Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 3, 2018 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like yaoi because the fans annoy me.

Some straight guys just aren't attracted to men, so they don't wanna see them kissing. That's what one guy who hated m/m told me. I don't really understand it but yeah.
Apr 3, 2018 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
wow, what a bunch of 'generalizations' on this necro thread lol...ok bye!

Apr 3, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 2018
It isn't that people hate yaoi because it has male on male action, but more that many anime fans don't actively look for it. I haven't actively looked for yuri or yaoi anime because I simply don't care. I enjoy every genre in anime, but I don't actively go looking for niche genres such as those stated above, not because I find them repulsive (I do like yuri, just not in anime), but rather because it doesn't significantly affect the anime i'm watching, whether it is present or not.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Apr 3, 2018 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
-Judar- said:
Because yaoi is an atrocity with garbage-tier art and garbage-tier romances, and don't get me started on fujoshis. Plus, its for fat, ugly, and socially inept girls with no life and whom nobody likes.
Besides, I don't like yuri either.

KazuroWeisemann said:
*Inserting obligatory 'Its Disgusting' comment to trigger people here and cuz its fun*

Yea , Its disgusting , Yuri and Yaoi Both ..

Never change, kazuro.

AAyy woman of culture .. Have we met on forums before? sorry i vaguely remember you but i guess we met on a similar thread ..

I envy how boldly you stated those facts on a MAL forum .. I need to regain my ability to do that ...

You have your profile comments disabled .. I can't comment and thats why u never get replies from me ..

Anyways , you asked about re zero , Only shows that cater to all audiences do not get any hate .. If there is a show only for a specific audience say shoujo , the people who don't generally watch shoujo or dislike shoujo (Which will be quite a lot of people) will dislike that show because they went into it expecting something else entirely .. Similarly people who does not appreciate Isekai fantasy with psychological and thriller elements (Or triggered rem fans don't get me started) may hate re zero ..

I heard grancest senki is a good anime but people hate it just because of episode 9 .. Well thats it for major reasons .. Re Zero is still ranked where it belongs so i don't really mind ..
KazuroWeisemannApr 3, 2018 11:59 PM

Apr 3, 2018 11:57 PM
Mar 2018
cuz its gay lmao get that gay shit outta here nigga fuck off with that gayyy shitt niggaaa fucking gay as hell. what are you, fuckin gay ey?
Apr 3, 2018 11:59 PM

Apr 2016
Because its Yaoi basically and also because its fanbase.
Apr 4, 2018 1:38 AM
Feb 2018
KazuroWeisemann said:
*Inserting obligatory 'Its Disgusting' comment to trigger people here and cuz its fun*

Eh, most of the times it's the other way around, it's people who get triggered by the mere mention of yaoi because they are used to the world being their safe space lol.

-Judar- said:
Because yaoi is an atrocity with garbage-tier art and garbage-tier romances, and don't get me started on fujoshis. Plus, its for fat, ugly, and socially inept girls with no life and whom nobody likes.

As opposed to what, the average well adjusted anime fan?
Apr 4, 2018 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
AdolChri said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

Eh, most of the times it's the other way around, it's people who get triggered by the mere mention of yaoi because they are used to the world being their safe space lol.

-Judar- said:

You seem new to MAL then .. Here people will force you to like yaoi and won't shut up about it , We get a thread about yaoi almost every month (That's why I put the comment that way because I am so used to commenting this)

There are people who are disgusted by it and thats a simple fact ..

Apr 4, 2018 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
I just don't like it. I just don't like seeing guy x guy relationships. I don't like Yuri too. Also, because of the fanbase.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Apr 4, 2018 6:52 AM

Feb 2010
KazuroWeisemann said:
AdolChri said:

You seem new to MAL then .. Here people will force you to like yaoi and won't shut up about it , We get a thread about yaoi almost every month (That's why I put the comment that way because I am so used to commenting this)

There's also people who are disgusted by you & your homophobic friends, and that's a simple fact.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 4, 2018 6:56 AM

Dec 2012
Pullman said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

There's also people who are disgusted by you & your homophobic friends, and that's a simple fact.

That's welcome thank you .. My bait finally worked .. I am not interested in playing house with these kind of people either so appreciated ..

Apr 4, 2018 7:59 AM
Feb 2018
KazuroWeisemann said:
AdolChri said:

How does anyone force you to like Yaoi? Do they force you post into the yaoi threads and talk about it? There are a bazillion of threads on MAL about pretty much anything.

