Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2014 1:36 AM
Nov 2014
Furthermore, Mobile Suits like Mack Knifes, Elf Bullocks, Elf Bull closely resembles the 'Flat' from Turn A Gundam.

Technology in G-Reco are much more superior than X and Wing if u would. So its a dillusion or dilemma. Black History has yet to be justified.
Dec 6, 2014 2:23 AM

Dec 2012
Agrippa messed his brain up during the cryo sleep, brainwashing him with images of different Gundams from the DH, such that he would herald " A GUNDAM!!" with a cry every time he sees one and hump even a box toy (because Tomino hated Bandai during Victory)?

* JOKE, JOKE* :D
Dec 6, 2014 2:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Anyone know how the show is doing in Japan?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2014 6:00 AM

Jan 2014
Gundamfagg said:
Furthermore, Mobile Suits like Mack Knifes, Elf Bullocks, Elf Bull closely resembles the 'Flat' from Turn A Gundam.

Technology in G-Reco are much more superior than X and Wing if u would. So its a dillusion or dilemma. Black History has yet to be justified.

The Dark History is everything from UC to whenever the Turn releases it's Moonlit Butterfly and destroys all technology on Earth.

From what we've seen I'd say the G-Self is one of the most advanced mobile suits we've seen in any Gundam continuity, really only behind the Turn A and X, but Earth developed suits like the Caitsith, Wuxia, Mack Knife, Grimoire etc definitely aren't more advanced than the Wing Gundam or Double X, though it's not easy to compare.
Dec 6, 2014 9:15 AM
Nov 2014
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:

The Dark History is everything from UC to whenever the Turn releases it's Moonlit Butterfly and destroys all technology on Earth.

From what we've seen I'd say the G-Self is one of the most advanced mobile suits we've seen in any Gundam continuity, really only behind the Turn A and X, but Earth developed suits like the Caitsith, Wuxia, Mack Knife, Grimoire etc definitely aren't more advanced than the Wing Gundam or Double X, though it's not easy to compare.

The Elf Bull and Elf Bullocks plus Mack Knifes are cutting edge suits and these suits largely resembles 'Flat' from Turn A, those 'Flat' MS are capable of hovering (Flying) in mid air just like those high end Capital Suits, They are capable of accelerating in high speeds and possessed Kira Yamato's Beam Spam (Metaphoric). The Wuxia's verniers are capable of high altitude jump and hover mid air, most suits in G-Reco are capable of hovering and they are actually pretty fast. They are all engineered with photon batteries (power plants). To say that those suits aren't advanced than the wing and double is a minus point. Seriously. If this show proves that Rose of Hermes blueprint (Technology) is something versatile, than Double X and Wing is out...
GundamfaggDec 6, 2014 9:20 AM
Dec 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2007
Marzan said:

Almost incalculably better than it is in the West, but then again they don't seem to have a raging hate on for it at that I'm aware of. It's consistently been one of the better performing shows and is even doing above average for it's time slot which normally doesn't get any measurable ratings at all really. It's also started airing during the day as well which frankly is where it actually belongs so that'll probably help it's exposure and ratings even more.
Dec 6, 2014 11:06 AM
Nov 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Marzan said:

Almost incalculably better than it is in the West, but then again they don't seem to have a raging hate on for it at that I'm aware of. It's consistently been one of the better performing shows and is even doing above average for it's time slot which normally doesn't get any measurable ratings at all really. It's also started airing during the day as well which frankly is where it actually belongs so that'll probably help it's exposure and ratings even more.

I'm glad to hear positive comments from Japan. Though in Malaysia, our opinions towards G-Reco is okay too, not much complaints on the plot. But many of the new school Gundam viewers couldn't accept G-Self's design.
Dec 6, 2014 11:07 AM
Nov 2014
My reasoning went like this after watching G-Reco episode 11.

1) The three people who can pilot G-Self are Raraiya, Bell and Aida.

