Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 9, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2014
MgMaster said:

A glorious, highly entertaining mess and a genuinely good anime is what I'd call it. Asspulls like Tusk & Momoka being alive are part of the former(the self-awareness is also great) whereas Ange's development as well as several of the side characters' is when the show takes itself more seriously. For those of us who can enjoy both, the show's quite a treat!

Yeah I can definitely enjoy both sides of the anime. Its very good when it tries, specially with Ange's development. But it can also not give a fuck, and since is done intentionally it has a certain charm to it. It just works for the show.

I repeat myself. This is the most entertaining show after Parasyte. Legit talk here.

Other shows wish they could be as entertaining despite how seriously they're taken. Looking at you Aldnoah Zero, Tokyo Ghoul, and even Fate Stay Night lol
Mar 9, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2014
This episode is so full of shit. 5/5
Mar 9, 2015 7:53 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man this show is so random... I love it

As for the episode, I can only say good for you Tusk my man, if nearly killing yourself to save Ange didnt get you some action I dont know what would....

Still, my Ange/Hilda shipping will not fall, we can still have lesbian mistress (I dont think Tusk would mind it IMO).

Ps: Frying pan, you da real MVP
Mar 9, 2015 8:11 AM

Jul 2013
As much as I love this show, I have to admit that Tusk and Momoka's survival are very stupid and it completely destroy all the "feel" I had early on. Hopefully, they give a proper explanation next episode, not on twitter since not everyone read it.
Mar 9, 2015 8:25 AM

May 2014
Sex in Parasyte & now in Cross Ange oh wow :3 so much love in the air this week lel
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Mar 9, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Start by listing the flaws of this episode, then, the first is the lack of emphasis when Ange tries to commit suicide, the second is the show Tusk nice brisk and without a scratch as if nothing had happened, at least create a real excuse that makes plausible salvation of him and Momoka.
Then as we arrived on the island? Show then an input of Tusk in the final with more trepidation, not so so bland.
What the fuck!
Narrative a little too full of fanservice and drama, the first may also be there but as long as you do not overdo it, the second component we wanted but frustrate it in the end with those hot scenes, it was a huge mistake and unnecessary.
Drawings and animations with ups and downs, the plot more credible when addressing other situations than that of Ange.
Nice soundtrack.
Mar 9, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Go back and read what you wrote. You still haven't explained why having Tusk there does anything for the plot, that Momoka couldn't do as her support.

She was the one doing all the saving and battling in the Other-Earth. Her and Vivian would have done perfectly fine exploring without the whole Love Hotel scene. If anything, Ange was carrying Tusk over there, not the other way around.

Also, yes she isn't saving the world because of Tusk, but when the loss of Tusk induces her to throw away all pretense of reasoning and point a gun to her chin, that IS regression. Regression from a hard-lined individual who's taken too much shit in the first few episodes and hardened into a bad-ass individual, who suddenly needs the support from some whiny ass beta who manages to save her by falling onto an execution platform and ending up with his head in her crotch anyways. Someone who simply didn't give a two shits about comrades dying left and right whilst being fabulously respectably kick-ass fighting Dragons on her own, to someone who simply cannot live with the thought of no Tusk or Momoka in her life. Pfft... sure.

In fact, take out Tusk from this show, keep everything else as is, and the whole story would flow even better than this asspull we have right now of him suddenly coming back from the dead and getting lucky on the beach.

That is my point. He is an unnecessary and unneeded character to drive the plot. Ange's conflicts with the other girls and with Embryo served way better to develop her as a bad-ass character. He just renders her defenseless and useless. If you wanted her to develop a softer tone, Momoka could have already done the job as the devoted Maid/sister figure (even though I'd still probably be complaining about the frying pan as well, but hey still more believable than sky-diving ancient ninjitsu with flame-proof vest and a bomb strapped to your chest).

All I said was that he's a good supporting character one that doesn't take the spotlight, and that's what the show Cross Ange needed. He behaves in a way that he doesn't become harem king, but Ange's love interest, when otherwise, people would've expected every girl to fall head over heels for him.

What does Tusk do for the plot. Ok. Well for one thing. He's the last living ancient. He gives the perspective of a completely different side of the world (And it makes PERFECT sense for him to be male in regards to the plot).

He's also Ange's emotional support beyond Momoka and Vivian and yes. He's necessary. Vivian did nothing for Ange when she was getting bullied(no emotional support there), and Momoka can't help Ange with all the giant robot business. He also has military experience. Episode 21 would've gone COMPLETELY differently if left only to momoka and Viviane. Also, he always provides a different perspective and thinks ahead. If he didn't exist than in dragonland, Ange would've been left alone to make sense of things after Viviane was taken by her mother (Having a second opinion "What do you think", doesn't make you weak).

Oh yeah he saved her like three times. From snake poison, from drowning, from Misurugi and emotionally from embryo. How can you say he does nothing for the plot?

"When Tusk induces her to throw away all reasoning?" If it was ONLY Momoka Ange, has a right to feel depressed. Why is ange being depressed this episode bothering you so much. People she cared about died. She has no place to call home. It's supposed to be an emotionally gripping moment, because Ange has nothing to fight for anymore relationship aside... if Tusk didn't exist and it was only Momoka and Salamandinay Ange had a right to be in despair.

I also think you're forgetting how completely sour Ange was in the beginning. Ange would've probably only let Momoka in. Ange's pretty sour around Momoka in general too. Not towards momoka but she goes around her regular business with momoka around. That would mean that all we see of Ange, is this sour anti-authoritative figure who can pilot mechs well and refuses to get close to ANY other person at Arzenal. Momoka took no active approach to change Ange.

Also, ummm back on the island, when a dragon landed and Ange fought it with a knife, Tusk was there. She was still badass. He's not doing anything bad for her.

bittersweetlove said:

I like yuri, but I love many straight couples as well, Ange and Tusk for me did not feel right, he is just one of those stupid harem MC.

Are we watching the same show? Harem MC's don't say "I love you" to one girl. They don't say, "You're the only one for me." (he said this back in dragonland)
Tusk was specifically designed to NOT be a Harem MC. He was surrounded by girls as an ancient fighting amongst the norma before, but he never fell in love with anyone besides Ange. There is nothing Harem about his character.
TitanAnteusMar 9, 2015 9:47 AM
Mar 9, 2015 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
This is bullshit heteroshit....
Mar 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Go back and read what you wrote. You still haven't explained why having Tusk there does anything for the plot, that Momoka couldn't do as her support.