My point was pretty much true, people like you get triggered by the mere mention of something that doesn't pander to them and proceed to tell us how offended they are by it.
Apr 4, 2018 8:15 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I hate using the "yaoi" term and struggle to use BL because connotations of fans and fujoshi using it has really damaged it beyond belief.

But in other context for someone who enjoys gay media and has read more then enough "yaoi" I feel like the extreme love for it's genre is annoying. Reading shitty reviews giving half baked premises a 10 and saying "I know this isn't the best and the story isn't that original but...." gives me hives. These girls just give high scores and high regards to men kissing and fucking and I literally am so fucking lost. Maybe 13 year old me would possibly get it but still think quite a few stories belong in the trash. Many of them are so badly written and have 0 regards on most fronts for what being gay or exploring sexuality even means. Modern stuff has this but we're talking rare occurrence here.

Apr 4, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
I dont like it i think yaoi or Yuri its shit i have no interest in watching it i really dislike romantic stuff i rather watch people fight or get cut up because its funny and more interesting
Apr 4, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
Stripes said:
I hate using the "yaoi" term and struggle to use BL because connotations of fans and fujoshi using it has really damaged it beyond belief.

But in other context for someone who enjoys gay media and has read more then enough "yaoi" I feel like the extreme love for it's genre is annoying. Reading shitty reviews giving half baked premises a 10 and saying "I know this isn't the best and the story isn't that original but...." gives me hives. These girls just give high scores and high regards to men kissing and fucking and I literally am so fucking lost. Maybe 13 year old me would possibly get it but still think quite a few stories belong in the trash. Many of them are so badly written and have 0 regards on most fronts for what being gay or exploring sexuality even means. Modern stuff has this but we're talking rare occurrence here.

This should be upvoted to the top so that everyone can see it.
Apr 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
AdolChri said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

How does anyone force you to like Yaoi? Do they force you post into the yaoi threads and talk about it? There are a bazillion of threads on MAL about pretty much anything.

My point was pretty much true, people like you get triggered by the mere mention of something that doesn't pander to them and proceed to tell us how offended they are by it.

They do alright .. It does not sit well with them that I don't watch it .. I wish I could screenshot it and post it here .. What else are you expecting? Make a 'Why people hate yaoi thread' and ask , then when given the answer that its repulsive , They will start bashing you calling homophobe and such (Music to my ears , that word) .. Basically , this thread is a giant LGBT apologetic bait .. They attract people like us and try to bash us .. It may not seem such at first glance but believe me , I have seen enough of this posts since 3 or more years ..

These posts never seem to end because nobody ever reaches an answer .. Or they reached but they don't accept it .. I have a slight hope that people understand and stop these threads once and for all for the betterment of the community .. Go to the forum search bar and type 'Yaoi' And see what happens ..
KazuroWeisemannApr 4, 2018 9:15 AM

Apr 4, 2018 9:25 AM
May 2016
Its the same thing when you ask me why do i hate sol or mecha.
Because they dont interest me.
Not particularly because its gay.
Apr 4, 2018 10:02 AM
Feb 2018
KazuroWeisemann said:

They do alright .. It does not sit well with them that I don't watch it .. I wish I could screenshot it and post it here ..

I seriously doubt it. In fact, I would say you are making it up. Why would anyone be upset that you - a straight dude - aren't watching Yaoi? Why should we care?

The fact that your signature literally is devotes on shitting Yaoi and Yuri mostly just reveals your insecurity

They attract people like us and try to bash us .. It may not seem such at first glance but believe me , I have seen enough of this posts since 3 or more years ..

Stop blaming other people for your problems. You chose to post in these threads.

These posts never seem to end because nobody ever reaches an answer .. Or they reached but they don't accept it .. I have a slight hope that people understand and stop these threads once and for all for the betterment of the community .. Go to the forum search bar and type 'Yaoi' And see what happens ..

Understand what? Again, you could simply not post in these threads. Post in the waifu threads or loli threads or whatever.

But you don't, because for all your "I'm so tough, I'm going to trigger these people" impression, you are clearly triggered by the mere presence of something you don't agree with and it feeds into your victim narrative. But at the end of the day, you are just another insecure straight dude triggered by the presence of gays in some medias. Wow, news at 11. No, we are not triggered by you, you are hardly a novelty.
Apr 4, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
AdolChri said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

They do alright .. It does not sit well with them that I don't watch it .. I wish I could screenshot it and post it here ..