2) Raraiya and the G-Self came from Towasanga

3) This episode, Wilmit said something. "The Megafauna which Bellri and Aida are aboard has come up into space... The G-Self came down from space... It can't be. I raised Bell." This is what got me thinking Bell may be from Towasanga. It just seems like something odd to say unless there has to be something about Bell being up in space. Considering the earlier revelation that he's adopted, space seems like a likely candidate for his origin and thus he is like Raraiya. Furthermore, from episode 2 where Colonel Cumpa Rushita's reaction towards seeing Bellri in the Capital Academy Cadet Picture by saying 'Its likely all a coincidence... this isn't a sort of thing that someone could plan out in advance'. If Colonel Cumpa Rushita is a meanie spacenoid or an agent then it all made sense.

4) For this to work, Aida has to be from space as well. Who knows Aida could be adopted as well.
Dec 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Gundamfagg said:
Imateria said:

The Elf Bull and Elf Bullocks plus Mack Knifes are cutting edge suits and these suits largely resembles 'Flat' from Turn A, those 'Flat' MS are capable of hovering (Flying) in mid air just like those high end Capital Suits, They are capable of accelerating in high speeds and possessed Kira Yamato's Beam Spam (Metaphoric). The Wuxia's verniers are capable of high altitude jump and hover mid air, most suits in G-Reco are capable of hovering and they are actually pretty fast. They are all engineered with photon batteries (power plants). To say that those suits aren't advanced than the wing and double is a minus point. Seriously. If this show proves that Rose of Hermes blueprint (Technology) is something versatile, than Double X and Wing is out...

The Earth has had a self imposed technology "taboo" on it for god knows how long, the Elf Bullocks and Mack Knife might be cutting edge for the Capitol Army but are technologically inferior to the G-Self, which really is cutting edge as it's from the moon which never had such a taboo placed on it's development. Besides the battery technology, which is of Luna and not Earth origin and I kind of question how much more advanced they are compared to an ultra compact minovsky fusion reactor, I've seen nothing to suggest that the Capitol or Amerian Army mobile suits are more advanced than say the F91, Crossbone or V2 Gundams. I think I'll keep the comparisons to UC suits, as I've said before I consider the Dark History's attempt to link all the AU series with UC and CC was more of an asspull than anything else so I conveniently ignore it as it doesn't change anything.

Regarding your later post, I've said it before, I reckon the three of them are Newtypes and that's why they can operate the G-Self.
Dec 6, 2014 10:27 PM
Nov 2014
[quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg][quote=Imateria]
Gundamfagg said:

Regarding your later post, I've said it before, I reckon the three of them are Newtypes and that's why they can operate the G-Self.

I don't think they are just newtypes, but spacenoids. Maybe G-Self recognizes them as people from space??? Because G-Self came from space, the owners of this toy must be from space rite??
Dec 7, 2014 3:00 AM
Nov 2014
They got enough backpacks for the G-self for Ban-DIE to make half a dozen kits lol just too bad, the design of the self isnt very appearing to mainstream.

Still very few exposition on the background and the same old issue of enemy character motive and skills wasnt set up properly: such as We never saw how good mask was before he put that mask on...

It is rather clear by now there are three sides and two sides on earth fighting it out to resolve mystery of the space people. The main character seem to be a space child... so means more back story... that needs a longer monologue to get explained.
Dec 7, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2014
[quote=Gundamfagg][quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg]
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:

I don't think they are just newtypes, but spacenoids. Maybe G-Self recognizes them as people from space??? Because G-Self came from space, the owners of this toy must be from space rite??

I hope not, that's rather vague and people from space are still Human so how would the G-Self be able to tell them apart since the only difference is birth place unless they're Newtypes.
Dec 7, 2014 6:40 AM
Nov 2014
[quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg]
Imateria said:
[quote=Gundam

I hope not, that's rather vague and people from space are still Human so how would the G-Self be able to tell them apart since the only difference is birth place unless they're Newtypes.

