3It was OK
9.1%
2Disliked it
7.1%
1Hated it
13.3%
Average 4.0
339 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost kinda feel bad for Chris this episode...

Salia's rage is pretty amusing to watch; so childish tbh. Thought Ange might of tried to kill herself for a moment there. Seems like she can't go with it anyways. Meh episode overall.

Lol grief sex in the second half. At least Tusk doesn't die a virgin in this show.
Mar 7, 2015 9:03 AM
Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost kinda feel bad for Chris this episode...

Salia's rage is pretty amusing to watch; so childish tbh. Thought Ange might of tried to kill herself for a moment there. Seems like she can't go with it anyways. Meh episode overall.

Lol grief sex in the second half. At least Tusk doesn't die a virgin in this show.

May I ask where u saw it? btw is that a flash back? or is Tusk alive?
Mar 7, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2009
When episode start like this, it can only spiral further into insanity

Yes, he's alive and they fucked whole night

Top Meido alive thanks to frying pan
Mar 7, 2015 9:09 AM
Feb 2015
bastek66 said:

WOOOOOT!
Mar 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, would you look at that.

This time, it was Jesus who did the nailing.....

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH
Mar 7, 2015 9:25 AM
Jun 2014
YEEEES, Jesus Yamato is back and finally gave the D to Ange, power-up sex. Yuri shippers's shitstorm is coming.
Kirigaro92Mar 7, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 7, 2015 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Finally sex happened between Ange and Tusk, Momoka got saved by a frying pan lol. I'm so glad Ersha is back to her senses, she seemed beyond saving in the last few episodes, now she needs to survive to the end. That unit Tusk had stored is the same one I seen in that scan of the Vita game which pretty much accounts for all of those new units now showing up in this anime.

Mar 7, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
That nails it. This show is masterpiece.
Mar 7, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
Worth my time watching this every week. One thing after another.
Mar 7, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
Only thing good this week is Ange new hairstyle imo.
Remind me maxwell from tales of xillia
bruh
Mar 7, 2015 11:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Mar 7, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2013
Episode 22 was the most stupidest and weakest episodes in this series. I knew they producers were going pull some bullshit crap to bring back Tusk and Momoka. Tusk and Momoka's death play no importance nor give Ange even more motivated to kill Embryo. The sex scene was stupid and force and Ange was so obviously horny that she just wants to have sex with resurrected corpse and I wouldn't be surprised if Ange have STD or getting pregnant. I'm sorry but this episode was stupid. All of Ange scenes was just pointless and unnecessary. The romance is terrible and force and no depth development. The only good parts about the episode was Ersha coming to her senses and see how bad or evil Embryo was, everyone who uses mana discover they use mana no more, and Salamandinay uses a hyper voice to break free from Embryo's control over the woman who was wearing glasses.
Mar 7, 2015 12:55 PM

Jul 2014

You seem a little upset.
Mar 7, 2015 12:59 PM
May 2014
It was a good episode and a touching reunion but somehow the way they brought back tusk and momoka was a little too vague. if they came back an episode later it would've been better. But tusk finall scores!!! You go get her tiger.
Mar 7, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
WhipItGood said:

You seem a little upset.

Nope. Episode 22 was terrible.
Mar 7, 2015 1:08 PM
Jun 2014
WhipItGood said:

You seem a little upset.

That's what I was talking about when I said shitstorm dude.
Mar 7, 2015 1:26 PM
Mar 2011
Dropped
Mar 7, 2015 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
the penis wins :(
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Mar 7, 2015 1:50 PM
Dec 2014
fuck this shit
Mar 7, 2015 3:58 PM
Nov 2012
So Kira yamato had sex with Cagalli. Don't really care about them but the fact that Kira came back with no scratch is just as stupid when Shinn stabbed Freedom cockpit.

Whoever decided Kira yamato needed to get laid by blowing himself up and returning alive deserves the Bright slap.
LazerEyeBeamMar 7, 2015 4:03 PM
Mar 7, 2015 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
I feel today episode rush a little plus an americanization... you know in a crisis sex fix everyting, give delovement in MC, but well at the end i love the new Ange with her new hairstyle is more likeable than the genocidal princess or the savage norma.

