Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the first episode through illicit means. The battle scenes are honestly pretty good, much better than I expected. In the first episode they defeat Anchorage Hime, who is the main boss of the very first event. Kaga and Akagi sort of stole the show. Well, them and their fairy dive bombers.

The SoL scenes felt a little flat, but they were surprisingly the minority of scenes in this episode.
Dec 28, 2014 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
Amarrez said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the first episode through illicit means. The battle scenes are honestly pretty good, much better than I expected. In the first episode they defeat Anchorage Hime, who is the main boss of the very first event. Kaga and Akagi sort of stole the show. Well, them and their fairy dive bombers.

The SoL scenes felt a little flat, but they were surprisingly the minority of scenes in this episode.

Just to give some context, the first episode was pre-aired in a limited event on Dec 27 (
http://kancolle-anime.jp/news/?offset=5). The news piece is labelled as "「艦これ」先行試写 -プレミアム ライブ・ビューイング-", posted on 2014/12/05.

As a ex-player of the game, episode 1 honestly looks very faithful to the game. As long as they keep this up for the whole anime, I can't see any other anime in Winter 2015 beating it in average BD/DVD sales, unless there is a dark horse of Madoka proportions lying in wait. Its performance at Amazon and at storefront has been monstrous, and it has been since 20 days before the first TV broadcast on January 8th.

I agree that the battle scenes look really good, despite some use of 3DCGI. On the SOL scenes, I don't mind them much, but as long as there is a good balance, then I have no complaints for the rest of the season. I am happy to finally hear voices (since the PV had no voices, the CM only had Fubuki talking, and the BD/DVD Vol.1 CM had the lovely Kongou with her Engrish, lol).

Also, if some didn't know... KanColle is an excellent show of versatility of the seiyuu. Many girls are voiced by the same seiyuu, with some from different classes and types of ships (destroyer, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, battleship, etc). I have the confirmed cast list here based on episode 1: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=738327.
EjcDec 28, 2014 1:29 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Dec 28, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Amarrez said:
Just saw the first episode through illicit means

im currently downloading a camrip of this too

i saw on facebook that the battle scenes are well made so im gonna check this anime just for that
Dec 28, 2014 5:07 AM
Mar 2014

Someone is trolling the score post even though the main anime(not the pre screen) is still didn't showed up. Call all mods to reset it
Dec 28, 2014 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
aikido01 said:

Someone is trolling the score post even though the main anime(not the pre screen) is still didn't showed up. Call all mods to reset it

You shouldn't really take the overall scoring system seriously. It's basically taking objective data on something is a subjective opinion. The two people who rated this had the extremes of 1 and 10. Sometimes, a good anime may have it's overall score to be lower than expected due to the community's subjective opinion. For example Sora no Method had a low score of 6.81 despite being well-praised by those who watched it.

Anyways back on topic. it's quite interesting that they are mixing a good number of action and slice of life scenes. The slice of life scenes at least should have expand the characterization of the shipgirls.

That being said, I can easily see this series having a Crunchyroll streaming at best. But I'll be more surprised if someone like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks picks this up for home video release. Although in the case if Kantai Collection anime were to be picked up for BD/DVD rights, I hope someone would consider bringing the browser game over for Steam.
Dec 28, 2014 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
just finish watching the camrip and the battles are well made, they mix 3D and 2D so well, and lol archers whose arrows turn into jet fighters

gonna keep watching this one
Dec 28, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
>expecting kancolle to sell better than kuroko no basket.

lmfao
Dec 28, 2014 9:13 AM

Feb 2009
Finished watching it. It was pretty enjoyable I guess. Though I might not enjoy this fully if one hasn't played the game yet. My knowledge of this is pretty shallow after all read: doujins. It was a hassle to do the procedures to play the game and it's in moonrunes so it's a lot of effort to play.
What I like here is that several seiyuus are playing several roles. Their versatility shines here. I think I heard Sakura Ayane voice 4 separate roles in this episode and all have different voices from one another.
The battle was pretty fun, especially with turrets firing from their arms and the arrows turning to planes. The SoL parts were pretty nice as well and gives some characterization to the girls. Though with an extensive cast as this, I assume not all will get focus. Seems Fubuki is the main focus of the story and her fascination with Akagi. Will continue to watch.

Wonder if we'll see the admiral here or it will just remain focused on the girls.
Dec 29, 2014 5:23 AM

Apr 2011
I saw pantsu, so I'm definitely watching this.
Dec 29, 2014 5:41 AM
Mar 2014
belatkuro said:
. I think I heard Sakura Ayane voice 4 separate roles in this episode and all have different voices from one another.

