Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought so, the case won't solve if Conan really lost his memory. It was interesting that he would kind of team up with a "legendary criminal" (who is not really a criminal). And as always Ran's strong karate to help out saving them.

Kaito at the end! To reveal the new movie a bit.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 26, 2014 3:19 PM

Jan 2011
The 2 hours long special was pretty good ^^
I really thought that Conan lost his memory at first XD
Ran was really pissed at Shinichi :P Poor him!

Dec 26, 2014 9:15 PM
Mar 2010
So it's really a 2 hour special then? That's good to hear.
Conan was really a stable front runner despite being undergraded by most avid anime watchers. Apart from labeling mis-connected episodes as fillers, they also kept noticing the timeframe where Conan should be a full grown 25 years old by now... Get real, this is entertainment.

Lately, Conan keeps getting 2 movie-length episodes per year. I just hope the last spoiler, Lupin III vs Kid will actually come true.
Dec 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
The opening promised to put forward supporting characters of the series to exceptionally rescue Conan, but none of this actually happened.
I didn't understand the reasoning behind some decisions and on occasion, I found myself slightly bored. (ー ー;) I had different expectations ... but it was entertaining for the most part.

Haibara went through a lot! (;゚д゚)/
Dec 27, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
Lol Haibara is always helping conan/Shinichi and will probably never get him though.

Either way I really liked the story as far as how conan pretended he lost his memory.
Pretty unique concept and the 2015 movie trailer looked awesome too.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 27, 2014 10:16 PM
Dec 2014
A two hour special? Awesome :D I'm assuming you all watched it raw. Any idea when it might be subbed?
Dec 29, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Konata360 said:
A two hour special? Awesome :D I'm assuming you all watched it raw. Any idea when it might be subbed?

It's already available with French subtitles.

I found it pretty annoying how they prolonged this special artificially by repeating the same scenes two times where it wasn't necessary. Only the parts not seen before would have been enough...
Average case. Could have been better.

But the most important question: Will they be able to fix Agasa's Beetle? After this accident I think it would be way cheaper to buy a new car even if it is possible to fix it.
Jan 5, 2015 1:37 PM
Aug 2011
So:
-The positive aspects:
Good use of the main cast (especially Haibara): while being extremely good, the 18th film relied too much on the guests rather than the main characters of the show we all know and love for the most part.
Decent humour.
Less dumb action scenes (well, except the over-the-top car chase, but even that was nothing compared to the Dimensional Sniper movie).

-The negative ones:
The case was predictable and boring.
All the characters specifically created for this special were generic and terrible (focusing too much on Kondo, who had no personality whatsoever, was probably one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in the show for quite some time).
The writing was poorly executed at some point: seeing again and again the same scenes in the bathhouse was not a great idea at all. It made no sense, very especially when the episode is 1h30 long (2 hours if you count the TV ads, I guess). It ruined the pace of it.

Overall, an average special. You can skip it if you want, you won't miss anything particularly memorable or terribly interesting. But, at least, it was not as bad as some fillers or the 11th/14h movies.
GedvuvdvjbchJan 5, 2015 3:56 PM
Jan 8, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Dat fall. sure he is faking it btw haibara was courage in this episode.
6/10 this special episode

Jan 12, 2015 1:52 PM
Aug 2011
Am I the only one who taught that the character design and some others things where less beautiful as the latest episodes? I thought it was done by another studio. (I've seen this episode right after the episode 762 so I've noticed directly).

At least, the part with Aibara was not so bad ;)
Feb 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Any news regarding eng subs? I can't seem to find any -.-
Feb 8, 2015 12:46 PM

May 2014
Does anyone know where i can watch this with eng sub ?
Mar 22, 2015 3:43 AM
May 2013
Hmm... watch it in Japanese.... but do required watch it in Eng Sub =/.....
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 25, 2015 8:16 PM
Apr 2015
Where can I watch it with english sub?
Apr 28, 2015 7:28 AM
Sep 2013
maealyssa said:
Where can I watch it with english sub?
there is no english sub till now
May 24, 2015 2:56 AM
Dec 2014
If anyone is looking for it English subbed, it has FINALLY been done!! I liked it okay, but I wanted to see more of Conan being awesome. Haibara was incredible in this special though, so kudos (heh) to her! I like her a lot more now :)
May 25, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2011
Ai helping out when Conan wasn't around