Kira-jesus-sama a.k.a. Tusk he manages to change Ange in crucial times and has contributed much to the development of his character. After the final battle i want saw a skip time and the Ange's Cafe both with how much said Tusk a yes he want...a 4 kids haha.
SephilMar 7, 2015 5:48 PM
Mar 7, 2015 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
i feel totally bad to Ange imouto
being used by her brother,lost her family
totally clueless about what is going on i dont event understand why she still alive
they should killed her already for good
Mar 7, 2015 5:18 PM
Jun 2014
I found this, someone posted it on another forum, it's the supposed explanation Fukuda gave on twitter for his hack (Don't know if it's true, he turned his account private after that)

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574287644714123264
How did Tusk and Momoka survive?…Of course during the scenario meeting we came up with multiple ideas, but ultimately, if we write it it wouldn't be interesting at all, so we just put it all in the episode preview. Tusk used the Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu) and an anti-explosive cloak using a fire jutsu (Katon no Jutsu). Momoka used a frying pan and mana to slow her fall.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574288336254169088
Tusk knew where Ange's destination was, so he rendezvoused with Momoka who was stuck in a tree. And they came back to the island on a fishing boat…the end. The director said "Eh? Is this really ok?", and did oppose this idea, but Higuchi-san, the producers, and I agreed on this development.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/574289419907129346
The highlight of this episode is Ange's change of awareness and determination. We've been watching her change since episode one. So Tusk being alive is very important and how he managed to survive is not. There is no drama in that.
Mar 7, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
Mar 7, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
Kirigaro92 said:
I found this, someone posted it on another forum, it's the supposed explanation Fukuda gave on twitter for his hack (Don't know if it's true, he turned his account private after that)

How did Tusk and Momoka survive?…Of course during the scenario meeting we came up with multiple ideas, but ultimately, if we write it it wouldn't be interesting at all, so we just put it all in the episode preview. Tusk used the Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu) and an anti-explosive cloak using a fire jutsu (Katon no Jutsu). Momoka used a frying pan and mana to slow her fall.

Tusk knew where Ange's destination was, so he rendezvoused with Momoka who was stuck in a tree. And they came back to the island on a fishing boat…the end. The director said "Eh? Is this really ok?", and did oppose this idea, but Higuchi-san, the producers, and I agreed on this development.

The highlight of this episode is Ange's change of awareness and determination. We've been watching her change since episode one. So Tusk being alive is very important and how he managed to survive is not. There is no drama in that.

yeah and /a/ is already making the bombs for fukuda
Mar 7, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2010
The power of Aura/singing = Senju DNA in Naruto.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 7, 2015 5:34 PM
Nov 2014
Episode 22 was the most stupidest and weakest episodes in this series. I knew they producers were going pull some bullshit crap to bring back Tusk and Momoka. Tusk and Momoka's death play no importance nor give Ange even more motivated to kill Embryo. The sex scene was stupid and force and Ange was so obviously horny that she just wants to have sex with resurrected corpse and I wouldn't be surprised if Ange have STD or getting pregnant. I'm sorry but this episode was stupid. All of Ange scenes was just pointless and unnecessary. The romance is terrible and force and no depth development. The only good parts about the episode was Ersha coming to her senses and see how bad or evil Embryo was, everyone who uses mana discover they use mana no more, and Salamandinay uses a hyper voice to break free from Embryo's control over the woman who was wearing glasses.

only watch the RAW version but by the show's own logic, this is perhaps the weakest episode to date, primary because there are too many unexplainable elements even to the logic / world design of the show's own universe.

The island part which is good, sets things right but the episode did not managed further develop much of Ange's character, because reset button pressed for character any progression once Tusk returns out of illogical plot point.

How did both survive? Well, I guess by Fukuda's Seed Destiny track record, he wont explain it in detail or not at all. The biggest issue I had was not that how both survived, it was HOW BOTH GET TO THAT ISLAND WITH OUT ADVANCE FORM OF TRANSPORT so soon after Ange arrive in the speeder!!!!!!!! No where in the past episodes we seen (hint) them (or just Tusk) capable of teleporting. So unless that is another plot device seed by the big Boss, it is illogical. (The producers can actually easily make the distance covered thing work by introducing Tusk's mother's machine set on automatic that Tusk use as a backup to aid them as plan B.) Anything slower than a flying machine cant get them there so soon after Ange arrive... (despite they hint things with the floating thing Ange was on...)