To be honest, there is no such thing as newtypes in the era of reguild century. Newtype is a revelation in UC era, yet still a mystery. But have u have to realize the system 'Rayhunton Code' recognizes Aida, Raraiya and Bellri. This also means that the people from space might have designed it for their own kind so that no one else could pilot the G-Self. If G-Self is manufactured solely for newtypes, and those spacenoids that build the G-Self are from Towasanga , then u are telling me that those people from that mysterious colony are all living newtypes? So basically those people on earth are worshipping new types as their saviour lolol nice theory u have. Btw, there has been no trace of newtypes at all in this era, all we know is that there is this bunch of Godly people from space providing salvation for mankind by offering photon batteries so that the world could recover from disasters and therefore taboos had been implemented. Now every activity on earth is operated by the mercy of those spacenoids known as godly people, that's why the threat is real.
Dec 7, 2014 6:51 AM
Nov 2014
jackaus said:
They got enough backpacks for the G-self for Ban-DIE to make half a dozen kits lol just too bad, the design of the self isnt very appearing to mainstream.

Still very few exposition on the background and the same old issue of enemy character motive and skills wasnt set up properly: such as We never saw how good mask was before he put that mask on...

It is rather clear by now there are three sides and two sides on earth fighting it out to resolve mystery of the space people. The main character seem to be a space child... so means more back story... that needs a longer monologue to get explained.

mask is actually another Jerid, a guy who destined to lose to the main character of the series. And I believe why Mask was able to fight head on with G-Self is due to its Mask's sensors , further he is a bright candidate introduced by Dellensen to the Capital Army. Mask loses because the Capital army are basically a fresh force, while Amerians are all battle hardened and ready to kick ass anytime they could. Look at their fleet! Wow so big! While Capital has just the capital tower and one space garenden and this space garanden is not even theirs but Gondwans. Basically they are just worst than AEUG in the sense that AEUG may be a fresh force, but it consist of experience soldiers ready to kick Titans ass.

And ur point on monologue is true, I agree on that. These monologue actually gave us hints to understand the story, since this story is related to G-Self and Raraiya from space, then Bellri and Aida might be space related too...
Dec 8, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
Gundamfagg said:
Imateria said:

To be honest, there is no such thing as newtypes in the era of reguild century. Newtype is a revelation in UC era, yet still a mystery. But have u have to realize the system 'Rayhunton Code' recognizes Aida, Raraiya and Bellri. This also means that the people from space might have designed it for their own kind so that no one else could pilot the G-Self. If G-Self is manufactured solely for newtypes, and those spacenoids that build the G-Self are from Towasanga , then u are telling me that those people from that mysterious colony are all living newtypes? So basically those people on earth are worshipping new types as their saviour lolol nice theory u have. Btw, there has been no trace of newtypes at all in this era, all we know is that there is this bunch of Godly people from space providing salvation for mankind by offering photon batteries so that the world could recover from disasters and therefore taboos had been implemented. Now every activity on earth is operated by the mercy of those spacenoids known as godly people, that's why the threat is real.

You're making a lot of assumptions based on not enough information and batshit logic. What do you think the people living on the moon are, an alien species? How is a piece of tech supposed to tell the difference between two people who are both human when the only difference it's looking for is where they were born? I still say the simplest answer is that it scans their DNA looking for the gene that makes them Newtypes.

Yes, there's little evidence of Newtypes here (as there was for most of the original MSG) but Earth is 1000 years removed from the Zeon conflicts and has been cut of with only minimal contact with space thanks to the taboo. Since the main point of Newtype Theory is people evolving to cope with the vast distances of living in space then people living on Earth largely cut off from space wont be affected by this. And at no point did I say the entire population of the moon was Newtypes, that's your theory not mine, but that doesnt mean there aren't any and that they are treated as ace pilots same as in the UC era.Also, your assertion that there aren't any Newtypes because it was a UC thing doesn't hold any wait, Newtypism is meant to be evolution, which couldn't care less about the change in the human calendar.

