Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Feb 1, 2017 10:47 PM

Feb 2012
Is this during a time where you can't video tape people? That detective has no legitimate reason to just 'watch' criminals doing crimes - I know for a fact he can afford some form of camera.

F-grade detective. Glad he went to the void - can't even do his job right.
VyudaliFeb 1, 2017 11:04 PM
Feb 3, 2017 4:14 AM
Jan 2015
O: I think the detective could've shared his intel to his comrades so the police can arrest that stalker, does he no longer trust the police and believe in law?

Anyway I felt kinda disappointed when Kurokami spoiled everything to them -.- (like goddamn it Decim was doing his job =P) But then the outcome honestly surprised me as both of them showed their evil sides unaffected by her, very nice twist there.

p.s. Pablo a.k.a. wtf, what a cool name
http://i.imgur.com/S5M5DXP.jpg
HongKongPeopleFeb 3, 2017 4:19 AM
Mar 29, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2016
Tokoya said:
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD
Yeah I was wondering this too. Also it looks like Both got sent to the void
He died because of blood lose remember the guy stabbed him.
Mar 29, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2016
That was ironic the and atmosphere was so tense greatest episode so far, and filled with so manny emotions :-:
May 20, 2017 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
Oh wow, I had a feeling the detective ended up turning into a sociopath. Did not expect the kid to be his killer though. Sad how some good people go down the wrong path under extreme conditions. The detective's sense of justice became warped and dragged the kid down to hell with him :(
May 21, 2017 3:20 AM
Jul 2014
SO...how did Shimada die? Did I miss something?
May 28, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2008
buruakuma said:
SO...how did Shimada die? Did I miss something?

He got stabbed while killing the guy who abused his sister and bled to death after killing the detective.

Anyhow, the kid decided to take action because the police weren't gonna do anything. We learn that the reason they don't do anything is because of the detective, who let bad things happen so there can be victims.

One thing to consider is what's the difference between the detective becoming like he is before his death and the kid becoming that way after his death?
Jun 13, 2017 2:36 PM
Jan 2012

Wow, that detective guy is despicable. Poor Sae could have been saved if that guy wasn't a psycho.

Gosh, I feel so bad for the Shimada siblings.

Going by that smile on Shimada's face, he would likely go down a similar path as the detective if he was still alive, which would be super awful. If he is reincarnated, then he won't have any memories of his past life, but still. If he hadn't stabbed the blue thingies, it would be easy to say he should be the one to reincarnate, but now I wonder if any of them should.
Jun 16, 2017 11:23 AM
May 2017
That moment when the puck breaks is seriously a 20/10 moment. Black haired girl just explained to him that he's being judged, and that what he does next decides whether he gets reincarnated to possibly see his sister again or be sent to the void. You think he's gonna drop the knife, but then BOOM, the detective pushes him over the edge and he says fuck it to everything. Fuck seeing his sister ever again, he's gonna punish the detective for what he did instead. Powerful stuff, especially with that ending playing.
But what do u guys think? Did wat da kid do rite or wrong? should he held on to revenge or should he get revenge in some other forms instead of killing people 'coz bad people are just gonna keep popping up it doesnt mean u have to kill everyone of them,rite?
Jun 18, 2017 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
I thought it was stupid of him to get egged on by the detective when it was clear the detective was already going to hell and he was just trying to take him down with him because of his warped sense of justice. It was also completely pointless since they were both already dead.
Jun 29, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2010
YES! The anime is finally picking itself up again! It started out really strong in episode 1 and 2, morbid theme with psychological twists to it. Then after that, it was getting milder and more superficial. This really redeemed the anime for me.
Jul 4, 2017 5:40 AM
Nov 2015
Holy crap, eps 8 and 9 were the best until now. Death Parade is pretty awesome, I have to finish it quicky!
Aug 4, 2017 9:12 PM

Aug 2016
Lot of feelings. This is undoubtedly the anime that takes its characters to the limit.
5/5
Aug 11, 2017 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
Shimada did nothing wrong. The detective deserved worse.
Aug 19, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2017
omg that ending. I'm speechless
Aug 29, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
I'll suppose that both of them got a Premium pass to the void
Karasuno Fight!!!
Sep 1, 2017 11:31 PM
Mar 2016
this episode was....a lot to take in
Nov 22, 2017 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
This was a pretty powerful episode, only thing that annoys me is that we never learned how Shimada died, but I sure am glad he killed Tatsumi's crazy, fucked up, bitch ass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 18, 2017 7:32 PM

Feb 2012
To be honest I think it was too melodramatic. I couldn't take it seriously.
It had all the tropes: Tatsumi's villain laughter, Shimada's evil smile when he becomes corrupted, Onna's half punches to Decim...
BennyDelonDec 18, 2017 7:44 PM
Dec 30, 2017 5:28 AM

Aug 2017
' If you can't protect someone then kill the other person'

'If you can't change the world then change yourself'

The last minutes were intense.I still feel the chills.From the last episode I knew that they were both connected but still thier story was great. I thought that onna would stop shimada but it's a no-go.