The girls Ayane Sakura voiced
Dec 30, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
That was great-poi. i liked the episode-poi. the battle scene are well done-poi

And of course, best ship Yuudachi appears-poi. i like where this is going so far-poi.
Dec 31, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2010
aikido01 said:
belatkuro said:
. I think I heard Sakura Ayane voice 4 separate roles in this episode and all have different voices from one another.

Are you serious? That's... wow.
Dec 31, 2014 3:16 AM

Nov 2012
It looks like we'll be seeing the three pairs of CV in the show. I hope the anime does not focus too much on Fubuki since other ships need to shine too. Still praying for Shigure and Zuihou.
Dec 31, 2014 3:33 AM
Mar 2014
TragicRomance said:
aikido01 said:

Are you serious? That's... wow.

Yes, even Nao Touyama voiced 10 girls (Kongou, Haruna, Kirishima, Hiei, Takao, Atago, Maya, Choukai, Shikinami, Ayanami)
Dec 31, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
I can't wait.. the hype is killing me :v
OSOI!
Jan 1, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Right the visual looks nice and it might be worth keeping an eye on this one

Jan 2, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 2009
Never_ending said:

Well, if we reach the Midway event...
Jan 2, 2015 1:18 AM
Mar 2014
Never_ending said:

Aircraft Carrier Hime and Midway Hime will rekt her on Midway Event
Jan 2, 2015 1:54 AM

Apr 2013
You guys are seriously thinking they would sink any of the girls?

Think of the pissed fans reaction when their "fav" got sunk.
But Akebono ... she can sunk 99x and most probably rejoice.
Jan 2, 2015 2:54 AM
Mar 2014
FlamingYu said:

seeing the first episode, yes there will be girls that will sunk on the following episodes (Some theories running on 4chan that Fubuki on the anime is the second Fubuki that TTK get)
Jan 2, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
Sunk = Death, right?
Jan 2, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2009
Magito said:
Sunk = Death, right?

Oh yes.

Also, do we know if Anchorage Hime was sunk in this episode, or just forced to beat a retreat
Jan 3, 2015 11:02 AM
Apr 2012
Amarrez said:
Magito said:
Sunk = Death, right?

Oh yes.

Also, do we know if Anchorage Hime was sunk in this episode, or just forced to beat a retreat

do not forget that we need to "kill" bosses on event multiple times to in order to deplete the gauge bar, so Anchorage Hime might come back sooner or later
Jan 3, 2015 12:17 PM
May 2011
No Tenryuu, no good.
Jan 3, 2015 11:39 PM

Oct 2010
That was a pretty cheap kill on Anchorage Hime. If only real event boss nodes were this easy, haha.....I was expecting her to boom at least one of the CVs instead of doing an insignificant amount of AA, though she did tank a couple rounds of AP shells from Kongou.

Hype level is through the roof with this episode. Aside from the clever incorporation of lines for each character from the game, they really integrated this new concept of a "teitoku-less", kanmusu academy well with the storyline. Sortie preparation was also ingeniously constructed. Props to Diomedea for balancing kancolle on top of two other shows this season.
Jan 4, 2015 2:45 AM
Nov 2013
I think that the sortie preparation scene/equip scene was rather superb. Loved how Kaga and Akagi got their flight decks.
Jan 4, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
aikido01 said:
FlamingYu said:

seeing the first episode, yes there will be girls that will sunk on the following episodes (Some theories running on 4chan that Fubuki on the anime is the second Fubuki that TTK get)

Make sense.. I wonder who is the TTK starter ship in this anime.
OSOI!
Jan 4, 2015 6:26 PM
Mar 2014
tsushima said:
aikido01 said:

Make sense.. I wonder who is the TTK starter ship in this anime.

If not the first Fubuki, then Plasma-chan
Jan 5, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2013
Haven't watched this yet, but I read bits and pieces of some of your comments and it seems like it was good/great for most of you... so that's nice! Looking forward to it on the 8th.

I hope Taihou shows up at some point...
Jan 6, 2015 12:09 PM
Apr 2010
I'll be genuinely impressed if any girl actually sinks.
Jan 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
"Regular broadcasting will begin on January 8, 2015."

This is wrong, it actually airs today since we are not part of Japan's time.. proof:
http://kancolle-anime.jp/onair/

TOKYO MX 1月 7日から 毎週水曜日 深夜1時05分~

also some of us have already watched it on december
TakunDesJan 7, 2015 6:51 AM

Jan 7, 2015 6:49 AM

Jun 2010
Now that airing time has come, I wonder how long it will take for any sites to have it available. Hmm...

Also I would actually be very surprised if any girls are sunk, but if so that would be awesome! lol I'm weird that way...
Jan 7, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2013
Just finished airing.