Frankly this is all just speculation since the show hasn't remotely shown us anything of the people living in space beyond the mentally damaged Raraiya and the G-Self (and maybe G-Arcane) so both our theories could be blown out of the water, but I maintain that mine fits the currently known facts of the series and the established history better.
Dec 8, 2014 11:23 AM
Aug 2013
Remember the Capital Army was only recently formed, these new Mobile Suits are nothing more than prototypes piloted by a bunch soldiers with little to no combat experience.
Dec 8, 2014 1:46 PM
Nov 2014
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:

You're making a lot of assumptions based on not enough information and batshit logic. What do you think the people living on the moon are, an alien species? How is a piece of tech supposed to tell the difference between two people who are both human when the only difference it's looking for is where they were born? I still say the simplest answer is that it scans their DNA looking for the gene that makes them Newtypes.

Yes, there's little evidence of Newtypes here (as there was for most of the original MSG) but Earth is 1000 years removed from the Zeon conflicts and has been cut of with only minimal contact with space thanks to the taboo. Since the main point of Newtype Theory is people evolving to cope with the vast distances of living in space then people living on Earth largely cut off from space wont be affected by this. And at no point did I say the entire population of the moon was Newtypes, that's your theory not mine, but that doesnt mean there aren't any and that they are treated as ace pilots same as in the UC era.Also, your assertion that there aren't any Newtypes because it was a UC thing doesn't hold any wait, Newtypism is meant to be evolution, which couldn't care less about the change in the human calendar.

Frankly this is all just speculation since the show hasn't remotely shown us anything of the people living in space beyond the mentally damaged Raraiya and the G-Self (and maybe G-Arcane) so both our theories could be blown out of the water, but I maintain that mine fits the currently known facts of the series and the established history better.

LEL, chill bro chill, to answer your question is pretty simple. I will share a bit of facts with u. This is among the few highlighted points stated by Tomino in an interview few months ago on G-Reco...

1)Space Colonies failed and Nuclear energy is banned.
2)Moon colony is called Towasanga and Venus colony is called Venus Globe.
3)Photon Battery can run a MS for a week and is the size of a notebook.
4)Revelation of Newtypes extinct since the early days of Universal Century.
5)Ever since the end Universal Century, humans started migrating to other planets. Meaningly, Venus.
6) Photon Batteries were founded and developed on planet Venus.
7) Towasanga(moon colony) provides the photon battery to Earth but they are actually produced in Venus Globe and brought to the Moon once a year in spaceships.
8) Photon battery is compressed light accumulated.
9) The spaceship design this time is silly with extravagant colors.
10) Grimoire is made in Ameria.
11) G-Self and G-Arcane can share backpacks.
12) Beam Javelin tech is different from UC.
13)Ever since taboos are implemented, earthnoid's technology had grown stagnate and much slower than spacenoids. Thus, humans from space are highly regarded as threats due to their advance technology.

Ahem ahem, lets set aside those Newtype theories and stuff, even Newtypes weren't mentioned in C.C era. I'm placing my bets on Tomino because he had stated it all by himself.

Btw, UC --> RC --> CC is coherent, the flow has been confirmed.
( http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/dac071c3tw1ekfs0ukhkoj21kw29gkjl.jpg )

-Aida named the G-Self as in G-Itself, foundation of the G series

-Photon Armor covers the entire frame and is more resistant and lightweight than Gundarium alloy from UC

-The strong thrusters and the abundant energy supply from photon battery, allow it to demonstrate phenomenal mobility.

-Montero(chest mounted) and G-Self rapid fire Rail Guns are very powerful and can destroy MS by themselves

-Tomino forgot that the G-Arcane transformed as of ep 16, already at Towasanga.

G-Self consist of 7 backpacks meaning 7 colours, while both Atmospheric and Space are considered together which is (Blue)

There's a G Institute that studies solely the G Series. There are 7 groups in total.

Jyaion considered as Villain MS (Rival to G-Self), set to appear in episode 19

G-Self's design was initially based on the Mack Knife.