I seriously doubt it. In fact, I would say you are making it up. Why would anyone be upset that you - a straight dude - aren't watching Yaoi? Why should we care?

The fact that your signature literally is devotes on shitting Yaoi and Yuri mostly just reveals your insecurity

They attract people like us and try to bash us .. It may not seem such at first glance but believe me , I have seen enough of this posts since 3 or more years ..

Stop blaming other people for your problems. You chose to post in these threads.

Understand what? Again, you could simply not post in these threads. Post in the waifu threads or loli threads or whatever.

But you don't, because for all your "I'm so tough, I'm going to trigger these people" impression, you are clearly triggered by the mere presence of something you don't agree with and it feeds into your victim narrative. But at the end of the day, you are just another insecure straight dude triggered by the presence of gays in some medias. Wow, news at 11. No, we are not triggered by you, you are hardly a novelty.

The one thing I realized from your comment is that you didn't understand a thing I said .. That's okay really , I am not really going to stick around and waste my time but If I see these threads ever again .. I ll be back with the same thing and who knows .. Perhaps I may tag you as well ..

Apr 4, 2018 10:09 AM
Feb 2018
KazuroWeisemann said:
AdolChri said:

The one thing I realized from your comment is that you didn't understand a thing I said .. That's okay really , I am not really going to stick around and waste my time but If I see these threads ever again .. I ll be back with the same thing and who knows .. Perhaps I may tag you as well ..

Yeah, I can see you are very triggered and very focused on maintaining a victim narrative.
Apr 4, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
AdolChri said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

Yeah, I can see you are very triggered and very focused on maintaining a victim narrative.

Pftt , yea whatever .. follow your delusional assumption and wander blindly for the rest of the eternity ..

Apr 4, 2018 10:20 AM
Feb 2018
KazuroWeisemann said:
AdolChri said:

Pftt , yea whatever ..

> I am not really going to stick around and waste my time but If I see these threads ever again

Good job not sticking around.

follow your delusional assumption and wander blindly for the rest of the eternity ..

Also you tried to hard to sound deep for someone that types like a dummy. Ellipses don't make you look smart, learn proper grammar.
Apr 4, 2018 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
1. I'm normal
2. Most of them are garbage
3. I'm normal
Apr 4, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2012
My answer lies in the very definition of the word:
Yaoi: “A Japanese genre of fictional media focusing on homoerotic romantic or sexual relationships between male characters.”
I don't watch straight hentai and usually avoid ecchi too what makes you think that I'd watch gay hentai?

TickTockOtaku said:
Some anime fans would stay far away from yaoi. It doesn’t matter if a certain anime show has great animation, well-developed characters, interesting plot or amazing writing.
Um... so where is this great animation, art, development and story? Also falling in love with your abuser doesn't count as "development" in my books. Initially straight MC falling for an abusive guy just because he's "pretty"/"hot" doesn't count either. Fujos may not consider hitting, constant use of insults or attempted rape as "abuse" but I certainly do.

I guess the point that I’m trying to make here is that I think more people need to be more open-minded about yaoi, and actually give it a chance. Two male characters who love each other shouldn’t “gross” you out. It shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable; it shouldn’t make you feel like you’re “scarred for life”. Because at the end of the day, these characters represent human beings showing true human emotions, and it doesn’t matter what gender they are. It might even help you learn and grow as an anime fan, and maybe find a whole new perspective on this genre
Seeing graphic sex and rape scenes does gross me out, be it straight or homo. Seeing fujo bring those rapey fantasies into normal or fujo-bait/all-male anime grosses me out even more.

Give me something decent and I'll watch it. No rape, no abusive/forced relationships, no graphic sex scenes. Does yaoi even have that?
Apr 4, 2018 1:50 PM

Sep 2016
Lonely-Wolf said:
i completed 1100 anime and not even 1 yaoi anime is in there im proud of this and will carry my legacy with honor
sorry all tolerantic peoples but yaoi is disgusting any fellow countrymen where i live would say the same nature created a woman and a man and when they unite they created a new life and so on legacy continues but when two guys connect circle stops and its just wrong its againts the very law of nature thats just wrong sorry im full straight and i dont accept gays i wouldnt say that i hate them but its just about acceptance i never accepted that and will never will
sorry this is pure wrong

If this is really a bait than you live a sad life
Apr 4, 2018 2:16 PM

Mar 2014
The yaoi must go on. Haters will just have to deal with it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 4, 2018 2:20 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
Stripes said:

This should be upvoted to the top so that everyone can see it.