Great Episode.
Xander_CageDec 30, 2017 5:34 AM
Jan 17, 2018 12:20 AM
Apr 2017
This is fantastic, I almost forgot to breath

This episode answer almost all of my questions about the qualification of the judge (They didn't really answer, but...)
Jan 30, 2018 10:06 PM
Jun 2013
The detectives point is flawed. If he wanted to kill the guy who was assaulting all these girls he could've right there and save this dudes sister the pain. What could've happened was the detective saved her by fucking stabbing him to death. Whos going to convict him the girl he just saved? As we saw he was just a broken dude who gave into hate and insanity nothing else. Sadly he also sprinkled that insanity to this guy who had a chance. I did like the little turn with balck hair and decim. I guess both went to the void.
Mar 18, 2018 11:23 AM

Oct 2016
O M G, It was amazing that the ending song sounded next to the scene, what a nice addition. I like to talk about this type of topics as the nature of the human being.
Mar 22, 2018 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
Pablo a.k.a. WTF!?
Yeah that was pretty distracting from the intensity of the ending lol

That's there because of NoisyCell. Look at the ending of Barakamon, you'll see the same thing.
Mar 26, 2018 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
Intense episode, I couldn't believe what I was watching. Great.
Apr 7, 2018 1:19 PM

Nov 2017
The conclusion to the previous episode, the two characters personal takes on justice were interesting and how their back stories connected
Apr 14, 2018 2:50 AM

Oct 2011
RIGHT IN THE FEELS
May 16, 2018 11:02 PM

Sep 2017
I liked the detective. He was the best guy in the series so far, even though, his intentions were sick.

When you kill as many people as he did, you automatically get that psycho smile. Just remember, Accelerator did it best.

Glad they figured that judgement ain't always good. FINALLY.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 3, 2018 5:36 AM

Jun 2017
Oh well...big fucking surprise - the self-righteous female character ruins everything on a whim, I hate this type of shit in anime so fucking much. Hopefully it gets better because imo the anime just lost 2 points on a scale of 10 for me.
Oct 26, 2018 2:44 PM

Jan 2010
These past two episodes were the closest to getting to the level of the original short I think. In part, the animation complements the emotional weight of what's going on. Mostly though, I'm actually invested in the characters. However, Decim's assistant did not help in these episodes at all. I'd much rather have the young man come to terms with his own demons alone, rather than having her tug and yell at him to control himself. The story itself is already really messed up. It needed a commentator to restate just how messed up it was, much less scream and cry about it. Just let the ex-detective and the young man resolve their own fight, however it may have ended.
Nov 7, 2018 9:34 AM
Jan 2016
This detective is trash, totally trash, after complete his vengeance, assisted Sae being violated, and didn't help her!

Poor Shimada, he have done his best for her sister, working hard and everything! And Poor Sae for sure!

Obviously Shimada wont reasist of pleasure to torture this damn detective!

Decim got rekt by Onna for sure! even at final! But she interving in Shimada decisio didnt help much!
Jan 21, 2019 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode so far! It was very intense and their reaction so wtf. 5/5
Jan 27, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2018
BennyDelon said:
To be honest I think it was too melodramatic. I couldn't take it seriously.
It had all the tropes: Tatsumi's villain laughter, Shimada's evil smile when he becomes corrupted, Onna's half punches to Decim...

Gods I totally agree with this opinion. There are so many posts here which say that 8 and 9 episodes were the best so far but I don't understand why. IMHO there was too much drama and every emotion felt so dishonest for me as it was overacted even for anime (where every emotion is always overacted a bit). So I'm disappointed a little.
Feb 23, 2019 11:58 AM

Jan 2019
Omg, What an Ending. I'm speechless.
Apr 19, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Kurokami's moral interjection was heavy-handed and not needed. The people being judged should be left to their own devices at the last stretch. It presents extremely compelling ideas but it just rams it all in like 5 minutes so they have to overcompensate.

Also, it should not have been two episodes. One episode would have been enough like in episode 4.

