Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
>Too much nyan
>No 8 days off a week
>Strikes
Feb 8, 2015 6:24 PM

Aug 2014
Hmmm somehow I don't feel anything at all to the other girls.. Like seriously, they're like fooling around most of the time and they're not even trying seriously to become an idol.. Why Anzu even there if she dislike work anyway?

The strike scene also seems unnecessary. For Miku's character development? PFFFTT
I do like the concept of having each girls with different quirks in their personality though, but they're seriously need to pick up the pace.. I don't want to end up dropping this series tbh..

Kay_LiteFeb 8, 2015 6:39 PM
Feb 8, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2007
I can understand what other people say here, but sincerely, this anime is just pure paradise for a fan of the game. Congrats to the idols that got voices this week <3

I really wonder why in the world they didn't make different endings like in the previous iM@S though ):

I want to see Minami's stickers...
Feb 8, 2015 9:11 PM
Feb 2015
Tsumi-tan said:
I can understand what other people say here, but sincerely, this anime is just pure paradise for a fan of the game.

I hope you're joking. I really do.
Because as a Rika fan, it's very painful to see her shaming.
Feb 8, 2015 9:20 PM
Dec 2010
Tsumi-tan said:
I can understand what other people say here, but sincerely, this anime is just pure paradise for a fan of the game.

That's the problem, the anime was made to satisfy existing Cinderella Girls fans and to cramp as many cameos as possible. Rather than being a good anime that everyone, fan or non fan of Cinderella Girls, can enjoy. And the sad thing is that the game did a better job giving character and personality to the 14 main girls than the anime has so far.
Feb 8, 2015 10:41 PM
Feb 2015
I see I have to repeat: the WORST thing about the adaptation is that it pretty much spits in the fans' faces.
Unless you are a fan of those 3, or the most mature girls.
Akagi/Anzu but above all, Rika fans are only getting the middle finger.
Feb 9, 2015 2:34 AM
Sep 2010
heinzendegger said:
I see I have to repeat: the WORST thing about the adaptation is that it pretty much spits in the fans' faces.
Unless you are a fan of those 3, or the most mature girls.
Akagi/Anzu but above all, Rika fans are only getting the middle finger.

Ok seriously dude you are seriously taking this Rika thing way to damn far. I just looked at other discussion sites just to see what others think and I'm constantly seeing you in each one basically complaining about the SAME thing, seriously calm down. Need I remind you that we are only at 5 episodes in a 2 cour show. They'll probably give you your fanservice when it time to focus on her. And honestly I don't see how they are giving Rika fans the middle finger by not letting her do fanservice. Yeah the characters refused her to do sexy poses, but you know what its called a JOKE dude. You are over analyzing things, if they didn't like her then why put her in the main cast?
Feb 9, 2015 3:29 AM
Feb 2015
Um, no.
Covering up her midriff (and HERS ALONE) on that scene where she fantasized how her unit would be with Minami and Anya wasn't only an accident.
Neither are her baggy trousers, or her whole treatment.
She is reduced to Akagi's level, and obviosly on purpose not to show fanservice of a kid.
Feb 9, 2015 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
I hope they give every girl a chance to shine, because after 5 episodes, I'm favoring less than half of the team and most of them just felt like a waste of screentime. I'm sure things would get better in the future but for now I rather see the other professional singers in action more.
Feb 9, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Narration by the air of a lot more fun than the previous episode, relaxed atmosphere and nothing marred by tragedies which so changing context.
I hope, however, that the narrative in the future become less comedy and more serious.
Plot that progresses in a linear fashion, not bad; drawings of good quality, scenarios very well made, good A1!
Feb 9, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
Was that a nod for Girls' Generation?

Man, the producer was socially awkward as fuck. This whole episode felt pointless tbh since it could all be resolved if the producer had just told them earlier. I mean it's not like he's an inexperienced manager, surely he ought to know how to handle his artists.
Feb 10, 2015 12:36 AM
Sep 2010
heinzendegger said:
Um, no.
Covering up her midriff (and HERS ALONE) on that scene where she fantasized how her unit would be with Minami and Anya wasn't only an accident.
Neither are her baggy trousers, or her whole treatment.
She is reduced to Akagi's level, and obviosly on purpose not to show fanservice of a kid.

