Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think Usopp is the most annoying character in one piece?
Dec 6, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2010
So we are 673 episodes into the series and this character is still as useless as ever. he never progresses or develop, in every single arc he acts like a little bitch; he never grows a pair. What is the point of having him the series? his cowardly antics were funny at first, but 673 episodes in and its stale as fuck, its down right annoying. After that time skip i had hopes that he might develop, but he is just as useless as he was before. All he does now is just take up screen time, i really wish he gets written off the series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2014 9:39 PM

May 2013
The weird noises and different yells he makes make me laugh. He usually takes care of business if running away isn't an option.
Dec 6, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2010
Dec 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2010
D1C3M4N said:
The weird noises and different yells he makes make me laugh. He usually takes care of business if running away isn't an option.

he usually takes care of business by accident, not through deliberate actions. Not to mention it having to go through his cowardly act every single arc is really tiresome.
Dec 6, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
Admit it, no matter how bad you hate Usopp, You always had that goosebumps whenever he done some shit right.
Dec 6, 2014 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
Good for you.
Dec 6, 2014 10:02 PM

Mar 2010
tr1ckst3r said:
Admit it, no matter how bad you hate Usopp, You always had that goosebumps whenever he done some shit right.

of course i like it when he does some tight shit, like when he fought luffy, but my main gripe is 1.) that shit happens rarely and 2.) he would do something cool in one arc and then the next arc he reset and go back to being his old self, as if the previous events never happened. He is supposed to be a coward, i get that, but he has been through countless fights he should have had some development by now.
Dec 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah even though Usopp is my nigga since hes like one of only 3 black ppl in OP i gotta admit hes garbage and useless. how hes even alive still is beyond me
Dec 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2010
Objective said:
Good for you.

Thanks.
Dec 6, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2014
batossai said:
tr1ckst3r said:

of course i like it when he does some tight shit, like when he fought luffy, but my main gripe is 1.) that shit happens rarely and 2.) he would do something cool in one arc and then the next arc he reset and go back to being his old self, as if the previous events never happened. He is supposed to be a coward, i get that, but he has been through countless fights he should have had some development by now.

If you're talking about the latest episode then I'll give some reason:
1. He just met with the Tontata less than 1 day, of course Usopp want to help them but of course not to the point to risk his own life since they're not even that close, he's not Luffy after all.
2. Tontatta is basically stronger than him, of course Usopp had this "They're stronger than me, they'll be alright" way of thinking.
3. He scared of Trebol.
tr1ckst3rDec 6, 2014 10:20 PM
Dec 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2010
tr1ckst3r said:
batossai said:

If you're talking about the latest episode then I'll give some reason:
1. He just met with the Tontata less than 1 day, of course Usopp want to help them but of course not to the point to risk his own life since they're not even that close, he's not Luffy after all.
2. Tontatta is basically stronger than him, of course Usopp had this "They're stronger than me, they'll be alright" way thinking.
3. He scared of Trebol.
Usopp action in the latest episode is far more understandable if you ask me, there're lot more event when he's just gone all pussy far worse than this.

He knew what he was getting into though, and still froze up and did nothing. He doesnt have to put his life on the line but he should at least do something. I mean the least he could have done was take that grape and fire it into sugar's mouth using his sling shot, i mean he is supposed to be a sniper right? but all he does is watch, even after all the training he went through for two years.
Dec 6, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2008
I try to think of him as a more realistic and level headed strawhat. If you watched today's episode you have to admit there isn't much he can do in the current situation and he is well aware of that fact.

He might have gotten stronger over the time skip but it wasn't enough to fight head to head with top brass, so ihe runs away and relies on tricks to win his fights.If that doesn't sit well with you its understandable, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him completely useless and undeveloped.
Dec 6, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2010
akihikosama said:
I try to think of him as a more realistic and level headed strawhat. If you watched today's episode you have to admit there isn't much he can do in the current situation and he is well aware of that fact.

