Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A frustrating episode, for both me and Godai. It's obvious that Kyoko isn't receptive of what's going on, but it's hard to tell what she's going to do now. She's had plenty of time to tell Mitaka that she doesn't love him, and it's obvious she doesn't. Speaking of Mitaka, I think what he's doing is rather... sleazy.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 2, 2011 7:19 PM

Apr 2009
What Mitaka does seems kinda sleazy to me too... but IMO its Kyoko's fault for not setting things straight with him...
Aug 3, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
I totally admire Mitaka. I think Mr. Godai is a pain! If I was Mitaka I'd even arrange to have Nanao and Ibuki coming over at Godai's. God where's Nanao?! that girl is missing everything, did he dump her already?
Mar 14, 2012 3:14 PM
Dec 2010
Oh not THIS again ,,, Kyko always goes with Mitaka anywhere leaving Godai behind, wth is she thinking, just say NO ffs!
Poor Godai and poor all of us watching this episode.
I wonder if Godai wouldn't be better with any of those two girls who love him with their full hearth.

I could have said Mitaka is this kind of dude right from their 1st tennis lesson. it was only matter of time. He somewhat deceived me by how long he kept up this "good guy" look. But here we go > his true nature showed when being cornered.

At least this time annoying tenants weren't adding poles into fire.

If she really do something with that super rich high class scheming smart ass I'll be dropping and rating this deep down under the line of average ....

Got irritated again, gotta remember to never watch/read show from Rumiko Takahashi again, it makes me way too often feel so annoyed that i don't get any enjoyment from watching it.

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyMar 14, 2012 3:28 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 18, 2012 8:06 PM

Oct 2009
Alas86 said:
What Mitaka does seems kinda sleazy to me too... but IMO its Kyoko's fault for not setting things straight with him...

I agree with both of you. What Mitaka is doing is sleazy, but in a way it's also Kyoko's fault for letting it get this far. She should have set things straight a long time ago. Regardless, I'm not happy with Mitaka's actions. He's getting way too pushy!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Nov 22, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
as time goes on you see her hate shun more AMD love godai more
Apr 1, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
How long has it even been in series time since Mikata started pursuing Kyoko, its at least over 4 years and she still cant tell Mikata that she doesn't want to date him like honestly its become a running gag at this point.
Oct 19, 2015 10:24 AM
May 2015
Oh boy! I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 22, 2015 1:05 PM
May 2015
"Mitaka- san I... Mitaka-san I... Mitaka-san I..." Just say something you idiot ghrrrrrrrrr. Kyoko is so passive Jesus Christ....
Jan 3, 2016 2:20 AM

Dec 2014
Ok I know every thing is fair in love and warbut still
May 13, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Mitaka getting a little to rapey.....Kyoko can't say no? Godai being helpless as usual.

Kyoko could have set things straight long ago before it got out of hand.
Aug 11, 2016 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Kyoko come to a decision soon. This is getting out of hand.
Jun 24, 2017 6:47 PM

May 2009
Ok, Mitaka is scaring me a little...he better not do something that he'll regret! Even though Kyoko is partly at fault for letting this drag on more than it should, I still think that once she's under pressure, she'll finally tell Mitaka that she's not interested in him. If the kids weren't there, I really think Godai would have punched Mitaka( and that would have been awesome!)
Also, WHERE THE HELL IS KASUMI?! She better not have abandoned the kids....but it would be worse if something happened to her!
Aug 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
honestly when i first watched this series it was around when Mitaka got over his fear of dogs that i really started to hate him and what made it worst is how he really starts to turn into a creeper as he's really trying to force everything at this point

but all in all Kyoko is the main reason this problem still even exist as its been obvious for along time that she loves Godai but yet she just let people have their way with her and she just acts stupid

honestly one of the main reason why i dont like Kyoko even re watching this series as much as i have i just hate her more and more each time because of the bs she pulls
"one step at a time"
Nov 9, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2015
Jesus Kyoko it's already episode 83. Make a choice.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 29, 2017 11:05 PM

Mar 2014
Fuck, I want to kick Mitaka's ass. And Kyoko, why do you have to be so passive?! She had multiple opportunities to say 'piss off, you sleazy douchebag' to Mitaka. Maybe that would have given him a hint to leave girls obviously not interested in him alone.
Feb 27, 2018 4:20 PM

Nov 2008
90% of this show would not exist if the characters knew how and when to say no.

No Asuna, no Yagami, no Kozue, no cabaret arc, harmless neighbours, Kyouko would have told Mitaka to get stuffed already, and so on.
Sep 22, 2019 6:30 AM

Jul 2015
If only Kyoko choose to follow her feelings and properly reject Mitaka and choose Godai

Jan 28, 2020 1:00 AM
Jan 2020
Kyouko has one ugly ass mom. Hope for godais sake hope that isn't kyouko future look

narulovesramen said:
Ok, Mitaka is scaring me a little...he better not do something that he'll regret! Even though Kyoko is partly at fault for letting this drag on more than it should, I still think that once she's under pressure, she'll finally tell Mitaka that she's not interested in him. If the kids weren't there, I really think Godai would have punched Mitaka( and that would have been awesome!)
Also, WHERE THE HELL IS KASUMI?! She better not have abandoned the kids....but it would be worse if something happened to her!
I'll give this show 10/10 if godai whoops mitakas ass
BetosdogJan 28, 2020 1:04 AM
May 9, 2021 2:49 AM

May 2019
Kyoko needs to set things right by herself now that Mitaka seems very forceful. Tell him her true feelings, Mitaka is done.

Jul 25, 2023 12:39 AM

May 2022
I hate this meet set-up scheme as much as Kyoko san's father. slurp slurp

Kyoko san's look behind (at Godai) when Mitaka san was dragging her to the car was like: Help me Godai san, I don't know what's going on.

If Taro san wasn't in the car, Kyoko san wouldn't have needed to call Maison Ikkoku -> therefore make Godai san know her situtation. It's like they understood eachother through the phone line without talking much - hayaku, she says.

If Mitaka san didn't pick up Kyoko san for the "date", no-one at Ikkoku wouldn't know they we're there together.

Imagine if Mitaka san picked Kyoko san quietly, no-one would have known the true state of things and how things could've unfolded from there. How Mitaka san is trying to convince Kyoko san to love her is making me very uncomfortable.

Seeing Kyoko san with her parents again, you can spot some traits she got from them - grumpy like her father and assertive like her mother.

And Mitaka san, you can not buy Kyoko san. Even if some people unjustifiably call you a whore here >:(
Jan 22, 11:22 AM

May 2020
How tf did I miss this part of Mitaka's character the previous times I've watched the show. I've always said that he got done over with his character's fate but he's trying to do the exact same thing to Kyoko. I'm seeing Kyoko in a more positive light this rewatch where I sometimes have 'victim-blamed' her in the past, she owes Mitaka fuck all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 10 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 3, 2011

30 by Ethan348 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 12 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 4, 2011

20 by Playcool »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

29 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

20 by Playcool »»
Today, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

38 by Playcool »»
Apr 24, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.