Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online II Episode 23 Discussion


#1
Dec 13, 2014 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113423
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, life is never fair huh? It was okay for relationship building in the real world. There's drama but I wonder how Asuna can connect with her mother again. Yuuki gives her advice though.

Asuna's mom also enters the game and her game character design is pretty typical. I bet that experience gave her some nostologia.



 
#2
Dec 13, 2014 6:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27583
Yuuki is having fun there at the school with the machine that Kirito made to communicate with Yui between virtual and real world. The house that soon to be destroyed.

About delivering feeling, and Asuna should talk to her mother. And she decided to talk through game to show the house. The avatar her mother uses is a short hair lady. Her feeling delivered and her mother finally agreed for her to say.

I wonder how they are going to end next ep.

Don't really like when internet is bad that affecting streaming.
Modified by tsubasalover, Dec 13, 2014 7:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#3
Dec 13, 2014 6:56 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
Continued well handling of the arc from A1.
Enjoyed getting the "Yuuki Yuuki" line, though for some reason I liked it more in the novel, ah well.
Asuna resolving her problems with her mother was well handled.
Overall well done. 5/5.
One more episode, left, huh?
tsubasalover said:
Is that why Kirito created that communication machine last ep. (for Yuuki to be able to talk to Asuna and be able to go to school in her coma)? Yuuki is having fun there. The house that soon to be destroyed.

He actually was making it for Yui, IIRC.
 
#4
Dec 13, 2014 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
It not her mother's character. Its Asuna's alt account they talked about before.

Kirito created the machine for Yui to experience the real world and be able to function in it.


Overall yet another great and well paced and faithful episode. A lot of other studios would have cut out a lot of crucial content there but A1 so far is handling SAO2 perfectly.
 
#5
Dec 13, 2014 7:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Again, A-1 wields a deft touch on what could have been over drama. Yuuki's situation with her family helps Asuna to finally be able to tell her mom what she wants to accomplish out of her life and that was what her mother wanted.

This is why Asuna's mother wasn't bad, Asuna's issue was that she was stuck, she was indecisive over what to do (even to an extent with Kirito), her Mother wanted Asuna to at least be moving towards some goal, which in general is what you want your children to do.

Kudos to A-1 for giving the story credit and doing a non-action episode to highlight the story instead of jamming in some flash. In today's society, for this genre, that is hard to do, but they did it well here.
 
#6
Dec 13, 2014 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4228
well-handled arc

from the title of the next eps is it implied that a third season will come out next year or 2016?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
 
#7
Dec 13, 2014 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2609
That awkward moment when SAO is actually good
 
#8
Dec 13, 2014 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 672
I laughed when she carried AIDS-chan on her shoulder as a cam.
Oh god who are you people?
 
#9
Dec 13, 2014 9:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 78
bunny1ov3r said:
well-handled arc

from the title of the next eps is it implied that a third season will come out next year or 2016?


No, its implying the name of the arc or in other words the ending of this arc. SAO III would be nice since the arc after this 1 is pretty nice (except for the insane time skips like season 1) and focus' more on the environment. I wouldn't expect to see SAO III for another 2 years at least with how big this next arc is (almost half of SAO is this 1 arc) and i worries me about how they will adapt it since it will need more than 24/26 episodes.

Enough with the future, lets talk about this episode. It was a pretty nice episode to close the issues that Asuna had with her Mother and to show her Mother the Virtual World. Next episode is the last episode so the hype train is about to make its final stop at climax-ville, everyone will have to depart the train at the next station.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 201
bunny1ov3r said:
well-handled arc

from the title of the next eps is it implied that a third season will come out next year or 2016?


There's already a lot of material to work on from the novels...

The chances are high :3
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
Bravo A-1. Still continuing on perfectly :3 Nxt ep it is!! TEARS INCOMING T^T

Dat kawaii crying mommy covering her crying face was so cute :3

Good for u Asuna :D And boy is Yuuki wary about Kirito. Loved how she told Asuna "He's not part of the real world in a different matter than me"

Oh and Dat loli Asuna <3
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 78
kamijoan said:
bunny1ov3r said:
well-handled arc

from the title of the next eps is it implied that a third season will come out next year or 2016?


There's already a lot of material to work on from the novels...

The chances are high :3


The next Arc isn't even finished yet so I doubt they will start animating it until the Arc is over or the author explains how many volumes are left for the next arc. From memory, this Arc has been ongoing before the anime even begun. So there is A LOT of content that will need to be covered.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:13 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
They can do it in two seasons, so do SAOIII up to volume 12/13 or so.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1141
SAO - Aincrad
7,6/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
Doesn't exist

SAO - Phantom Bullet
8,2/10

SAO - Calibur
6,7/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 8,6/10)


This is what I call a nice adaptation of the source content.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2403
Just realized how there are a lot of Yuuki this season.

