Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 28, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Tamura is easily the smartest of all the parasites, She is the only one that understands that humans all though weak individually make up a powerful force when united, but all the parasites are thinking is fuck humans there is no way they can possibly defeat us, that's just too arrogant no matter how powerful you are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Nov 2013
wow the fight is really something,..
Shinichi vs Gotoh, it reminds me of the fight style of hunter x hunter without nen, how they wrap it with more of tactics than the power of each man...
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jan 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Oct 2013
Ahhh finally things are getting interesting!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 28, 2015 9:31 PM

Apr 2007
BEEEEEEEEEEEWBS :O
Jan 28, 2015 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
So finally the original Youpi made an appearance XD (yeah, I'm glad Madhouse picked up HXH and this series)
I only marathoned completely the manga after last week's episode and yet I couldn't wait for that car chase any longer, very well adapted. My expectations for next episode are sky high now. Good that we'll be having another episode of Death Parade in the meantime.
Jan 28, 2015 10:00 PM

Dec 2013
Them Tamura bewbs tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 28, 2015 10:03 PM

Oct 2014
Tamura Reiko best MILF
Jan 28, 2015 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
lol at those guys in the truck when that miki guy was hit. didn't they see he had blades for arms? i wouldn't even go near him lmao
and it seems both the parasytes and the detective are targeting tamura now..
Jan 28, 2015 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
Tamura Reiko best girl

Jan 28, 2015 10:59 PM

Nov 2013
I'm starting to think Murano's gonna die. Shinichi tells his dad to leave then Murano goes to Shinichi's house to drop off his backpack. Can't see this ending well for her.

Looks like the parasites are targeting Tamura now. Wondering who will win.

That PI had a 1,000 yard stare if I've ever seen one.

Goddamn this anime is a fucking masterpiece. The cliffhangers keep me begging for more each and every week.

10/10 for this episode. Raised rating from 9 to 10 once again.

Jan 28, 2015 11:09 PM
Jan 2014
Finally get to see Reiko fight.... next week :(
Jan 28, 2015 11:24 PM

Jul 2014
Lol ... Migi was awesome. Reiko put so much care to her baby. Poor Detective, he lost his family.

Showdown at the next episode >_<
Jan 28, 2015 11:46 PM

Sep 2013
I am so happy this show is back on track, focusing on what made it good to begin with. The parasite invasion, not Shinichi's love life.

Normally I'd call out the parasites on their stupidity for killing the detectives family instead of the detective but Reiko did that for me. They had an excuse that it was dark but even she knows that regardless of if it was an "accident" or not, all it's going to do is raise the already high tension and animosity between parasites and humans. I find it great how the more human she gets as well, the more the trust between her and the group gets torn further and further apart.

The tension built so well during the Shinichi vs Parasite scenes. The epic decapitation part was great and I loved the strategy that Migi cooked up. On top of that, they made the Parasite into such a badass once Gotoh took over. Seeing the random blades sticking out of his body to attach him to trees and shifting his legs into that of a caribous so run as fast as a truck was so freaky and awesome.

I have to admit though, when the guys saw Gotoh on the ground and were all, "You okay?" That was immersion breaking. It's a small misstep in the episode but I can somewhat excuse it as they might have thought his arms were just fucked up from the crash but I would have liked to see them react before he stood up if that was the case.

I also liked the music this episode, it was placed very well. They did away with that crummy wubwub song it seems, though there might be a way they could use it in a future part but it depends on execution.

The Detective begins his avenging. Reiko needs to deal with those who no longer trust her. Shinichi is on the run from the most dangerous parasite yet. Things are becoming more and more exciting now and I am so happy about that. I also like how the police are starting to get even more involved now.
Jan 29, 2015 1:41 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty badass first half.
Anyway, I wonder what will Reiko do about her baby. It seems like the Detective will have him as a hostage. I can think two scenarios: She will either be apathetic and not give a shit as to whatever befalls him, or she will show some emotion.
Either way, she's showing more human emotion. The experiment of having and raising that baby might've backfired on her. But then again, having more human emotion might be a plus too for "her" kind.
Jan 29, 2015 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
kuramori gl bro
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 29, 2015 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
Next!! Reiko's showdown~!! 3 vs 1...they're coward! >:(

Can't wait~
Jan 29, 2015 3:41 AM

Sep 2013
i feel like the lines between good and evil will become blurred sooner or later with tamiya ryoko
Jan 29, 2015 3:48 AM

Sep 2013
ColdXClue said:
Tamura is easily the smartest of all the parasites, She is the only one that understands that humans all though weak individually make up a powerful force when united, but all the parasites are thinking is fuck humans there is no way they can possibly defeat us, that's just too arrogant no matter how powerful you are.

