Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it was amazing, confirmation that Yona is really the reincarnation of the red dragon, confirmation that zeno is really inmortal and learning all that story about them all, it was awesome.
I am starting to think Soo-Won is the sword and hak the shield, I know Zeno said he was a shiel for yona, but I think he meant that his job was not fighting but to protect her, I don't think he is THE shield the gods were talking about.
I think Soo-Won is the sword, bc Soo-Won recognized that the kingdom needed a leader, someone who would make the kingdom stronger. And that is why he is the red dragon's sword, since he is rebuilding the kingdom and not letting his feelings stop him for what is good for his kingdom.
And Hak as the shield, since Hak has been protecting Yona from Soo-Won and any other thing, that comes around.
It is my believe that Yona is going to end up reconciling with Soo-won as a friend, since he is saving her kingdom, and the three of them will discover what happen in the past between Yona's father and Soo-Won's father.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Mar 8, 2015 1:48 AM

May 2010
Damn this is so sad, watching his comrades grow old and his friends die one by one.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 9, 2015 6:54 PM
Aug 2011
GAHH i caught up in the manga. so sad that i have to wait now. I was hoping the manga would wrap up soon but at this pace we have many more years left! This is a good and a bad thing for me.

anyways I predict that Soowon was actually ordered by the king himself to kill him. It only makes sense to me. The King probably had a plan in motion and entrusted soowoon to fulfill it. I think that would explain why the king was so hesitant with letting yona marry soowoon bc he knew that he was die by his hands that night. Either that or the King always knew that Soowoon would kill him and was prepared to die. The King had to know, otherwise he would never have had that dead giveaway reaction to the marriage proposal.
Mar 9, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
heartofthecards said:
GAHH i caught up in the manga. so sad that i have to wait now. I was hoping the manga would wrap up soon but at this pace we have many more years left! This is a good and a bad thing for me.

anyways I predict that Soowon was actually ordered by the king himself to kill him. It only makes sense to me. The King probably had a plan in motion and entrusted soowoon to fulfill it. I think that would explain why the king was so hesitant with letting yona marry soowoon bc he knew that he was die by his hands that night. Either that or the King always knew that Soowoon would kill him and was prepared to die. The King had to know, otherwise he would never have had that dead giveaway reaction to the marriage proposal.

I believe is more than that. I think the king knew the true nature of Soo-Won, for all his smiles and naive look, he knew his brother's son was in there.
I also think that Yona was recognized as the red dragon since she was a baby, and that's why he forbid her to use weapons and chased away the priests who talked to the gods, maybe they predicted that since the red dragon was born though time will come, that, that was the dragon's prophecy, maybe that is why he wanted to keep things peaceful.
Also I believe the brother opposed this, and even maybe tried to use baby Yona.
So he killed him, and as you said, maybe he knew Soo-Won would come for him one day, and wanted Yona to protect her from the ruthlessness of Soo-Won.
Just pure conjecture :p
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Mar 11, 2015 11:40 PM
Aug 2011
gabyta07 said:
heartofthecards said:

I believe is more than that. I think the king knew the true nature of Soo-Won, for all his smiles and naive look, he knew his brother's son was in there.
I also think that Yona was recognized as the red dragon since she was a baby, and that's why he forbid her to use weapons and chased away the priests who talked to the gods, maybe they predicted that since the red dragon was born though time will come, that, that was the dragon's prophecy, maybe that is why he wanted to keep things peaceful.
Also I believe the brother opposed this, and even maybe tried to use baby Yona.
So he killed him, and as you said, maybe he knew Soo-Won would come for him one day, and wanted Yona to protect her from the ruthlessness of Soo-Won.
Just pure conjecture :p

I like your thoughts on the shield thing. I think you could be right. But I still think theres still more to Soo Won. It can't be just revenge that drove him to kill the king. But Im liking your thoughts on the king knowing about the princess being the dragon. And yea, im convinced the king had to know soo won was going to kill him, planned or not.
Mar 17, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2013
The feels in this chapter. If people thought that Shin-ah's backstory was heartbreaking, how about in this one?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 19, 2015 5:03 AM
Mar 2015
where do i read this? mangafox is like 10 chapters behind
Mar 24, 2015 11:50 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, Zeno's past is the most depressing of all. His reaction when he first revived and was called a monster though was definitely quite the sight. I felt really sad though that Hiryuu died... TT^TT
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 PM

Oct 2014
zeno has been through a lot :/

and i realize how zeno would normally refer to himself in third person, but in this chapter he refers to himself in first person, i wonder what made him change the way he spoke?

and i believe that king hiryuu had some attachment to zeno, probably because he knew having the power of immortality would be pretty bad and zeno had been the one to get the power, and when zeno said that the things he had been experiencing as part of being immortal was disgusting really hurt hiryuu eventually leading to his death which is heartbreaking enough :(

poor zeno :(
Sep 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I feel bad for Zenos...