Interesting how the story has a focus character, Fubuki. Yet again, seeing her already in her first sortie seems too quick. But for now, I enjoyed it well.

Also, Fubuki x Akagi shipping too real.
Jan 7, 2015 8:46 AM

Nov 2007
Alexlung said:

This is wrong, it actually airs today since we are not part of Japan's time.. proof:

Do you even know what that says? When you convert that, it is 25:05 on Jan 7th, which is 1:05am on Jan 8th. I also just finished watching ep1 again, live on Tokyo MX. Jan 8th is undoubtedly correct.

Alexlung said:
also some of us have already watched it on december

Why do you think it says this on the entry?

Episode 1 was previewed on December 27, 2014. Regular broadcasting will begin on January 8, 2015.
EjcJan 7, 2015 8:49 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jan 7, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2009
The beginning was pretty grimdark. Anyways, I liked it.

Again.

But I'm biased.
Jan 7, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
Ejc said:
Alexlung said:

Do you even know what that says? When you convert that, it is 25:05 on Jan 7th, which is 1:05am on Jan 8th. I also just finished watching ep1 again, live on Tokyo MX. Jan 8th is undoubtedly correct.

Jan 8th for those who are in Japan. Jan 7 for those who have a different timeline other than Japan. 1st episode just finished airing, but in here it is still the 7th. whether its 7 or 8th depends on where you live really. most people in Europe would still be on the 7th.

Jan 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
A damn good start to the series and that music during battle, I really need to track down the soundtrack CD soon. The equipping scenes are great, however putting Fubuki in her first sortie right away is a bit too fast but outside of that the pacing isn't bad at all. Kisaragi showed up which is very nice (hopefully we'll see her sortie sometime but just more screentime will do as well). The CG during battles are excellent.

Jan 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, I think that was a good start more than I had expected.

From the action in the beginning to the way the monsters are crafted to the comedy. Idk why but I find Fubuki's clumsiness to be cute.

On most parts, the artwork was solid imo and they balanced the action in the second half with the slice of lifish moment well. Definitely worth the wait. Kaga was also awesome as well during the fighting imo.
Jan 7, 2015 10:40 AM
Dec 2010
SolviteWoTaberu said:
>expecting kancolle to sell better than kuroko no basket.

lmfao

Kuroko will probably see a big fall in sales, as the matches in the 3rd season isn't going to be anywhere near as good as those in the first 2 seasons. Even without one kancolle will almost certainly sell very well, I will be surprised if it doesn't at least match the Girls and Panzer sales.
Jan 7, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
What was that? Cute girls doing battle?

To be honest, the first episode leaves a little to be desired (to say the least). But this is KanColle, so I'll still see how this goes.
Jan 7, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
Hm, It was a pretty good start indeed. Gonna keep watching.
Jan 7, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2012
4/5

Fun episode, I look forward to following this.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 7, 2015 11:25 AM
Aug 2012
What an irresponsible admiral sending a lvl 1 fubuki to an event. Still a great pilot though, if the rest of the season is this good then I think we have a winner for AotS
Jan 7, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
That was really fun. I was getting excited during the battle and this is only the first episode. The animation looks good espically during the battle and the gearing up sequence. The OP is really good. Hyped for next week.
Jan 7, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2010
This was so cringy from beginning to end. But I can guess why there's so much hype for it.
Since it has cute girls the plot doesn't matter shit.
Jan 7, 2015 11:43 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
For a second I got a Deju Vu of Sword Art Online here lol

Fubuki was hilarious this episode. That tree scene, ouch.

Guns, kawaii, pantsu, cute things, serious battle scenes. This show could be one of the best of this season. Funny how I only found out about this show through e-shuushuu a few weeks ago.

I'm liking Akagi's bow. Shoots planes that can fire and drops bombs. Overall pretty good episode, funny, serious, and exciting.

Jan 7, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
AOTS, hands down
Jan 7, 2015 11:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Looks just as ridiculous as I imagined it to but it made me smile all throughout

The carrier launch animations with the archery looked hilarious but I loved it ^^

It's like Strike Witches except with water skis and demonoid sharks with cannons in their mouths instead of foot-properllers and heavy weapons :>
Jan 7, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
That was decent to start this off, but the protagonist is already getting on my nerves. The SoL elements are also ridiculously confusing as I can hardly remember any character names. That said, this seems like it could be quite a solid show, at least on the action front if nothing else.
Jan 7, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Akagi :O

Was that song playing at the end the OP? Pretty cool :3 Can't wait to see it nxt week ^^

I wonder what the Commander told Fubuki to get her that hyped up?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.