3/5
May 11, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2017
An intense ride from start to finish. I'm at quite the loss for words. Madhouse did a fantastic job. Describing the de-evolution of these two characters as unnerving is a complete understatement. It was shocking, really. The open ending was interesting as well. Nona's clearly intelligent, so I'm sure she knew this would happen. Again, what were her intentions?
May 14, 2019 10:05 PM

Jan 2019
It seems like some folks are saying that Kurokami's interjection was unneeded, and the two should have been left to work out the moral quandaries themselves.

From my perspective, the interjection was not for the sake of the two being judged, but for Decim, to demonstrate to him the failings in his own logic and practice. Sure she grabbed onto the young man and pleaded with him, but from what I can tell, she did that for the sake of Decim's realization, and not for the young man's moral standing.
May 20, 2019 8:48 AM

Jun 2009
women should be seen and not heard.
Oct 15, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2019
Dude, I never cared about Tatsumi at all, but seeing Shimada falling into depravity hit me so hard, specially while watching that wholesome memories in the ending.

I was actually wondering if both players had the possibility of going to the Void, since there was a couple that both Reincarnated. Sadly, I got my answer here.

I was kinda hoping Shimada reincarnated and could met with Sae in the future, specially when goth girl helped him out, but I guess that was too vanilla for the show.

PD: did we saw how Shimada died tho?
PD2: I know it's an old thread, but am I the only one who thought that last "grin" on Shimada was kinda ooc? After all, we saw that Tatsumi was a psycho, but Shimada never truly enjoyed killing. Like, he only did the wrong thing that many people would've done in his place, and even felt sick after doing so.
Dec 7, 2019 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
RottenOrange said:
Dude, I never cared about Tatsumi at all, but seeing Shimada falling into depravity hit me so hard, specially while watching that wholesome memories in the ending.

I was actually wondering if both players had the possibility of going to the Void, since there was a couple that both Reincarnated. Sadly, I got my answer here.

I was kinda hoping Shimada reincarnated and could met with Sae in the future, specially when goth girl helped him out, but I guess that was too vanilla for the show.

PD: did we saw how Shimada died tho?
PD2: I know it's an old thread, but am I the only one who thought that last "grin" on Shimada was kinda ooc? After all, we saw that Tatsumi was a psycho, but Shimada never truly enjoyed killing. Like, he only did the wrong thing that many people would've done in his place, and even felt sick after doing so.

I think it was to somehow justify Decim's final decision on his destination. Like, he deserves it somehow.

Dec 22, 2019 6:41 AM
Dec 2019
How did the kid die though? I thought they had to die at the same time? Did I miss something or was it completely overlooked how he died
Feb 21, 2020 4:37 PM
Jan 2020
Damn.. This episode was really, really amazing
Mar 7, 2020 9:06 PM
Nov 2018
i'm so glad black haired lady's talk no jutsu didn't work on the kid, i would have been disappointed. seeing the both dudes at their worst was exciting.
Mar 26, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Iffymantis said:
How did the kid die though? I thought they had to die at the same time? Did I miss something or was it completely overlooked how he died

eThan2807 said:
This episode was amazing but tell me something.. How did the boy Shimada die?

rapist stabbed him in the back, probably died from blood loss
WhiteTestamentMar 26, 2020 10:09 AM
May 14, 2020 9:58 AM
May 2020
Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.
bad choices is the word i associate with you
Jun 15, 2020 6:34 AM
Mar 2020
The ending left me so speechless. I was shocked and sentimental at the same time. No one expected that connection between the two. It blew my mind. The music and the tension, girllll when I tell you I gasped.
Jun 15, 2020 6:34 AM
Mar 2020
The ending left me so speechless. I was shocked and sentimental at the same time. No one expected that connection between the two. It blew my mind. The music and the tension, girllll when I tell you I gasped.
Jun 18, 2020 10:33 PM

Dec 2018
That boy is the type of person that would destroy the world for the sake of his sister.

The boy also got his revenge already by killing the rapist and the detective, but that is still not enough for him, he wants to torture the detective.

As a result, the detective "fight back" by dragging him to the void.

In the end, I think the boy had become a worse person than the detective.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 19, 2020 5:59 AM

May 2013
Wow, this was a phenomenal episode. The ending song is so fitting for this show now.

Kish0 said:
That boy is the type of person that would destroy the world for the sake of his sister.

The boy also got his revenge already by killing the rapist and the detective, but that is still not enough for him, he wants to torture the detective.

I think the same too. I feel both of them got sent to the void. They seemed to leave the elevator scene open to interpretation this time.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 19, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2018
KreatorX said:
Wow, this was a phenomenal episode. The ending song is so fitting for this show now.

Kish0 said:

I think the same too. I feel both of them got sent to the void. They seemed to leave the elevator scene open to interpretation this time.

Well, no doubt about it moreover, they showed the demon's mask at the end of the episode.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.