Conan didn't have amnesia and teamed up with Kondou

Glad he and his wife can live a normal life

Ai developing feelings for Conan

Preview for the Sunflower Movie with Magic Kaitou
May 28, 2015 1:03 AM

Dec 2010
...that was better than I expected this reminded me why I love DC the Ai looking back at conan scene made it perfect wish there were more, Ran was confuse and bad-ass as ever...
May 29, 2015 3:36 AM

Dec 2010
Really enjoyed it though I don't understand why they has to repeat some scenes after that flashback...
Overall, gave it an 8. I was left hanging though, wanting more since it lacked action =)
Kogoro didn't really do a big role (un)fortunately despite not being tranquilized this time
May 30, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2010
I like that Ai got to do something since she usually just stands around these days (although as usual it actually amounted to nothing), but I found most of it very uninvolving.

I also disliked the non-chronological structure of the story. It didn't add anything and seemed to just lead to retracing the whole story and even repeating scenes (deliberately padding a too-short story?). It may also be why the story is adrift for so long; it doesn't reveal much of what's going on until the flashbacks and doesn't generate any suspense either so there's no reason to care...and then when it is clear what's happening, the new characters are too bland to care about. In principal I wouldn't mind giving the usual stable a rest but these replacements are just boring.

I also have to gripe about Kondo being known as "the legendary hitman" when he apparently never killed anyone. It's impossible to believe he made who knows how many individual conspiracies with his targets to let them live and not a single one of these tricks was found out until the events of this story.
Jun 14, 2015 5:57 AM

Mar 2014
I'm with Fronzel.
The entire middle section of the special just seems unnecessary.
The only thing that section revealed was that Conan didn't actually lose his memory like we thought he did. That could have been revealed in 30 seconds, but instead they took 30 minutes going over everything that we had just watched. POINTLESS.

Also, I think the story would have ended up being much more interesting if Conan actually had lost his memory, and we couldn't rely on him being his usual witty self... having to root for Haibara or Ran or somebody to save him.
Instead of that, though... Conan was fine the whole time, and the second half of the special ended up being much more like just a regular episode of the series.

The beginning of the special captivated me, and the whole setup for the story was interesting. However, they didn't capitalize on it, and the second half got pretty boring.

6/10
vigorousjammerJun 14, 2015 6:00 AM
::End of Transmission::

Jun 20, 2015 3:10 AM

Feb 2011
AnimeFan500 said:

Ai developing feelings for Conan

^This.. Somebody said it before me..
Jun 22, 2015 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
Kazuha and Heiji, what are you doing in Yokohama? Lel.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2014
Man, Ran is scary! She will break you when not in the mood.

Jul 23, 2015 6:14 PM
Jun 2012
why is considered a manga adaptation, what chapter adapted?
Jan 3, 2016 8:45 PM
Aug 2008
That was nice. Kondo's character was really good.
I usually hope for episodes as these (even in the series), ofcourse I like the main story, but if not something like this would be great. Even kidnapping with the kids episodes were ok as they are not a lot.
I really liked this episode in general. It was greatly directed.
May 31, 2017 3:27 PM
May 2013
Ran is ruining this, she is the jealous housewife, even Kondo's wife isn't that mad.
Jul 8, 2017 12:56 AM

Feb 2015
Sigh, it wasn't what I expected. Bumped up a point for my fave Haibara.
Oct 29, 2017 12:34 AM

Jul 2012
I'm giving this an 8/10 just because it was really well done in the second half. This has barely any rewatch value for me, though because it's just frustrating to watch the first part since so little info is given and there is not much build up/hype at all since you're too confused lmao

Kondo is a really interesting character, I wish he was a regular. He kinda reminds me of Akai or another "rebellious" recurring character, except less witty.
Aug 30, 2021 1:23 AM
May 2018
Zarnaav said:
Ran is ruining this, she is the jealous housewife, even Kondo's wife isn't that mad.

Are you really pissing over a comedy scenes that aren't even meant to be serious.
Sep 5, 2021 11:34 AM
May 2013
AfroWarrior27 said:
Zarnaav said:

Are you really pissing over a comedy scenes that aren't even meant to be serious.

Yeah. Dunno it seemed kinda forced, insert stereotypical scene here.
When I watched this it seemed like this but now idk, maybe I was sarcastic because it was so cringe to watch.
Sep 5, 2021 11:44 AM
May 2018
If you think that’s cringe you must be weak willed.
Sep 1, 2022 7:41 PM
Aug 2020
when should i watch it I'm at 600 ep

More topics from this board

» Trailer

Cobra5 - Jul 5, 2014

3 by Ana »»
Oct 3, 2014 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.