Bringing Yuuki to school through a camera, it was a little awkward in like visiting the faculty office. Everybody being really friendly and the teacher getting Yuuki to read a passage.

Really liked the scenes that showed Yuuki's perspective when looking out to the real world. It almost serves itself as a reminder. The Yuuki Yuuki ^^ Yuuki being so cheerful actually kind of hurts :(

Asuna confronting her mother by her feelings. Other's happiness being happiness itself and to want to be able to stay there. Liked how though it being a virtual world, it just might be more realistic in the sense of their emotions. Her mother being able to cry and giving Asuna a chance to stay where she is.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 169
Danpmss said:
SAO - Aincrad
7,6/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
Doesn't exist

SAO - Phantom Bullet
8,2/10

SAO - Calibur
6,7/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 8,6/10)


This is what I call a nice adaptation of the source content.


You mean Fairy Dance right?
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
adaw31 said:
kamijoan said:


There's already a lot of material to work on from the novels...

The chances are high :3


The next Arc isn't even finished yet so I doubt they will start animating it until the Arc is over or the author explains how many volumes are left for the next arc. From memory, this Arc has been ongoing before the anime even begun. So there is A LOT of content that will need to be covered.

There's already enough content released for a season three and by the time season three ends, the arc should be over and we'll get the remainder in season four.

The only question is if the author is going to do another arc after Alicization.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
SAO ventures into drama with non-developed, one-dimensional characters.
Very boring episode, just like the last one. At least there was no "mama, papa" cringe-inducing virtual child this time.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1144
That scene with her mom was beautiful, this episode was 10/10.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1141
vince1996 said:
Danpmss said:
SAO - Aincrad
7,6/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
Doesn't exist

SAO - Phantom Bullet
8,2/10

SAO - Calibur
6,7/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 8,6/10)


This is what I call a nice adaptation of the source content.


You mean Fairy Dance right?


Nope, that was exactly what I meant xD
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:29 AM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 28853
was that loli asuna I saw? <3


a bit boring episode though :/

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 842
This was... perfect...

I almost cried with that scene with her mom, was more touching than LN, but i guess that's because it's animated and so on...

Also, that ending... in that moment, damn.

5/5 as usual for Mother's Rosario.

Also, my reaction to loli Asuna:


Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 209
This episode...This arc...
This arc + the ending song just hits you. Not sure if i'm ready for the next ep.

 
Dec 13, 2014 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 296
asuna x yuuki ending conformed

please, we need yuuki yuuki
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2149
Beautiful episode. It was nice to see how Asuna's classmates welcomed Yuuki.
I also liked the part where Asuna talked to her mother, it was really moving.

 
Dec 13, 2014 9:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 268
mixed feeling, really...

asuna together with her mom in VR probably the best thing we have this season
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5750
Nice school tour she got, luckly everyone is polite and nice there.

Looking forward to the finale next week.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 43
I loved this episode. Sure there was no action, but it really conveyed reality and connections. It made me tear up because I'm sure people can relate to this, and I think it was very well done. Very feely indeed. It's sad to know that the next episode will be the last episode of the season and who knows how long we have to wait after that, but I hope to really enjoy the next episode and not cry too much.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Takuan_Soho said:
Again, A-1 wields a deft touch on what could have been over drama. Yuuki's situation with her family helps Asuna to finally be able to tell her mom what she wants to accomplish out of her life and that was what her mother wanted.

This is why Asuna's mother wasn't bad, Asuna's issue was that she was stuck, she was indecisive over what to do (even to an extent with Kirito), her Mother wanted Asuna to at least be moving towards some goal, which in general is what you want your children to do.

Kudos to A-1 for giving the story credit and doing a non-action episode to highlight the story instead of jamming in some flash. In today's society, for this genre, that is hard to do, but they did it well here.


That does not excuse asuna's mother's behavior t hough.

It simply showcases Asuna's strength she has managed to remember via overcoming her weakness , allowing her to achieve the best result via diplomacy and treat her mother as an equal.

Her mother is still controlling asshole, but Asuna has found enough strength to tip the scales towards equality a bit more.

Its the best situation Asuna could hope with parent like that currently.
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2389
Man that was a great episode.