Thanks there bro. Keepin it very real.
Apr 4, 2018 2:44 PM

Feb 2016
TickTockOtaku said:
silversongwriter said:
"Two male characters who love each other shouldn’t “gross” you out. It shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable; it shouldn’t make you feel like you’re “scarred for life”"

Do straight people choose to feel that way? No... I think it's gross cause I just do. It has nothing to do with a persons thought process... there is no thought process involved in finding somethign gross.

It's gross because... there's no reason. it just is. I love yuri, but if someone doens't, particularly a girl... Fine... I don't go around saying "anyone who doesn't like yuri is judgement to lesbians"... that's bullshit.

And if a gay person is grossed out by what straight people do... fine. That's okay, it doesn't make them heterophobic

Of course you don't "choose" to feel grossed out. But I think there is a reason to it. It's probably because of how society has indoctrinated people by pushing this "traditional" ideas of a man and a woman being together for many centuries now. People have grown accustomed to it and became part of the culture, so when they see something "different", it baffles them or even disgusts them. I think that if we all lived in a world where we were all treated as equal human beings from the very start, there wouldn't be a problem. That's just what I think.

traditional ??? so being gay is considered luxury in your opinion ?
what you are saying is wrong in many ways , I'm not the one to talk about these stuff since it's not my field of knowledge and haven't studied about it much but since beginning of the time as I know there were females and males and they did mate as a way to grow their species so it is not traditional , it is what it was and will be and to be honest they shouldn't show gay stuff on tv since it is misleading and has bad influence on children. people can learn about it after they have matured (usually 18 years) and to be honest you love people as friends not as lovers , if you are a guy and love a guy well he's a friend that you cherish a lot and that's it you dont go around doing things :/ if you haven't felt the love to the other gender then again imo it is just a matter of time .
and you are free to do what you want so long as you don't go advertising it which seems to not hold true with the current gay society , they're screaming it everywhere .
Apr 4, 2018 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
Some people say that yuri is not their thing and no one bats an eye.
Someone says that yaoi is not their thing and people are losing their minds.

People like different things.
Most of the time when my brother sees yaoi he goes like "eww" but he's cool with me liking it so I'm cool with him not liking it.

I don't mind if some people find it bad or even disgusting as long as they keep it for themselves and don't straight up say that it's *blablabla* whenever they can.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 4, 2018 4:11 PM

May 2017
I've been a yaoi fan since I was a young teen, but most stories feature very unsettling rape and power dynamics so I haven't watched much. The same goes for the recent yuri anime that's been released. I don't like romance as a genre because it's mostly lame shoujo, but if it's something with characters that play well off of each other and actually have a connection, that's what I get off on

The genres of yaoi and yuri are mostly dedicated to sexual happenings. A yaoi series will not only feature BL, but also sexual sequences. Some people just aren't into that. Just like I'm not a fan of ecchi. I think BL shows that don't feature sex should either have a separate genre, or be referred to as a romance, rather than yaoi. The word yaoi itself probably puts most viewers off
Apr 4, 2018 4:52 PM

Feb 2015
demision said:
I think BL shows that don't feature sex should either have a separate genre, or be referred to as a romance, rather than yaoi.

It exist and is called shounen-ai.

There are titles that mention sex to show that it's happening offscreen but don't show it or feature suggestive scenes like in Vassalord. (vampires and stuff), when Cherry was sucking's Rayflo's blood. If you cut the frames and show someone without content, he would think that it's a sex scene because of character's positions and expressions.
It's mostly about romance tho, kisses, holding hands and all that cute stuff.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 4, 2018 6:48 PM

May 2017
Hakaminah said:
demision said:
I think BL shows that don't feature sex should either have a separate genre, or be referred to as a romance, rather than yaoi.

It exist and is called shounen-ai.

Thanks! I totally forgot about that term! I think the OP should have used that rather than yaoi then
Apr 17, 2018 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
violadim said:
TickTockOtaku said:
This genre is usually created by female authors for the female audiences. However, anyone can like yaoi, no matter what gender or sexual orientation you are. But I’ve noticed in the anime community, some straight people disregard this genre as “not their thing” because they’re either uncomfortable by it, or they can’t relate to it.

