Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Akane managed to stop Tougane from killing Kamui~

Anyway, so Tougane just someone who had mother complex...

and too bad, we didn't get to see Kougami in this season, but I am so looking forward to see him in the movie.
-Riri-Dec 18, 2014 8:54 AM
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Dec 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Oct 2010
GG well played Kamui. Sibyl recognized him in the end :>

It was a fun ride, good setup for the movie~
HyackDec 19, 2014 8:27 AM
Dec 18, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
An intense but imo not very well handled episode/finale. Really, the show wraps it up with the whole conflict again in tow. Mika is still being useless as ever. She didn't even choose to finish off Tougane. Overly a meh season. I was hoping for something a bit different but the latter half disappointed me. The first few episodes established a good momentum though.

Now I hope the movie can redeem this.

-Riri- said:
Akane managed to stop Tougane~

What?
Stark700Dec 18, 2014 9:02 AM
Dec 18, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
There's still OP and ED even though it's final ep.

"Kamui" guy showing he can change to different "Kamuis" Wow, that guy is such a mother-con who killed his own mother. Wow, suddenly that boss can be shot. Then system was a target, but updated into innocent.

They were able to stop Inoue-san's character. The main girl still don't want to kill "Kamui" guy, and he and that mother-con shot each other. The boss is back to normal?

I'm not sure how it will connect to the movie.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:

-Riri- said:
Akane managed to stop Tougane~

What?

at the beginning, when Tougane was trying to kill Kamui with the knife...
-Riri-Dec 18, 2014 8:54 AM
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Dec 18, 2014 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
This anime is legit , infinite/10 freaking love this series , really amazing anime
Dec 18, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2012
MASTERPIECE.

But no seriously,this was utter shit compared to S1 4/10.
Dec 18, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
Absolute shite on a stick. Embarrassment to the first season

Let us never speak of it again
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Dec 18, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
So Sibyl decided to judge the collective Psycho-Pass.
the end was okay, but it missed something. Overall, I enjoyed the second season. I hope they're making a sequel.

Dec 18, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2011
Wow only 11 episodes? I thought there would be atleast 12.
Dec 18, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
I hope that the film doesn't reference s2 at all so that I wont be compelled to watch it on whole series re-watchings

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 18, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
Seriously shit. Was going to give it a 7 if finale was okay but a 6 is in order.

Jun 2014
Conclusion?
This season was pointless and shit, that's it.

NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE END! Shit sequel.

+ I regret wasting my time with this shit. 1/10, would not bang.
alpha_shadowDec 18, 2014 2:08 PM
:3

Jul 2014
maybe the movie will redeem this disgusting season?
all in all, 4/10 for this season, but 6/10 cause i love psycho pass 1
Dec 18, 2014 9:42 AM

May 2014
Not bad. Although I liked original Psycho-Pass more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
black1blade said:
Seriously shit. Was going to give it a 7 if finale was okay but a 6 is in order.

For me 5.
Nothing special to be honest. Great ed and op song, animation average, too much shitty 3dcgi, story.... Wasted potential for me.
rsc-plDec 18, 2014 1:21 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 18, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2008
After rewatching Psycho Pass (the extended version) and just finished the last episode of Psycho Pass 2, the quality between them remains almost the same. That is, full of stupid plot devices and baffling decisions characters make.

Psycho Pass 2 just exaggerate these problems. The thing I didn't like about Psycho Pass 2 the most was that each episode had some edgy plot twist for the sake of shock value. Whether it was the citizens unknowingly killed innocent people through a game or that horrendous fire scene at the mansion.

Otherwise, both anime has pretty stupid plots with some minor attempt at intriguing philosophy. But it is good popcorn fun and as much as some of the plot devices are retarded (brains running the system, helmets hijacking the system, multi-brain/body transplant), I do enjoy those extremely dumb moments.

It is a stupid, but fun sci-fi flick. I think people expect way too much from Psycho Pass.
Dec 18, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
My Thoughts about this Last Episode. I'll just put it on a Spoiler,[s]To Save some Space.[/s]

Oh it's finally over. Well I had to admit this was a good season but Season 1 was still far better.

