Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 26, 2015 5:33 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
holy shit shiwoon rekt this 9AD

the best part in this chapter is how 9AD tries to calm him down and says "dont lose your mind" like wtf
JousukeFeb 26, 2015 5:42 PM
Feb 26, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
It can never be like it was back then.
Feb 26, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2008
Taewan said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
holy shit shiwoon rekt this 9AD

the best part in this chapter is how 9AD tries to calm him down and says "dont lose your mind" like wtf

Yeah, I sincerely hope Goomoonryong gets put in his place.
Feb 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, here we go. This is going to be a royally painful beat up after what happened.
Feb 26, 2015 6:01 PM
Feb 2015
Damn. 7 pages wasted on flashbacks.

I don't think Shioon can surpass 9AD yet. Sure he has a lot of ki, but he lacking on experience & fight knowledge.
Feb 26, 2015 6:13 PM

Oct 2014
Hooooy Boy... Shioon is tired of your shit 9AD... Time to throw down.
Feb 26, 2015 6:13 PM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
Oh boy, here we go. This is going to be a royally painful beat up after what happened.
Next chapter is going to be great!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Feb 26, 2015 6:26 PM

Nov 2014
best chapter in so long, am i wrong or was that last page a combination of this new "phoenix Rebirth" state and balck heaven and earth origin threshold?

i could be wrong but from what i've noticed the distinct feature we notice about black heaven and earth technique origin threshold (not sure if thats the right name its so long its hard to remember) but the white part of the eye around the iris turns dark almost looks deep red and their pupils become white. also their breath is drawn a lot like raging fumes from his anger not sure if thats exactly why but anyway, the phoenix rebirth state gave lots of white ki and made it look like there were drops of ki flowing off of em kinda like narutos chakra cloak like hes just surrounded and key and its flowing like a fire around him occasionally flickering off and disappearing into the air

I could be wrong about this as well but i think this is the first time that shi-oon has addressed 9AD as goomoonryong always called him teacher or sunsaengnim probably means he no longer sees him that way might also be symbolic of a mental switch being flipped destroying his affection/attachment to 9AD kinda sad but i dont even know 9AD real name dono if they ever told us or gave us a fake name when he was a teacher or something been so long though gues they say it in this chapter as chun-woo han wonder what he meant about in place of your teacher i come here as chun woo han i had wondered if there was a case of slight multiple personality inside 9ad
bromainsFeb 26, 2015 6:30 PM
Feb 26, 2015 6:38 PM

Dec 2013
OMFG THAT FACE AT THE END!!!

Although the flashbacks went for too long. It just felt like it was trying to stall.
Feb 26, 2015 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
Ah come on, I hope he regains his faith in 9AD fast. Of course, 9AD has to distance himself from the organization and all the other bad guys first, but making an enemy of him isn't needed at all. There should be a small fight to get their points across, but no deathmatch or anything permanent.

He was manipulated by Elder Kwon on his death bed and I think Shioon should stand over that even if he loved Kwon. Kwon died by his own choice (he attacked him even though he knew he was too wounded AND he pulled back in the last moment) so the hate on 9AD is misplaced in my opinion.
He needs to be able to build his own opinions and take the choices he thinks are right. And deep down he knows that the real 9AD is a good and caring person (as shown in the flashbacks). We've seen this conviction for the whole series now and just stepping on that would really suck.

If Shioon's hate on 9AD is going to be permanent, 9AD might really break. He only had 2 people in the world who cared for him. One of them was killed in his arms (and hopefully will be revived by the end of the series) and now Shioon might break their relationship as well.

Guess I need to see the next chapter(s) first, there might be a bit of dialogue before the brainless bashing starts.

And while I write all of this, until now I never really cared for 9AD and only wished to see more of Shioon. But I just don't want their bond to be ripped apart by other people's manipulative plays.
Feb 26, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
Shioon the destroyer has entered the building. 9AD better start running fast.

RiukixD said:
Ah come on, I hope he regains his faith in 9AD fast. Of course, 9AD has to distance himself from the organization and all the other bad guys first, but making an enemy of him isn't needed at all. There should be a small fight to get their points across, but no deathmatch or anything permanent.

