Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 15, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know what it is but after about episode 4 or so I felt like this show lost its charm. It feels so generic, uninspired, and predictable. Its still a fine to good show, I'm not in love with it like I was at the beginning.
Dec 15, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode. We need a card of Jeane version Demon in the game.
Dec 15, 2014 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
KiraYoshikage said:
Great episode. We need a card of Jeane version Demon in the game.

There is one in the game
http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Dark_Jeanne
Dec 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
Okashi_sama said:
Ewww gay kiss, he put his tongue inside Favaro's mouth.

1/5

Feaor said:
I don't know what it is but after about episode 4 or so I felt like this show lost its charm. It feels so generic, uninspired, and predictable. Its still a fine to good show, I'm not in love with it like I was at the beginning.

Get the fuck outta here
Dec 15, 2014 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
Z4k said:
Okashi_sama said:
Ewww gay kiss, he put his tongue inside Favaro's mouth.

1/5

Feaor said:

Get the fuck outta here
1: you seem unable to detect sarcasm, and 2: dont shove your opinion down others throats.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2012
Jeanne becoming a demon :O

All of Amira's memories of her mother were faked by the pendant.

Amira going to hugging her mother so she'll remember her ;____;

Her mother remembers her before turning to dust.

OMFG FAVARO'S "BETRAYAL" HOLY SHIT THOUGHT HE WAS FOR REAL FOR A SECOND BUT THEN...

Still feel he's going to end up acting normal like usual next episode because depending on how you look at him he could have already been considered a "demon."

SnB just completely shit on everything else this season with this cliffhanger.Holy shit SnB might end up being a 10/10 if this continues.
Dec 15, 2014 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
Z4k said:
Feaor said:

Get the fuck outta here

You seem pleasant, but if you didn't pretty much guess what was going to happen in the past few episodes I don't know what to tell you. It feels like just another fantasy adventure with angels and demons and what not, the plot isn't anything particularly new.
Dec 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2014
Feaor said:
You seem pleasant, but if you didn't pretty much guess what was going to happen in the past few episodes I don't know what to tell you. It feels like just another fantasy adventure with angels and demons and what not, the plot isn't anything particularly new.

Well, I for once did not expect all of Amira's memories being fake, Favaro turning into demon or Rita picking up Azazel.

Other than that I agree that after episode 4 the show went downhill. Of course it would've been hard to keep up, but still a pity. I was reluctant to admit it before this ep, but the quality of animation is poorer too.

Nonetheless Bahamut continues to be highly entertaining. The show doesn't drag on, fanservice is also very reserved. Most of the events are worth their screentime. And this means a lot.
Dec 15, 2014 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Jeanne looks awesome in her demon mode.

Favaro turned into a demon at the end.
Dec 15, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2014
Damn! Jeanne looking sexy in her demon mode and poor Favaro getting his mouth raped from Marilyn Manson.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Wow,..

I actually liked the animation this episode, Amira coming through the fog and talking were some of the best animated scenes I've seen lately, and together with the music were just spectacular. Not so sure what to think of demonic Jeanne. Like it story wise, do not like how they turned my favourite historical hero from saint to demon. Also left with a lot of question, of which I wonder whether all will be answered in due time:

- Was the green dragon just full of shit? Amira's mother did seem to recognise her though, when they hugged.
- Was Lavalley a tool, and if so, why did he sent Kaisar after them? To keep Kaisar from preventing the prosecution of Jeanne?
- I'm still 100% clueless as to why Beelzebub would want to revive Bahamut, since Bahamut has been confirmed to bring ruin to gods, humans, and demons alike. So yeah, why?
- Were the angels/gods Jeanne saw in the fire real, her fear induced imaginations, or a deliberate illusion by Martinet?

I must add that regardless of the answer to that last question, I have very little sympathy for the gods.