I'll rate this 7 out of 10 over all. But If the Movie felt like the real sequel to Season 1 I'll make it lower.
I can't wait for the Psycho-Pass Movie Sequel because Shinya Kougami was there! I'm looking forward for it!
RayzerDec 18, 2014 11:00 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 18, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2010
Utter disgusting shit. Hated it. literally the most uninspired, unengaging finale ever. lol. will pretend this never happened
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Dec 18, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2013
Jesus christ Mika, if she doesn't fucking die in the movie...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 18, 2014 9:47 AM
Oct 2011
Well that was a pretty good season. Not as good as season 1 imo, but still one of the best out of the fall lineup, right up there with Log Horizon 2 and Parasyte. It was definitely more bloody and and action packed than S1 but the trade off being that it's only 11 episodes definitely stinks as a lot of the characters never really had much of an opportunity to develop.
For example, Mika started off as a huge bitch for some reason then lost her everlasting mind towards the end, and now she seemed to have gone back to bitch mode like she didn't learn anything at all. wut? And Shou of course had ZERO character development.
Overall I still enjoyed the season but the story was definitely a little shaky here & there especially compared to S1. Can't wait for the movie!
zXReMXzDec 18, 2014 9:50 AM
Dec 18, 2014 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
harkega said:
What the fuck was this bullshit ending... Akane stopped Tougane from fighting Kamui, she ALWAYS has to fucking butt in when some badass shit is about to go down (Like that time with Kougami and Mahima's final battle).
They made Touganes character look from a badass mystery dude to a scared pussy who is obsessed with his mother.
Was Kamuis purpose this entire time go inside Sybyl and get shot there, wtf?
Kougami didn't show up at the end like i was hoping, well hope the Movie washes my mouth from this bad taste and feeling because this was just terrible.

Also one question, at the credits in the ending song was that Kamui in the prison? Did he survive that shot from Tougane??

it's inspector Shisui i think
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Dec 18, 2014 9:49 AM
Dec 2013
Well, that was anti-climactic. Didn't like this season.
Dec 18, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Vexper said:

I must be the only guy to tolerate Mika to an extent.

I'm surprised she can even keep her psycho pass clear. Maybe it's because her blind devotion and her ability to ignore the harsh realities helps keep herself clear, which is tragic in itself.

I really feel sorry for Mika.
Dec 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Ammish said:
Vexper said:

I'm surprised she can even keep her psycho pass clear. Maybe it's because her blind devotion and her ability to ignore the harsh realities helps keep herself clear, which is tragic in itself.

She shouldn't be an inspector, it's stupid that she's one in the first place, she's quite obviously not cut out for the job.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2010
Kamui gets Sibyl to recognize collective psycho pass and Sibyl escapes by destroying part of itself.

I would had enjoyed the knife versus dominator more.

Sigh, I guess I would give this an 8/10 and call it average though I did expect a lot more.
Dec 18, 2014 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
Last week's build up was better than the result of the finale. I found it to be quiet lackluster in it's execution. Not fulfilling in a sense that Sibyl just cheated it's way out from an actual judgement with some sub-par reasoning and everyone just has to accept it.

The fight between Kamui's people and the police force was messy and pretty damn random. Bows and arrow, Dominator changing modes and that new dominator gun came out of nowhere.

At least, Togane's secret as to how he reached the mental level of CC was explained.

Mika better play some key element in the movie, she lived this one through out of sheer madness and self-conflict.

Overall, a pretty dull affair, 6/10. There were some tense moments and great cliffhangers but the end result is pretty flat.
Dec 18, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
I was really impressed with this season for the first 10 episodes, but the finale is utter shit
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 18, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
Vexper said:
Ammish said:

She shouldn't be an inspector, it's stupid that she's one in the first place, she's quite obviously not cut out for the job.

Apparently, Sybil thinks she's cut out for the job.

