Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
Glad this arc is over.

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2014
Effing finally, now onto business. Just hope next episode gets to the raid itself and isn't solely comprised of magic death land filler nonsense.
Quality Queen.
Nov 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2011
Akatsuki's blade is so OP now that flavor text has been real... it is like a vampiric blade taking HP.

Anyways, now we can go back to the raid again. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
So the crafter can write their own flavor text? And the flavor texts turn real? Now that's some op shit right there...
"God's raidstaff: God was an inpatient person. When he entered his first raid and learned the necessity of trial and error he created his own raidstaff. A single swing of this staff would instantly clear out the entire instance."
"God's headband: The source of God's power, this headband turns thoughts into reality".
"Adventurer's Cane: Hit the ground twice to return to your original world or thrice to come back "

I'm not too creative, but you get the idea.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 22, 2014 3:09 PM
Jun 2010
I think flavor text are automatically generate to stay true to the world history.

if it's not, can you imagine many of the players creating fake items and giving it some epic flavor in hope it becomes reality.
Nov 22, 2014 3:11 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akatsuki was badass this episode! Loved her monologues and the strong resolve she had to take down the monster.
Now, she even achieved her Teaching! Shadow Lurk was pretty epic!

The teamwork was carried out well as well. I liked how oriented the units were in different zones.

Tatara-san is a great person in this universe. Giving her a reforged version of haganemushi and encouraging her to defeat her opponent.

Pajama party time. Henrietta almost passing out was pretty funny. XD

Good episode. Looking forward to Shiroe screentime next week.

Nov 22, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
I liked this episode. The kiting strategy :) , the OST was amazing. Akatsuki has finally learned a teaching. I was surprised though that Akatsuki has only destroyed the sword, I actually expected her to kill him o-o.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 22, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2008
Well, Akatsuki is getting the development now because the previous season she was.. not very useful. I'm happy for that, good episode.
Nov 22, 2014 3:40 PM
Nov 2014

Oh, come on DEEN, are you serious?

Aside from this atrocity, the animation was kinda good overall. I just don't understand how could they screw it up like this on Lenessia.
TyrelDec 4, 2014 9:20 PM
Nov 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
I love the Akatsuki character development
Nov 22, 2014 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
Akatsuki was nice here. And she finally got a new skill. Depending on whether she has to hit a single target with that, or can aim each strike individually, it is really OP together with her new blade.

I also don't think the crafter can just write whatever they want as flavor text, but more like that they have to think of something they want to achieve with that blade and the game - or the world, whatever - inserts appropriate text. Everything else would lead to less flavorable texts like "lol noob, get rekt" in an instant. Which probably would be something like one-hit-kill & making someone level 1 again..
Nov 22, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
YEAH! This was an AMAZING episode! I loved all the different designs for all the girls! Not just thin and cute in cloth armor. But tall and powerful ones, built ones, ones in full plate... I know its a small thing, but it was really cool to see.
Ninja girl finally learns her teaching and the bladesmith/shop owner joins the raid...
A nice, action packed episode to finally move things along...
ONLY TO GO BACK A MONTH.
GOD DAMN IT.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 22, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
For once the outro music was actually appropriate
Nov 22, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
Shiro the bae next episode. Raid after raid

Nov 22, 2014 5:41 PM

Mar 2013
What's this? A pajama party in which the women are dressed in pajamas that are appropriate for wintertime and not blatant fanservice? And no one is engaging in "sexy times" (except for Henrietta, so to speak)? Excellent! Well done, Log Horizon!

Something's been nagging at me, though: what's up with that purple-haired guy in Soujiro's guild? Is he a woman who was playing as a man and is now trapped in the "game" as a man, or is he just a really effeminate guy? I mean, either way is fine, but I really wanna know!
Nov 22, 2014 5:48 PM

Nov 2010
Nelarus said:

Oh, come on DEEN, are you serious?

Aside from this atrocity, the animation was kinda good overall. I just don't understand how could they screw it up like this on Lenessia.

Jeez, I knew it Lenessia's S2 design is horrible and have endured it, but putting it side by side like that makes me want to cry for the S1 design...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Nov 22, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Glad they finally took out the murderer, Akatsuki's character development was fine but the whole thing felt dragged out and boring by the end.

The raid episodes will be much better though so can't wait for that.
Nov 22, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode.

