Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2015 4:39 AM
Apr 2013
I don't think I'd want a new season unless it focused on that asshole Ginti or the arbiter babe with the pink hair you saw sometimes. I couldn't watch Decim without Chiyuki.
Mar 28, 2015 6:20 AM

Nov 2014
Although some aspects were left behind (like Nona) the rest ended properply. I never got to know who was Nona's boss .. was it god? He calls himself the "closest thing to god" so does it mean there was a god behind all of that?

I would like to see a spin-off about Nona and what will happen to her since her boss is looking up on her. Anyway i enoyed the end.

Mar 28, 2015 6:33 AM

Apr 2011
Rating is gettin' so high. It was 128 when i was last time. Probably morning i think.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Mar 28, 2015 6:37 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:
It doesn't need a second season because it was nicely concluded.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Mar 28, 2015 8:29 AM
Jan 2015
Do I want a second season? Kinda. There were a couple of things that felt unfinished or rushed in the finale that I would like to learn a bit more about such as why the system even exists, how souls sent to the void get turned into arbiters, what happens between Nona and Occulus, where is God , etc. At the same time I feel like the quality of the series declined with each new episode and I really don't wish to see a show that I really loved in the beginning to get even worse with a second season.
Mar 28, 2015 6:49 PM
Aug 2010
I don't think it will happen. And I don't think it needs one at all. Sure, they could change some characters around and use the setting to start up another story, but I'm pretty satisfied with the series as it stands.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Mar 28, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
I hope we get an ova. A new season doesn't feel necessary.
Mar 28, 2015 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
I love the hell out of this show but giving it a second season has too much potential to ruin it. It's a nicely told, thoughtful story as it is. The questions that remained ambiguous or unanswered weren't that important, anyway.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 29, 2015 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
Will we get a second season?
No, I don't think so. Death Parade was too good.
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Mar 29, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
With the way they ended the series, a second season could butcher the ratings if the slightest thing goes wrong. As much as I'm sad that one of my fav series is ending, I am glad they end it in a very good way :)
Mar 29, 2015 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Aren't the sales really terrible?
Mar 29, 2015 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
LauraBirdie said:
Aren't the sales really terrible?

Superb Japanese tastes strike again.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Mar 29, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Drake1000 said:

Seeing the high production quality of this show, the chances for a s2 are slim.

On the other hand some generic harem called Saekano is first in sales, proving again the Japanese shit taste.

Why is it that whenever time is taken to create a good show/movie, the rest of society stomps it down
just to cheer on the ones that are like all the others.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Catch me on Deviantart at CaptainKaspurr
I draw animu bishies
Mar 29, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
linoone said:
Drake1000 said:

On the other hand some generic harem called Saekano is first in sales, proving again the Japanese shit taste.

Why is it that whenever time is taken to create a good show/movie, the rest of society stomps it down
just to cheer on the ones that are like all the others.
This is why we can't have nice things.
i rather have saekano season 2 than death parade
Mar 29, 2015 4:00 PM
Feb 2014
It had a great ending so idk if they wanted to make another season

I WANT ANOTHER SEASON though

It is pretty hard to come up with all those game ideas idk what they could do to keep it interesting other than causing some chaos between the arbiters with that old man and Nona or idk adding more options where to go or whatever

GIVE US ANOTHA SEASON YO
Mar 29, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
I think it ended just fine. I don’t think there is the need for a second season. Also, if sales were that bad as people are implying, then the possibilities of getting another season are close to zero. This is a business after all. If there is clearly no demand, then why would I, as a studio, willing to take a risk and make more of it?

Drake1000 said:

Just because people in Japan like series like Saekano more, doesn’t mean their tastes are shit, and vice-versa. Honestly, I can see the Japanese saying the same about our tastes as well (mind-blowing, right?).

Moodie said:
i rather have saekano season 2 than death parade

I would rather have a second season of Saekano than this as well. Why? Because Death Parade ended just fine.