On top of that, the LiSA's ED raised dem feels
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 149
Perfect episode :)
I loved the school tour also that loli asuna is kawaii <3 <3
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1193
Asuna's Mother will join Kirito's harem? xD
Joke..

Sooo. season 3..
Alicization?
It sound's a great arc since it takes 5 volumes..
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 346
The real world stuff is nice. When they visted Yuuki's old house, I got really sad :P I'm still sort of on the fence about this arc. I wonder what the last episode will be like...
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 158
How many volumes of novel left? Do we have material for 3 season?
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 408
Wojtini21 said:
How many volumes of novel left? Do we have material for 3 season?

We have enough material for 36-40ish episodes
Modified by derprume, Dec 13, 2014 10:00 AM
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 408
I like how Asuna's mother didn't notice the ring on her daughters marriage finger LOLOLOLOLOLOL
 
Dec 13, 2014 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 504
Wojtini21 said:
How many volumes of novel left? Do we have material for 3 season?
well 9-15 haven't animated yet so SAO III will do volume 9-12 like all of SAO usually adapts SAO apadted 1-4 apart of 8 SAO II apadted Volume 5-8 caliber being volume 8. So SAO III will do volume 9-12
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
Asuna showed Yuuki around her school.

The scene with her mom was beautiful.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Great scene with Asuna's mother (Megumi Hayashibara rulez!). BTW it's hard to accept that they have VR on sucha a great level and she didn't try it even once before (so it seems). She should be like.. wow I've got wings, can fly and stuff ;p
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1292
When i saw the ed for the first time i tought that the camera on asuna's shoulder is yui. Lol
And loli asuna is really cute :3
Can't wait for the last episode, i hope it will make me cry, eventough i already accidentally read the spoiler.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1122
Good epiosde I guess but I hope she changes her mind of that engagement thing since she didn't say anything about it later
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2305
Nice to see little Asuna and the scene with her mother, beautiful.

Damn I'm a sucker for this genre, tears started to gather for some reason while watching this, maybe the Asuna and Yuuki scenes, oh well.

Hope I'm ready for the next week ;-;. Great episode overall.
Modified by nerfx, Dec 13, 2014 10:13 AM
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1700
this episode was so good it made me want to cry seeing Asuna's Mom go to the virtual world. It is as good too see her have emotions.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1122
derprume said:
I like how Asuna's mother didn't notice the ring on her daughters marriage finger LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Guessing she might have known about it but decides not to comment :/
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 101
Very nice emotional episode, next episode should have many feels :s. I loved the bits with Yuuki at school and Asuna's mom in the cabin.


mirakodus said:
Great scene with Asuna's mother (Megumi Hayashibara rulez!). BTW it's hard to accept that they have VR on sucha a great level and she didn't try it even once before (so it seems). She should be like.. wow I've got wings, can fly and stuff ;p


Hmm I don't know, I can imagine parents being completely unwilling to try current generation games, no matter how many times you'd tell them how amazing it is :p in this case she probably heard about the technology but never cared enough to try it.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
CookingPriest said:
That does not excuse asuna's mother's behavior though.


You have it backwards, Asuna is the one who did things that needed to be excused.

If a child wants to be treated like an adult, then the child needs to show that they have the maturity of an adult. Asuna did not do this, she couldn't even take on the responsibly of showing up to dinner on time.

But Asuna is maturing, that is the strength she has learned during this series. With Kirito, with Yuuki, she has come to learn what makes her happy, what she wants. Once she learned this she was able to go to her mother and explain this, and her mother, while not agreeing, was however perfectly willing to let Asuna pursue her own path as long as she acted like an adult doing it.

So no, Asuna's mother is not controlling, pushy, but not controlling. A controlling mother would have banished her from VR, a controlling mother wouldn't have even tried to go to the VR world with Asuna, a controlling mother would have never let her daughter run off and party in the real world with a motorcycle riding riff raff. But Asuna's mother allowed all this, all she wanted though was for Asuna to show some direction, not a firm direction, but that she was at least thinking things forward and not just giving up.

It is not a good parent who lets their 22 year old college dropout son continue to live in their basement and spend all day smoking pot and flapping to internet porn. That is what Asuna's mother doesn't want from Asuna. Once Asuna finally could articulate that she DID have direction, notice that her mother backed off (but not totally, saying something is not the same as doing it, and the mother wants Asuna to do it, not just say it - another sign of a good parent).

When I said Asuna's problems were "first world", I meant it. Asuna is lucky that she HAS choices. Her parents are rich, she is attractive, she pretty much can decide on any course that she wants. In short she has options, she just needed to decide which one to take. Most of the people in this world do not have those options, nor those opportunities.