Yeah that ONE scene (a minor one at that) where they decide to not show her midriff clearly means that the writers hate Rika. That doesn't prove anything you're just nitpicking little things and over analyzing them over a character who hasn't had much focus FIVE episodes in. Oh and on her baggy pants, so what Mika was also wearing baggy pants during dance training. And guess what, Mika was only sexualized DURING her work so my guess is that they are gonna let Rika wear sexy clothing when she actually debuts and starts doing jobs, because that seems to be the case for Mika. Theres really no point for her to wear sexy clothing (asides from blatant fanservice) during training.
Feb 10, 2015 12:57 AM
Feb 2015
Zetsuei380 said:

Yeah that ONE scene (a minor one at that) where they decide to not show her midriff clearly means that the writers hate Rika. That doesn't prove anything you're just nitpicking little things and over analyzing them over a character who hasn't had much focus FIVE episodes in. Oh and on her baggy pants, so what Mika was also wearing baggy pants during dance training. And guess what, Mika was only sexualized DURING her work so my guess is that they are gonna let Rika wear sexy clothing when she actually debuts and starts doing jobs, because that seems to be the case for Mika. Theres really no point for her to wear sexy clothing (asides from blatant fanservice) during training.

No. 5 episodes in, zero fanservice of her, extra covering up of just her, and telling her that she shouldn't act like that.
I have pretty solid grounds to think they are doing this on purpose, especially since even Miku had a fair share of fanservice already.
Feb 10, 2015 2:38 AM
Sep 2010
heinzendegger said:

No. 5 episodes in, zero fanservice of her, extra covering up of just her, and telling her that she shouldn't act like that.
I have pretty solid grounds to think they are doing this on purpose, especially since even Miku had a fair share of fanservice already.

Yeah and within those five episodes she has only made an appearance in four of them, and three of which she only had approximately 2-3 minutes of screen time in each one. The only time she made a significant appearance was in this one, which was more focused on them (Miku in particular) reacting to not debuting. Thats hardly enough time to form "solid grounds" in this 25 EPISODE SHOW. Yes they didn't want her doing sexy poses in ep 4, but that was more of characters reacting to her in order to create a joke. Yeah they covered her up, but honestly though ( I haven't played the game so correct me if I'm wrong) at least half of the cards I found on google and project-imas.com show her in non revealing clothing anyway so I don't see what the big deal is. Honestly I have yet to see anyone else view her lack of fanservice as an insult, so as far as we know its just YOU thats interpreting this , not the rika fanbase as a whole, just you (and maybe a select few).
Feb 10, 2015 2:44 AM
Feb 2015
She is a sexy type idol.
She isn't getting fanservice, while all other passion idols did.
Yes, it is an insult to me, I don't know about her other fans, but they probably feel the same way.
Feb 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
TripleSRank said:
Was that after character development, or was it meant to be part of the character development? I view heavy drama (or, worded differently, drama for the sake of drama) to be a form of fanservice, so I'm pretty lenient about it if there's some decent justification.

In this case part of the problem was thanks to Miku not being fleshed out as a character. She isn't even two-dimensional at this point: Her catgirl trait and her persistence completely consumes the entirety of her character. That's not good if she is indeed a primary character.

The other part that contributed to this is the lack of setting context, at least as given by this series. If this is the sort of world where idols can go around goofing off all the time and get away with it, that needs to be made more clear somehow. When contrasted with the seriousness of the marketing and concert preparations, Miku's childish behavior just doesn't fit.

It depends, most of the time they used drama for character development and others after development. The big problem is that the ones that used drama as development didn't get enough time for us to care. Adding to the fact that the subject of those drama were pretty minor really did not help. The reason for so little time is spent on them is because they tried to introduce all of the characters in the FIRST episode . The original series was made for the fans of games who already know the characters, leaving those new to the series confused.

Honestly the fact Miku didn't get fired didn't really bother as much as others. I often chuckled at people expecting realism in an idol anime (especially Idolm@ster). Idol animes in general (except Wake Up Girls) have always sugar coated everything and are not accurate representations of the cutthroat nature of the idol industry.

Like I said, it's one thing to sugar-coat it or have an idealistic setting, but this was more jarring than anything. There needs to be context for this sort of thing to be accepted; any form of fiction is assumed to be like reality unless noted. It's why people can accept that Superman can fly, yet are skeptical that his workers never recognize his face or voice at work.

Making a strike and causing a scene places the show in the context of reality, even if it's an idealistic version of reality. If they're going to treat the idol job seriously in one context, it should be treated seriously in another.
Feb 10, 2015 9:57 PM
May 2014
^

I found this episode rather...cringeworthy. Don't get me wrong, I am fine with the 5 in the first wave, especially Shiburin. But, like a handful of the other girls have rather unacceptable quirks. Which agency would keep whiny/slacking idols? Miku really drew the final straw this episode. Anzu entertained me, but I still can't see how she still got to keep her job. I am not sure if this is something that is established as acceptable in the series, or in Japan, but I assumed not because of the other IM@S' context, which is a fair comparison with realism/idealism aside.

In the other IM@S, a similar scenario happened where only a select few got to make their debut/unit at first, and the worst case was just one of the girls sulking/almost quitting after getting her hopes shot down due to a misunderstanding, but she has extraordinary talent and effort to back her up (she practically carried the whole cast the next day) - not to mention that it was partially the producer's fault there.

