 AM

Dec 2013
im with sasaki/kaneki and anyone with him..
Mar 9, 2015 1:12 AM

Oct 2014
Radane said:

I'm in both sides
I want Hinai to take her revenge on Akira
I want Seidou to confront Akira...I want to see how will she act.

I want Suzuya to make Ayato run away with his tail between his legs
I want Sasaki to succeed as well as Shirazu

I want Urie to collapse

So yeah both sides.

@silver4000

Takizawa Seidou was a CCG member who is going trough starvation thanks to Aogiri

Mutsuki Tooru is the one that was pierced with Kanae's kagune
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Mar 9, 2015 1:34 AM
Sep 2010
Z4k, wouldn't it make more sense if the white hair and black nails were characteristic of artificial ghouls? Perhaps after adapting to their new form to a certain point, and paired with a certain amount of stress, the hair of artificial ghouls changes to white and their nails turn black.

Otherwise, if it was just stress, we should've seen way more people with white hair and black nails by now, both humans and ghouls.
Mar 9, 2015 1:35 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Z4k, wouldn't it make more sense if the white hair and black nails were characteristic of artificial ghouls? Perhaps after adapting to their new form to a certain point, and paired with a certain amount of stress, the hair of artificial ghouls changes to white and their nails turn black.

Otherwise, if it was just stress, we should've seen way more people with white hair and black nails by now, both humans and ghouls.

But then why Suzuya adn Arima have/had white hair?

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Mar 9, 2015 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
Putrescence said:

Kuro and Shiro didn't have all of those though.
I still like to believe that the White hair and black nail was combination of Large amounts of stress of Physical and Mental torture coupled with Constant abuse of a Ghoul's regeneration factor.
Seems to make logical sense on paper.Which I really like as well.

Mar 9, 2015 1:47 AM

Dec 2012
gabyta07 said:
Putrescence said:

Personally I think Arima is a "natural" white haired/platinum blond. After all, Touka and Tsukiyama's hair are purple... so it isn't much of a stretch
Mar 9, 2015 1:51 AM

Apr 2014
warriorsftw said:
gabyta07 said:

Personally I think Arima is a "natural" white haired/platinum blond. After all, Touka and Tsukiyama's hair are purple... so it isn't much of a stretch

Arima started off with Blue hair though.

Mar 9, 2015 1:54 AM

Dec 2012
kunokunoichi said:
Stark700 said:

His left arm?? So Amon won't be amputated either...if he is a(/that certain) ghoul.

I knew Seidou wasn't dead. I mean, his Tarot Card is the Devil. Definitely did noT exhibit that in TG.

Prediction; Seidou will be later on be attempted to be saved by Haiseneki in the future. Probably. But Seidou will be tricked and further lost, until he sees....who is he close to? Amon? Or maybe his mentor....or something. I forgot what his name is.

Anyone think of a sort of connection happening between Torso and Mutsuki? By connection...in a way that a level of trust would be developed. Torso is obviously not after eating Mutsuki. When she ran away, he said, "It's me!" It's like he wanted her to recognize him and have a chat.

Where are people getting this tarot card stuff? I only saw that one tumblr post about kaneki's cards but that's it.
Mar 9, 2015 1:56 AM

Oct 2014
warriorsftw said:
kunokunoichi said:

Anyone think of a sort of connection happening between Torso and Mutsuki? By connection...in a way that a level of trust would be developed. Torso is obviously not after eating Mutsuki. When she ran away, he said, "It's me!" It's like he wanted her to recognize him and have a chat.

Where are people getting this tarot card stuff? I only saw that one tumblr post about kaneki's cards but that's it.

chapter where he writes the testament...thats when the 15 appears

Mar 9, 2015 1:57 AM
Sep 2010
Didn't Suzuya dye his hair in the prequel? But stopped, and thus returned to his natural black colour, after what happened with Shinohara?