She was the one doing all the saving and battling in the Other-Earth. Her and Vivian would have done perfectly fine exploring without the whole Love Hotel scene. If anything, Ange was carrying Tusk over there, not the other way around.

Also, yes she isn't saving the world because of Tusk, but when the loss of Tusk induces her to throw away all pretense of reasoning and point a gun to her chin, that IS regression. Regression from a hard-lined individual who's taken too much shit in the first few episodes and hardened into a bad-ass individual, who suddenly needs the support from some whiny ass beta who manages to save her by falling onto an execution platform and ending up with his head in her crotch anyways. Someone who simply didn't give a two shits about comrades dying left and right whilst being fabulously respectably kick-ass fighting Dragons on her own, to someone who simply cannot live with the thought of no Tusk or Momoka in her life. Pfft... sure.

In fact, take out Tusk from this show, keep everything else as is, and the whole story would flow even better than this asspull we have right now of him suddenly coming back from the dead and getting lucky on the beach.

That is my point. He is an unnecessary and unneeded character to drive the plot. Ange's conflicts with the other girls and with Embryo served way better to develop her as a bad-ass character. He just renders her defenseless and useless. If you wanted her to develop a softer tone, Momoka could have already done the job as the devoted Maid/sister figure (even though I'd still probably be complaining about the frying pan as well, but hey still more believable than sky-diving ancient ninjitsu with flame-proof vest and a bomb strapped to your chest).

What the heck? I'd suggest you read what YOU wrote before telling that to others. Ange's definitely badass but she's not the badass that YOU wanted. What you see as weakness and regression, some of us see as humanizing. You apparently wanted a character that never show's weakness again once she overcame it - a complete badass but not much beyond that. You just wanted a badass action hero but what we got was a badass well-developed character, and glad I am of it.
Mar 9, 2015 10:46 AM
Jun 2014
MgMaster said:
L-Ryoshi said:

What the heck? I'd suggest you read what YOU wrote before telling that to others. Ange's definitely badass but she's not the badass that YOU wanted. What you see as weakness and regression, some of us see as humanizing. You apparently wanted a character that never show's weakness again once she overcame it - a complete badass but not much beyond that. You just wanted a badass action hero and what we got is a badass well-developed character, with strengths & weaknesses.

Yeah, I think he would love mahouka, you described the onii-sama there
Mar 9, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
Kirigaro92 said:

Yeah, I think he would love mahouka, you described the onii-sama there

He might be the One True God Tatsuya-Stu, also known as the Onii-sama, which is entertaining in it's own way but sadly nothing beyond that. We'd better stop with the blasphemy before He disintegrates us into oblivion though...
Mar 9, 2015 11:07 AM
Nov 2014
I hate this episode.
It ruined the whole series for me! -.-*

Ange should be together with Salako or Hilda! >-<

AyanoKorohamaMar 9, 2015 11:11 AM
Mar 9, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Yurilandia said:
This is bullshit heteroshit....

AyanoKorohama said:
I hate this episode.
It the whole series for me! -.-*

Ange shoul be together with Salako or Hilda! >-<

Two people who are honest with themselves saying they're here for the yuri.

I can't even be mad, because the only reason I'm still watching this show is because Tusk was introduced in episode 5 and stopped Ange from turning into a completely inhuman and unlikeable character.

EDIT: Also, AyanoKorohama welcome to the forums. Your first post was forever taken by CrossAnge. Wait you joined in November of 2014 and didn't post until now... because of this show...
Mar 9, 2015 11:16 AM
Nov 2014
TitanAnteus said:

I can't even be mad, because the only reason I'm still watching this show is because Tusk was introduced in episode 5 and stopped Ange from turning into a completely inhuman and unlikeable character.

No, not just for the yuri.
There are also other reasons, like the story.

But I hate Tusk since he came in this show and I think there can be more movies, shows, books,...that show homosexual love not just in the backround.
Mar 9, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
AyanoKorohama said:
TitanAnteus said:

No, not just for the yuri.
There are also other reasons, like the story.

But I hate Tusk since he came in this show and I think there can be more movies, shows, books,...that show homosexual love not just in the backround.

I never said "just."

You're just saying you want more shows with homosexuality in the forefront. You wont be getting a lot of male homosexuality because most producers, designers and animators are straight males. You probably wont be getting too much yuri because not all straight males are into that.

They don't have to cater to anyone. They just make what they want to make.
Mar 9, 2015 11:43 AM
Mar 2013
well at least he banged her LOL for a moment i thought he was embryo in tusks form...anyway this show is gone down for me in the middle i actually thought its very good but now its hmm a 6 and depending on the ending it might be worse or maybe better. I don't know why but i get the feeling that it will end bad but well its a 0.1% possibility.
Mar 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
MgMaster said:
L-Ryoshi said:

What the heck? I'd suggest you read what YOU wrote before telling that to others. Ange's definitely badass but she's not the badass that YOU wanted. What you see as weakness and regression, some of us see as humanizing. You apparently wanted a character that never show's weakness again once she overcame it - a complete badass but not much beyond that. You just wanted a badass action hero but what we got was a badass well-developed character, and glad I am of it.

I also can't believe people think Ange's character retrogressed because of Tusk. If anything she just further developed and he had a hand in that.

You're right, if Ange had stayed the same as the "bad ass" from the first four episodes then now she'd be nothing more than a one trick pony, who we're supposed to like because... Well "shut up she's a bad ass".

I guess some people are still into one dimentional characters with a very limited personality.

Ange has not lost an ounce of badassery. Her standing up to Embryo should more than proof of that. As others fell to Him, She made him her bitch!

All this after she clearly caught feelings for that nigga Tusk :-)

I'm glad she's the well developed character she is today, and not the girl from episodes 1-4.