He might have gotten stronger over the time skip but it wasn't enough to fight head to head with top brass, so ihe runs away and relies on tricks to win his fights.If that doesn't sit well with you its understandable, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him completely useless and undeveloped.

How is he different from pre-time skip? I am not saying he should be super strong and own everyone left and right like luffy, franky,zoro and sanji. But he should at least buckle down and use his tactics/marksman abilities to contribute rather than being a spectator. He could have served as a distraction for the tonttas or maybe he could have sniped the grape into sugar's mouth. He doesn't have to fight head on , but he at least has to do something.
Dec 6, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
batossai said:
akihikosama said:

How is he different from pre-time skip? I am not saying he should be super strong and own everyone left and right like luffy, franky,zoro and sanji. But he should at least buckle down and use his tactics/marksman abilities to contribute rather than being a spectator. He could have served as a distraction for the tonttas or maybe he could have sniped the grape into sugar's mouth. He doesn't have to fight head on , but he at least has to do something.

Well can't argue with that, I was expecting him to snipe the grape too. I'm still expecting him to take action and do something badass, its just that OP pacing is slow and it might take a while lol.
Dec 6, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2012
Out of the strawhats, as of late I'd have to agree. Definitely not in the whole show though.
Dec 6, 2014 11:28 PM

May 2012
Yeah I'd rationalize Usopp as the "if you were in one piece character" - the one normal human without any extraordinary strength besides being able to live throughout all the fights so far.

He does have good reason to stay hidden and far away from trebol, but it's also pretty baffling that he doesn't even try to snipe that fake grape into sugar's mouth.

Is he the most annoying character? Nah
Do I wish he would have more independent strength? Yeah

On that note, Nami and Chopper aren't that far from Usopp's position.
Dec 6, 2014 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
I think his character is intended for some comic relief, though he say something notable ones in a while.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 7, 2014 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
Ahkrin said:
I think his character is intended for some comic relief, though he say something notable ones in a while.

yeah +1, he's the funny one of the whole crew.

Expect some badass moments (and growth) from him in next episodes :)

Oda put him on another level (higher than nami/usopp/robin)
Dec 7, 2014 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
batossai said:
But he should at least buckle down and use his tactics/marksman abilities to contribute rather than being a spectator. He could have served as a distraction for the tonttas or maybe he could have sniped the grape into sugar's mouth. He doesn't have to fight head on , but he at least has to do something.

for god's sake be patient. (around 5 episodes or so) then you'll see
Dec 7, 2014 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
I would argue that Robin is worse. She has awesome Devil Fruit powers, has an immense experience of being a criminal and agent, yet she does absolutely nothing. Heck, instead of stopping Sugar (I don't mention Trebol, because he is logia), she could just break her neck, the same way as she always did before. I don't know why she didn't do it.
Dec 7, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
He's tied for number 1 with Sanji in that regard.
Dec 7, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
I see no problem with Usopp's character. So what if he is a coward. We already have a bunch of bad-ass characters in One Piece. He adds to the flavor of the crew.
Dec 7, 2014 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
He can be damn well annoying sometimes but he's by no means the MOST annoying. I mean c'mon this is OP for god's sake, there are 100s of annoying characters. Take Trebol for example. Or Buggy, or that annoying ass Mr. 2. The list goes on.
Dec 8, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2012
Hes actually my most respected character in one piece.
He will develop in this arc, a badass way..

Dec 8, 2014 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
How can anyone still hate Usopp after his 10-ton hammer trick against Perona?
Dec 8, 2014 2:07 AM

Mar 2010
Phoenix_Wright said:
I would argue that Robin is worse. She has awesome Devil Fruit powers, has an immense experience of being a criminal and agent, yet she does absolutely nothing. Heck, instead of stopping Sugar (I don't mention Trebol, because he is logia), she could just break her neck, the same way as she always did before. I don't know why she didn't do it.

at least robin tried to do something. First she tried to distract trebol, and then she tried to hold sugar still, all the while usopp was just watching.
Dec 8, 2014 2:10 AM

Mar 2010
Inugirlz said:
He can be damn well annoying sometimes but he's by no means the MOST annoying. I mean c'mon this is OP for god's sake, there are 100s of annoying characters. Take Trebol for example. Or Buggy, or that annoying ass Mr. 2. The list goes on.