I can somewhat understand where their arrogance stems from. Allow me to use an analogy to explain.

Farmers and humans would see cattle (usually) as nothing more than a source of food and money. We don't really see them as a threat because how we believe we are vastly superior to them. However, they are still perfectly capable of killing a human being.

Cattle to humans is like what humans are to parasytes.
Parasytes are supposedly superior to humans physically and intellectually (their rate of learning is stupid), so it would make sense that they would see humans as nothing more than a harmless food source.

Though of course, we know (as well as Tamiya) know this is not true. ;)
Jan 29, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
So sad that the detective lost his family. I wonder if he wrote anything about Shinichi in that notepad. So his goal now is Reiko's child? I hope he doesn't kill him.

And Migi looks a bit funny in Shinichi's dreams.
Jan 29, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2013
Shinichi miraculously survived that 5 Parasyte in one body guy. A formidable opponent indeed.
That detective already has a death flag. Avenging his family is gonna be tough.
Claiming that she's a threat, Tamura Reiko is surrounded. I hope we get at least a little bit of action in that. It looks like she'll win though.
Jan 29, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Phew, that was intense!

The "Shinichi and Migi vs. Miki and his five parasites" fight is amazing. It's a good way to show how Shinichi has weaknesses or limits when it comes to fighting a powerful opponent. Fortunately, Migi makes a tactic to defeat their opponent.

Poor private investigator. His wife and child are killed by the parasites, and now he's going insane. He blames Tamiya Reiko for this. I hope he doesn't die in the later episodes.

Shinichi's dreams about Migi having a different appearance from the real life are quite something.

Good thing he saves his dad. Murano tries to give Shinichi's bag but as expected, he's not yet back in his house.

The other parasites think Reiko is also a threat, besides Shinichi, Migi and the private investigator, because she's becoming more human.

The OST is really beautiful. The OP and ED are still the same. I'm not complaining because they're truly epic. I always sing the OP everywhere I go, although I can't understand the whole English lyrics because you know...

I can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 29, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode! The fight was well made and just fun to watch. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Jan 29, 2015 6:21 AM

Jul 2011
I have that feeling that Reiko will die but they are not going to kill her baby.
Jan 29, 2015 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
Great episode. Can't wait to see what happens to Reiko
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
That 5-P creature reminded me so much of Claire from Claymore when she awakened. That form was so cool. What I don't understand though is how stupid those two truck drivers can be? Clearly you ran over something on the ground that doesn't even appear human, and yet you would walk up to it in order to assess whether that creature was injured? You two deserve to get eaten, seriously...

And as much as it seems Reiko is becoming more accepting to the humanistic nature of her existence, it seems like a lot of our viewers have forgotten that she is still a parasite that took over the body of her host by eating and replacing the head, i.e. she still requires fresh human blood to maintain her livlihood. She's still a monstrous killer, albeit a logical, humanistic one with a smoking hot bod and a real live human baby to boot. That said I don't think she'll die just yet, she's the smartest parasite out there bar none (yes I rank her intelligence above bookworm-Migi).

I wonder what the detective is going to try and do now. It's quite obvious he's trying to go all Kamikaze on the parasites. I don't think it'll be as effective as he wants it to be though...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 29, 2015 9:53 AM
Nov 2014
Stupid drivers, how could they ask a monster-like person whether he's okay or not ? blame your idiocy for being killed ! Also our investigator did nothing even after Migi's warning, now look at the result. Seriously this anime's logic never fail to surprise me
Jan 29, 2015 9:54 AM
Feb 2011
Iluf said:
Chillingflames said:

Not everyone's up to speed with the whole parasyte thing just yet. Besides, their attention seemed to be focused on the hit-and-run truck at first which is a natural thing to do in a car accident like that. As soon as Gotou got up, they were already goners.

Well it's my personal opinion, but I agree with the poster above: you see a man-thing with blades for hands, you run the fuck away while screaming for your life even if you know zilch about parasites. Besides, I rewatched it three times and they're clearly looking at Gotoh when asking whether he's okay. I mean maybe that's just another animation fuckup that just so happened to crawl into the scene, but that's just adding insult to injury at this point.

They could have just shown the car driving away, probably the cheapest way. They could have shown them running and Gotoh fucking them up from behind (would be badass btw).
But they went with this and now the damage is done, sadly.

The manga has some surreal humor through the series. But it's not hard to see it's a joke. This type of humor can be seen in the manga 'I am a hero' too, and you'd see many people complaining in threads saying "this shit is unrealistic".
For example people often don't really believe that parasytes(or zombies) exist in manga-vers.
Japanese are trained not to panic at stuff too, which adds the surrealism. That's why they don't loot during natural disasters.