As for Arima, didn't we see him in a flashback with dark hair? Maybe his hair just turned white naturally. He is above 30 after all. And he is working a stressful job.
Mar 9, 2015 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
warriorsftw said:
kunokunoichi said:

I think this is one for Takizawa in TG.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/dce8b2abf8f8ec16677d9904d49aa44f/tumblr_nbqaciaAjp1t8etz3o4_500.jpg

Mar 9, 2015 2:05 AM
Sep 2010
Nashiro's hair did turn white after she became a ghoul. Before that, both twins had the same hair colour.
Mar 9, 2015 2:08 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Didn't Suzuya dye his hair in the prequel? But stopped, and thus returned to his natural black colour, after what happened with Shinohara?

As for Arima, didn't we see him in a flashback with dark hair? Maybe his hair just turned white naturally. He is above 30 after all. And he is working a stressful job.

So big madam had been dying his hair since he was a child???

Bc in the flashbacks is white

Mar 9, 2015 2:12 AM
Sep 2010
Yes. He was used as a toy, a doll even. After he was freed from Madam, he continued to dye his hair as it has already become his image of himself, as we see in the rest of his behaviour.
Mar 9, 2015 2:18 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Yes. He was used as a toy, a doll even. After he was freed from Madam, he continued to dye his hair as it has already become his image of himself, as we see in the rest of his behaviour.

Anyhow, where does it say in the manga that he dyed his hair?

Mar 9, 2015 2:24 AM
Sep 2010
Nowhere. Just as it doesn't say what his natural hair colour is.
Mar 9, 2015 2:27 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Nowhere. Just as it doesn't say what his natural hair colour is.

Sorry, I just thought you read it somewhere, since you say it with a lot of conviction....didn't know it was a hyphotesis :p
My bad.

Mar 9, 2015 2:30 AM
Sep 2010
I'm just trying to find an explanation for the weird hair colours. :>
Mar 9, 2015 2:35 AM

Mar 2012
hantere said:
Takizawa I can't believe it.
I was like well that's the end for him back in Tokyo ghoul.
I already though Amon would still be alive because It felt weird having him die off panel and he and Kaneki have this mirror image thing going on. So If Kaneki is an investigator now I felt that Amon would be the ghoul having their roles swapped. Akira going in like a boss. Poor Tooru someone come to the rescue.

I really like this idea, its like the Roger and Garp in One Piece.

And now that their roles are in reverse, theres that possibility that they will come to an understanding, and now Amon would feel what Kaneki went through earlier.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 9, 2015 3:25 AM

Apr 2013
That is AWESOME!
Even with the tears and pain! or because of that
Takizawa seems even worse than kaneki; his only drive as we've been shown was promotion and recognition. Not the most faithful pals out there.

awww Akira and Naki have a heartful meeting (there will be blood)

Mar 9, 2015 3:29 AM

Oct 2014
KoSparrows said:
That is AWESOME!
Takizawa seems even worse than kaneki; his only drive as we've been shown was promotion and recognition. Not the most faithful pals out there.

Actually he admired Amon, wanted to be like him. He left the "safe" area to go and "rescue" Amon.

Mar 9, 2015 3:31 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe he ends up that badly because no one teaches him the math, 1000-7?

Mar 9, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
gabyta07 said:
KoSparrows said:
That is AWESOME!

Actually he admired Amon, wanted to be like him. He left the "safe" area to go and "rescue" Amon.

right, he did. but admiration can also be a bitter pal when you're powerless, frightened and indecisive.
maybe I'm too harsh on him. inner reflections *scratches chin*

KaiserNazrin said:

probably that.
Mar 9, 2015 4:39 AM
Dec 2011
That was a good chapter, left with some good cliffhangers too. Neat seeing Haise fight with a quinque and Naki was hilarious as always.

It was both funny and odd to see torso rescue Mutsuki and then his confusion of why he was running away. It looks like it was Kanae that stabbed Mutsuki. Although I'd think he wouldn't want to injure him before giving him to Tsukiyama. Either way, hope Mutsuki is okay.