There are many more facts out there. Good luck and enjoy the ride. Peace yo ~~
GundamfaggDec 8, 2014 3:21 PM
Dec 8, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
what a gundam fag, Gundamfagg
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 8, 2014 2:31 PM
Nov 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

LEL...who cares
Dec 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
Gundamfagg said:
ninjastarforcex said:

LEL...who cares

it was a compliment fag
Dec 8, 2014 2:57 PM
Nov 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Gundamfagg said:

LEL...who cares

it was a compliment fag

i know, and i really thanked you for that.. =) just a humor bro
Dec 8, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2014
Some interesting information there. The Newtype's going extinct is annoying but I guess it helps with a clean brake for the new series.

I still doen't buy it being them just from the moon.
Dec 8, 2014 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
average episode again, i thought that babara girl is gonna die though
Dec 10, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
j0x said:
average episode again, i thought that babara girl is gonna die though
hamann mk.2 cant die yet
Dec 11, 2014 12:40 AM
Apr 2011
Where is the star of the show? Where is Chuchumy?!
Dec 11, 2014 3:34 AM

Nov 2011
Remains positive my judgment on the TV series, I am pleased also to see the most active secondary characters in the narrative, but it remains an enigma to follow the story, too messed up the plot.
Drawings good although there is no use of CG in robots, I like!
Dec 24, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! Fights are getting better and better!

Woah didn't realize there were tons of Turn A Gundam references(kinda expected from Tomino-san himself).

I haven't watched that series yet, but since the BD's are coming out maybe i should try them once all of them are complete ^^

So stupid of Mask to get outside of his cockpit and try to hijack G-self in a middle of a fight. You have no back up so who the hell was gonna hold Kerbes?

And lol did anyone saw the reference when G-self used his after image against Barara.?

G Reconguista is getting better and better!

Can't wait for the next episodes!
Jan 13, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2013
I seriously don't understand what the fuck is going on in this show.
Jan 21, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm the flow of the story is starting to get confusing again...also last few eps have been rather average :/
Mar 15, 2015 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
fairly decent episode for once, the past few episodes have been better than the sloppy start but its still nothing particularly good, I hate to see these well animated mech battles go to waste like they are cause i can only care for a fight if i care for the story and characters around them, and with this show i couldnt give less of a shit about both, still improvement is improvment nonetheless no matter how marginal the difference may be and ill just be glad the pacing doesnt feel like a adhd kid downing fun dip anymore

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 21, 2016 9:01 PM

May 2009

I dunno. Couldn't they just lock her in the sleeping quarters and have guards posted outside so she won't escape and be a bother to anyone? But, of course, tying her to a chair in the SHIP'S BRIDGE seems to be a better idea. I guess the use of logic and common sense are taboo too, huh?

Dude is no Char clone. He is more of a Jerid clone.

Come to think of it, how many transformable suits did Jerid pilot? Luin?
Dec 16, 2017 3:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Saint Porto course!!!
Jan 27, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2017
Skyscrapers with growing plants on them? Interesting ecological situation they have in Ameria. And its fleet gave me some Victory Gundam flashbacks.

On a lighter note, Gym and Lily Borjarno x Mask and Barara Peol

Nice catch. I wonder if it says something about Barara's future role in the show, or the side she will take.

And lol did anyone saw the reference when G-self used his after image against Barara.?

It's basically from Zeta Gundam. When Kamille used the same after effect to disable Paptimus and go for the kill. What's even more funny how Barara was shaken and out of nowhere Mask interfered. It reminded me of Char interfering Lalah and Amuro's conversation XD

It's not the first time G-Reco is using its afterimage though.

Bellri's finishing kick to Luin was hilarious.
St0rmbladeJul 14, 2022 1:48 PM
Jul 14, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
Still funny, somewhat cute, but it doesn't feel like I'm about to reach the middle-point.

3/5
Dec 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Jul 2017
The most important thing that i noticed is that Mick Jack Is truly beautiful.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.