Finally, I don't think Martinet used Amira's mother to extract the god key. I think they actually infused the mother with the demon key, or at least a trigger to it. As Amira is not really her daughter, but rather a part of her, it would explain why she disappears (or is absorbed) on contact, and sounds like a perfect way to fuse the keys.

niaxato said:
Looks like its up to zombie girl and the drunken god to save the day.

Anyone else got the impression that that guy is a fraud, or at best a demi god?

Othe than that he had the interior design of his trailer done by Ledouche and is walking around with a talking goose, we have no visual or really any other kind of evidence to support the notion that he is in fact a god.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 15, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
Amira lived a lie WTH T___T

Jeanne is a demon and Favaro too NOOOOOOO
Dec 15, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
Great plot twists, various characters turning into demons, and more surprises in the plot, I am increasingly curious about the development of the anime ..
Dec 15, 2014 5:59 PM

Sep 2013
This show is insane.
Dec 15, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
It was so hilarious when Favaro shouted that he wanted to join them. This show always manages to surprise me
Dec 15, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder if Beelzebub has made plans for Lucifer. Last episode, the later wasn't all that happy with what Beelzebub did even without knowing what exactly he was up to. And Lucifer still is the one who is really in charge of the demons, as far as those things go.

And in the end..what does Beelzebub think he'll achieve? I don't think Satan just had a fit of altruism when he combined with Zeus to seal Bahamut. Does Beel think he can control Bahamut? Or defeat him once both the gods and mankind is sufficently wrecked?

The gods are still idiots though, including Bacchus. Not intervening at all. And no fail-safe in that holy sword..which was rather easily converted. I mean, it's still in the hands of it's intended user, sort of..but the user becoming a demon seriously should trigger all kinds of alerts in heaven.

What Jean saw was most likely a delusion, but from what we've seen it can't have missed the truth by a hair.
Dec 15, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit... dat french kiss

Poor Amira, the VA did an amazing job with that whole scene.

Favaro is a demon now...

Hyped for next week

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 15, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
I don't even..that was fucking awesome, every second.

As it has been hinted, the gods are out to revive Zeus in whatever way. But how do they intend to deal with Bahamut? I'd ask the same of Beelzebub, and Lucifer for that matter. The two sides seem more bent on preparing for battle against each other in Abos, so they must be expecting to be able to control Bahamut to some extent and revive their respective leader. Soo many questions for two episodes to answer.

Definitely not going to count Jeanne and Favaro out in doing their own will. Like the OP hints at, the show shoves the idea of 'black and white' down our throats while presenting characters like Favaro, Amira and now probably Jeanne who pursue their own will and follow neither and both color, instead becoming 'grey'. Jeanne and Favaro particularly stand out with their transformations, and the conversation they had earlier back.

Amira and her mom though..that was so well done, that's what you get when you put great build up and even better execution together. Favaro's encouragement and her resolve/feelings for her mother proved more important than the danger of touching her/Beelzebub's scheme. It may have been a part of his scheme, but in the end she followed her will and proved Martinet wrong/got her mother to 'recognize' her. So bittersweet.

It's going to be an all out slugfest of demonic proportions, I'm triple buckling up for the last two episodes.
Dec 15, 2014 7:53 PM
Jul 2014
Well Amira is dead, Favaro and Jeanne are demons. Its gonna be an interesting ending, but sad.
Dec 15, 2014 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
The execution is amzing. Aside from that dog character, everything was top notch, Animation quality as well as character development shown in such as short timespan.

For a 12 episode series, this might be one of most well paced in years.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 15, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
Now with Jeanne being a demon I want to see how they going to stop her.