The anime cut those scenes out for couple reasons but sometimes leave it there, like the truck driver scene you mentioned.
The humor is out of context in this anime. That's y I find this anime meh as an adaptation. Well actually anime adaptations are lame in general because anime studios think they can tell a story better than the original material, which never happens. They mess around too much.
By the way this anime covers all the story from the manga but doesn't adapt the characterization at all. Thus those two has a very differernt atmosphere.
Anime: serious, serious, "Are you really Shinichi?", mad, mad, seriouse, comedy
Manga:comedy, serious, comedy, comedy, serious, serious,serious, comedy

Buy the parasyte manga if you think you have enough experience in manga. If you are new to the paper medium, start with a shonen manga and come back.
People think that Parasyte is a shonen but they are god damn wrong.
Bookworm365Jan 29, 2015 9:58 AM
Jan 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit, was Gotoh threatening - he's probably the most menacing villain this year, or in recent years. Not just simply OP to the point where the protag needs to become more OP or pull something out of his ass to win as Gotoh can very well be killed by normal means, just that it's incredibly difficult. Dude seems to have it all - speed,agility,balance,more blades to attack/defend with and I'm sure he's got Shinichi beat in the strength department as well. It'll be a hard enough to take down something like that even knowing where to strike, which Shinichi & Migi have yet to find out.
Jan 29, 2015 10:22 AM
Nov 2013
There's something I didn't fully understand this episode. I assume my current knowledge of the nature of parasytes is wrong.

What I thought was the case was this: there are 2 ways to kill a parasyte-infected body: hit either the heart or the brain.

I don't understand why the 5 parasytes dude didn't die when they cut his head off.. Like literally nothing happened to Miki and he just switched places with the right hand, which became the head.
Does this mean if at least 2 parasytes were capable of controlling the head and one of them was chopped off while being the head, nothing happens and they can just go back to the head, and thus this body has to be killed by attacking the heart?

The second question I've got is this: Earlier in the anime when Shinichi and Migi meet that thief or whatever who cut his right arm and offered Migi to join him, whom then Migi killed;
I remember Migi was like "I'm not sure about this theory, for all I know he could be lying."
Now from what I've seen in this episode, Shinichi was defeated in a way, by fighting with the 5-parasytes guy, so why doesn't Migi leave Shinichi and go infest some other body that's got more than one parasyte? Isn't his instinct all about survival? Or is the fact he doesn't leave Shinichi an indication that Migi is gaining some "human characteristics"?
MaxClydeJan 29, 2015 10:29 AM
Jan 29, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome...
now that tamia reiku is considered threat to parasites, i wonder if she joins Sinichi's side...
Jan 29, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
hehe, boobies
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 29, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Art???

Jan 29, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2007
MaxClyde said:
There's something I didn't fully understand this episode. I assume my current knowledge of the nature of parasytes is wrong.

What I thought was the case was this: there are 2 ways to kill a parasyte-infected body: hit either the heart or the brain.

I don't understand why the 5 parasytes dude didn't die when they cut his head off.. Like literally nothing happened to Miki and he just switched places with the right hand, which became the head.
Does this mean if at least 2 parasytes were capable of controlling the head and one of them was chopped off while being the head, nothing happens and they can just go back to the head, and thus this body has to be killed by attacking the heart?

The second question I've got is this: Earlier in the anime when Shinichi and Migi meet that thief or whatever who cut his right arm and offered Migi to join him, whom then Migi killed;
I remember Migi was like "I'm not sure about this theory, for all I know he could be lying."
Now from what I've seen in this episode, Shinichi was defeated in a way, by fighting with the 5-parasytes guy, so why doesn't Migi leave Shinichi and go infest some other body that's got more than one parasyte? Isn't his instinct all about survival? Or is the fact he doesn't leave Shinichi an indication that Migi is gaining some "human characteristics"?

They need blood to survive. Remember how Migi can separate itself away from the body for a certain amount of time? Normally when you cut the head off the body can't function anymore but since Miki has other parasyte in it's body they can maintain the body functions to keep excessive blood loss. At least that's what I think.

As for your second question, Migi has parts of his cells in Shinichi. If you haven't noticed, because of this Migi is slightly becoming human. It was hinted several times already.