Clearly a slow episode use as build up for the final set of episodes, but it lacks the selfcontainable logic and even logical shock value the series had with it to this date.
jackausMar 7, 2015 5:39 PM
Mar 7, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
jackaus said:

only watch the RAW version but by the show's own logic, this is perhaps the weakest episode to date, primary because there are too many unexplainable elements even to the logic / world design of the show's own universe.

The island part which is good, sets things right but the episode did not managed further develop much of Ange's character, because reset button pressed for character any progression once Tusk returns out of illogical plot point.

How did both survive? Well, I guess by Fukuda's Seed Destiny track record, he wont explain it in detail or not at all. The biggest issue I had was not that how both survived, it was HOW BOTH GET TO THAT ISLAND WITH OUT ADVANCE FORM OF TRANSPORT so soon after Ange arrive in the speeder!!!!!!!! No where in the past episodes we seen (hint) them (or just Tusk) capable of teleporting. So unless that is another plot device seed by the big Boss, it is illogical. (The producers can actually easily make the distance covered thing work by introducing Tusk's mother's machine set on automatic that Tusk use as a backup to aid them as plan B.)

Clearly a slow episode use as build up for the final set of episodes, but it lacks the selfcontainable logic and even logical shock value the series had with it to this date.

You know I have never watch Gundam Seed, is it good because I'm thinking about watch it.
Mar 7, 2015 6:31 PM
Nov 2014
[quote=
You know I have never watch Gundam Seed, is it good because I'm thinking about watch it.[/quote]

That series shows Fukuda's best and worst, the first half of Gundam Seed was a modernism reboot of Original Gundam and done rather well, but then it goes down hill with unrealistic/unmatched character personality changes, Mary Sue grow out of necessary of plot.

Then Gundam seed Destiny also starts out extremely promising, with great intense plot point, large scale battles and good setup of new character and conflicts.. but then it goes downhill fast once certain well ridiculed Kira All-mighty (Tusk's long lost distant planet brother) returns to center-stage...

Through out the series, You will find Fukuda's trademark over use of flash-back clips to force the point (fact) to audience that audience saw no build up or detail, barely explained important plot point with no more than 5 second flashback like clips, wtf personality changes and characters come back from the dead in clearly certain dead situation in previous episodes or even series!! It also has nice large scale mech battles, good tech designs, excellent music sound/song track that still is a joy to listen to even today plus the Prototype of Ange...

The whole Seed saga was extremely promising but at the end fall far short... that advertised Movie project was shelved by Bandai due to the polar reaction to Destiny plus Fukuda's wife fall sick.

Cross Ange saw Fukuda style restrained and many presentation and logic flaws saw in Seed series addressed... but you can clearly tell the guy is the actual series director of the show...

Seed series is highly recommended for the controversy / unevent quality alone!
Mar 7, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
jackaus said:
[quote=
You know I have never watch Gundam Seed, is it good because I'm thinking about watch it.

That series shows Fukuda's best and worst, the first half of Gundam Seed was a modernism reboot of Original Gundam and done rather well, but then it goes down hill with unrealistic/unmatched character personality changes, Mary Sue grow out of necessary of plot.

Then Gundam seed Destiny also starts out extremely promising, with great intense plot point, large scale battles and good setup of new character and conflicts.. but then it goes downhill fast once certain well ridiculed Kira All-mighty (Tusk's long lost distant planet brother) returns to center-stage...

Through out the series, You will find Fukuda's trademark over use of flash-back clips to force the point (fact) to audience that audience saw no build up or detail, barely explained important plot point with no more than 5 second flashback like clips, wtf personality changes and characters come back from the dead in clearly certain dead situation in previous episodes or even series!! It also has nice large scale mech battles, good tech designs, excellent music sound/song track that still is a joy to listen to even today plus the Prototype of Ange...

The whole Seed saga was extremely promising but at the end fall far short... that advertised Movie project was shelved by Bandai due to the polar reaction to Destiny plus Fukuda's wife fall sick.