Then again, Sybil decided to withdraw Akane's right as an inspector, but refuse to deactivate all the Dominators used by Kamui and his followers
Dec 18, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
^ I think Sybil only keeps her on board because she's pretty much been mindbroken into being a devotee to the system. Other then that, she's an absolute disaster of an inspector. She spends more time worrying about her own psycho-pass than doing her job lol. The episode where she stood outside the building and did nothing whilst the area stress level was going through the roof was something special to watch.
Dec 18, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
Hyack said:
GG well played Kamui. Sibyl recognized him in the end :>

It was a fun ride, good setup for the movie~

The synopsis of the movie doesn't seem to follow on from anything.

"Year 2116—The Japanese government begins to export the Sibyl System unmanned drone robots to troubled countries, and the system spreads throughout the world. A state in the midst of a civil war, SEAUn (the South East Asia Union), brings in the Sibyl System as an experiment. Under the new system, the coastal town of Shambala Float achieves temporary peace and safety. But then SEAUn sends terrorists to Japan. They slip through the Sibyl System and then attack from within. The shadow of a certain man falls on this incident. In charge of the police, Tsunemori travels to Shambala Float to investigate. The truth of justice on this new ground will become clear."

I doubt the collective psycho pass plot that resulted from the second season will play much of a role in this film.

I'm assuming the film is designed to be enjoyed by everyone and not require knowledge of the previous two seasons.
Dec 18, 2014 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
I always wanted Kamui to say that:

And her too:
removed-userDec 18, 2014 10:02 AM
Dec 18, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
black1blade said:

For me 6 too.
Nothing special to be honest. Great ed and op song, animation average, too much shitty 3dcgi, story.... Wasted potential for me.

This

Dec 18, 2014 10:02 AM
Oct 2010
Terrible, why is shi shu's PP suddenly readable now? I swear they just did things for the sake of convenience and not because it makes sense. The basis of the story is silly as well, you are telling me the entire system would change the way it operates based on exceptions? Just lol... 3/10 maybe 4.
Dec 18, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
so it was a right choice for me to drop this shit from episode 2? lol
turns out they really just milking pp1 popularity hahaha
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 18, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
But yeah I hope that this isn't required to watch before the film. People can watch the first season and the movie.

Dec 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
so it was a right choice for me to drop this shit from episode 2? lol
turns out they really just milking pp1 popularity hahaha

Tbf, if you enjoyed Psycho Pass and is aware of the stupid things the show brings in, Psycho Pass 2 is still enjoyable.

Let's not all forget, Psycho Pass had a shit ton of stupid plot devices. We seem to accept on face value that the society is run by brains and helmets can tamper with Psycho Pass levels by latching onto someone elses.

All Psycho Pass 2 did was increase the stupidity, but I think of that as a plus because to me, the show is a dumb sci-fi flick.
Dec 18, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2010
It is hard to rate the 2d season when you obviously don't like it while the 1st one is your favorite. I had so much hope in PP2 till the very end, but the last episode was far from good. And the whole is... how should I put it? Flat? Meaningless? It didn't stir any emotions.

6/10.
Dec 18, 2014 10:12 AM
Oct 2010
Also why can't they trace the information leak to Mika? I mean, they know who accesses or tries to access records... so what's the problem here? From her call logs to and from Togane + her recently accessing Akane's grandmother info it should be an ez investigation.. yet they don't know? But somehow they know that information was leaked?
Dec 18, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2011
BULL
SHIT
Dec 18, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
skudoops said:
Also why can't they trace the information leak to Mika? I mean, they know who accesses or tries to access records... so what's the problem here? From her call logs to and from Togane + her recently accessing Akane's grandmother info it should be an ez investigation.. yet they don't know? But somehow they know that information was leaked?

It could be possible that Tougane got his mother to erase or tamper with the records, so that Mika wouldn't be suspected.
Dec 18, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
Yes there are some baffling thing in season one but it pails in comparison to season 2.