Bravo Sunrise, Bravo.
Mar 9, 2015 12:23 PM
Dec 2014
Now, I understand that when God is an manipulative bastard, magic and technology is pretty much the same, space-time is manipulated, and pretty much everyone is either a radioactive waste container with a tail and wings or failures as a homunculus, things do not make sense. However, even by this low standard, I still get the feeling that someone just put a bunch of stuff that were successes (more or less) and randomly pulled them out of the hat even if it makes no sense in in any way and wrote something after drowning in volka. Yes, I am in love with Ange's song, waiting for a full version of Saladingdong's song, some of the battles are really cool, some of the girls are hot (with their hair down. Sorry, Hilda. Your hairstyle and your boobs combo are just off). It isn't completely bad, but I don't see this anime getting an OVA, movie, another season, or strong DVD sales. Hell, I am surprise it even has a manga.

Speaking of which, has anyone here followed the manga? Is it better? I only some random pages of it.
Mar 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
orbbie said:
EverydaySoCloudy said:
A lot of people disliked this episode because of the sex scene, like grow up there are plenty of those in many shows (I'm pointing towards american shows specifically) like you guys need to simmer down.

Really?

I'm sure just like the other 95% of people that watched this episode didn't really care that much that they had sex but because of the BS reasons that lead to them having it.

I think if you put it with respect to what has happened before (as in them almost having sex previously) then them having sex upon seeing each other isn't too bad. But I can also understand what they mean by how the lead up to what happened was shit as well.
Mar 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
What the hell, the bastard (Tusk) remained unscathed? Ange sure was happy to see him, though... And Momoka saved by a bloody pan.

Indeed, a masterpiece. A show this crazy has to be.
Mar 9, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
TitanAnteus said:

bittersweetlove said:

I like yuri, but I love many straight couples as well, Ange and Tusk for me did not feel right, he is just one of those stupid harem MC.

Are we watching the same show? Harem MC's don't say "I love you" to one girl. They don't say, "You're the only one for me." (he said this back in dragonland)
Tusk was specifically designed to NOT be a Harem MC. He was surrounded by girls as an ancient fighting amongst the norma before, but he never fell in love with anyone besides Ange. There is nothing Harem about his character.

I don't mean that he loves many girls, but that he is idiot like harem MC's, just stupid boys...it's pretty clear that he just want Ange.
Mar 9, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2012
Fukuda works his magic again, with Tusk invoking the spirit of his look-alike Jesus Yamato to survive that explosion.
And Momoka is saved... by a frying pan? hmmm, okay.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 9, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
bittersweetlove said:

I don't mean that he loves many girls, but that he is idiot like harem MC's, just stupid boys...it's pretty clear that he just want Ange.

How is he an idiot? What has he done that's stupid? Sure he falls in Ange's crotch as a gag by the author but that's, the only dumb thing about him.

Every line from him is sincere, and he has a comprehensive understanding of every faction in the world, unlike MOST of the characters. He's a competent engineer and fighter, and is socially adept enough to not be hated by ANYONE in this universe. Even Hilda can't hate him.

Outside of him falling into her crotch which is just a stupid joke made by the producers to lighten the mood, I can't see him as an idiot. Also. No, he doesn't just want Ange. He respects her and thinks that the decisions she makes will lead to a better future, because he already mostly understands every faction. It's why he wasn't up for a physical relationship when he had the first opportunity. They literally made a scene to show that he doesn't just want Ange in a sexual way.
Mar 9, 2015 8:11 PM

Dec 2013
TitanAnteus said:

I'll respond to you because we have a respectable and frankly enjoyable conversation going on. I'd rather not talk with trolls who only latch onto one or two lines in an entire paragraph to make a snide comment.

My beef with Tusk is that he's a supporting character with characteristics that can be pretty much replaced by any other character in this show. I don't see what makes him so special/irreplaceable that Ange couldn't do without him, and thus I'm peeved by how they're asspulling to make it so.

You call him the last living Ancient, yet what is so special about his so-called tag? He is good with machines because he's tinkered with his mothers Vilkiss, he knows how to navigate a jungle because he's been living like a hermit there since his parents died. Does have any particular set of skills apart from tripping up and landing on crotches to warrant the female lead becoming emotionally attached to him? No, not really. His constant nag about being Ange's Knight to get into her pants (yes, he did admit that to Hilda) is backed up by absolutely no contribution on that end. What Knightly things has he done? Seriously....

I said it before, I'll say it again, if he was special in any way apart from having a fancy title, I'd bite. But nothing he's done in this show has been anything I haven't seen Hilda, Momoka, Ersha or Vivian do ten times over. Support Ange. They also do it better without the comical ecchi routines as well.

You say he saved her. First off the snake bite was totally contrived and unnecessary. Oh, a guy who's been living in the forest all this time can't be reliable enough to warn Ange about snakes (and instead chooses to sleep in the nude with her... what the fuck? Raging hormones???), before she gets bitten. Directors wish-fulfillment to allow a valid reason for beta-male to force her into ALLOWING him to suck crotch. Said it before, will say it again, that meeting episode was ridiculously cringe-worthy and unnecessary. Instead of showing Tusk to be a reliable male support, the episode shows him to be nothing but a perverted teenager and comic relief.

Second, please tell me when he saved her from drowning? I don't recall that ever happening. Unless you're talking about before they introduced each other and he ends up sleeping in the buff with her anyway. (I'll respond in kind when I know which scene)

Third. It's not like he went all commando at Musurigi and busted Ange out like a boss. Nope, he fell on her crotch and she knocked him unconscious, picked up the pieces and saved HIS arse. Recall, Momoka and Ange were the ones who saved themselves (She kicked Momoka's chains off and they had to drag his sorry unconscious ass onto a transport to flee).
Sign of a good support? None.
Sign of a dead-weight? Plenty.
Plus, he was doing it on Jill's orders, she could have pretty much sent anyone there and they probably would have done a better job than him.

Ange started off finding him intolerable, then she had to drag his sorry banged up arse all over Other-Earth, and then suddenly, with no emotional development aside from a ridiculous "oh those dragon girls are interested in him, I'll so fall on his crotch for once" scene. Most of the time spent with him was going through world-building info about the Other-Earth and the past war. Way to pop a flag, eh?
So are you telling me that his constant nagging on shamelessly telling her he's her Knight (and how much he wants to bang her), but doing nothing much to back it up makes her become so impressed and so attached that he is the very reason for breaking through Embryo's brainwashing AND her reason for killing herself? Contrived much?
She used to be a princess. Praises and flattery came with the territory. It shouldn't have been enough to get her all hot and bothered. Coupled with the fact that his actions for her haven't been anything special all series, and I think you can see why a lot of us here on the forum are so turned off by this so-called "Romance". Personally, I don't even think that element was necessary in this show. Having her become a bad-ass fighter was enough. We would have had a better show without it.