Cross Ange saw Fukuda style restrained and many presentation and logic flaws saw in Seed series addressed... but you can clearly tell the guy is the actual series director of the show...

Seed series is highly recommended for the controversy / unevent quality alone![/quote]
Okay thanks. It sounds pretty good so I 'll give a chance to see how good it is.
Mar 7, 2015 6:43 PM
Sep 2013
I think tusk just impregnated ange with one of their four kids.There has to be a proper heir for cafe ange,so good forseight by both of them
Mar 7, 2015 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Deus ex machina? Where?

I really hope Sunrise explains this Jesus Resurrection in the next episode. Momoka "died" by the car explosion, not by the shot! (she probably used OP mana, lets see next ep). And Tusk? wtf? ninja?

I don't wanna hate this anime, next episode is decisive.

Loved that sonata-like piano OST btw.
Mar 8, 2015 12:25 AM

Sep 2008
Greatest show ever, simple as that.
Mar 8, 2015 1:40 AM
Jun 2013
Wait, that's it? No explanation whatsoever? Not even hints?
What? Tusk suddenly gained Embryo's ability to recreate himself after he dies?
Mar 8, 2015 3:17 AM

Sep 2011
wesley19905 said:
Dropped
Lmao XD
Mar 8, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2009
So basically Embryo wants to create his ultimate harem dream? Sounds legit.
Mar 8, 2015 3:45 AM

Feb 2010
Kirigaro92 said:
Jesus Yamato is back
Mar 8, 2015 3:52 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it. What a nice intro with Salia being spanked by Embryo. She's a real bitch suited for Embryo.
Chris still an idiot as ever. Well I don't care about her... It's good Ersha realizes what's happening. That white bra/flag though

As I thought last episode. It's impossible for Momoka to die since she got Mana.
She could survive that fall since she do it higher (sky) than the cliff fall.
So if Momoka is alive and Tusk manage to keep alive with just wounds he could be healed by Momoka.
Update: As the preview said Tusk changed into flameproof clothing that's why he's alive. What a ninja and a "Plot Twist/Armor" for real.

And damn did they do it? Well this wasn't a hentai after all... That ring for Vilkiss was really handy.
Then the creation of the "New World" begins... This must be another action pack for the next episode. And I can't wait for it!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 8, 2015 3:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Salia probably secretly enjoyed Embryo spanking her ass, even though she's still jealous of Ange.

Ersha finally figured that she has been manipulated this whole time. What a late realization though! She's indeed a stupid, empty, shallow whore. I don't feel the slightest amount of pity for her.

I like how Embryo didn't give a shit about the table officials once he executed his master plan. His thirst for "intelligent" women is real.

How the hell both Tusk and Momoka made it out alive!? That was totally a huge asspull, no matter how they sliced it.
Well, Tusk was finally able to penetrate his Tusk inside Ange. Damn, she was horny!
But, it'd be a great plot twist if both Tusk and Momoka actually turns out to be illusions created by Embryo, just as Ange first thought. Though I doubt that'd really be the case.

Above average episode. Pretty funny how they admitted to the convenient plot twist in the PV. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

Mar 8, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
This episode made last episode bullshit, thanks for explaining how Tusk survived. At least the Momoka had the bullshit fry pan thing. Embryo confirmed once again to be some kind of stupid asshole NWO shill

Fuck this stupid show, I can't believe I give it 5/5 two weeks in a row
Mar 8, 2015 3:57 AM

Apr 2014
lucidbrandon said:
This episode made last episode bullshit, thanks for explaining how Tusk survived. At least the Momoka had the bullshit fry pan thing. Embryo confirmed once again to be some kind of stupid asshole NWO shill

Fuck this stupid show, I can't believe I give it 5/5 two weeks in a row

You must be seriously gone mad. Go to a psychiatrist right away!
Mar 8, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
Lol.How did Tusk survive? They ignore that topic >.<
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 8, 2015 4:06 AM

Apr 2014
bjorno said:
Lol.How did Tusk survive? They ignore that topic >.<

Watch the preview or read below.
Kirigaro92 said:

How did Tusk and Momoka survive?…Of course during the scenario meeting we came up with multiple ideas, but ultimately, if we write it it wouldn't be interesting at all, so we just put it all in the episode preview. Tusk used the Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu) and an anti-explosive cloak using a fire jutsu (Katon no Jutsu).( Complete Non-Sense)... Momoka used a frying pan and mana to slow her fall.