This is just my theory, I haven't read the manga.
Jan 29, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
I want to have sex with dream migi.
Jan 29, 2015 4:26 PM
Jan 2015
New episode was really good. It was interesting to see the fight scenes and to see the possability of parasytes evolving into something else. And the possablities they have for fight scenes later on will be so much better now.
Jan 29, 2015 5:04 PM

Oct 2013
Well Reiko vs three others. This will be interesting
Jan 29, 2015 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, as always.
Tamura's in danger. From the preview of next episode I fear she will die (not that I really really care but poor baby).
Shinichi really found a worthy oponent. All of the previous parasytes seemed weak and he defeated them all with ease. I'm always scared Murano or Shinichi's dad will end up dead in some alley by those monsters. :/
10/10
Jan 29, 2015 5:26 PM
Jan 2013
I feel like this show would do a lot better off without the romance. For like, 10 episodes all the lead female talks about is "ahh~ he has changeeed" or "*eyes twinkle* are you really the same person? *more eye twinkling*".
Oh, and the only good thing about Kana was her voice actor. As soon as Kana was killed and he said bye-bye to Murano, I felt like Kiseijuu just got a whole lot better...is it just me? I don't mean to hate on she show, I like it, but that 'romance'...
Jan 29, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
OMFG THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBSSS !!
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 29, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2014
they animated everything well, with some added notes but everything is awesome, so [spoiler]i wonder how are they going to animated the whole H-scene skip it or edit it?

5/5 by the way
MaxXZoeJan 29, 2015 10:04 PM
Jan 29, 2015 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
MaxXZoe said:

5/5 by the way

That is what I have been thinking as well. Though you should put some spoiler tags on that.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 29, 2015 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
Damn that was an intense fight.
Huge death flag raised for Reiko here. I sorta don't want her to die since she 's becoming more human :(
Jan 29, 2015 10:02 PM

Nov 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
MaxXZoe said:

5/5 by the way

That is what I have been thinking as well. Though you should put some spoiler tags on that.

oh sorry about that... i bet they will do it just like
[spoiler] the H-scene in UBW movie, the whole whale thing haha
Jan 30, 2015 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
I fucking love this anime, another amazing episode. This anime was building its way up to the awesomeness it is now, but after reading the manga last week I have a greater appreciation of how good of an adaptation this is. This episode was done so well
Jan 30, 2015 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
Genix said:
Pretty badass first half.
Anyway, I wonder what will Reiko do about her baby. It seems like the Detective will have him as a hostage. I can think two scenarios: She will either be apathetic and not give a shit as to whatever befalls him, or she will show some emotion.
Either way, she's showing more human emotion. The experiment of having and raising that baby might've backfired on her. But then again, having more human emotion might be a plus too for "her" kind.

Remember the class lecture she attended in previous episode? The professor was talking how our connection with out own cells and offspring can be higher than the love of our own species. I have a feeling that was a clear signal on were Reiko is heading. Basically the connection to her own offspring could beat her connection to her parasite species. I see her changing in simply trying to protect her baby and running away from other parasites or even kill them if she sees them as a threat to her baby. If the detective tries to do something to it i have a feeling she will go bananas.

Btw hearing Migi talking to our main about how he looks in his dreams i got the feeling that the black looking thing on the pic of the anime is how he looks in that dream world. Who knows, he may even at some point manage to change to that form while fighting etc.
MonadJan 30, 2015 2:00 AM
Jan 30, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Gotoh is the best parasite there is so not surprised that Shinichi is outperformed here. I feel for that detective guy, not sure how he is going to react in the next few episodes.

I liked Ryouko and Kana since the beginning and it sucks that both have to die :( Like it or not, the end is near for Ryouko T.T
Jan 30, 2015 2:12 AM

Jun 2008
Nicromatic said:
ColdXClue said:

I can somewhat understand where their arrogance stems from. Allow me to use an analogy to explain.

Farmers and humans would see cattle (usually) as nothing more than a source of food and money. We don't really see them as a threat because how we believe we are vastly superior to them. However, they are still perfectly capable of killing a human being.

Cattle to humans is like what humans are to parasytes.
Parasytes are supposedly superior to humans physically and intellectually (their rate of learning is stupid), so it would make sense that they would see humans as nothing more than a harmless food source.

Though of course, we know (as well as Tamiya) know this is not true. ;)

Personally i think you example isn't a good one because cattle are in the exact opposite position than humans. Basically a cattle has a high chance of defeating a human on one on one but as a species they have no chance.
On the the other hand humans aren't really in any position to win against a parasite one on one but as a species they still have the power.
Even if the parasites can go along killing folks they lured to dates etc they never faced humanity actually attacking them. Thinking that the best humanity can do is the little resistance some young girl going on a date with them put after being eaten is naive as fuck.
Cattle aren't running the planet. Humans are and the same goes in this case as well.
Humans run the planet and parasites can kill a few on one on one. Just like cattle. So no matter how you look at it the parasites still are the cattle.
Jan 30, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah the next episode title doesn't sound like a spoiler at all.
Jan 30, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
Decent action scenes this episode. Cant wait for Tamura's fight next week.
Jan 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2012
Aww I liked Miki before the change! I think Shinichi really needs to step his game up because hes falling on the useless side at the moment. Look forward to next weeks episode for sure. o/
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.