Um yeah, because I'm not gay or bi, so I can't relate at all. I'm a straight male, so it does make me uncomfortable because curvy feminine bodies attract me, not a male body. Hell, bodies don't even have to do with it really, it's rather I just can't see myself in that kind of situation. Some anime fans (such as myself) like to put themselves in the shoes of the protagonist, so if I am putting myself in the shoes of a gay person in a yaoi, you can bet your ass that would make me extremely uncomfortable because I ain't gay.

TickTockOtaku said:
I guess the point that I’m trying to make here is that I think more people need to be more open-minded about yaoi, and actually give it a chance. Two male characters who love each other shouldn’t “gross” you out. It shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable; it shouldn’t make you feel like you’re “scarred for life”. Because at the end of the day, these characters represent human beings showing true human emotions, and it doesn’t matter what gender they are. It might even help you learn and grow as an anime fan, and maybe find a whole new perspective on this genre.

While you do have a point that they "represent human beings showing true human emotions, and it doesn't matter what gender they are" it still just doesn't sit right with some straight people. Some things are just naturally uncomfortable to some people. Frankly, I like curvy women bodies, and it's more natural to me to see a man and a woman, rather than a woman and a woman, or a man and a man. It really is just a matter of taste, and it doesn't matter if you want to accept that or not. It's the truth.

I don't think romantic relationships are suppose to turn you on or make you horny. It's suppose to make you feel their emotions. You can still put yourself in a gay characters' shoes, you just have to focus on their other traits, their character developments and how they overcome certain circumstances, and they may have something that you can relate to. Look at movies with superheroes, obviously we can't relate to having super powers, but we can still understand their struggles and how they cope with difficult/easy situations. I think the problem is that some straight people tend to focus too much on the fact that it's a gay couple, and not enough on the fact that they're just two human beings who are experiencing the same love as any other straight couple.
Apr 17, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2015
Asunakob said:
TickTockOtaku said:

Of course you don't "choose" to feel grossed out. But I think there is a reason to it. It's probably because of how society has indoctrinated people by pushing this "traditional" ideas of a man and a woman being together for many centuries now. People have grown accustomed to it and became part of the culture, so when they see something "different", it baffles them or even disgusts them. I think that if we all lived in a world where we were all treated as equal human beings from the very start, there wouldn't be a problem. That's just what I think.

what you are saying is wrong in many ways , I'm not the one to talk about these stuff since it's not my field of knowledge and haven't studied about it much but since beginning of the time as I know there were females and males and they did mate as a way to grow their species so it is not traditional , it is what it was and will be and to be honest they shouldn't show gay stuff on tv since it is misleading and has bad influence on children. people can learn about it after they have matured (usually 18 years) and to be honest you love people as friends not as lovers , if you are a guy and love a guy well he's a friend that you cherish a lot and that's it you dont go around doing things :/ if you haven't felt the love to the other gender then again imo it is just a matter of time .
and you are free to do what you want so long as you don't go advertising it which seems to not hold true with the current gay society , they're screaming it everywhere .

I can tell that you don't have a field of knowledge about this, nor did you study. Because if you did, you wouldn't have such an ignorant, prejudice mentality against homosexuality. I don't know if you realize this, but marriage equality is legalized in all 50 states, gay couples can adopt children in all 50 states, the majority of Americans support LGBT rights, and heck, even gay characters are appearing on Disney Channel now, and guess what, the world didn't end. As a society, people are becoming more accepting and understanding of homosexuality. Of course, there's still a few out there who would rather treat it as "taboo", but it's not. It's foolish to say that children knowing the existence of gay people is "misleading" or a "bad influence" when gay people exist in this society and have always existed in this world since the dawn of time, and we shouldn't have to hide in the shadows to please people like you. Especially since we're not hurting anyone. The romantic/sexual attraction you have for the opposite gender is the same kind of attraction that I have for the same gender. You don't tell me how I love, that's not your place. Sexuality is not as black and white as you make it out to be, there's a spectrum and it varies. There's heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, pansexuality, etc. None of it is a "luxury", it's all just natural. Nature is much more complex than just reproduction. And it's hilarious how you think being gay is something that only "mature" people should know about, when I knew I was gay since I was a kid and I didn't even know what it meant! There are teenagers coming out in high school! So yeah, maybe you shouldn't talk about things you clearly know nothing about.
Apr 17, 2018 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Because they usually look like garbage and seem very uninteresting (just boring gay romance bs).