Apr 6, 2015 1:28 AM
Jun 2013
I'd love a spinoff with a new arbiter + decim and nona as side characters to flesh out the mythology. I especially wanna know more about the situation with god
Apr 6, 2015 5:43 AM

Sep 2014
Lol, Saekano is an anime about Japanese Otaku, so it's rather centered around Japanese audience. This is obvious that it gets more sales there than a show as bas as Death Parade which is overhyped by Western plebs.
Apr 8, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2007
Oh man, reading this thread is despressing. It's so fucking shameful that brilliant anime like this with great characters, interesting concepts, intense plots, and beautiful moments gets low sales. Meanwhile, generic harem shit with generic looking shitty waifu girls gets easy sales. Fuck otakus and waifu culture. Fuck moe.

Death Parade is easily anime of the year. Yes, 2015 just started and it aired in January, and im saying this now with no doubt. Absolutely beautiful show.
Apr 10, 2015 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
I'd rather not see a second season. Well I would enjoy but I feel as if a one or two episode OVA would be better so we at least know what all has changed now.
My signature is lame...
Apr 12, 2015 7:32 PM

Mar 2014
I don't think a season 2 is necessary. The ending was pretty satisfying imo.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 14, 2015 2:10 AM
May 2009
Kinuika said:
The show doesn't seem to be doing so well in Japan so I have a bad feeling it won't be getting a second season.

The fact that chiyuki is gone, it just doesn't feel like it would work as a series anymore.
Not to mention nona being under watch.
May 14, 2015 2:12 AM

Jun 2014
StrawberryRain said:
I don't think a season 2 is necessary. The ending was pretty satisfying imo.
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 15, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2009
RPG2000 said:
I think it ended just fine. I don’t think there is the need for a second season. Also, if sales were that bad as people are implying, then the possibilities of getting another season are close to zero. This is a business after all. If there is clearly no demand, then why would I, as a studio, willing to take a risk and make more of it?

Drake1000 said:

Just because people in Japan like series like Saekano more, doesn’t mean their tastes are shit, and vice-versa. Honestly, I can see the Japanese saying the same about our tastes as well (mind-blowing, right?).

Well, THAT. Also, it is thanks to the japanese that anime exists and we're spending time talking about it right now, so I really don't feel we have the right to criticize their taste. I just don't think they care that much about our opinion, japanese people are very self-contained.

Regarding DP, I liked the ending but I felt like there's much more to this "universe" of Quimdecim and jurors and so on to explore. How did it began? How are jurors created? What Nona said about jurors not being just dolls and have human feelings really applies?

I also wanted to see more of Ginti's story. I liked his character more than Decim's but his story at the end only felt like it was made so that the anime could last 12 episodes. I didn't really understand the point of his story, despite liking it.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
May 19, 2015 2:18 AM

Nov 2014
So Season 2 has a chance or not?
I saw the site linked up before, but I think it's a prank.
"Purtroppo non si può tornare nel passato, devi fartene una ragione. Anche se è stato il periodo più bello della nostra vita.. il passato è passato." (Eikichi Onizuka
May 26, 2015 4:37 AM
May 2015
I was kinda HOPING for a second season, but reading these posts crushes it.
Jun 1, 2015 5:25 AM

May 2012
S2 please.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 15, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2010
Kinuika said:
The show doesn't seem to be doing so well in Japan so I have a bad feeling it won't be getting a second season.

Nooooooooooooooooo!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2015 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
j0x said:

except majority of anime profit comes from japanese buyers, the japanese discs are price expensively while american and european anime discs are bargains/cheap

so hope that japanese buys the discs of this and reach at least a 10,000 average disc sales
?? How much are they in Japan? I don't buy DVDs but aren't they like $100 per season minimum? To me that is expensive for something I only will ever watch once.

From what I've seen while I was there, a single disk containing 3 episodes could be sold around ¥4,000. The complete Angel Beats series in Blue-Ray was like ¥20,000 to ¥25,000. I remember that I saw the first season of Walking Dead at ¥16,000.
Jun 29, 2015 12:22 AM

Mar 2015
I've went to amazon.co.jp to look for the Death Parade BDs and I found out that they only sell the BOX package with all episodes. Now this kind of BOX set is harder to sell because it's more expensive. So it's hard for Death Parade to sell to people who don't know this series. Only fans would buy this anime.