Akatsuki was cute towards the end when talking with Shiroe lol

Nov 22, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
Some great stuff. My favourite so far.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 22, 2014 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
Finally the Akatsuki arc is over
Nov 22, 2014 7:13 PM

Nov 2010
The explanation of kiting and Akatsuki's new Kage Bunshin no Jutsu skill was nice
This arc however has lost it's elegance and charm of the first season looking at Lennessia and Akatsuki
Nov 22, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2014
Finally can see Shiroe in the next episode, the Akatsuki arc was a bit too much but good that it is over now.
Nov 22, 2014 9:54 PM
Jun 2011
HELL YEAH!
That's the girl I signed on to this show for!
I've been watching 4chan bitch about how Akatsuki is totally worthless beyond being a cute fauxli for the past month!
I told them, "Akatsuki isn't a bad character. She just gets overshadowed a lot. She'd be fine if they actually gave her something to do other than lurk and look pretty."
I believe in her, and perhaps like Sojirou, you could say I believe in the power of women. Having overcome her own fear and self loathing, Akatsuki has become exactly the girl I thought she could be.

In other news, looks like this season is running parallel arcs. We got to see Akatsuki and Shiroe die, and then see how her side of the coin resolved, now it's time for his side. Looking forward to it.

Those bastards said it keeps getting worse, I beg to differ. So far I like the 2nd season more than the first. It's a bit stronger paced, while retaining the overarching mental engagement that the show holds over being an animated slug fest like SAO is said to be.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Nov 22, 2014 11:05 PM

Sep 2010
LazyLuong said:
I think flavor text are automatically generate to stay true to the world history.

if it's not, can you imagine many of the players creating fake items and giving it some epic flavor in hope it becomes reality.

Quite sure this is the best way for it to work. Tatara didn't write the flavour text, nor does she have any control over what it says. It was generated by the world, and contains only truthful information about the weapon: that it was reforged by Tatara to help Akatsuki. I suspect Tatara was able to name the weapon though. (?)

Good thing Akatsuki could never afford Byakumaru. O.O

When you show season 1's Lennesia alongside season 2's.... >.>

The difference seems to work pretty well for William though. Makes it look like all that high-level raiding has actually taken its toll on him.
Nov 22, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2012
ohh this was a good episode! loved how they all worked together and finally defeated that guy. and akatsuki's new power is nice.
Nov 23, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode.
Overskill... Shadow Lurk. Very nice.

Now back to Shiroe!
Nov 23, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
That was a really cool episode, did Akatsuki just use savage blow? hahaha

She got ksed at the end too xD

Looks like we will be back to Shiroe next episode. I'll admit I didn't think we would get any info about the real world, but after seeing the preview it looks like Shiroe is in some big trouble
Nov 23, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
Well that was impressive. Up next is probably something even more interesting!
Nov 23, 2014 5:33 AM

Jun 2009
Way better episode than the last few, great fight scene too. Now hopefully we can get back to Shiroe's raid.
Nov 23, 2014 6:14 AM

Sep 2014
FINALLY! Fuck yeah! Akatsuki finally gets the respect she deserves. Terrific episode.
Loved the coordination in the fights. Also, Shiroe at the end was great. Can't wait till we're back to Shiroe's raid. :D
Nov 23, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously don't understand why they couldn't use the original animator for Lenesia. This second season made it look like her face was melting (for better reference, watch Shirobako ep 7). It's horrendous!

That said, I find it weird how Akatsuki just grabbed the short sword out of thin air without so much as a "receive item" confirmation message. I guess it's all in line with the game becoming less like a game then?

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to what will happen now that they've shut down the town shield protecting Akihabara from monsters?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Nov 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to what will happen now that they've shut down the town shield protecting Akihabara from monsters?

The training groups will have more useful things to do now than play dress-up and go to the beach?

hawk222 said:

Something's been nagging at me, though: what's up with that purple-haired guy in Soujiro's guild? Is he a woman who was playing as a man and is now trapped in the "game" as a man, or is he just a really effeminate guy? I mpplean, either way is fine, but I really wanna know!