Why would I watch such shows? I mean yuri shit is bad too but at least you can fap to it.

And no shit OP, of course straight people are everywhere. they are the majority
Apr 18, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2016
TickTockOtaku said:
Asunakob said:

I can tell that you don't have a field of knowledge about this, nor did you study. Because if you did, you wouldn't have such an ignorant, prejudice mentality against homosexuality. I don't know if you realize this, but marriage equality is legalized in all 50 states, gay couples can adopt children in all 50 states, the majority of Americans support LGBT rights, and heck, even gay characters are appearing on Disney Channel now, and guess what, the world didn't end. As a society, people are becoming more accepting and understanding of homosexuality. Of course, there's still a few out there who would rather treat it as "taboo", but it's not. It's foolish to say that children knowing the existence of gay people is "misleading" or a "bad influence" when gay people exist in this society and have always existed in this world since the dawn of time, and we shouldn't have to hide in the shadows to please people like you. Especially since we're not hurting anyone. The romantic/sexual attraction you have for the opposite gender is the same kind of attraction that I have for the same gender. You don't tell me how I love, that's not your place. Sexuality is not as black and white as you make it out to be, there's a spectrum and it varies. There's heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, pansexuality, etc. None of it is a "luxury", it's all just natural. Nature is much more complex than just reproduction. And it's hilarious how you think being gay is something that only "mature" people should know about, when I knew I was gay since I was a kid and I didn't even know what it meant! There are teenagers coming out in high school! So yeah, maybe you shouldn't talk about things you clearly know nothing about.

I'm okay with people being gay so long as they don't advertise it , I dont give a crap to what someone does and who he or she loves.And it wasn't like that since dawn of time idk where and based on what you made that up .And yeah you are hurting people because you're advertising it I really don't want my children to be influenced by people like you but guess what they do.And just because a lot of people do sth it doesn't make that thing any more right.I'm not saying that it is wrong but for myself I can make decisions.And tbh I don't really hate yaoi or gay it might be fun to watch yaoi at times just like yuri but being fun to watch is a bit different than it being real in your everyday life .
last thing is you'll probably hate me for saying this but I do consider being gay as a mental disease but then again I don't care if you don't. I respect your opinion so long as you don't force it on others.
And peace bro I'm not fighting you :D
AsunakobApr 18, 2018 2:26 PM
Apr 18, 2018 3:16 PM

May 2014
*consent rant*

I have a feeling it's to do with how Japan loves people to be innocent and cute, so they make characters struggle during sex because of embarrassment and "moe".

I don't hate yaoi, but it does get bad representation, so I understand why a lot of people will hate it just because of what they've heard about it.
Also, for some reason, lovey-dovey yaoi manga don't seem to be getting any anime adaptations, so unless people read yaoi manga, the main type of yaoi in anime is rape-central and rough.
Apr 18, 2018 3:27 PM

May 2014
@Asunakob I have nothing against people saying their opinions, but if it is particularly hurtful to others e.g. "I consider being gay a mental disease" then I think you should keep those opinions to yourself, because a lot of people aren't comfortable with their sexuality and are sensitive to people being negative about it.

Sorry for being a bother, I just couldn't let this one slide, ahaha.
Apr 18, 2018 3:33 PM

May 2016
because i'm not with that BL shit. Not down with it.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Apr 18, 2018 7:27 PM

Jan 2015
Asunakob said:
TickTockOtaku said:

I'm okay with people being gay so long as they don't advertise it , I dont give a crap to what someone does and who he or she loves.And it wasn't like that since dawn of time idk where and based on what you made that up .And yeah you are hurting people because you're advertising it I really don't want my children to be influenced by people like you but guess what they do.And just because a lot of people do sth it doesn't make that thing any more right.I'm not saying that it is wrong but for myself I can make decisions.And tbh I don't really hate yaoi or gay it might be fun to watch yaoi at times just like yuri but being fun to watch is a bit different than it being real in your everyday life .
last thing is you'll probably hate me for saying this but I do consider being gay as a mental disease but then again I don't care if you don't. I respect your opinion so long as you don't force it on others.
And peace bro I'm not fighting you :D