Dec 18, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2008
black1blade said:
Yes there are some baffling thing in season one but it pales* in comparison to season 2.

Fixed.

Which is part of its charm. They exaggerate the stupidity in season 2 because Psycho Pass as a whole is a dumb sci-fi flick.

People expect way too much from Psycho Pass.

But I have to say, the director was a lot more controlled in his plot devices compared to Mardock Scramble. Half of the edgy shit in Psycho Pass 2 still pales in comparison to Mardock Scramble. That has edgy plot twists every ten minutes.
Dec 18, 2014 10:21 AM
Jan 2011
skudoops said:
Terrible, why is shi shu's PP suddenly readable now? I swear they just did things for the sake of convenience and not because it makes sense. The basis of the story is silly as well, you are telling me the entire system would change the way it operates based on exceptions? Just lol... 3/10 maybe 4.

It's not that it wasn't readable before, it's just that she truly went bat shit insane at the end and her CC went up.
Dec 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
Reason why first season was good - Shinya Kougami and Shougo Makishima were in it.
Reason why second season was bad - Shinya Kougami and Shougo Makishima weren't in it.

Seriously what happen?!
All new characters were meh...
I had hopes for Hinakawa Shou, but nothing really happen with him... ;(

I don't know... this wasn't really bad season, but this wasn't really good like first one...
Just feel disappointed with second season.

Hope movie will be better...
and I have there will be Kougami in it!
Dec 18, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
But season 1 was great and the movie looks awesome. Yes, it's not a intellectual masterpiece but it's above mere popcorn entertainment. I guess it depends what your standards are, for example most action films are popcorn entertainment in my eyes.

Dec 18, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
The final nail in the coffin.
Instead of fixing some of the plot holes it confirms them while creating a whole bunch of new ones.

PP2 is horriblly writen,horriblly directed,with horrible characters.
Visual were ok,but often the show looks awful,too.
Not even the opeing is good.The loops are annoying and there are freaking spoilers in it.

All of that ,combined with the fact that this season shits on something I love,leads me to only 1 possible rating I can give this show.
1/10
Dec 18, 2014 10:33 AM
Oct 2013
Can anyone explain what exactly determines what a collective psycho-pass is or how it will be used? Would it only apply to whatever fits in front of the range of a Dominater? What exactly determines the groups it will judge?

It seems like then an innocent person could be pulled into something and collectively be given a more dangerous psycho-pass reading. But I guess if they take the group in and then individually take there psycho-pass's, and make final judgement on that it would work out cause then the ones that were clear would be cleared.

So yeah individual psycho-pass readings would have to have a stronger weight in judging someone. Otherwise the system wont work at all. And everyone is fucked.

Also it seems Sibyl just made itself more dependent on the Inspectors as they now will have to actively determine when to recognize a "group" as a "group".
Dec 18, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
The only thing I didn't understand was what, or how, they were shooting at that turncoat inspector chick who lost her eye. Man when Akane owned Togane I marked out, badass, he's like twice her size.
Jaywalker.
Dec 18, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Ammish said:

[spoiler]
Vexper said:

Apparently, Sybil thinks she's cut out for the job.

Then again, Sybil decided to withdraw Akane's right as an inspector, but refuse to deactivate all the Dominators used by Kamui and his followers
[/spoiler]
Yeah I feel sorry for her too. She was just been blinded by Akane's traits which is protecting and even saving latent criminals and enemies which Mika despises because on what happened to her friends.
Vexper said:
^ I think Sybil only keeps her on board because she's pretty much been mindbroken into being a devotee to the system. Other then that, she's an absolute disaster of an inspector. She spends more time worrying about her own psycho-pass than doing her job lol. The episode where she stood outside the building and did nothing whilst the area stress level was going through the roof was something special to watch.

Yes her mind was been broken but it's because of those things that happened. But don't forget she did a good job on finding information of Sakuya and Misako Tougane which became a huge help on Akane. And she was just been deceived by the "Perfect Society", which is not.
RayzerDec 18, 2014 10:39 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.