I've been wondering too, because it seemed like dude came out of nowhere. My guess is the former, since they took all that time making a big deal explaining it to us earlier.
Quality Queen.
Nov 23, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
Cool skill. That's the first time I liked Akatsuki a bit.
Nice week overall. All the meh shows had a good episode.
Judging by the ending, the next ep follows Shiroe's group at last.
Nov 23, 2014 6:39 PM

Apr 2012
Akatsuki get new skill

that was nice timework, Akihabara Raid ended successfully seal the murderer

can't wait to see Shiroe past :D

Nov 23, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
the teachings are so classic 'way of the sword' smaurai style. love that.

ok so what was the fox/wolf looking bloke at around 20 minutes doing. looks like he is playing the air piano, and maybe having a seizure. idk

also wonder how many times that makes it that shiroe and his raid group have attempted to complete that dungeon. such game dedication.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 24, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2014
Carry roles can't win without the help of support class...
new skill was strong
Nov 24, 2014 1:10 AM

Oct 2011
DATABASE made a cameo again. Dat air piano playing

Akatsuki's new teaching + weapon was awesome !!!

Great teamwork from all the girls in Ahkibara.

Shiroe's POV from episode 6 next time
Nov 24, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2007
Is it just me or has this series become "The Akatsuki Chronicles" as of late?

Not that I mind, since she's a cutie, but they're really playing favoritism with her. XD
Nov 24, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2010
They had a really good strategy with kiting the enemy.

Shadow lurk was badass!

Now it's turn for Shiroe's christmas eve pov. Excited for the retry!
Nov 24, 2014 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
The last few episodes had a lot of Akatsuki in them, sadly we won't (probably) see much of her in the next eps. I'm excited to see Shiroe's raid however, LH seems like it's filled with "FUN" this season.
Nov 24, 2014 5:30 PM

Aug 2011
Something finally happened! And seems more are on its way!

Fuck yeah!

» Escapism.

Nov 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, Tatara reforged the sword and its flavor text was rewritten. Since flavor texts' description and effects are becoming real now, that makes blacksmiths OP as hell doesn't it? Much like how Shiroe's scribe sub-class enables him to make world-changing items as is the case with Rudy O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 24, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 2013
xchee said:
Wait, Tatara reforged the sword and its flavor text was rewritten. Since flavor texts' description and effects are becoming real now, that makes blacksmiths OP as hell doesn't it? Much like how Shiroe's scribe sub-class enables him to make world-changing items as is the case with Rudy O__O

Not that OP.

Shiroe's class changing contract, for example, required phantasmal class materials.

Likewise forging a powerful weapon requires high level materials and a high level smith.
Nov 24, 2014 11:53 PM

Oct 2013
Extremely enjoyable episode :)
I'm really glad that this is going to be 25 episodes not 12.

I really hope the story takes a new turn soon though!

So far so good

I still think Dean makes Akatsuki and Lenessia look a little derp at times though :P
Nov 25, 2014 4:04 AM

Feb 2014
It could be better though if they split this raid into 2 or at least 1.5 episode, just get rid all those slow episode.-- It's just like the effort to shut down the magical barrier didn't play a big part, while it was one of the main plan in LN. And Akatsuki's Haganemushi not that OP, she need more than 20 slash to break Byakumaru, this supposedly can become a development scene rather than just skip almost all of it.

7/10.--
Nov 25, 2014 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
fst said:
xchee said:

Not that OP.

Shiroe's class changing contract, for example, required phantasmal class materials.

Likewise forging a powerful weapon requires high level materials and a high level smith.

This is NOT like Shiroe's contract. See my post one page back.

The flavour text is generated by the world and shows the true story behind the weapon. Tatara cannot just write whatever flavour text she wants into the weapon and expect it to become true. Actually, I don't think she has any control over the flavour text, but maybe she was able to name the weapon.

In contrast, Shiroe's contract did allow him to write something seemingly fictional, and make it come true (Rudy got the previously nonexistant "Adventurer" subclass). Given that he had to use the highest level paper and ink in the game just to give one willing Lander a nonexistant subclass, it seems OP, but not -that- OP.
Nov 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
As much as I love Akatsuki this arc was way too long, she kept pondering about the same thing again and again. That said I did loved her development, but now it's time to finally move onto the better raid.
Nov 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Feb 2013
Finally learn a skill thing omedatou:3
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 25, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2014
Good episode. I loved the kiting strategy, reminds me of when I used to play games. I'm happy that Akatsuki got some much needed character development. Her new skill reminds me of Killua from HunterxHunter.

Anyways can't wait to know how Shiroe died next episode.
FrostFlameNov 25, 2014 1:01 PM
Nov 27, 2014 2:44 AM

Mar 2014
I thought the arc was pretty good. Nice development for Akatsuki.
Looks like we go back to Shiroe next episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.