The thing is we dont have to put up with those characters every arc, so its easy for me to tolerate them when they do show up. But usopp is in every arc it gets tiresome.
Dec 8, 2014 2:18 AM

Apr 2013
No, even if we just talk about the strawhats. Sanji and Nami are more annoying to me.
Dec 8, 2014 2:34 AM

Mar 2010
smokes said:
Ahkrin said:

yeah +1, he's the funny one of the whole crew.

Expect some badass moments (and growth) from him in next episodes :)

Oda put him on another level (higher than nami/usopp/robin)

I hope so, but I am rather pessimistic about it seeing as how his character development ( or lack thereof) has been for the past 673 episodes. He always gets a cool moment, but then quickly reverts at the beginning of the next arc.
Dec 8, 2014 2:37 AM

Nov 2014
Nami is the most annoying to me in the strawhat crew
Dec 18, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2009
batossai said:
Inugirlz said:

The thing is we dont have to put up with those characters every arc, so its easy for me to tolerate them when they do show up. But usopp is in every arc it gets tiresome.

lol true but for the arcs where those characters are present they get pretty damn cumbersome. But yes Usopp is by far the most annoying Straw Hat.
Dec 18, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
No, Sanji is.

Usopp is awesome in comparison.
Dec 19, 2014 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
Usopp is the man. Those who hate him just tend to be jealous.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 20, 2014 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
Actually you're not right. When it comes ot a crisis situstions Usopp save's the day with his stupidity. Remember in Thriller Bark? He was so negative that even the Negative Ghosts are useless. Remember in Enies Lobby?? When the Navy just toke Robin in their hands and then Usopp hit them from about 100 meters. He is not the best, but still he's not uselees. Well, that's what I think...
Dec 20, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2014

Dont say bad things about my Nakama...Ussop is God!

Dec 20, 2014 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
The big problem here is not that Usopp is useless or not, it's that I don't seem to find the actual relation between being a coward and being useless. I dunno, he was a coward when he fought Perona as well... and that was useful, I think. Anyway, and as a manga reader, I can only say that you should keep watching, because Usopp does get focus here and goes through two -maybe more- very relevant character moments. The last one may definitely convert you to the Church of Nagahanity.
jal90Dec 20, 2014 10:11 AM
Dec 23, 2014 7:40 AM

Jun 2014
No, Nami is. Heck, she's basically become a fan service character. I don't remember the Nami I used to watch and love back in Arlong park arc. It's like all the development she got there just vanished.

I don't really dislike Usopp. I don't like him either. I think just like jal said above me, I will prefer Usopp to be coward and useful rather than just a useless twat. I think he needs to have some development and become like say Jean from SNK. Jean's certainly not the most courageaous but he does his best to overcome his fears and ends up being useful to those he cares about. I hope Usopp becomes like that.
Dec 23, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2010
Agafin said:
No, Nami is. Heck, she's basically become a fan service character. I don't remember the Nami I used to watch and love back in Arlong park arc. It's like all the development she got there just vanished.

=(

I wrote something about that in the One Piece manga subforum yesterday. I think that Nami's contribution to the series has been largely understated and at least in one of the three post-timeskip arcs she has a very relevant role. If anything the series has been weak lately at showing the static aspects of the character (her jokes, her stock personality AKA being easily annoyed or loving money) but not the dynamic ones. She is still very empathic and that leads her to make decisions or to become more emotionally involved with things than other Straw Hats. A lot of Punk Hazard was about this and some of her scenes there are more significant in terms of emotional display than most of what has been delivered through the rest of the crew. Her scene with Jimbe at the Fishman Island arc stands out as well.

I don't really think that the fanservice thing has got better or worse. It's pretty tame to me, just a girl in a bikini. And it kind of bugs me that she gets that much hate for something Robin is more noticeable and arguably much worse at (not just the fanservice but the character development thing).
jal90Dec 23, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 23, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
Can we all agree all but Robin and Chopper are obnoxious as f***?
End Zionazism
Dec 23, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Mikasa said:

No. We do not all share your inexplicable hatred.