Interesting to see Rita and Bacchus working with Azazel and curious to know what is their plan.
Dec 15, 2014 8:17 PM
Nov 2014
This epppppp wghjkv ls;ss;lkffkdfl
---------------wdnfnfjknf
,,,,,,,,wkojkoook..........
error error
now my mind glitches and going to blow
I'll be back to comment after fixing this
Dec 15, 2014 8:37 PM

Apr 2013

Daaaaaaaaamn. What a crazy good episode. That just escalated things to a whole other level. I can barely wrap my mind around all the events that occurred. My body is so ready for the last two episodes.
dankzelDec 16, 2014 2:17 AM
Dec 15, 2014 8:45 PM

Sep 2014
Man what a episode. This show tops F/SN: UBW for me.
Dec 15, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
I find it funny how this show's rating has been steadily dropping over the past month or so even though it's been just as good if not better. MAL never ceases to confuse me.
Dec 15, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:
Feaor said:

Well, I for once did not expect all of Amira's memories being fake, Favaro turning into demon or Rita picking up Azazel.

Other than that I agree that after episode 4 the show went downhill. Of course it would've been hard to keep up, but still a pity. I was reluctant to admit it before this ep, but the quality of animation is poorer too.

Nonetheless Bahamut continues to be highly entertaining. The show doesn't drag on, fanservice is also very reserved. Most of the events are worth their screentime. And this means a lot.

Truth be told, most of the unpredictability comes from the fact that things just sort of... happen... in this show. Which is fine given the tone and fast pacing but it does make it seem as though things come out of no where with little to no foreshadowing, especially the dragon.

I don't actually think it went downhill though after episode 4, we got more backdrop and some development for the characters(Even if the development is overblown). Also, I think the pacing has gotten better than it was for the first couple episodes with some spikes here and there where I still think it's too fast.

I look at the show as a D&D session being animated which is usually what High Fantasy series are going for. It feels like they just roll some dice to decide what happens next(Hence the things just "happening"). Azazel for example, we were lead to believe he died, well luckily he rolled a 17 and managed to survive somehow but later rolled a 2 and got run over by Rita. Lmao

It's very entertaining to see what happens next even if it's occasionally predictable because they go so over the top with most everything and the character interactions are just fantastic.
Dec 15, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2013
Those saying that Amira's mom is a fake, or that Lavalley is lying, might be good to remember that Maralyn Manson's been lying between his teeth the entire time. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire scenario was a lie to break Amira, and her mother is being held captive somewhere else.

That said, I gagged so badly when Manson dug his tongue down Favaro's throat. I was always expecting him to use that trusty sword of his to cut through Bezzelbub's confinement... oh well, it's not like the status quo has changed much, he's still a demon, and has been since Amira turned him into one.

Jeanne was so friggin hot! I wanted her to go full rage and burn that foolish king down before flying away. Of all the characters, I always pegged Jeanne to have the happy ending in the end. Guess we'll just have to see., eh?

Next episode please!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 15, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2013
So.. that pendant was used as part of implanting false memories in Amira, and her "father" had one too. That could technically mean that he also had false memories. If this is the case, Amira might not actually be just 5 years old.
Dec 15, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I didn't expect it to be like this. Just after we got some of Amira's backstory, we got told that it was a lie, although it might be a lie as well. Also, we got some face-heel turns and a heel-face turn in this episode. Can't wait for the next episode!

By the way, two more episodes, huh. We've got:
- Beelzebub & Martinet, who want to unseal the Bahamut
- The Gods, who want to stop them
- Lucifer, who was betrayed by Beelzebub
- Jeanne, who was betrayed by his king and became a demon
- Favaro, who wants to save Amira and became a demon
- Amira, who just wants to meet her 'mother'
- Kaisar, who wants to save Amira
- Bacchus & Rita, who wants to save his friends, plus Azazel who was betrayed by Beelzebub
- Lavalley, who helped Amira and we still don't know if his story is true or not
- Cerberos, whom we don't know her whereabouts
- Bahamut

I just hope they can resolve the story well in two episodes.
silmarilDec 15, 2014 11:03 PM
Dec 15, 2014 11:17 PM

Apr 2014
Feaor said:
Z4k said:

Get the fuck outta here

Feels just like another fantasy adventure with angels and demons and plot nothing new? Okay mind telling me some of the other fantasy shows that this reminded you of smart guy?