He was manipulated by Elder Kwon on his death bed and I think Shioon should stand over that even if he loved Kwon. Kwon died by his own choice (he attacked him even though he knew he was too wounded AND he pulled back in the last moment) so the hate on 9AD is misplaced in my opinion.
He needs to be able to build his own opinions and take the choices he thinks are right. And deep down he knows that the real 9AD is a good and caring person (as shown in the flashbacks). We've seen this conviction for the whole series now and just stepping on that would really suck.

If Shioon's hate on 9AD is going to be permanent, 9AD might really break. He only had 2 people in the world who cared for him. One of them was killed in his arms (and hopefully will be revived by the end of the series) and now Shioon might break their relationship as well.

Guess I need to see the next chapter(s) first, there might be a bit of dialogue before the brainless bashing starts.

And while I write all of this, until now I never really cared for 9AD and only wished to see more of Shioon. But I just don't want their bond to be ripped apart by other people's manipulative plays.

It's not misplaced. Shioon tried to talk to him and get him to snap out of it and 9AD didn't even after the drugs wore off. 9AD had opportunities to prevent this and didn't. Now he reaps what he has sown. He also had no right in this chapter to tell Shioon to calm down.
Darklight0303Feb 26, 2015 8:03 PM
Feb 26, 2015 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
haha..he enter the beast mode.

Feb 26, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
It's not misplaced. Shioon tried to talk to him and get him to snap out of it and 9AD didn't even after the drugs wore off. 9AD had opportunities to prevent this and didn't. Now he reaps what he has sown. He also had no right in this chapter to tell Shioon to calm down.

You are partly right about this chapter. 9AD talked to him as the person he is and not as his teacher. What Shioon is doing right now is probably bad for him (his body or mind) so he tried to prevent that.

About the other thing: Kwon was just a stubborn old geezer when he died. It was a fight between Shioon and 9AD but Kwon just interfered and attacked 9AD (even though Shioon ordered him not to). You can't say 9AD should just take other people's attacks without defending himself.
Feb 26, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
Nine Arts Dragon has officially broken Shi Woon's trust and now Shi Woon is going full on beast mode. That last page looks fucking amazing. So hype right now.
Feb 26, 2015 8:57 PM

Oct 2013
wll this was a good chapter seeing that flashback made me remember how much i enjoyed part 1
and now shioon severed his trust in his teacher and called him goomoonryong for the first time and attacks him and next week i guess the final fight begins?
Feb 26, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2008
RiukixD said:
Darklight0303 said:

You are partly right about this chapter. 9AD talked to him as the person he is and not as his teacher. What Shioon is doing right now is probably bad for him (his body or mind) so he tried to prevent that.

About the other thing: Kwon was just a stubborn old geezer when he died. It was a fight between Shioon and 9AD but Kwon just interfered and attacked 9AD (even though Shioon ordered him not to). You can't say 9AD should just take other people's attacks without defending himself.

He could have defended himself nonlethally.
Feb 26, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:

I don't think the attack would have killed him if Kwon didn't stop his own attack midway. :/
Feb 26, 2015 10:33 PM

May 2014
Next chapter is going to be great. It is just a pain to wait that long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
Crap, but the last page was cool.

Might be cool again if 9ad dies.
Feb 26, 2015 11:31 PM
Sep 2013
I would be nice if shiwoon breaks 9ad's ki center
Feb 26, 2015 11:54 PM

Sep 2011
bromains said:
best chapter in so long, am i wrong or was that last page a combination of this new "phoenix Rebirth" state and balck heaven and earth origin threshold?

i could be wrong but from what i've noticed the distinct feature we notice about black heaven and earth technique origin threshold (not sure if thats the right name its so long its hard to remember) but the white part of the eye around the iris turns dark almost looks deep red and their pupils become white. also their breath is drawn a lot like raging fumes from his anger not sure if thats exactly why but anyway, the phoenix rebirth state gave lots of white ki and made it look like there were drops of ki flowing off of em kinda like narutos chakra cloak like hes just surrounded and key and its flowing like a fire around him occasionally flickering off and disappearing into the air