Nami needs to be more than boobs though. That's fo' sure!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 23, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
Mikasa said:

If anything Robin and Chopper are underused and their appearances too sporadic. Why don't you use Sanji for this claim or something more -kinda- reasonable?
Dec 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
jal90 said:
Mikasa said:

If anything Robin and Chopper are underused and their appearances too sporadic. Why don't you use Sanji for this claim or something more -kinda- reasonable?

Why don't you read my post properly?
End Zionazism
Dec 23, 2014 2:52 PM

Oct 2010
Mikasa said:
jal90 said:

Why don't you read my post properly?

Because I'm awful at reading today. My bad.
Dec 24, 2014 5:42 AM
Aug 2013
Nope ... not at all.
Sanji is the most boring member of the crew .. every fight he is in is boring as hell.
While Usopp's fight are interesting and funny to watch .. he is in top three most interesting with Luffy and Zoro.
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Dec 25, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this topic is about opinion and everybody has one. For me, Franky is boring (i'm not fan of robots) and Usopp is cool. He is always acting so funny, even in battle is funny. He is strong in his own way.
Jun 10, 2015 6:12 PM
Jun 2015
When Usopp actually does do something right it makes you want to say WTF Usopp you could have done that a lot BE MORE FUCKING USEFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FUCKING USELESS CHARACTER YOU SHOULD DIE ALREADY YOU FUCKING FAGOT OF FAGOTNESS DIE ALREADY ADJASJKFHKJDGHFKSDGKBHSDKGJFHASKLDFHJKSDGHSDFKLASFIJHSDGKOJFHASDLKSWDJL:JASHFHLKKLGJUSDOJGHEOWJGKLASLFHL:ASJKFL:KAJSF:
Jun 10, 2015 6:14 PM

Feb 2015
Killertree123 said:
When Usopp actually does do something right it makes you want to say WTF Usopp you could have done that a lot BE MORE FUCKING USEFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FUCKING USELESS CHARACTER YOU SHOULD DIE ALREADY YOU FUCKING FAGOT OF FAGOTNESS DIE ALREADY ADJASJKFHKJDGHFKSDGKBHSDKGJFHASKLDFHJKSDGHSDFKLASFIJHSDGKOJFHASDLKSWDJL:JASHFHLKKLGJUSDOJGHEOWJGKLASLFHL:ASJKFL:KAJSF:

Bad day?

OT:I enjoy Ussops fights the most out of all the SH's.

I also have an opinion on most annoying with it being Sanji he is even worse after the timeskip and I'm glad he ain't in Dressrosa but hey ho I don't make a thread about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2015 5:57 AM
Jun 2015
Eltrik said:
Yeah I'd rationalize Usopp as the "if you were in one piece character" - the one normal human without any extraordinary strength besides being able to live throughout all the fights so far.

He does have good reason to stay hidden and far away from trebol, but it's also pretty baffling that he doesn't even try to snipe that fake grape into sugar's mouth.

Is he the most annoying character? Nah
Do I wish he would have more independent strength? Yeah

On that note, Nami and Chopper aren't that far from Usopp's position.

I have to say that Nami and Chopper actually do fight though. Chopper in Punk Hazard was one of the main fighters in his Karate form and Nami regularly contributes. Even if Nami does not fight regularly, she still fights when she can help - none of the stupid cowardly "I'm going to run at the first opportunity" thing that Usopp does and also Nami contributes by being the navigator. I can see almost no reason as to why they would want to keep Usopp around.
Jun 22, 2015 6:58 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
No, Sanji is.

Usopp is awesome in comparison.

Agreed. At least God Usopp wouldn't jeopardize a plan because his opponent is female.
Jun 22, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2015
to be honest he made me laugh around the first 130 eps or so but afterwards him being a coward and making weird noises just started to get annoying phus unneeded
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.