JizzyHitler said:
1: you seem unable to detect sarcasm, and 2: dont shove your opinion down others throats.

You obviously have some issue with me don't you?

Dec 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2014
Oh boy oh boy things are getting more intense !!
Dec 16, 2014 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Of all the characters, I always pegged Jeanne to have the happy ending in the end.

I think having the name Jeanne D'Arc should've pegged it for you that she wasn't going to have a happy ending.
Dec 16, 2014 1:27 AM

Feb 2011
This is just my opinion but I think Dark Jeanne is still on mankind' side. Even when burning at stake, she never hated mankind, instead she drank the potion because she began to hate the angels.
She hates the angels because they betrayed humanity. She did not even try to kill the king.

Now my question is : are Favaro and Jeanne being controlled by Martinet, or do they still have a free will ?
L-Ryoshi said:
might be good to remember that Marilyn Manson's been lying between his teeth the entire time. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire scenario was a lie to break Amira, and her mother is being held captive somewhere else.

I was thinking the same.
LunatikPriestDec 16, 2014 1:40 AM
Dec 16, 2014 1:50 AM

Aug 2008
So much stuff happened. Hard to keep up.

And the after-credits were really worth it this time. Even the PV was nice. Really nice all around.
Dec 16, 2014 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Damn exciting twists especially with Favaro changing into a demon too :0

Dec 16, 2014 2:06 AM

May 2013
So Amira was a clone of that angel she called mother? Wow! Things are really heating up. It was beyond intense this time. Amira captured and is now one with the demon key. I wonder how the gods are gonna do about that. Rita and Azazel should make a counter-attack next episode.

Favaro and that nasty french kiss. Hahahaha! He is now part of the demon family. LOL!
Dec 16, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
Truth be told, most of the unpredictability comes from the fact that things just sort of... happen... in this show. Which is fine given the tone and fast pacing but it does make it seem as though things come out of no where with little to no foreshadowing, especially the dragon.

I don't actually think it went downhill though after episode 4, we got more backdrop and some development for the characters(Even if the development is overblown). Also, I think the pacing has gotten better than it was for the first couple episodes with some spikes here and there where I still think it's too fast.

I look at the show as a D&D session being animated which is usually what High Fantasy series are going for. It feels like they just roll some dice to decide what happens next(Hence the things just "happening"). Azazel for example, we were lead to believe he died, well luckily he rolled a 17 and managed to survive somehow but later rolled a 2 and got run over by Rita. Lmao

It's very entertaining to see what happens next even if it's occasionally predictable because they go so over the top with most everything and the character interactions are just fantastic.

Oh, hi, long time no see! ^_^

Well, can't argue that many of the things in Bahamut are random. Comparision with D&D is actually a very good way to look at it. And there is a certain charm in fantasy adventure that just goes ahead in whatever way it wants.
Still I think that the episode with the crab was the highest point of the show. Faces are off-model pretty often in the latest episodes too.

I think that Bahamut is a very western show, as far as anime can go. It's action-oriented and has few of characteristic fanservice. The very fact that the two main characters are not exactly bishounen speak volumes. And as such the show shines better in action scenes, while personal stories are not terribly engaging. Maybe that's why I liked the starting episodes more. Also plotholes accumulate, even though I am wishing to overlook them.

Btw, I agree about the scene with Azazel being run over. The instant I saw it, I thought that watching this anime was worth it. >< One of the best things in the whole season.
Dec 16, 2014 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
Oh nice ! The poor Amira has no chance...
Favaro risk the all for the whole, but unfortunately, he failed in this episode. The next will be wonderful.
Dec 16, 2014 4:25 AM

Mar 2013
It's getting intense now
Amazing episode !
MY DESSTI- I want the full ending by Martinet now
Dec 16, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2009
This is awesome, I don't have other words to describe it!
Dec 16, 2014 5:20 AM

Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:

Oh, hi, long time no see! ^_^

Well, can't argue that many of the things in Bahamut are random. Comparision with D&D is actually a very good way to look at it. And there is a certain charm in fantasy adventure that just goes ahead in whatever way it wants.
Still I think that the episode with the crab was the highest point of the show. Faces are off-model pretty often in the latest episodes too.

