Forum Settings
Forums

Has an anime ever mad you so angry you couldn't continue watching it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 11, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
FloatsBoats said:
RinPriest said:

I am actually interested in your reasons, do tell.

He's probably MLG basketballer and got mad at the unrealistic side of it.

There are unrealistic sports anime to appeal to Kids and Teenagers (except Haikyuu)
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 11, 2014 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kill la Kill caused me physical pain within the first few episodes. I had to give up.

Zero no Tsukaima also became utterly intolerable after the first season. The repetitive tsundere melodrama forced me to stop watching.
Nov 11, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2009
Milk_is_Special said:
FloatsBoats said:

That's just a stupid reason. I know those lighting bolts in their eyes are unrealstic but there really is a state of mind in sports where you focus on the game alone and nothing else. This is in fact called "The Zone".

Still doesn't change the fact that KnB tends to be on the more unrealistic side of things. And I can totally see how this would piss some people off.
Nov 11, 2014 5:34 AM

Apr 2011
KnB became shitty not because of unrealism (hell, that's the only thing it had going for it........ other than the bishies), but because it became far to ridiculous.
Nov 11, 2014 5:43 AM

Feb 2014
Accel World for me too. Just can't get past the episodes where that new guy from whatshisface's fencing team was introduced. As if wasting the potential of the concept by spending most of the episodes in the real world wasn't enough, they then introduce a villain who's such a stereotypical villain that he's evil just for the sake of being evil. It's really infuriating to watch him.
Nov 11, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2014
I seldom get angry, ever, but School Days brought me to pure rage. Its the only anime I have completed that I was unable to assign a rating, I simply don't know what to make of it.
Nov 11, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
Its just an anime.
No need to get angry.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 11, 2014 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
skyzblue said:
Its just an anime.
No need to get angry.

Unless its Pupa
Take care of yourself

Nov 11, 2014 7:01 AM

Feb 2013
razortongue said:
skyzblue said:
Its just an anime.
No need to get angry.

Unless its Pupa

Pupa was just a short. It only ate up three minutes of the week

It was bad but I don't get why folks are so pissed about it. It was forgettable
Nov 11, 2014 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
Nope because even when a show pisses me off I don't drop it.
Nov 11, 2014 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
If a form of media is inciting an emotional reaction from me for some reason then it's likely producing some form of entertainment value that would encourage me to continue watching it to sate my curiosity. I wouldn't drop something if I decided to invest time in it.
Nov 11, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Accel World
1/10

so many miss
chara & story develop plus the voice actor MC so suck
Nov 11, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
I don't think so. My anger is reserved for 3D shit.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Quixotes_Solace said:
Mahouka

Hahahahahahaha!

Anyone read moe-sucks <- that blog?

I swear, bad reviews sometimes lead to the most amusing of shows.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 11, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
Akame ga Kill. But I eventually got over the trash called Seryuu.
Nov 11, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
Nope
Nov 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
mary88 said:
Kuroko No Basket

Seconded, this was the only anime that actually was so ridiculous that made me angry and dropped it. Maybe because I'm a basketball fan irl and the stupidness and unrealisticness of it just pissed me off more than usual, felt like they were making fun of the sport in general. That 's probably the only one though
Nov 11, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
Qans said:
mary88 said:
Kuroko No Basket

Seconded, this was the only anime that actually was so ridiculous that made me angry and dropped it. Maybe because I'm a basketball fan irl and the stupidness and unrealisticness of it just pissed me off more than usual, felt like they were making fun of the sport in general. That 's probably the only one though

you are missing out on the friendship man and the muscles.
you sound poor
Nov 11, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
-Klad- said:
Akame ga Kill. But I eventually got over the trash called Seryuu.

Lol Spoilers!!!!!
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
Yes, Yuuki in Mirai Nikki episode 4 my limit of taking his hissy fits was reached, I even remember actually shouting out loud 'FUCK THIS SHIT!' and closed down the video.
I did eventually get back into the series, mainly just because of Yuno and Minene.
Nov 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
ElPysCongroo said:
Yes, Yuuki in Mirai Nikki episode 4 my limit of taking his hissy fits was reached, I even remember actually shouting out loud 'FUCK THIS SHIT!' and closed down the video.
I did eventually get back into the series, mainly just because of Yuno and Minene.

Whaaaaaaat!

I watched that entire anime backwards. It was the touching story of how a lonely time lord became a slightly more lonely boy in school.

Nov 11, 2014 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
7starkiller99 said:

Whaaaaaaat!

I watched that entire anime backwards. It was the touching story of how a lonely time lord became a slightly more lonely boy in school.

And a pink haired girl bringing people back to life with her healing bullets and knife
Nov 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
ElPysCongroo said:
7starkiller99 said:

Whaaaaaaat!

And a pink haired girl bringing people back to life with her healing bullets and knife

YES! It was amazing.

Nov 11, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Nisekoi - everytime another random girl appeared with a "key" I just wanted to hit something.

Nov 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
badwolf45f said:
Nisekoi - everytime another random girl appeared with a "key" I just wanted to hit something.

But but, wasn't that a key from a dollar store or something? xD

Nov 11, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2011
CatchyMalice said:
This has happened to me once and it was with "Strike Witches". With the over amount of fan service provided by an mostly underage cast I couldn't stand even getting through the first episode. (I do plan to finish it sometime though...)

D:< Strike Witches is Love, Strike Witches is Life!

Anyway, Servant x Service, I had a small feeling she would end up with the character I hated the most, and then she said she had feelings or w/e for him so I dropped it faster than you could blink. It pissed me off so bad because the show was so good up until that point then it got stupid as shit.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Nov 12, 2014 1:24 PM
Aug 2011
Golden Time , Itazura na Kiss , Zetsuen no Tempest , i just can't stand those triangle loves..