Just because she acts sour all the time doesn't mean she isn't shown to be human amongst her girls. I would say that her interactions with Vivian and the other girls made her more human than Tusk ever did.

You want emotional support, Vivian, Momoka, and a bunch of other characters at Arzenal are all there. She was sour in the beginning, it was the girls, NOT Tusk, who melted her cold heart. That she would try and save her fellow riders when the Dragons attacked can attests to that.
The fact that Tusk was shown in Episode 5 and then didn't turn up until Episode 10 should be good enough to prove that her change didn't happen because of him.

You want rivalry and mutual respecting friendship, we have Hilda and Salamandinay for that. I don't think I need to explain this part, since it's so obvious on screen.

You want a father (mother?) figure that teaches her lessons when she messes up? Jill before she went bat-shit crazy these last two episodes did a good job there.

You said it yourself, in most of the fights that Ange was forced to fight in with Tusk was there in the background, he isn't doing anything in support of her which any other character isn't also doing. He doesn't provide much in the way of added character development for Ange that isn't provided by any other character in the show. Hence my conclusion that he is replaceable.

From the 22 episodes I've seen, I have seen no reason for Ange to fall so helplessly in love with Tusk, apart from him being the only male in the show....? And you top it all off with the fact that they killed him off last episode, only to bring him miraculously back to life in this episode with a tonne of asspulls, if only for 4 minutes of "lucky time"

Think about it for a moment. Embryo fixates on a persons weakness to put them under his control, do you think a contrived "I want Tusk (a useless beta male) not you (an alpha male)" should be enough to break such a control? It would have been better had Ange been immune to Embryo because she wasn't interested in men at all (now that would've been a great plot twist).

Ange being bad-ass is what I like to see. But I wouldn't mind if she was emotionally wrecked because she lost Momoka because of the sisterly relationship they had, but you'd expect her to find a way to overcome such a loss without sex.

The director chose to sink her in suicidal despair because they killed off useless, undeveloped beta-male who she didn't even depend on that much and could have been swapped with any one of the other supporting cast, and then asspulling to save her from said despair by giving her happy sexy time with the suppose to have died useless dependent beta-male. Now that's what I call ridiculous asspulling and also why I said that Tusk makes her a weaker character overall.

Like I said. It's all wish fulfillment for those who hope to see a useless beta-boy (the nice guy who says he works hard, but does nothing and gets nowhere) get with a bad-ass alpha-girl (dream girl), something that rarely happens in anime, not to mention real life. Sorry if I'm crushing anyone's dreams here (just telling it like it is).

Oh and before i forget, on an entirely different topic. When the hell are they gonna use the Ange x Salamandinay "Cross Path through the ages" stuff? I mean, they put that montage in there and up to now it's been entirely out of place in this show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 9, 2015 8:29 PM
Mar 2015
you are kidding me.....I was here for robot, but it shows nothing but ass and boobs............oh yes, and live concert......
Mar 9, 2015 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

My beef with Tusk is that he's a supporting character with characteristics that can be pretty much replaced by any other character in this show. I don't see what makes him so special/irreplaceable that Ange couldn't do without him, and thus I'm peeved by how they're asspulling to make it so.

You call him the last living Ancient, yet what is so special about his so-called tag?

The ancients are the factor that showed the Norma that they were being controlled and manipulated by Embryo. Without them libertus wouldn't be a thing, and Jill and Salia would have no definition as characters. And no his character cannot be replaced. The feeling that Ange can rely on other people that he instilled in her could ONLY have been done by him in that time.

L-Ryoshi said:
He is good with machines because he's tinkered with his mothers Vilkiss, he knows how to navigate a jungle because he's been living like a hermit there since his parents died. Does have any particular set of skills apart from tripping up and landing on crotches to warrant the female lead becoming emotionally attached to him? No, not really. His constant nag about being Ange's Knight to get into her pants (yes, he did admit that to Hilda) is backed up by absolutely no contribution on that end. What Knightly things has he done? Seriously....

She didn't get attached to him because of his skills. That's... not how romance even works. Plus fixing giant robots means nothing to you? Anyways...

Before Tusk, every experience Ange had "physically" has not been in her favor. She was examined by Jill and almost raped by Zola. She was very guarded physically. When Tusk had every opportunity to do anything to her... he didn't. In fact, he cared for her when she was weak and was just a genuinely good person to be around for her. She felt comfortable and safe around him, and that's enough. I'll repeat that. Ahem. Tusk was the first person she met after being sent to Arzenal that she felt comfortable and safe around. The only other person at that period in time that you can say she feels the same with is Momoka, and Momoka's a part of the world of mana so there's still a small trust barrier that needed to be overcome there.

Also, why do you think he acts the way he does because of libido? Why do you keep bringing that up like it's a valid argument? Ange literally gave herself on a platter and he originally said NO. He said he loves Ange and would do anything for her. That's what he told Hilda.

What do you mean what Knightly thing has he done for her? Did you forget about the Embryo battle just now? He saved her life.
Once by pulling her out of Vylkiss so she didn't drown.
Sucking out the poison.
From Embryo along with Momoka
Emotionally from Embryo.

L-Ryoshi said:

I said it before, I'll say it again, if he was special in any way apart from having a fancy title, I'd bite. But nothing he's done in this show has been anything I haven't seen Hilda, Momoka, Ersha or Vivian do ten times over. Support Ange. They also do it better without the comical ecchi routines as well.

What are you talking about? Ersha has done nothing for Ange. She doesn't hate her, but doesn't really like her either. Viviane has done nothing for Ange really. They're friends, but that's it. Momoka and Hilda have not "changed" Ange at all. Momoka changed Ange's attitude towards herself but that's it. Tusk changed Ange's attitude towards the world like 3 times.

I don't care about the comical ecchi routines. I don't think they're all that funny, but I don't think they're all that bad because I can see what the director's trying to do. They're trying to lighten the mood when the mood was heavy.