Basically in the first IM@S, all the girls are relatively mature and professional despite their different personalities, but here some of the girls are simply shameless kids even though 765 is supposedly much more casual than 346. Well, since no one got fired from 346 and I still like the franchise, I hope Miku's character's going to be well developed from now on and no more implosive drama will take place.
Feb 11, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
The cast seems to get more irritating each week.

The events this episode...seriously? Going on strike? Well...there goes my suspension of disbelief.
Even for a setting as idealistic as The Idolm@ster, that crossed the line. I understand Miku's grievances but considering they're working for a big and well established company, that level of unprofessionalism is bit too much.

I enjoyed the original and I really want to like this too. Which is hard when everything that is supposed to make an idol anime good has been so poorly done.
Feb 12, 2015 2:06 AM
Dec 2010
oneroaddict said:
Basically in the first IM@S, all the girls are relatively mature and professional despite their different personalities, but here some of the girls are simply shameless kids even though 765 is supposedly much more casual than 346.

My impression is that 765 = Morning Musume while 346 = AKB48. 765 is smaller than 346 but not necessarily more "causal", 346 is just an mass production idol factory looking for idols to milk and throw away.
Feb 12, 2015 11:25 PM

Nov 2014
Hoppy said:
The previous Idolm@ster is better and has a solid cast.
Well, tbf they're still on their 5th episode. As for me, idolmaster cinderella girls have a better start than the first one considering almost half of the first idolmaster isn't even an idol show, it's a random slice of life with idol background.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 13, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
Miku was super irritating this episode. I understand how she feels but she took it way to far. So far, I couldn't sympathize with her.

Anzu was pretty funny this ep. How she perked up at the word "strike" got a laugh out of me.

Ranko is probably my fave out of the girls who aren't debuting. The rest are pretty meh. Kirari's voice is annoying as hell.

Anya is cute as ever.
[center][/center]
Mar 8, 2015 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
Cringed hard because of Miku. Hate the Cat girl and all her Nya~~'s

She deserves no sympathy for being a spoiled and impatient child...

No problems so far with the rest of the cast....

Honestly only watching because of Ranko, Rin and Anzu.

Mainly Rin though...
Mar 18, 2015 2:27 AM
Jan 2012
...Still don't seem to be on the some ground as anyone else watching...

Though if I had to choose one person to favor the least it would have to be... The tall one that keeps carrying Anzu around... I'm still fine with her, but she definitely isn't one of my tops... Perhaps I'll like her more than I do now when the time for her episode comes though...
May 17, 2015 9:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well, this episode show which idols are the spoiled brats. Honestly I don't consider the girls who went on strike as idols because they are too immature and don't know what patience is. Girls like Shibuki Ran from Aikatsu would make those girls who were on strike know the real meaning to hard work.

The bad thing of having so many characters and very few episodes, is the lack of character development.

Rin's group is quite interesting. New Generations as the unit name, not bad, I like it.

Jul 26, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
I wasn't fazed by Miku's strike stunt since it only lasted for a few minutes lol... in fact her speech and her teary face has turned me into a fan.. she's adorable. Though I wouldn't say she's in my top 3 in the anime... those spots are reserved for Anya, Rika and Uzuki~
Dec 9, 2015 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Anastasia was looking really cute with those Cat Ears. The Name 'New Generations' sounds good.
Oct 4, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2010
Man these girls are annoying. Like theres no unity, lots of jumping to conclusions and stupid n pointless drama. I much prefer original idolmaster girls over these, half of them look the same. Honestly its such a waste of beautiful animation when the script is meh. I can bear some of them tho which is. reassuring.

And producer is the best. I love, would marry.
Oct 19, 2016 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
I put this show on hold for over a year and picked it up now for the im@s memes. This episode was kinda cringy, but I do like most of the idols even if they're walking archetypes.
Sep 22, 2017 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
Working hard to not get results really gets frustrating so I can understand how they feel, thankfully looks like things will get well soon.
Jun 27, 2020 7:03 AM

May 2018
Lol that's one of the worst protests I've seen
Aug 20, 2021 1:41 AM

Feb 2020
That protest in the beginning was funny.

And sure, they went into a serious strike later, haha.

"I finally won, nya!" Aww. :3

The Nyan-nyan unit. <3

Nya overlorad.

I guess New Generations is an ok unit name.

SerafosDec 21, 2023 11:15 AM
May 30, 2022 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. It seems managers and stuff have big plans for Mio, Uzuki and Rin.. Looks like we'll have some problems.. Pressure will be big.. And others who are not getting their projects are displeased too..
Hm.. So lewdness is actually stable trait of Rika.. Interesting to know..
Well.. Good thing producer was near and they managed to talk things out.. But yeah..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.