I think that Bahamut is a very western show, as far as anime can go. It's action-oriented and has few of characteristic fanservice. The very fact that the two main characters are not exactly bishounen speak volumes. And as such the show shines better in action scenes, while personal stories are not terribly engaging. Maybe that's why I liked the starting episodes more. Also plotholes accumulate, even though I am wishing to overlook them.

Btw, I agree about the scene with Azazel being run over. The instant I saw it, I thought that watching this anime was worth it. >< One of the best things in the whole season.

Yep, helloo. lol

While it's true that the characters backstories are really nothing all that amazing, the show kind of makes fun of the fact that they are so cliche. Kaisar talks about how he used to be this noble knight who stood for justice and Rita pretty much ignores him and isn't the least bit interested. Plus... I think that any backdrop is better than no backdrop, though I will agree that they are a bit too simple, at least most characters have some though but I'd like a bit more for the demons too and maybe the king.

I do agree with you that the Crab episode is the best one. I was mostly just saying maybe "downhill" wasn't fair to the series just because the 1 episode was the best one. I think the latest episodes are better than the first 3 or so, even if the animation quality went down a tiny bit in the character models occasionally. I could barely notice it though and it really wasn't enough to be jarring or make me take a point off of the show. I still think it's the best looking show this season truth be told, so much effort was put into the designs, the backgrounds, the animation and even the visual effects. Seriously, whoever made this, give that team a medal. Even the music is fantastic and top tier.

Also, you found plot holes? Then again, the series is so fast and things go by so quickly it does a good job at hiding them, though I would be interested in hearing them. Of course, the show doesn't take itself too seriously either, so it doesn't hurt the show as much as it would a more serious show.

And ya, when I saw Azazel on the ground after being run over, that was one of the funniest things I've seen in the show so far, if not THE funniest. lol
KetenDec 16, 2014 6:44 AM
Dec 16, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2014
Love Zombie loli (Rita <3)

Poor Amira, her mother actually was a part of her T_T

Favaro & Jeanne turn into a demon ?? Can't believe this o.O

Can't predict what will happen in the next week >_<
Dec 16, 2014 7:15 AM

Nov 2013
Amira ;____;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 16, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
So.. that pendant was used as part of implanting false memories in Amira, and her "father" had one too. That could technically mean that he also had false memories. If this is the case, Amira might not actually be just 5 years old.
yeah she'd actually be younger than 5, shes nothing more than a clone of the "mom" and was born in an adult body she has, shes probably not even more than a month or 2 old.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
Awesome episode as always. I can't believe both Jeanne and Favaro turned into full demons out of the blue. Belzeebub is a real son of a bitch.
And even though the world is about to be destroyed Lucifer and the Archangels aren't doing shit to prevent that from happening. It looks like Rita is making a temporary alliance with Azazel... should be good.
Dec 16, 2014 9:27 AM
Oct 2007
Wow this week episode is certainly intense in its' own way! The episode started off as 1/5 at Jeanne execution then 2/5 when Jeanne begin her demon transformation and so on. I might just give the game a second chance after the show is all over..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
I guess Favaro turns into a demon
Dec 16, 2014 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
holy cow that triple plot twist!
That was quite the episode.
I'm so hooked on this show.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 16, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
OMG THAT CLIFFHANGER, poor Favero had to turn into a demon.
Dec 16, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2010
I'm sad I'll have to wait for six days to see what'll happen next in this anime.

That "My dest-" in the preview was pretty interesting.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.