L-Ryoshi said:

You say he saved her. First off the snake bite was totally contrived and unnecessary. Oh, a guy who's been living in the forest all this time can't be reliable enough to warn Ange about snakes (and instead chooses to sleep in the nude with her... what the fuck? Raging hormones???), before she gets bitten.... Instead of showing Tusk to be a reliable male support, the episode shows him to be nothing but a perverted teenager and comic relief.

No it wasn't contrived and unnecessary.

Ange can't do everything by herself. No matter how hard she tries, no matter how much she wants to. She can't. That scene was to show that Ange COULD rely on other people instead of going it alone all the time. Oh you decided to go into the woods by yourself at night... well you don't know how dangerous it's there in the woods do you *BITE*.

Btw... SHE SHOT AT HIM.
"Boom, I don't want you near me...."
"ummm... ok."
*Gets bit and is about to die*
"Help"
"She's probably not a bad person. I need to help her."

Makes perfect sense.
L-Ryoshi said:

Third. It's not like he went all commando at Musurigi and busted Ange out like a boss. Nope, he fell on her crotch and she knocked him unconscious, picked up the pieces and saved HIS arse. Recall, Momoka and Ange were the ones who saved themselves (She kicked Momoka's chains off and they had to drag his sorry unconscious ass onto a transport to flee).
Sign of a good support? None.
Sign of a dead-weight? Plenty.
Plus, he was doing it on Jill's orders, she could have pretty much sent anyone there and they probably would have done a better job than him.

Yes. It's not in Tusk's character to be the super competent one. I don't care if he's a little derpy.

Ange would've died if Tusk didn't arive. That's a fact. Ange basically taking the reins shows that she's a good action hero and the protagonist of the story. I don't mind that she stole the spotlight, but don't forget that Tusk started it.

Yes, Jill told Tusk Ange was taken. He wouldn't have known otherwise.

No, nobody else could've done that. None of the norma know what outside society is like besides Hilda. Hilda would've probably just gone straight to her mom so she couldn't be trusted with that mission either. Also, you forget that Tusk snuck into enemy territory completely unnoticed until he decided to save Ange. That wasn't easy.
L-Ryoshi said:

Ange started off finding him intolerable..."oh those dragon girls are interested in him, I'll so fall on his crotch for once" scene.
So are you telling me that his constant nagging on shamelessly telling her he's her Knight (and how much he wants to bang her), but doing nothing much to back it up makes her become so impressed and so attached that he is the very reason for breaking through Embryo's brainwashing AND her reason for killing herself? Contrived much?
She used to be a princess. Praises and flattery came with the territory. It shouldn't have been enough to get her all hot and bothered. Coupled with the fact that his actions for her haven't been anything special all series, and I think you can see why a lot of us here on the forum are so turned off by this so-called "Romance". Personally, I don't even think that element was necessary in this show. Having her become a bad-ass fighter was enough. We would have had a better show without it.

What do you mean dragging his sorry ass? ANGE DID NOTHING in other earth. Vylkiss crashed and Tusk gave her a sense of security as he was trying to fix it. He also made food, setup the place where they would sleep and readied the fire.

Ange being jealous was a great development. At that moment in time, Ange never said she loved him but he had, so it was nice to see some affirmation she felt something about him by that time.

He doesn't say, "I'm your knight" for pride's sake. He say's it mostly to confirm that the reason he's acting the way he is, is out of duty. That he shouldn't get romantically involved with her, but they pass that barrier. Also, no he's not acting out of pure libido. He fregin said NO.

Without Tusk, Ange wouldn't be the Ange she is, and that's fregin huge. Plus he saved her life a bunch of times.

No... the show wouldn't have been better if it was just Ange as a badass fighter. What's the point of having everyone besides the main character feel human. Ange showing a romantic side, as well as showing a badass side are all a port of her character. Without all of it, she wouldn't feel like a human. This episode where she's depressed just drives home that she has fears that everyone can relate to. She doesn't want to be left alone in the world. She doesn't want everyone she cares about to be dead. That's humanizing.

L-Ryoshi said:

1. SHE DIDN'T INTERACT AT ALL WITH VIVIANE or ERSHA of her own will until AFTER she met Tusk.
2. Her change happened because of him. When she got back on the airship, everyone was surprised that Ange initiated a conversation with Viviane. Episodes 6-10 are the result of her new change in behavior, not the cause.
3. "You said it yourself, in most of the fights that Ange was forced to fight in with Tusk was there in the background, he isn't doing anything in support of her which any other character isn't also doing. He doesn't provide much in the way of added character development for Ange that isn't provided by any other character in the show. Hence my conclusion that he is replaceable."
This is so completely ridiculously wrong, and I hope I've proven that to you by now.
4. Is resisting the power of mind control with love bothering you? I don't want Tusk to be the protagonist. I want Ange to be the protagonist. I don't want Tusk to steal the spotlight or act all cool and in control. I think he's perfectly fine as he is. EXTREMELY useful, a good emotional support, and very motivated (cause of motivation being Ange is perfect).
5.AGAIN. I say. If tusk didn't exist, and it was only momoka that died, Ange had every right to be depressed. The only 2 people she cared about... god I don't want to repeat myself.
6."Like I said. It's all wish fulfillment for those who hope to see a useless beta-boy (the nice guy who says he works hard, but does nothing and gets nowhere) get with a bad-ass alpha-girl (dream girl), something that rarely happens in anime, not to mention real life. Sorry if I'm crushing anyone's dreams here (just telling it like it is)."
Fuck that. Tusk worked hard and went through some tough shit. He was completely fixated on Ange and has even said some outlandish things like having 4 children. He's not useless.
7."Oh and before i forget, on an entirely different topic. When the hell are they gonna use the Ange x Salamandinay "Cross Path through the ages" stuff? I mean, they put that montage in there and up to now it's been entirely out of place in this show."
Godammit. I thought I was having this discussion with... nvm. If you're just here for the yuri just say so, so I don't have to waste my time writing well-reasoned arguments with you. No wonder you keep making the same arguments even after they're disproven. You've got serious tunnelvision.
TitanAnteusMar 9, 2015 9:29 PM
Mar 9, 2015 9:41 PM
Mar 2015
I think the point that makes people discuss is because of the unsuccess character design and script writing.