Advertise WHAT exactly? You mean making ourselves known and visible? Fighting for our equal rights? Asking to be treated like human beings? Because that's all we've been doing, and if that pisses you off, then that's your problem. Let me educate you, since you refuse to do that on your own: According to every Medical and Psychological Association, homosexuality is NOT a "mental disease". It's a SEXUAL ORIENTATION....which I've literally just explained to you..but I guess you decided to ignore those facts, right? I don't "hate" you for saying ignorant things, it's just sad that you lack education and compassion. I mean really, telling a gay person that their sexuality is a "mental disease" is hugely rude, offensive and completely false. Being gay is not a "mental disease", especially when there's no generalized impairment in social effectiveness. Scientifically, there's a strong biological component to homosexuality, and that it happens naturally by the interaction of genetic and hormonal factors. So you might as well say that being straight is a mental disease, because all sexualities falls under the Sexual Orientation category. It's interesting how you think that you can't fall in love with the same gender, but yet you call it a mental disease....I mean, sounds pretty contradictory and nonsensical. It's almost like you don't even know what you're talking about.

Another thing, you DO give a crap. You give so much crap. Because if you didn't, then you wouldn't care if your children knew the existence of gay people. "I really don't want my children to be influenced by people like you".....WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Influencing them to do what? To be more accepting of other people? To know that this world is full of diversity? The horror. I don't know what your problem is against people like us, but it's getting ridiculous. In fact, it's just as ridiculous as you thinking that gay people didn't exist back in the old days. Guess what, they did. Gay people were around in the 18th century, 15th century, 12th century, all the way back to the stone age. Some were philosophers, poets, artists, warriors, etc. Seriously man, read a book.

TickTockOtakuApr 18, 2018 8:31 PM
Apr 18, 2018 7:43 PM
Jan 2018
Homo eroticism isn’t for everyone bud.
Apr 18, 2018 7:44 PM

Dec 2017
cuz i dun wana get da gay kooties!!1!!
Apr 18, 2018 8:06 PM

Jan 2018
3 years later .....

Cuz I am real man, and I am not gay.
Tho I'd like to watch Yuri instead.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 18, 2018 10:11 PM

Mar 2017
Because homophobia. Basically.

Whether or not homophobia is more or less prominent in the anime community than elsewhere is a tough question to answer. I've met plenty of LGBT fans in the community. On the other hand, there's this weirdly prevalent disregard for the opinions of 'normies' (everyone who is not an anime fan) and a strong anti-PC sentiment that leads some fans to be loudly anti-gay in a time when most of the country has accepted gay rights.

Forgive me if I sound flippant about this. I simply don't expect much better from the community any more. Best you can do is find the cool people and starve out the trolls.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 18, 2018 10:35 PM

Aug 2017
TickTockOtaku said:
... male characters

I like females because they are glamorously more pretty than males.......like down here
Yuri

I do not like a male body nor other male things. Hate is a strong word... I don't hate them, I dislike.

Females are very attractive, especially big oppais.

...very..
BBWBApr 19, 2018 6:11 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Apr 23, 2018 10:32 PM

Feb 2015
i'm not giving yaoi any more chances that i am giving yuri OP, because that falls in romance and i hate how romance is portrayed in japan. so don't worry, i'm not discriminating. the straight stuff sucks too ;)
Jun 23, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2018
heterosexuality is disgusting and exists only for people to reproduce. homsexuality is pure, innocent and more aesthetically pleasing
Jun 23, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
Cause I prefer trap doujins fam

*insert edgy quote with hints of homophobia in the posts in this thread "cause I'm not a f*ggot" here*
Aidoru-OjisanJun 23, 2019 8:58 AM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 23, 2019 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
juschenfe said:
heterosexuality is disgusting and exists only for people to reproduce. homsexuality is pure, innocent and more aesthetically pleasing

Ey what about yuri? Is that not the most innocent?
Jun 23, 2019 8:53 AM

Aug 2018
Bourmegar said:
juschenfe said:

Ey what about yuri? Is that not the most innocent?
that's also homosexuality. but don't forget how often people (males) sexualize lesbians and make them gross like in their fantasies
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre?

decco6226 - 11 hours ago

35 by decco6226 »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that reignited your passion for watching

Cammell - 37 minutes ago

4 by Prany21 »»
16 minutes ago

» How far are you willing to forgive anime for its obvious (to you) disadvantages?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

23 by RobertBobert »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 3 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 30

128 by Isaac_Randon »»
21 minutes ago

» Is there any hentai manga/anime with great plot ? I mean the story is better than the sex scenes.

GoodBoy0069 - 4 hours ago

10 by Memore »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.