RayzerMar 8, 2015 4:10 AM
Mar 8, 2015 4:06 AM

Sep 2013
Tusk survived by wearing a fireproof vest at the very instant when the explosion occurred. Go see the next episode preview.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Mar 8, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
It seems that those gunshot wounds inflicted on Tusk magically disappeared because he worn the fireproof vest as it allows the user to absorb all fire shots from the inflicted user. That's an amazing Mana-implemented armor bought at an expensive cost I'd assume.

It's amazing how a frying pan can fit into Momoka's body, I bet Vivian in transformed Dragon form can fit inside Momoka too and protect her. Probably another Mana skill that allows her to have infinite space expansion in her body.
redammoMar 8, 2015 4:36 AM
Mar 8, 2015 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
redammo said:
It seems that those gunshot wounds inflicted on Tusk magically disappeared because he worn the fireproof vest as it allows the user to absorb all fire shots from the inflicted user. That's an amazing Mana-implemented armor bought at an expensive cost I'd assume.

Most likely Momoka healed Tusk's wounds. But that "quickly change into fireproof vest" before or after the explosion was a complete non-sense.
I'll take Momoka's survival excuse because it make sense. Since she healed Ange and slowing down the fall in the sky (ep 19) with using Mana.
Edit:
redammo said:
It's amazing how a frying pan can fit into Momoka's body.

Wait. actually this one was stupid too. If only the frying pan was smaller or the way it was been take out by Momoka, somehow they could pull it off.
Well this is Anime Logic. That doesn't have anything to do with reality.
RayzerMar 8, 2015 4:51 AM
Mar 8, 2015 4:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Either this is the worst episode of anything in anime history (worthy of the Picard-Riker double facepalm), or I'm watching a piece of unparalleled brilliance that lies beyond my limited intellect. I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend it's the latter for a while.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 2015 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
Rayzer said:
redammo said:

Most likely Momoka healed Tusk's wounds. But that "quickly change into fireproof vest" before or after the explosion was a complete non-sense.
I'll take Momoka's survival excuse because it make sense. Since she healed Ange and slowing down the fall in the sky (ep 19) with using Mana.

Probably a Mana-implemented armor that allows user to quickly change into the suit as fast as you want. Yea, I'll take that.

Rayzer said:
redammo said:

Probably a Mana-implemented armor that allows user to quickly change into the suit as fast as you want. Yea, I'll take that.

And you know why he's always naked back at the start of the episodes? That's because he's been practicing with the armor for efficiency. He is trying to ensure that he can change into the armor when in combat mode.

What's more he didn't use it until the explosion happen because the armor is very silly looking, he would only use it when the explosion happen so that no one can see what he is wearing.

This stupid episode is full of plotholes.
redammoMar 8, 2015 4:49 AM
Mar 8, 2015 4:51 AM
Nov 2014
Farabeuf said:
Either this is the worst episode of anything in anime history (worthy of the Picard-Riker double facepalm), or I'm watching a piece of unparalleled brilliance that lies beyond my limited intellect. I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend it's the latter for a while.

If Fukuda dare to pull off a twist that shows Tusk show up was actually a projection by the big boss or by Ange's own power, so does momoka.. than this show would enter cult show hall of fame, else it ruins it for me but given I have seen Seed and Seed Destiny... it aint so much an unexpected thing, it aint the first time Fukuda ruin his own projects with wtf plot point.
Mar 8, 2015 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
jackaus said:
Farabeuf said:

If Fukuda dare to pull off a twist that shows Tusk show up was actually a projection by the big boss or by Ange's own power, so does momoka.. than this show would enter cult show hall of fame, else it ruins it for me but given I have seen Seed and Seed Destiny... it aint so much an unexpected thing, it aint the first time Fukuda ruin his own projects with wtf plot point.

Yeah, if that happen. I can imagine what the last episode of School Days to be like.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.