The story is ok, but the interaction between the boy and girl shows no sense of romance. .....and the face riding happened so many times ....I dont get the point, is that the crew tried to make the serious story funny and reasonless?
Mar 9, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2014
walter-sullivan said:
I think the point that makes people discuss is because of the unsuccess character design and script writing.

The story is ok, but the interaction between the boy and girl shows no sense of romance. .....and the face riding happened so many times ....I dont get the point, is that the crew tried to make the serious story funny and reasonless?

The face landings were all just for comedy. I didn't mind them but is understandable that some do. I think they were just trying to be funny, it worked some times and it didn't in others. So it's a hit or miss for me. But I don't think it really takes away from the characters.

What do you mean by "unsucess character design"?? I'm scratching my head on that one.
Mar 9, 2015 10:39 PM
Mar 2015
sorry for my english, maybe I am getting bored of ass and boobs in animine, too much ass and boobs. I was here for robot fight, not ass and boobs or live concert(even they sing good songs).

I mean unsucessful character design of the main hero Tusk, it was just my personal view, Tusk is not charmming enough as main hero, even he has Yamato's face. ......
Mar 9, 2015 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Too long, read page 9

You really should go watch the first few episodes. She was starting to interact with the other girls from Episode 3, when she started finding her resolve to live on and make something of her messed up life, as shown by her cutting her hair and grabbing that pudding that the dead girl offered her. The other girls were already trying to build a bridge from as early as episode 2. That had nothing to do with Tusk. Also, she still hadn't softened up after returning, up till Momoka appeared in the subsequent episode, and the festival in episode 8. Neither events had anything to do with Tusk.

Her change in attitude wasn't due to her being treated well by Tusk on the island, it was because the very episode she got rescued Momoka appeared at Arzenal and she had THEN found her emotional support. Her attitude with those who were kind to her was indifferent but accepting, but for Hilda and those who were trying to bug the hell out of her, they were rudely rebuffed with arrogance still. It wasn't like going to the island actually made her go all soft.

As I said before, you take out Tusk, put in Momoka for all those scenes and it would still work. Plus Jill and the others at Arzenal all knew about Libertus long before interacting with Tusk. It was his parents and the other Ancients who initiated the movement, which Jill ended up messing up and having them all killed off when Embryo messed with her the first time around.

Seriously, don't act like Tusk is so important to the plot. He really isn't.

As for the end comment, That was just my personal opinion of another part of this asspull of a show that has no sense of coherence. If you don't like it, then whatever. The main content is still a conversation with you.

And for the record, I'm not into Yuri. I just don't see a point in a weak-ass liability of a beta-male main character that needs a billion asspulls to not die a virgin, which does literally nothing for the plot. Give us a competent male character who actually does a good job of supporting Ange, and I'll bite. This dude? No... just... no.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2015 12:19 AM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

You really should go watch the first few episodes. She was starting to interact with the other girls from Episode 3, when she started finding her resolve to live on and make something of her messed up life, as shown by her cutting her hair and grabbing that pudding that the dead girl offered her. The other girls were already trying to build a bridge from as early as episode 2. That had nothing to do with Tusk. Also, she still hadn't softened up after returning, up till Momoka appeared in the subsequent episode, and the festival in episode 8. Neither events had anything to do with Tusk.

Her change in attitude wasn't due to her being treated well by Tusk on the island, it was because the very episode she got rescued Momoka appeared at Arzenal and she had THEN found her emotional support. Her attitude with those who were kind to her was indifferent but accepting, but for Hilda and those who were trying to bug the hell out of her, they were rudely rebuffed with arrogance still. It wasn't like going to the island actually made her go all soft.

As I said before, you take out Tusk, put in Momoka for all those scenes and it would still work. Plus Jill and the others at Arzenal all knew about Libertus long before interacting with Tusk. It was his parents and the other Ancients who initiated the movement, which Jill ended up messing up and having them all killed off when Embryo messed with her the first time around.

Seriously, don't act like Tusk is so important to the plot. He really isn't.

As for the end comment, That was just my personal opinion of another part of this asspull of a show that has no sense of coherence. If you don't like it, then whatever. The main content is still a conversation with you.

And for the record, I'm not into Yuri. I just don't see a point in a weak-ass liability of a beta-male main character that needs a billion asspulls to not die a virgin, which does literally nothing for the plot. Give us a competent male character who actually does a good job of supporting Ange, and I'll bite. This dude? No... just... no.

Correction, she found her resolve to live on at the end of ep 3 but her interactions to everyone on Arzenal ranged from indifferent to cold. She never even tried to build a bridge with her team after Momoka came there, it was Salia who trying to do that and Ange merely came to terms with it in the end. Even then it wasn't as much of a bonding as it was an agreement to stop hogging all the DRAGON kills and try to work as a team. She truly started looking at the Arzenal crew in a more positive way after she saw how she was treated in Mitsurugi. Indeed that wasn't because of Tusk and that's perfectly fine. He isn't and shouldn't be the only one responsible for Ange opening up to others, he CONTRIBUTED to it, just as he contributed to her rescue in Mitsurugi in ep 10.

And that's the point you absolutely refuse to accept, the point of Tusk being a supporting character to Ange. His support was vital but he can't get all the credit for it and that's a good thing for a supporting character. That and the fact you'd be fine other characters taking Tusk's place as Ange's support reek's of double-standards and/or extreme hatred towards his type of character, granted the later is understandable.

I know the beta male MCs can get on many's peoples nerves but they can be fine in a supporting role. It'll naturally still annoy quite a few people, but everyone should know by now how unapologetic Cross Ange is about whatever it does, which is something I respect - no need to cater to everyone's tastes. It's always been that "Here's what you're getting here my dear viewer, you either accept it or you don't." type of anime.
Mar 10, 2015 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
MgMaster said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Correction, she found her resolve to live on at the end of ep 3 but her interactions to everyone on Arzenal ranged from indifferent to cold. She never even tried to build a bridge with her team after Momoka came there, it was Salia who trying to do that and Ange merely came to terms with it in the end. Even then it wasn't as much of a bonding as it was an agreement to stop hogging all the DRAGON kills and try to work as a team. She truly started looking at the Arzenal crew in a more positive way after she saw how she was treated in Mitsurugi. Indeed that wasn't because of Tusk and that's perfectly fine. He isn't and shouldn't be the only one responsible for Ange opening up to others, he CONTRIBUTED to it, just as he contributed to her rescue in Mitsurugi in ep 10.