The dude needs a hug and honestly, I think he's been through quite a bit up to this point in the story. Still felt bad for him.
Sep 7, 2015 11:23 AM

Mar 2015
Just updated on kissmanga. Pretty good chapter learning more of the backstory of the mysterious Zeno, pretty sad backstory.
Sep 7, 2015 2:59 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Zeno.... :3

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 7, 2015 3:30 PM
Jun 2014
This chapter made me cry so hard omgg it's so sad! I also wonder if Guen had something to tell Zeno before he died but he never came.
Sep 8, 2015 12:13 AM

Oct 2009
Zeno's past is really sad.... :(
SkullcrusherSep 8, 2015 12:17 AM
Sep 8, 2015 1:50 AM
Jan 2008
This chapter was so sad TT I feel so bad for Zeno he was left all alone with his brothers' deaths and he lived we don't even know for how many centuries. But I think (I hope too) that Sensei after finishing the final battle, when the dragons will finally settle in peace, she'll let Zeno rest too until all four will be needed again. He really needs this rest. And he worked hard too.

but gaaah, Guen and Zeno's story is so depressing.... Guen was his the closest brother, but he was too scared to meet with him, it broke my heart into pieces D: he was fighting with people and he was feeling every dragons' lives getting weaker and weaker... dammit, my feels
KagurazakaSep 8, 2015 1:54 AM
Sep 8, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2014
Zeno's background is such a heartbreaker ;_; I just can't believe he has lived for so long, knowing he won't ever die and knowing his friends all died at some point.
Sep 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Zeno!! T^T

I guess that answered my question from last chap. He learned the hard way. Going in facing off armies by himself. GODDAMMIT this is sad.

I can see why this arc has been hyped so much. It's totally living up to hype.

Zeno living these 2k years alone waiting for the reincarnation of Hiryuu is so friggin cruel. I just can't wait to see how he reacted when he first felt Yona's presence.

Dat Zeno standing in front of an army page was epic and so depressing ;_;

I'm still wondering tho. Is Yona blood related to Hiryuu? Is she a descendant? And when did Zeno just leave the Hiryuu castle and start on his journey? And how Soo-won plays into this since he is technically related to Yona by blood
Barion-ZaraSep 8, 2015 8:18 AM
Sep 8, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Beautiful. My feels were hit...

Now, I'm kind of glad that they waited to do Zeno's proper background until later on. It really paints him in a different light (in addition to his "fighting" in the previous chapters). He da man.

If only this could be translated faster (and a second season would be confirmed for the anime already).
Sep 8, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't expecting to be hit in the feels like this. Damn. ;__;
Sep 11, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
That was simply sad, poor Zeno. Though I believe that when the current red dragon reincarnation does her job, he will be able to die.
Sep 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
Tragic doesn't even begin to describe what Zena had to went through...holy shit.
Sep 12, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Goddammit there are tears in my eyes now...

Amazing chapter, I loved seeing Hiryuu and the other first generation dragons. But seeing Zeno who's normally so cheerful cry and scream like that broke my heart... TT~TT

By the way, is it just me or does Hiryuu look like a red-headed Soo-won?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 3:27 AM

May 2014
These past two chapters were too sad man :(
Sep 17, 2015 4:36 AM

Nov 2014
THAT WAS HEARTBREAKING. Zeno's always so happy and cheerful, but oh my god that hit me right in the feels. How's everyone reading this so quickly????
Sep 19, 2015 3:28 AM

Nov 2007
Heartwrenching. Zenooooo~ *speechless*
I already loved you but with these past chapters, i love you even more.
I hope this time you will enjoy your adventures and may you find your peace along with this group.
inn0centdem0nSep 19, 2015 3:32 AM
Oct 2, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
T______T
Nov 9, 2015 10:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Crying so hard right now for Zeno. Immortality is always a sad subject to explore, and I think Kusanagi did it just as well as the others I've read/seen has done (if not better). Zeno's emotions were conveyed so clearly in this chapter, how everyone left and said that one day they'll return to Heaven like King Hiryuu did, but Zeno knew he would be the only one who wouldn't. And it just gets more and more heartbreaking, as Zeno feels his friends' heartbeats growing weaker, and knowing when one passes away. He kept Guen waiting too long, but I think it's understandable. Being with them and seeing them grow older and weaker would be a constant reminder to Zeno of his immortality. But at the end, I think Zeno felt regret, for not ever seeing them again. It was also really sad Zeno was the one taking care of the "small" skirmishes. They weren't small...he was going against troops! This chapter was evidence that I was right to feel that it was tragic when Zeno said that he had all the time in the world to fight. Because that's really what he was doing for a long time, fighting alone on the battlefield.
Jun 13, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2013
This was so heartbreaking. I cried heavily throughout the chapter. The anguish he must have felt really broke me :'(
Jul 6, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
What a heart-wrenching chapter... Zeno's crying out at the very end nearly broke me. :'( He may be my favorite dragon at this point now, gahh.

I can't even imagine the pain and despair that he went through, yet he still manages to have such a bright personality. I suppose that explains his sunny disposition. Loving this arc, can't wait to see the OVAs.
Dec 1, 2017 1:14 AM

Sep 2016
I love seeing other side of zeno
Can't imagine what is like to live 2000+ years
Jul 12, 2021 9:23 PM
Jun 2021
Damn this manga is getting so heavy. I didn't think it would turn this sad. It underrated!
Jan 9, 2023 4:02 AM

Apr 2017
Saddest and best chapter in the manga.  The guilt of never dying paired with feeling useful until everyone else died.  Not wanting to visit his brothers to be confronted with the fact that they die while he's forever immortal. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.