Now these are retail prices that you'd find in your local Japan store.

The limited edition of this BD Box set is 32,400 Yen
The normal BD Box set is 23,760 Yen
The DVD Box set is 19,440 Yen

Although Amazon.co.jp offers discounts and promos

The limited edition of this BD Box set is 24,400 Yen
The normal BD Box set is 17,658 Yen
The DVD Box set is 14,448 Yen

This is quite expensive ranging from 150-350 US dollars. There's no way for people who never watch this anime to buy this box set, because usually they will go buy the 1st volume first which consists of episode 1-2 and see if the series is worth buying.

Also this series have no manga or anything that can boost its popularity. So this is going to be hard to sell. So it's almost no way to get a second season with low BD sales.

For reference:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%E3%83%87%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BB%E3%83%91%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89
DarklordVorJun 29, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 29, 2015 11:47 PM

Jun 2013
Don't want one. The beauty of DP is that they told a simple story but powerful story concisely in 12 episodes. The whole inconclusiveness in the Nona v Occulus battle is intentional. Their characters don't really represent people as much as ideas (Nona that emotion is important to judgments, Occulus that emotion is an impediment), and to have one win is to imply that one philosophy is right, which really is supposed to be up to the viewer
Nov 29, 2015 11:51 PM

May 2014
I don't want one either. I believe it's not like they have much of a story for them to unfold.
Dec 21, 2015 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
Godhood said:
Kinuika said:
<br />
This.<br />
<br />
And the concept doesn't need to be expanded on any further.

They could make a season based on another arbiture or something tayloring what the flowerhead guy said -- 'god hasnt visited in a while' (( i think it was something along those lines))
Jan 1, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
There is more to a series success than bd sales.
Releasing it in a boxset shows that the bd sales isn't the main goal of the anime, if they wanted more money they would have released it normally.
I think NTV completely funded this anime, so who knows.
Jan 24, 2016 10:48 AM
Sep 2012
While the story ended great and the "loose ends" make it all even more enjoyable in their own way, I think they could pull off a movie. And now I'm thinking Madoka Magica: the series was good on its own, without that last movie, but they turned things around, answered some questions that maybe nobody thought of and made everybody ask new ones that they were never gonna answer. And it was a mind-blowing work, imo. But it's not necessary to the story. You can enjoy the series without watching the last movie if you don't want to spoil it for yourself.
I think Death Parade could pull something like that off and it has the potential of being pretty awesome. Unless they blow it. It has potential... but I think I'd still vote for a movie even if they ended up blowing it.
Feb 9, 2016 1:09 AM

Feb 2012
My heart wants a sequel but my brain understands that low sales, as well as a lack of narrative to go from this point forward would lead to the series just tapering off with a lack-luster finale.

This way, it ends with the strongest emotions that it can coax from it's viewers.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Aug 4, 2016 8:40 PM
Apr 2015
what would be dope is that, if they can get the rights for it, is make a season which they make each episode feature two characters from another anime, and put them in tight situations( they already had a cameo with light in the first season). Just think about it... johann and dr. tenma
Aug 25, 2016 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
It sold pretty horribly. It's soundtrack sold more in fact.
So 0% chance I say.
Sep 3, 2016 10:39 PM
Dec 2014
I feel split about getting a second season... On one hand, I think that there is alot they could do with Decim being the only Arbiter that has human emotions. On the flip side, I feel that the main part of the story is over for the most part, and I don't really know how much they could develop on besides that...
Nov 14, 2016 10:16 PM
Oct 2016
I'm kind of surprised to see soo many people say they actually don't want a second season. Studio Madhouse has done amazing work and this show, to me, is no exception.

Yes, some things were nicely concluded by the finale, but I felt like there was still enough material left open-ended to justify something more than a simple OVA or two to explain. Such as when Oculus (or one of the arbiters) said: "God hasn't come around for a while" ~ or something along those lines. Well, who is this "God" character, what is he/she/it doing and why? That's just one focal-point, too. There's also the potential of seeing what happens with arbiters who do end up having human emotions, since Oculus played on that soo heavily, stressing constantly how much it would be a failure to Nona, even insomuch as to threaten her for simply trying. Also, how are arbiters created? How are these assigned to the task of judging the dead when they themselves are made up of all the "evil" souls that were dropped there? How come Ginti made models of particular people he judged? Was he, behind that irritable facade, trying to understand emotions like Decim was? What was the meaning behind Clavis's words when he told Decim "You stole my material"? I got a list of all these unknown baits, and it goes on and on.

To me, just these few questions could orchestrate a worth-while second season if written properly. In the end, I was made to believe that the show was more about the girl than it ever was about the arbiters and their realm, but they shouldn't have dropped soo many backstory lures if they were only ever going to expand on the immediate front-line (even though I think Nona and Oculus were a huge missed opportunity)

Nonetheless, I do plan on buying the blu-ray of the series this month. I know the odds of them creating another season is slim, but I will be here for it if and when they do.
Nov 14, 2016 10:18 PM
Oct 2016
BlankMemories said:
what would be dope is that, if they can get the rights for it, is make a season which they make each episode feature two characters from another anime, and put them in tight situations( they already had a cameo with light in the first season). Just think about it... johann and dr. tenma

Or Light and L? lol Light Yagami already made a cameo! xD

Too bad they didn't die at the same time! Would have been a hella interesting game!
Dec 10, 2016 1:51 PM
Dec 2016
We talking about Madhouse right here sooo, yeah idk. Lets just hope we do. Im not one of those retarded as$ mofos who just say "no we wont have another season" blah blah blah. That sh*t is annoying asf. Ruining people's hopes and sh*t lmao
Jan 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
I Just Finished Watching Death Parade,I Still Have Many Questions.Hope This Gets A Second Season :)
Feb 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
I mean considering how one of the main focuses of the plot was how the judgment system was completely flawed and how there's still no explanation on where the world of the arbiter's is from then, yes, it does need a second season. There's also the matter of the flower man who says arbiter's shouldn't have human emotion, what will he do? Basically, nothing has been resolved except Chiyuki's judgment.
Jesus Walks
Mar 1, 2017 10:59 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah most likely not. It concluded well and the concept was explained well by the end of it.
Mar 1, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2015
At this point, I just want something to explain the rest of the story for me... Season 1 ended with some cliffhangers that felt very much like "tune in next time!" to me, but since an adaptation seems unlikely I'd even take just a manga or a book or something >_>
Apr 5, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
IT WILL
“Death Parade” Season 2 Possibility

Madhouse studios produced “Death Parade”. As the series met mixed reviews so the studio was confused about the future of “Death Parade”. After much discussion the studio has finally decided (in October 2016) to give green light to Second run of “Death Parade”. But there are still many problems with “Death Parade” season 2. First of all, there is no information regarding the plot and episode list of Season 2. Yuzuri Tachikawa, the writer of original series will write the second season. Madhouse is yet to announce the actual release date of “Death Parade” season 2 but we believe that it will be somewhere around fall 2017 or early 2018. We will keep an eye on further updates about second season of “Death Parade” and will update this page as soon as we get any news about the second season. You can subscribe our newsletter to get the latest details about your favourite anime show Desu Paredo.
THE PAGE LINK http://filmschoolwtf.com/death-parade-season-2-release-date/
Apr 20, 2017 12:15 AM

Jan 2017
im surprised we didnt get more from this series, it was amazing
Apr 30, 2017 5:15 PM

Sep 2013
SolidWoIf said:
im surprised we didnt get more from this series, it was amazing
its an original, meaning that they made the whole shit up. For us to get a season 2 someone would have to give the writers permission to start writing because currently there is nothing to go on.

i found this anime to be unique and interesting so its pretty sad
Apr 30, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2017
I really liked the conclusion and this anime in general, and I don't really want a second season, however the concept is still pretty interesting and they could explore a lot more topics with it.

If there will be a second season though, it should be in a completely different "bar" with a completely different cast.

"That's my precious
image of happiness..."

- I have no clue... -
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.