And that's the point you absolutely refuse to accept, the point of Tusk being a supporting character to Ange. His support was vital but he can't get all the credit for it and that's a good thing for a supporting character. That and the fact you'd be fine other characters taking Tusk's place as Ange's support reek's of double-standards and/or extreme hatred towards his type of character, granted the later is understandable.

I know the beta male MCs can get on many's peoples nerves but they can be fine in a supporting role. It'll naturally still annoy quite a few people, but everyone should know by now how unapologetic Cross Ange is about whatever it does, which is something I respect - no need to cater to everyone's tastes. It's always been that "Here's what you're getting here my dear viewer, you either accept it or you don't." type of anime.

Points taken. Now how about the billion and one asspulls to make him survive a nigh impossible death scene? They blew him up, and he suddenly strolls back into the picture with ZERO INJURIES, not even a scratch. He may be an Ancient, but that doesn't grant him superhuman powers or immortality, I'm sure his dead parents can attest to that.

And for the record, I don't accept the asspull that brought him back, unless it's another one of Embryo's plots to mess with her brain. No other being in this universe has the power to resurrect dead characters.

In fact, because of the resurrection card, if Embryo somehow dies in the end, it would be pretty much another asspull considering everything that he's been shown to be capable of doing.

You can say he contributed to her softening up, but like I said before, other characters have done the same and done a better job of it as well. He is unnecessarily just there as the convenient love interest and the directors wet-dream projection. Take him out and tweak the story a bit, and it would still run just as smoothly without him there.
L-RyoshiMar 10, 2015 1:24 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2013
Momoka doesn't know anything about fixing giant robots.

Momoka and Tusk are very similar, I won't deny, but all I'm hearing is that, it could've gone this way or it could've gone that way... but it didn't. Momoka wasn't there when Ange crash landed. She has her own role in the plot. Tusk has his own role in the plot.

I don't know what standards you use to define beta and alpha. Is being a beta male someone who takes the support role? If he was "alpha" wouldn't he just be taking the spotlight away from Ange? Oh Ange needs to be saved from Misurugi let me just flawlessly swoop in and take her like the damsel in distress she is. No. I think it's better that he came in, caused a confusion and aided in Ange's escape because he's not the focus.

Also, he's never really been a liability. If he wasn't on the island with Ange, Ange would've died. In other-earth he didn't hamper Ange in any way.... I don't remember seeing him getting in the way of Ange doing her thing ever. He's only ever helped like tossing Ange a gun when she's fighting a dragon hand to hand, or showing up when Ange's escaping from Embryo.

Also, Ange has been pulling asspulls to not die since the beginning of the show. The Vylkiss just... heals (really?)... teleports when she wants it to, and shoots out world destroying song magic when she needs it. Her surviving most of her near death situations has been asspull's. The show's been doing this shit since the beginning.

Also, yes. I know that Libertus existed before Tusk. I said the ancients needed representation in the show. If all the ancients were dead, then the ancients would have just been an important faction that existed in flashbacks. They were an important part of the world so they needed representation in the current time. Also, his existence was a good segway into finding the truth's about the world. "There's a male mana user, I wonder what else we don't know about the world."

"You can say he contributed to her softening up, but like I said before, other characters have done the same and done a better job of it as well"
EDIT: No... no one did a better job of it then Tusk.
TitanAnteusMar 10, 2015 1:25 AM
Mar 10, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Momoka doesn't know anything about fixing giant robots.

Momoka and Tusk are very similar, I won't deny, but all I'm hearing is that, it could've gone this way or it could've gone that way... but it didn't. Momoka wasn't there when Ange crash landed. She has her own role in the plot. Tusk has his own role in the plot.

I don't know what standards you use to define beta and alpha. Is being a beta male someone who takes the support role? If he was "alpha" wouldn't he just be taking the spotlight away from Ange? Oh Ange needs to be saved from Misurugi let me just flawlessly swoop in and take her like the damsel in distress she is. No. I think it's better that he came in, caused a confusion and aided in Ange's escape because he's not the focus.

Also, he's never really been a liability. If he wasn't on the island with Ange, Ange would've died. In other-earth he didn't hamper Ange in any way.... I don't remember seeing him getting in the way of Ange doing her thing ever. He's only ever helped like tossing Ange a gun when she's fighting a dragon hand to hand, or showing up when Ange's escaping from Embryo.

Also, Ange has been pulling asspulls to not die since the beginning of the show. The Vylkiss just... heals (really?)... teleports when she wants it to, and shoots out world destroying song magic when she needs it. Her surviving most of her near death situations has been asspull's. The show's been doing this shit since the beginning.

Also, yes. I know that Libertus existed before Tusk. I said the ancients needed representation in the show. If all the ancients were dead, then the ancients would have just been an important faction that existed in flashbacks. They were an important part of the world so they needed representation in the current time. Also, his existence was a good segway into finding the truth's about the world. "There's a male mana user, I wonder what else we don't know about the world."

Tossing guns, showing up when Ange escapes, pretty much any other character could be written into the plot to do so.

Fixing robots that heals itself, hrm.....? Since it's already an asspull, why was Tusk necessary?

She got transported to the Other-world with Tusk AND Vivian. Discovering a building with an AI that explained most of the Ancient's back story, yeah, it made him so necessary. And I'm pretty sure you mean a male "non-mana" user that doesn't turn into a dragon like the other males in the Other-world. Seriously, even without that segway the plot would go on perfectly fine.

TitanAnteus said:

"You can say he contributed to her softening up, but like I said before, other characters have done the same and done a better job of it as well"
EDIT: No... no one did a better job of it then Tusk.

Seriously, that's just your subjective opinion, which from many of the comments, you'll notice that not everyone shares. Even now i have yet to be convinced that he has brought anything of significance to the development of the show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2008
I don't understand why people are arguing or even trying to justify what happens in this show.

When I first started watching Cross Ange, I really thought it had potential and I was looking forward to see where it's going but now I know that it was just wishful thinking on my part. I'm sorry to say the show has turned out to be porn in the guise of mecha. Now, I know a lot of people won't like what I'm saying here but this is how I see this show as. I usually stay away from shows where 99% of the characters is female but I thought this one would be different especially that it's produced by Sunrise. I thought they would do something good but boy, was I wrong?