Except that , I don't think there's any anime that pissed me off so far.
Nov 12, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2011
Oreshura. Once the pink-haired tsundere girl appeared I abandoned ship immediatly. Every other character was already annoying enough but I held on somehow... But that girl was too much, she was just too fucking annoying. I wanted to smash something whenever she opened her mouth.
Nov 12, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
No it's just too silly to get mad at something that not even real :p
Nov 12, 2014 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
Kanon, I could not finish that, i watched six episodes and then I was down because the girls annoyed me sooo much that it pissed me off. Lol Mini rant
Nov 12, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Zeta986 said:
FloatsBoats said:

There are unrealistic sports anime to appeal to Kids and Teenagers (except Haikyuu)

Doesn't make them any bad though.
Nov 12, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2014
It does actually^ well in KnBs case at least
Nov 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2014
Shoujo Chara Party

i watched it because I enjoyed the original series buT THIS SEQUEL SUCKED SO BAD
Nov 12, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2013
Nope, never. If something offends me, it's keeping my attention somehow. Even if I hate it, it will still entertain me.

If it bores me however, I'll drop it quicker than a bad habit.
Nov 12, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Toarujisuru said:
Basically anything on my dropped list rated 3 or lower.

Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san *H.P. Lovecraft rolls in his grave*
Lovecraft would be pissed no lie

Qans said:
I had to get used to anime simplifying anything. The amount of times I wanted to smash my screen every time I see unconventional swordplay in Rurouni Kenshin is stupendously high. Watching Kenichi also raised my blood level but I got used to it and enjoyed it.
PeenusWeenusCaimNov 12, 2014 3:29 PM
Nov 12, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
VitaminCaim said:
Toarujisuru said:

Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san *H.P. Lovecraft rolls in his grave*
wtf this is a thing? kind of want to watch it
Nov 12, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
Killaclown said:
VitaminCaim said:
No, it's retard moe shit and bad japanese humor. It's literally "I'm a space loli named Cthulu" and that's it. Practically stole the name and never referenced him again. The entire time you would expect at least a simple lovecraftian joke but it's the same dumbshit for the same two seasons
PeenusWeenusCaimNov 12, 2014 3:34 PM
Nov 12, 2014 3:33 PM

Apr 2014
Nisekoi

Fuck it made me mad everytime a new girl was introduced.
Nov 12, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
Nisekoi

Fuck it made me mad everytime a new girl was introduced.

I have to agree there are way to many girls in Nisekoi. If you read the manga it's kind of worse.
The only reason I'm still following it because the art is cute and it's got it's funny moments.
Nov 12, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
Zero no Tsukaima

Couldn't handle the Louise

Nov 12, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2014
Have happened on several series, yet some of them have been just mildly irritating. I think I can't stand any anime that has a serious plot where a serious character continuously gets hurt because of another character that is naive. Naivety is a bad thing when inserted within seriousness, except when the plot just wants to shatter it.
Nov 12, 2014 4:22 PM

Aug 2014
Felt this way for Aldnoah.
MC's dense as fuuuu
Nov 12, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2011
Zeta986 said:

The basquetball one looks like a one hand's Kamehameha
Nov 12, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
Qans said:

Nope.
Nov 12, 2014 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
Loved it in Eyeshield 21.
Nov 12, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
VitaminCaim said:
Killaclown said:
No, it's retard moe shit and bad japanese humor. It's literally "I'm a space loli named Cthulu" and that's it. Practically stole the name and never referenced him again. The entire time you would expect at least a simple lovecraftian joke but it's the same dumbshit for the same two seasons
eh screw that then :(
Nov 12, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
Matsutarou's humour most of the time is fart jokes or the MC being a douche and then getting karma in return. :/ Not my thing.
Nov 12, 2014 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
A bloody cat death in Grisaia.
Nov 12, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
Qans said:

Nope.

Nope.
It's a shonen (and a very good one), and I think it doesn't have to be realistic to be enjoyable.
I even recommended this anime to basketball player friend, and he said he loved it. He knows it's exaggerated, but it's a part of the show. If he wants something realistic, he just have to watch an NBA game, not a shonen anime.

I used to be a soccer player for several years, and I still love shows like Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart or Ginga e Kickoff because I don't looking for realism in these shows, what I look for is the tension in each soccer games, team spirit, badass new skills, power of friendship and all that jazz.
Nov 12, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
-Skyleo- said:
mayukachan said:

Nope.

Nope.
It's a shonen (and a very good one), and I think it doesn't have to be realistic to be enjoyable.
I even recommended this anime to basketball player friend, and he said he loved it. He knows it's exaggerated, but it's a part of the show. If he wants something realistic, he just have to watch an NBA game, not a shonen anime.

I used to be a soccer player for several years, and I still love shows like Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart or Ginga e Kickoff because I don't looking for realism in these shows, what I look for is the tension in each soccer games, team spirit, badass new skills, power of friendship and all that jazz.

This. I also play soccer (competitively when I was younger, not now) but stuff like Area no Kishi, Ginga e Kickoff and Whistle! never bugged me if they went a bit unrealistic. And a better example is music which I'm actually very seriously into. La Corda D'Oro's unrealistic performances and whatnot didn't bug me that much. Uta no Prince-sama was very enjoyable even if the main character learned how to read music in a day. Okay, not gonna lie, it bugged me just a bit.

Point is, why watch it solely to see how realistic it is?

Well, I guess everyone watches sports anime a bit differently. Some watch it with a closed mind which is okay, but that's not really a valid reason for a show to be bad. But if we're talking about Prince of Tennis, then unrealism can actually ruin it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 3 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

3 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 22 minutes ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 10 hours ago

24 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 38 minutes ago

15 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.