I wonder if seeing Takizawa will trigger some memories or an episode from Haise, since he resembles shiro-kaneki. From the dreams and the time he fought serpent, he seems to remember what he used to look like.
Mar 9, 2015 4:59 AM
Oct 2012
Putrescence said:
I'm just trying to find an explanation for the weird hair colours. :>

when Kaneki got white hair and black nails?
was when he turned half-ghoul? Not

That's when he began to be tortured for several days, psychologically and physically. This has happened with a characters of a series of very famous books, where he was tortured for several days and in the end got white hair too.

Kurona and Shiro twins had different hair colors, one had white hair but the other had black hair. and the half-ghoul (eto) has other hair.

then by the evidence shown in the series, turning a half-ghoul does not change the appearance of your hair, and the physical appearance of Takizawa reminiscent of Shironeki, and how Shironeki born? by torture.

There are several series in which tortured characters, are with white hair due to stress.
Mar 9, 2015 5:36 AM

Oct 2014
KoSparrows said:
gabyta07 said:

right, he did. but admiration can also be a bitter pal when you're powerless, frightened and indecisive.
maybe I'm too harsh on him. inner reflections *scratches chin*

KaiserNazrin said:

probably that.

Probably, since he showed his "faithfulness" by even being scared, he tried to save Amon.
My idea is that even thou Kaneki is weak minded...he found a way of coping with it, and that's by making other personalities his...that's was his way for staying "sane"

Takizawa in the other place has a history with ghouls, a ghoul killed his grandmother which is the reason he became a investigator, even then he was afraid, he wanted to be like Amon. He had good grades, he was a newbie, didn't know anything.
He was not like Akira who had a father who was an investigator.
Then suddenly, when he had never been inside the action, they tell him he was going to war...no preparation no nothing, probably he realized he was not made for this.
He wrote his testament like it was his duty and at the end the panic overcame him and he wrote "I do not want to die" , in fact as you see his face with the 15, you can realize he is having a panic attack.
Then, he loses his arm, what was his worst fear it seems like its going to happen, but instead he becomes a ghoul, something that ate his grandmother, probably they starved him, he started to crave meat, the same meat that his parents and grandmother were made of.
He wanted to protect them and now what he wanted was to attack them.
Toka saved Kaneki from this total control of hunger, but nobody saved Takizawa.
The CCG "abandoned" him, gave him for death. Nor Akira or Amon came for him.
We don't know is apart from this, Naki, Tatara, Eto did something to him, probably more emotional damage, he was already weak minded. And he didn't have a coping mechanism.
Plus Kanou and Eto are talking about the owl...if they gave him also some ghoul meat to make him into the owl...then things were worst, bc Tsukiyama said that it was an unstable power, the kakuja power...so you have to be really strong emotionally which Seidou is not.
At the end most likely he couldn't confront reality, so he escaped, leaving only his instincts which were "hunger"
A real sad destiny.
gabyta07Mar 9, 2015 5:44 AM

Mar 9, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
1 and 13 were the only tarot arcanas that appeared in this chapter on Mutsuki right??

I hope takizawa sees both Sasaki and Akira. their profession would force them to kill Takizawa but Akira is in dilemma and Sasaki feeling too guilty to kill fellow human-now a hhalf-ghoul.

Sasaki might kill takizawa to put him out of his misery.

Mar 9, 2015 6:00 AM

Nov 2012
Takizawa became so fucked up ... i bet Kanou made some modifications xD.
Mar 9, 2015 6:06 AM
Aug 2012
asdlolxd_ said:
Takizawa became so fucked up ... i bet Kanou made some modifications xD.

Perhaps they made him eat his entire family.
Mar 9, 2015 6:11 AM

Oct 2014
Gamer6 said:
1 and 13 were the only tarot arcanas that appeared in this chapter on Mutsuki right??