Once Asuna made up her mind, the so-called problems retreated. That is the truest measure of where the fault laid. All her mother wanted was an explanation. Asuna couldn't give one before, but having experienced Yuuki, can now.
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1122
Hikarusuke said:
this episode was so good it made me want to cry seeing Asuna's Mom go to the virtual world. It is as good too see her have emotions.


q.q wonder why she can't just accept the feeling
Hope this might change her in the last episode
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 177
Awkward but convenient how Asuna's alt acount is modeled after her mother. I mean, that's pretty weird right?
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1122
Takuan_Soho said:
CookingPriest said:
That does not excuse asuna's mother's behavior though.


You have it backwards, Asuna is the one who did things that needed to be excused.

If a child wants to be treated like an adult, then the child needs to show that they have the maturity of an adult. Asuna did not do this, she couldn't even take on the responsibly of showing up to dinner on time.

But Asuna is maturing, that is the strength she has learned during this series. With Kirito, with Yuuki, she has come to learn what makes her happy, what she wants. Once she learned this she was able to go to her mother and explain this, and her mother, while not agreeing, was however perfectly willing to let Asuna pursue her own path as long as she acted like an adult doing it.

So no, Asuna's mother is not controlling, pushy, but not controlling. A controlling mother would have banished her from VR, a controlling mother wouldn't have even tried to go to the VR world with Asuna, a controlling mother would have never let her daughter run off and party in the real world with a motorcycle riding riff raff. But Asuna's mother allowed all this, all she wanted though was for Asuna to show some direction, not a firm direction, but that she was at least thinking things forward and not just giving up.

It is not a good parent who lets their 22 year old college dropout son continue to live in their basement and spend all day smoking pot and flapping to internet porn. That is what Asuna's mother doesn't want from Asuna. Once Asuna finally could articulate that she DID have direction, notice that her mother backed off (but not totally, saying something is not the same as doing it, and the mother wants Asuna to do it, not just say it - another sign of a good parent).

When I said Asuna's problems were "first world", I meant it. Asuna is lucky that she HAS choices. Her parents are rich, she is attractive, she pretty much can decide on any course that she wants. In short she has options, she just needed to decide which one to take. Most of the people in this world do not have those options, nor those opportunities.

Once Asuna made up her mind, the so-called problems retreated. That is the truest measure of where the fault laid. All her mother wanted was an explanation. Asuna couldn't give one before, but having experienced Yuuki, can now.
Takuan_Soho said:
CookingPriest said:
That does not excuse asuna's mother's behavior though.


You have it backwards, Asuna is the one who did things that needed to be excused.

If a child wants to be treated like an adult, then the child needs to show that they have the maturity of an adult. Asuna did not do this, she couldn't even take on the responsibly of showing up to dinner on time.

But Asuna is maturing, that is the strength she has learned during this series. With Kirito, with Yuuki, she has come to learn what makes her happy, what she wants. Once she learned this she was able to go to her mother and explain this, and her mother, while not agreeing, was however perfectly willing to let Asuna pursue her own path as long as she acted like an adult doing it.

So no, Asuna's mother is not controlling, pushy, but not controlling. A controlling mother would have banished her from VR, a controlling mother wouldn't have even tried to go to the VR world with Asuna, a controlling mother would have never let her daughter run off and party in the real world with a motorcycle riding riff raff. But Asuna's mother allowed all this, all she wanted though was for Asuna to show some direction, not a firm direction, but that she was at least thinking things forward and not just giving up.

It is not a good parent who lets their 22 year old college dropout son continue to live in their basement and spend all day smoking pot and flapping to internet porn. That is what Asuna's mother doesn't want from Asuna. Once Asuna finally could articulate that she DID have direction, notice that her mother backed off (but not totally, saying something is not the same as doing it, and the mother wants Asuna to do it, not just say it - another sign of a good parent).

When I said Asuna's problems were "first world", I meant it. Asuna is lucky that she HAS choices. Her parents are rich, she is attractive, she pretty much can decide on any course that she wants. In short she has options, she just needed to decide which one to take. Most of the people in this world do not have those options, nor those opportunities.

Once Asuna made up her mind, the so-called problems retreated. That is the truest measure of where the fault laid. All her mother wanted was an explanation. Asuna couldn't give one before, but having experienced Yuuki, can now.

This true 100% backed :)
Well Asuna was feeling sympathy towards her = cause for her actions
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 295
Wow!! 10/10 Just perfect! Magnificent! Loved it <3
 
Top
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »