Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 17, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Can anyone help me decide which anime I should recommend? I've narrowed it down to 2 and I just want clarification which of the two are best suited for this person's tastes.
Dec 17, 2014 3:32 AM

Nov 2013
Mhmm, could you not just send both of them and let them choose which one they'd like to start? (Unless they're really similar anime) Feel free to PM me otherwise and I can help you out c:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 17, 2014 3:44 AM

Jul 2014
Just wanted to say that I received PMs for both events :-)

Also I was a bit confused, because the figures changed. I read about the change here, so everything seems to be alright.

Speaking from a manga POV: I have to say I liked the tighter restrictions, this way some unknown titles get some more attention. In my opinion 30k completed/12 reviews are a whole lot for manga, a look at the top 10 reveals that noone of them top the 30k completed cap and only 7 top the 12 reviews cap.

The situation is probably drastically different for anime, so I'd suggest two different limits next year :-)
[This is not a complaint, it's just a suggestion]
Dec 17, 2014 3:52 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
ziggy_Z said:
Can anyone help me decide which anime I should recommend? I've narrowed it down to 2 and I just want clarification which of the two are best suited for this person's tastes.
You can either send both as Vexper suggested, or you can message the Elf which sent you the user you're giving to. Don't forget that the elves are here to help out with your gifts!

@MikeMike: I understand, which is why I added an "encouragement" to recommend titles under 10k for manga. For the next Secret Santa – or next incarnation of some kind of "Review This Series" event (if there is interest in it...) – we'll be sure to have two different limits for anime and manga. Things were just a little shaken up this year since we set the bar too high for most users participating, and we didn't want to change too much around last minute. Thanks for your feedback :)
Dec 17, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2013
To whom should we send the gift?
Dec 17, 2014 4:01 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Forsh said:

i just sent it to whoever sent me the pm telling me who i had to do secret santa for

I think that's what you're supposed to do
Dec 17, 2014 4:07 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Secret said:
DO send your gift back to me by Sunday, December 21st, 23:59 PST. I will re-route it to your recipient. (PM #2)

Me == the elf account.
Dec 17, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:
Forsh said:

i just sent it to whoever sent me the pm telling me who i had to do secret santa for

Thanks. What if the gift contains bbcodes. I think bbcodes are also active on PMs, if so, what should I do. ._.
Dec 17, 2014 4:18 AM

Nov 2013
Forsh said:
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:

Thanks. What if the gift contains bbcodes. I think bbcodes are also active on PMs, if so, what should I do. ._.

There's probably other methods but just dropping the code into Pastebin and sending them the link to it would do just fine? D:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 17, 2014 4:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Forsh said:
What if the gift contains bbcodes. I think bbcodes are also active on PMs, if so, what should I do. ._.
It's fine to send the PM with BBcode. Our elves can figure out which BBcode you used and send that to your recipient as well, fear not :)

hhitagi said:
I sent this to your Elf-Hime account but [...]
One of our elves will have a look at your rec and get back to you via Elf-hime. Thanks!
Dec 17, 2014 5:59 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome, I received my PM this morning! Thank you for your work elves :D
Dec 17, 2014 7:01 AM

Mar 2013
This is rather interesting to speculate about. How come three elves were given News Moderator access while Elf-rin for example wasn't? One of the possibilities is that three elves are being run by staff members (one clearly being Luna), while all others by the community. Yes. They mustn't see the moderator control panel under any means! Teehee.

Elf descriminarion. Santa wouldn't like it. ;)
Dec 17, 2014 11:48 AM
Mar 2014
Subpyro said:
Elf descriminarion. Santa wouldn't like it. ;)

I don't think that's something to get concerned about, Subpyro ^^
vegetablespiritDec 17, 2014 11:51 AM
Dec 17, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
I just like some verification. I'm signed up for the review feature in the recommendation edition,but am supposed to be sending a gift to someone who is not. Does this mean I can pick a recommendation that does not comply with the review feature restrictions?
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 17, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
PentaFlare said:
I just like some verification. I'm signed up for the review feature in the recommendation edition,but am supposed to be sending a gift to someone who is not. Does this mean I can pick a recommendation that does not comply with the review feature restrictions?

That shouldn't have been the case. If you have signed up for the review feature of the event as well, your recipient should have signed for it as well. I would suggest you to express this matter by replying to the Elf who has contacted you regarding the Recommendation event in private and explaining the situation.
Dec 17, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Subpyro said:
I would suggest you to express this matter by replying to the Elf who has contacted you regarding the Recommendation event in private and explaining the situation.

Sounds good, I'll wait for a response then.
Dec 21, 2014 5:48 AM

Nov 2013
Present Opening: Tuesday, Dec 23rd

I am way too excited for this :D
Dec 21, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Subpyro said:
PentaFlare said:

That shouldn't have been the case. If you have signed up for the review feature of the event as well, your recipient should have signed for it as well. I would suggest you to express this matter by replying to the Elf who has contacted you regarding the Recommendation event in private and explaining the situation.

oh that happened to me too. oh well, too late now.
Dec 22, 2014 12:38 AM

Mar 2013
warriorsftw said:

That's not something that should happen so casually. There would be a possibility that the number of those who have signed up for the recommendation feature without the review addition would be greater, but logically looking, only one person max would have been left out in that case and would have to recommend something to a non-review user. That is because reviews would be evenly paired and pure recommendations evenly paired as well. If there would be an odd amount of those who have signed up for the review addition, one would be left out if organized correctly, no more. Seeing that more than one has experienced this makes me worried that a chain reaction has triggered. Another possibility is that we were put in groups purely by judging from the power levels (amount of completed entries on the lists), but whether you have the review addition or not should take priority and it's only natural so, so that can't be the case.

Well, we can only speculate at this point. Hopefully no bigger issues will appear when it comes to reviewing.
Dec 22, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
I think the "power levels" ended up being a more significant factor then expected. Compared to the average member participating in the review feature, having a completed count in the 30s makes me significantly less capable of making a recommendation that meets the criteria then someone who has 200+. Likely, some members who were not participating in the feature, but could easily make a recommendation matching requirements, were chosen to recommend to some who are particiapting, but had a really low power level. I think it will work out nicely this way.
warriorsftw said:

Is it possible you could have made a mistake? I went and found your signup and yoi listed yourself as not participating in the review feature. You might want to check in with an elf ASAP.

Mod edit:
Double post merged.
AversaDec 23, 2014 12:00 PM
Dec 23, 2014 11:04 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
so like, when exactly are we getting da presents?
Dec 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2010
Today. Soon.
Dec 23, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:

Hopefully in less than 16 hours and 30 minutes. ;)
Dec 23, 2014 11:25 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Subpyro said:
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:

but den dat time it's gonna be like....christmasfor me
Dec 23, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2014
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:
Subpyro said:

but den dat time it's gonna be like....christmasfor me

Same here
I've been here way too long...
Dec 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Got mine :x

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 23, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2013
Mine too ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ extremely pleased with my gifts, thank you so much santas <3

Thanks for putting your time into this over the holiday period elves/staff :>
Dec 23, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2013
Just got mine and dfghjadsfghjgdfhgfds My Santa is the sweetest thing ever it made me 3 sets // I can't even, I feel like such a special snowflake now _(:3//_
I wanna thank Santa now ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Dec 23, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2008
My gifts are completely wonderful. Thank you fellow elves for delivering~!

Dec 23, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
The background to Eri is quite fitting. May consider keeping this new avy after the holidays. Thanks S.Santa.

Oh and how could I forget my recommendation. The way it was worded was very intriguing. Along with viewing the cover art, I've added it to my PTW. Thanks for the rec S.Santa
AstrosDec 23, 2014 2:39 PM
Dec 23, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
Got mine. They're great! My recs are so in-depth. Thanks for the hard work! Can't say the same for myself tho.
Dec 23, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
rothrock said:
Got mine. They're great! My recs are so in-depth. Thanks for the hard work! Can't say the same for myself tho.

Can't agree more , I feel like the gift I made sucks now xD

Dec 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Haine15 said:
rothrock said:

I'm on the naughty list yo. Didn't finish my rec ;_; oh god im terrible
Dec 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
It feels pretty nice to receive something! My Santa was really spot on to recommend me Romeo no Aoi Sora as the genres just really fits what I was looking for! Another one looks like a hidden gem that I've never seen before. Thanks Santa and the elves.

I felt the message I've sent out lacked Christmas spirit :O, something to note for next year! I don't think I've even concluded at the end :O
Dec 23, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Thanks to both of my Santas ♥

Looks like I have a bit of reading to do. :3 As for the image gift, I changed both my avvie and profile pic like, yesterday so I'll just use your profile pic for now c: I'm keeping both ofc.
Dec 23, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
rothrock said:
Haine15 said:

I'm on the naughty list yo. Didn't finish my rec ;_; oh god im terrible

xD I didn't have enough time to discover more textures ....... we feel indeed bad q.q
Thanks my santa who made killua DP <3

Dec 23, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2013
Haine15 said:
xD I didn't have enough time to discover more textures ....... we feel indeed bad q.q
Thanks my santa who made killua DP <3

Ehh, you're not alone. Personally I thought my images were sub-par. Though hopefully my recommendation will make up for it.
Dec 23, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2014
Awesome, my profile pic suits my morbid personality, thanks to whoever made it and to those elves who delivered them. I do wish though that I got more feedback on my present but time is a tough thing.
Merry Christmas all!
I've been here way too long...
Dec 23, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2013
Thanks, Santa. C:
KajaKamisamaDec 24, 2014 2:01 AM
Dec 23, 2014 3:27 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
All gifts have now been delivered to their recipients by our hardworking little elves! If you haven't received your gift for the image and/or recommendation edition, please send me a PM!

I hope everyone enjoys the presents they got! :)

I can already say a big thank you to my two Secret Santas! This forum set is exactly to my liking and absolutely amazing ♥ And I was really surprised that I got even 8 (!) recommendations and after a short first investigation they all look pretty interesting, now I have a lot to read~ I'll write more in the reveal thread later, but for now, thank you so much, your gifts made me totally happy!
Dec 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
Thank you for the gifts Secret Santas!!! :D Love my new about me! and Fate/Zero is interesting so far. :)

Merry Christmas everyone~!

Oh yess and Thank you Elves <3
Dec 23, 2014 3:56 PM

Aug 2010
I kind of feel bad for not describing my gift in a more detailed way, because my secret santa did an amazing job at it. Oh well, I'll try to do it better next time if I'm still around.

Edit: Glass no kamen is great so far, ty for the gift santa!
kallahDec 24, 2014 8:44 AM
Dec 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
I misread the review feature into thinking my recommendation gift had to be in a review format. I'm an idiot lol. At least it's good practice for my actual review.
Dec 23, 2014 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
Great turn out, my Santa was amazing !
TO CUTE XD

I ♥Sig by me I ♥ Vist my page :) I
Dec 23, 2014 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Whelp, my gift was short, sweet, and to the point. Here's hoping I like the series, and thanks for the rec!

I kind of wish I'd had the time to do the image version though; that was a lot of fun giving and receiving last year. Oh well, next time.
Dec 23, 2014 8:39 PM
Sep 2010
Haven't started the series yet, but the mystery Santa seems to have made a solid effort in selecting it, so thanks, whoever you are.

I'm gonna feel real bad if I screwed up and the person who received my recommendation doesn't like it.
Dec 23, 2014 10:52 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I love love love both my gifts!
The recommendation gift has given me the final push to start watching the series and the image gift almost brought me to tears for how much effort and time the santa put in.
Thank you very much both of you :)!
Dec 23, 2014 11:29 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Thanks secret santa, probably one of the best characters you could have picked <3

Now i will feel bad if the other person doesn't like my present.
Dec 24, 2014 1:19 AM

Mar 2014
FUUAAAAR!!

A big THANK YOU to my Secret Santa for the two recs he/she gave me! I'll read the first rec first but I'm gonna start in a day or two.

And also, very much thankful to the elf that communicated to me throughout this and huge THANKS to the admin!

Heaps of gratitude to all of you! Happy Holidays!!
Dec 24, 2014 1:38 AM

Sep 2013
Recs are amazing.

Dear Santa, I'm not picky with art styles. The manga you find in my on-hold are like high-priority ones, so your suggestions are most welcomed. I'll start reading *Seizon* now!

Profile Pic

Hola Santa. Thanks for the gift. I'm wondering if you draw it yourself? :D
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

234 by Wael5656 »»
9 hours ago

» List Title Toggle: Main Title, English, and more ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

108 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 15, 7:13 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.