I hope takizawa sees both Sasaki and Akira. their profession would force them to kill Takizawa but Akira is in dilemma and Sasaki feeling too guilty to kill fellow human-now a hhalf-ghoul.

Sasaki might kill takizawa to put him out of his misery.

tarot numbers are subjective, if you see them that's ok, they are probably there or there aren't there.
Make a hyphotesis on it :D
Personally I haven't seen any tarot number in :RE
Tarot numbers were very clear, it wasn't something you have to look...like the 13 of Suzuya is very clear, its on his hair.
Takizawa 15 on his tear is very clear
and the 12 of Kaneki on his arms is also very clear.
But everyone has their opinion on the matter :D

Mar 9, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
Just curious is this the Person who won a Cameo in that Tokyo Ghoul contest?

I mean Why bother giving fodder dialogue like "I'll go!"

Mar 9, 2015 6:37 AM

Jul 2014
NeutralSide said:
Just curious is this the Person who won a Cameo in that Tokyo Ghoul contest?

I mean Why bother giving fodder dialogue like "I'll go!"

Yes, he is one of them.
Mar 9, 2015 6:37 AM
Sep 2010
Acernos said:

Yes, I understand that, in real life, stress can cause your hair to turn white. I've actually seen it happen.

As far as I remember, the first time we saw Kaneki with white hair was when Rize started appearing to him. In other words, when he started accepting his ghoul nature, even if not fully consciously at that point.

The twins had the same hair colour as children. The difference must have come sometime after they were turned into one-eyed ghouls. Eto is not an artificial ghoul, so I don't expect her hair to be white or nails black.

This is why I said that, perhaps, when some artificial ghouls adapt to a certain point and are put under stress, their hair will turn white and nails black. The fact is that the only (young) ghouls with white hair we've seen so far are artificial ghouls. And most of them also have black nails. Maybe there is a connection here, I don't know.

Edit: Ah, yes, the fat investigator. I was wondering what's up with that.
Mar 9, 2015 6:52 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Acernos said:

Yes, I understand that, in real life, stress can cause your hair to turn white. I've actually seen it happen.

As far as I remember, the first time we saw Kaneki with white hair was when Rize started appearing to him. In other words, when he started accepting his ghoul nature, even if not fully consciously at that point.

The twins had the same hair colour as children. The difference must have come sometime after they were turned into one-eyed ghouls. Eto is not an artificial ghoul, so I don't expect her hair to be white or nails black.

This is why I said that, perhaps, when some artificial ghouls adapt to a certain point and are put under stress, their hair will turn white and nails black. The fact is that the only (young) ghouls with white hair we've seen so far are artificial ghouls. And most of them also have black nails. Maybe there is a connection here, I don't know.

Edit: Ah, yes, the fat investigator. I was wondering what's up with that.

Now the guy can say...Oh my god, I got killed by a ghoul...How awesome is that :D

Mar 9, 2015 7:09 AM
Sep 2010
And it probably won't matter much to anyone except a small number of people.
Mar 9, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
Sasaki in combat was awesome. Damn, poor Mutsuki, caught by Torso. Should've known Ishida would do that. Hopefully she'll be saved somehow.

Holy shit Takizawa? He seems more crazy than Kaneki ever was and probably stronger too since they referred to him as Owl, meaning he has Yoshimura's Kagune. Damn you Eto! Can't wait to see what happens when he joins the battle.
Mar 9, 2015 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
The chapter is amazing!!!
-Haise copied Arima's battle style. If he did that Arima dodge....
-Poor the guy who won the contest to become investigator, his character appeared in this manga to be killed quickly.
-Akira vs Naki.... and possibly Hinami. Poor Hinami.
-I laughed so hard when Torso apologized to Mutsuki. I know so many reasons why she ran from you, Torso.
-Seidou got his wish true, I guess. Although he got something worse than death.
Mar 9, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
I laughed how Akira used her dad's rape face.
Mar 9, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
just noticed that akira twitches her eye like her father o_o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.