The reason I'm still watching it is because I still had hope that this show will get better and some interesting revelations/events will happen but no. At this point, I just want it to end and I don't care what ending this show gets. I actually think I'd be the happiest if most of the characters get killed off and oh, don't get me started on the characters. Cross Ange is one of the very few shows where I dislike almost all the characters. I've yet to find an interesting character. I never liked Ange. She's a strong female lead and all but I still don't like her character. Tusk is good looking but his character kind of rubs me the wrong way too. Oh, and Salia. I kind of liked her at the beginning but it's a shame that she ended up being Embryo's whore.

Now, regarding the latest episode, I didn't like how Tusk and Momoka so conveniently came back and to Ange's side, no less. *sigh*

Anyway, I'll just be waiting for the finale and hopefully I won't end up flipping tables. I also hope they won't announce a second season because this would be totally stupid as I don't think there's much that warrant another season.
Mar 10, 2015 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
My post in episode 5:

"It is fun to go older posts and some say that it was trying to be a serious show. It is not trying that from the begining. I think that it is a ludicrous show but it is fun. While it isn't going to be a pure action series or an harem, im ok. im keeping this series yet :D ."

I think that they are even trolling their viewers in this episode. Who is yet talking about being dissapointed because plot coherence of Cross ange. They just don't know what they are watching.
Mar 10, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
I highly doubt Tusk would GET all of this hate if he were a female. Or if Ange was a male character for a potential yaoi relationship. >_>; People need to give the guy some slack.
Mar 10, 2015 8:08 AM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
ErwinJA said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that when Momoka got shot, there was no blood.

Give this guy a medal "claps"
Momoka's survival was foreshadowed, GG.

Tusk?
He had bullet and fire proof FUTURE clothing, it could probably tank a nuke.
And miracles do exist.

Ange had SEX with Tusk because SHE LOVES HIM! :O
It's also a nice take back to that ep where they almost did it :'(
Beautiful how it all comes together :'(

Fireproof clothing doesn't protect against an explosion. Guys working as explosive ordnance disposal techs (in those huge bomb suits) still get killed by the shockwaves from bomb blasts. Even though their bodies are still in one piece, their insides are turned to mush from the force alone.

Now of course this is anime, but there's some reasonable level of realism to be expected - after all, given how many died in ep 2-3 and 13.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 10, 2015 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
Tusk. i HATE THIS GUY :(
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Mar 10, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2014
LEL

Also

>AnimeNewsNetwork

Mar 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Apr 2011
I'm so proud of Tusk. He's not a virgin is more.

Shit got real at the city now that mana is gone.

Is just me or is Ange's hair got longer?
Mar 11, 2015 3:53 AM
May 2014
MdDaniels said:
LEL

Also

>AnimeNewsNetwork

I wonder what Hope complains about when what Ersha says is kind of true.

She sold her loyalty (and according to the words, probably more) to Embryo to save
those guys. In the end she didn't gain or preserve anything by doing so.

Btw, did they remove Hope from the Cross Ange reviews?
It seems like its only Theron Martin's episoide reviews now, which gave ep 22 "B+ or B-".
If so, nice.. They seem to make more sense.
konatachan80Mar 11, 2015 4:31 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 11, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2013
konatachan80 said:
MdDaniels said:
LEL

Also

>AnimeNewsNetwork

She sold her loyalty (and according to the words, probably more) to Embryo to save

It seems like its only Theron Martin's episoide reviews now, which gave ep 22 "B+ or B-".

Where are you getting episode reviews?
Mar 11, 2015 4:46 AM
May 2014
TitanAnteus said:
konatachan80 said:

I usually don't, but in this case, ANN (animenewsnetwork).
I seem to have read the (in my opinion) silly ones by Hope Chapman at some point, but
now they seem to have been replaced by Theron Martin's.
I assume it is allowed to link to it, so here are the one for ep 22.
konatachan80Mar 11, 2015 4:51 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 11, 2015 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
konatachan80 said:
TitanAnteus said:

I usually don't, but in this case, ANN (animenewsnetwork).
I seem to have read the (in my opinion) silly ones by Hope Chapman at some point, but
now they seem to have been replaced by Theron Martin's.
I assume it is allowed to link to it, so here

Thanks. I read Hope's on episode 1 here as well.

While I don't really enjoy Theron's style of just mostly retelling what happened in the episode, I can't stand how Hope jumped to conclusions. Ah... looks like I wont find a good place that reviews this show.
Mar 11, 2015 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
Magito said:
I'm so proud of Tusk. He's not a virgin is more.

Shit got real at the city now that mana is gone.

Is just me or is Ange's hair got longer?

Yeah it got longer, and she looks even more beautiful now.
Mar 11, 2015 9:07 AM
Mar 2015
Hi there. Newbie here.

I was watching this series from the beginning and was quite interested in "Cross Ange" from the beginning. Quite interesting every week...until episode 22 was aired.

It was kind of dissapointing one specially because the 2 dead characters from the last episode became to life "because potato".

Momoka's bullet was not fatal wound but it was the car that crashed her and Embryo and also the fall and the later explosion. About Tusk, its' the same. Not just wounded by Embryo's bullets but also immolate himself and even the most protective suit can protect for that.

So just to justify the necessity of Ange's sexual desires and determination to fight back, they bring back these two ones just to have some coherence. Quite stupid to me and dissapointing.

I hope at least there's some twist like from episodes 22 to the end would be something like "The Matrix" with Ange imprisoned by Embryo, Tusk and Momoka dead and Hilda trying to fight back to rescue Ange with Salamandine because I can find some logic in the events from these late episodes.
Mar 11, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2010
I'm so pissed right now because tusk apparently survived a suicide bombing. but I'll totally ignore that because he came back to give Ange the D

Forget make-up sex and break-up sex.
It's all about that resurrection sex.

p.s. shout out to Salia for activating her Yandere mode.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 12, 2015 12:33 AM

May 2014
MdDaniels said:
LEL

Also

>AnimeNewsNetwork

Taking lines out of context ftw!
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 12, 2015 2:54 AM

Feb 2013
I ain't even mad lol

Toppu Meido with toppu furyingu panno

Just one question. Was Momoka.....watching?
gedataMar 12, 2015 4:35 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.