I could be wrong about this as well but i think this is the first time that shi-oon has addressed 9AD as goomoonryong always called him teacher or sunsaengnim probably means he no longer sees him that way might also be symbolic of a mental switch being flipped destroying his affection/attachment to 9AD kinda sad but i dont even know 9AD real name dono if they ever told us or gave us a fake name when he was a teacher or something been so long though gues they say it in this chapter as chun-woo han wonder what he meant about in place of your teacher i come here as chun woo han i had wondered if there was a case of slight multiple personality inside 9ad

Wow you have a lot of misinformation... First, that's not breath coming out of his mouth, it's excess Ki. Second, They said his name a few times in the first Breaker, it's Chun woo han and no he doesn't have multiple personalities. Third, He meant he's coming to him as an equal not his teacher. Hope that cleared things up for you.
Feb 27, 2015 12:11 AM

Oct 2013
Now this is the Shiwoon I really wanted to see. But knowing him, I don't think he'll even go as far as to break 9AD's arm/leg, let alone kill him. 9AD is no pushover either, so even after this phoenix rebirth, I doubt it'll be easy.
Feb 27, 2015 12:20 AM

Apr 2013
seriously fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this fucking author. First 6 or 7 pages of flashbacks and two blank pages? Fuck i hate this guy. Love his series, but I hate him. The last 4 chapters could have all been done in 1. This guy like to stall so fucking much just so he can get his cliffhangers. He's fucking worse than Tite Kubo when it comes to wasting panels. Jesus.
Feb 27, 2015 12:42 AM

May 2011
HAHAHA elder Kwon is probably laughing now from the hell xD I assume he's like "eat it madafuka, it's great that my death wasn't in vain". Anyways, I don't think they'll fight next chapter, Shi-Woon's friends will be trying to prevent him from clashing with his master before doing anything reckless.

It's so sad that he can't trust his master anymore, Although everyone was warning him not to get too close to the 9AD (because he's the bad guy), he was brushing all that off, poor him :( he kept faithful to his master until he betrayed the shit out of him. Goomoonryong deserves what it's about to be done to him. I can't believe that he did that to his disciple :/ so cruel.

I can't really tell which one is on fault, The 9AD ordered Shi-Woon not to get involved anymore in the murim world, that being said, he didn't obey his master, and restored his broken ki center, that's why the 9AD was so furious when he saw Shi-Woon for the first time after a long time.

NudeBear said:
seriously fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this fucking author. First 6 or 7 pages of flashbacks and two blank pages? Fuck i hate this guy. Love his series, but I hate him. The last 4 chapters could have all been done in 1. This guy like to stall so fucking much just so he can get his cliffhangers. He's fucking worse than Tite Kubo when it comes to wasting panels. Jesus.

The Master Of Cliffhangers award goes to...
Feb 27, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, he should break his ki-centre. I hope Shi-Woon can kick his ass quite a bit.
Feb 27, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2008
RiukixD said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't think the attack would have killed him if Kwon didn't stop his own attack midway. :/

Here's the thing though. Shioon clearly showed he cared for the old man. From that point on 9AD could have stopped fighting altogether. But he only does when Shioon is about to unleash the pain. Too little too late. 9AD dug this grave for himself.
Feb 27, 2015 1:46 AM
Sep 2013
In terms of raw talent, body constituation and ki resources shiwoon is way ahead of his master but his master still has a lot more experience than him.I wouldn't be surprised if the conclusion of this fight will be a draw
Feb 27, 2015 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
I don't know what to do between chapter releases cause sh*t is going down.
:)
Feb 27, 2015 3:34 AM

Nov 2011
loses 21 pages of fucking bullshit to give a tiny glimpse of what we expected in the last page ,that's how you do it
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Feb 27, 2015 4:12 AM

Feb 2012
Turning point for Shioon, fucking finally.
Feb 27, 2015 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
"Don't lose your mind"

What hypocripsy
Feb 27, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2008
ClawViper7 said:
"Don't lose your mind"

What hypocripsy

Precisely. He is really not one to talk about keeping sane
Feb 27, 2015 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
becool said:
loses 21 pages of fucking bullshit to give a tiny glimpse of what we expected in the last page ,that's how you do it
Although the next chapter SHOULD be amazing
Feb 27, 2015 4:55 AM

Aug 2012
Grrrrr.... and I was like: "There is going to be some action finally", Yeah right >.<
Again I have to wait 1 more week to see 9AD begging for his life :D
Feb 27, 2015 5:19 AM
Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ClawViper7 said:
"Don't lose your mind"

What hypocripsy

Precisely. He is really not one to talk about keeping sane

Ya shiwoon has more mental fortitude than his former piece of shit teacher.You might be thinking that he snapped at the end of this chapter but I am pretty sure he is totally fine when it comes to his mental state he is just done with licking his teachers dick and that's exactly why elder kwon sacrified his life,he wanted to break the ties between the two because it is an unhealthy relationship which gives shiwoon only grief and harms the reputation of his beloved clan if the clan leader starts kneeling before a muderer and terrorist I would have done the same thing-Elder know wasn't trying to manipulate shiwoon in hating his former teacher he just wanted to protect him as a person and the legacy of his clan
wtfitsmegamanFeb 27, 2015 5:24 AM
Feb 27, 2015 7:06 AM
Feb 2012
This is a lousy soap opera and you guys should feel bad for being so eager to get swept up in it.
Feb 27, 2015 7:08 AM

Apr 2008
ARGHfuzzkaboom said:
This is a lousy soap opera and you guys should feel bad for being so eager to get swept up in it.

You're welcome to go elsewhere
Feb 27, 2015 7:29 AM
Nov 2007
So many pages wasted on useless flashbacks... ;(
Feb 27, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
Holy cow , I was thinking of no longer keeping this in my favourites and then the author goes and does something like this
Long live cha shioon Gaju of the sunwoo clan
Feb 27, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
What a incredible chapter, the art was excellent and it seems that finally Shioon follow their own path, I feel that an epic fight is to come in the next chapters, will be difficult endure another week ..
Feb 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
NudeBear said:

Actually bro, the authors are not having the capacity to make more pages. Kubo does because he wants (and not has ability artistic for something better). Kubo has a lot of workers, and most of its pages are blank frames. If I'm not mistaken, since November they lost three assistants and are with one. Not for nothing that they do so many cliffhanger. It is that they have no ability to make enough pages. This will likely be a problem by the end of this part (New Waves). And they earn by chapter released, then they can not stop. Not because they want the chapters are well this format.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Feb 27, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
Fierce! 8)
Feb 27, 2015 4:00 PM
Sep 2011
It makes me realize his art was better back then... It's quite bland now honestly
Feb 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
Yuhrita said:
It makes me realize his art was better back then... It's quite bland now honestly
Even with that face at the end?!?
Feb 27, 2015 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
Yuhrita said:

What are you smoking? His art has improved tremendously since the first season
Feb 27, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2011
too good >.<

TOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOODDD :'(
Feb 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
Here we see the manga equivalent of a clip show...
Feb 27, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
RiukixD said:

Actually, the reason elder Kwon did not pull back was to make Shiwoon hate Goomoonryong and stop being held back by his feelings. He died on purpose to get the results we see in this chapter
Feb 27, 2015 6:08 PM

Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Yuhrita said:

What are you smoking? His art has improved tremendously since the first season

Exactly.
Feb 27, 2015 6:13 PM

Oct 2013
fullmetal_adam said:
Here we see the manga equivalent of a clip show...

survivor_hero said:
NudeBear said:

Actually bro, the authors are not having the capacity to make more pages. Kubo does because he wants (and not has ability artistic for something better). Kubo has a lot of assistants, and most of its pages are blank frames. If I'm not mistaken, since November they lost three assistants and are with one. Not for nothing that they do so many cliffhanger. It is that they have no ability to make enough pages. This will likely be a problem by the end of this part (New Waves). And they earn by chapter released, then they can not stop. Not because they want the chapters are well this format.

^ This.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 140 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

12 by SoulArcher »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

59 by yveltalkyogre »»
Nov 23, 2022 2:33 PM

» The Breaker Season 3

KazukiMakoto - Jul 16, 2016

4 by Grazih »»
Aug 8, 2022 7:10 PM

» Breaker season 3 page

floater9 - Jun 3, 2022

3 by Chronowarp »»
Jun 18, 2022 6:20 AM

» Season 3 coming this spring

Tybor - Mar 20, 2022

24 by Busujima_Saeko »»
May 19, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.