Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Let's see of more of Jiggy Pepper shall be revealed today.....and more Niche as well.

I heard the full OP the other day. Sounds totally different in the long run. Like a rock song.

"I hate you. The next time you touch Lag, I'll kill you."
That should sound threatening but all I'm thinking is "Niche is love!"
garfield15Nov 7, 2009 7:55 AM
Nov 7, 2009 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad Ginny understood what Jiggy Pepper felt when he left the town, and her brother's feelings through the letter. Next ep. proceeds with Lag's travel to become Letter Bee.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2009 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
Ah, Jiggy Pepper so badass, even with his lame name.

Haha, Largo got told by Niche. But it's his fault for being so creepy <3

Can't wait for the next episode. Lag's on his way. We also get to meet some of the other bees, it looks like. I know I saw Aria and Zaji.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Nov 8, 2009 12:37 PM

Jun 2008
I thought that Lag was supposed to hide his power, not show it to everyone. Anyway nice episode.
Nov 8, 2009 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
This anime makes me wonder if those UPS guys have similar feelings about delivering stuff

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 8, 2009 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
Selkaine said:
This anime makes me wonder if those UPS guys have similar feelings about delivering stuff

I got a good laugh from that. xD Though, I highly doubt it, considering that they ran over my friend's dog and didn't do a thing...
Maybe Fedex does. :P

Anyway~ Good episode ^-^ Niche is definatley turning out to be one of my favorite characters, though she is still very much a child, and Lag is acting somewhat like her father: ("You musn't do that," and, "Don't say those things ever again.")
Love how Steak did his part by latching himself onto the lizard... thingy's tail.
I still dislike Nelli, even if she learned her lesson. She seems a bit bi-polar... One second, she's bent on making Jiggy cry, the next moment she's all, "Oh yeah, Lag, you can have this pass back because I supposedly figured out that stealing things is bad..." Yeah. xD
Nello's eyes didn't have any whites in them.... kinda freaky.
And I'm still bugged by how Gauche and Lag don't have eyebrows...
xD Just my rants. The episode is good and I'm willing the computer to post the next episode.

Nov 8, 2009 5:51 PM
Oct 2007
This anime needs to stop being so sad. (Not that it's a bad thing.)
Nov 8, 2009 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
Nooo.. i thought i'm gonna see Aria in this episode *sob* *sob* waiting for next week again..aarghhh

I love how Steak said "Ahemm" when Lloyd approached Niche from the back XD

Akabatari? lol

Annisa said:
It's just the beginning..more is coming
Nov 8, 2009 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
awwww...too much sob goin on. next week we get to see them in action.
Nov 8, 2009 7:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
-Risa- said:
Selkaine said:

I got a good laugh from that. xD Though, I highly doubt it, considering that they ran over my friend's dog and didn't do a thing...

LOL

Annisa said:

Well, the entire world of Tegami Bachi is quite depressing. Repressive government, eternal twilight/night, etc.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 8, 2009 11:28 PM

May 2008
I waited for Jiggy to show up and Nakai Kazuya did a great job. Still this is my favourite from this season.
Nov 8, 2009 11:39 PM

Sep 2009
Niche is still an awesome character. This was a sad episode though. I look forward to seeing more.
Nov 9, 2009 6:47 AM

May 2008
that was great i enjoyed it alot

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 9, 2009 8:02 AM
Feb 2009
Selkaine said:
lol good comedy relief after seeing such emotional ep.

next ep seems interesting, with that boy n his panther dingo
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 9, 2009 11:02 AM
Jan 2008
Nice ep, Jiggy Pepper is badass(his voice) and awesome. Hope to see him more.
Nov 9, 2009 11:59 AM

May 2008
I'll no longer be suprised if i se a small noy inside a church, firing a gun and shouring "Red Needle!"

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 9, 2009 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
-Risa- said:
Selkaine said:

+10, both of you XD
And to think I came here to comment on the episode.
(btw, that was Mayora 13 as Jiggy xD YUSS)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 9, 2009 4:47 PM

Dec 2008
great ep ^^
Lag and Niche r both so adorable! ahaha! XDD
cant wait for the next ep~ :D
especially cuz of who we r gonna meet~ ;3
Nov 10, 2009 3:24 AM

Sep 2009
So we will get to see lag goin through exams for being a letter bee in the next ep...so most probably when he becomes a letter bee then only we might get to see gauche :(
Jiggy pepper , lolyd , gate keeper dude ( damn what was the name again) hmmmm quiet a good compensation for the gauche abstinence...^__^
Oh god the kid suffering was sad..., but love the feeling of what this show leaves after each episode....
Nov 10, 2009 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
I say it's time for one of these again : >
He still was a she ٩๏_๏)۶
And Niche ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Then Lag ¯\(°_o)/¯
And Niche+Steak ◕ ◡ ◕
Lot's of crying ┐(-。ー')┌
Stop shooting already ಠ_ಠ
Jiggy ( ̄ー ̄)
More Steak (◔ ◡ ◔)
Preview seems cool ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
A little too much cryinng, I understand it though ┐(’~`;)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 10, 2009 4:18 AM
Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:

Watching Kimi ni Todoke AND Tegami Bachi in the same season is teary. T_T
Nov 10, 2009 5:09 AM

Jul 2009
Annisa said:
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:

Well Nyan Koi!, Seitokai no Ichizon and Sora no Otoshimono make a good remedy ^^v
Nov 10, 2009 5:32 AM

Jan 2009
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:

Well Nyan Koi!, Seitokai no Ichizon and Sora no Otoshimono make a good remedy ^^v

Indeed, great remedy (hey wait, I'm not watching Kimi ni Todoke anyway, so I get an overload of lol)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 10, 2009 5:38 AM

Nov 2008
Loved the badass Niche xP
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 10, 2009 9:07 PM
Oct 2007
Oosran said:
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:
Laevantein said:
Annisa said:

Indeed, great remedy (hey wait, I'm not watching Kimi ni Todoke anyway, so I get an overload of lol)

LOL. Oh, yes, that's right. I'm watching all FIVE of those. That makes a perfect balance eh? =3
Nov 10, 2009 10:23 PM

May 2008
Man, every time I see Lag with that red eye, I keep thinking he looks like a chibi version of Allen Walker.

Also Jiggy's voice fits him REALLY well.
StarPebblitNov 10, 2009 10:27 PM

Nov 11, 2009 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
KayChan4U said:
Man, every time I see Lag with that red eye, I keep thinking he looks like a chibi version of Allen Walker.

Hey you're right : o
I thought he kinda looked like someone, but I just couldn't place it, but now that you've mentioned it, a smaller Allen Walker, sure looks like him xD
Nov 11, 2009 8:39 AM

Mar 2009
This anime is awesome every episode so far has been really touching but entertaining to and funny sometimes.

Nov 12, 2009 9:23 AM

Oct 2007
-Risa- said:
Selkaine said:

You both are the awesome of this thread, and Niche and Steak are the awesome of the show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 12, 2009 11:14 AM

May 2007
So that Jiggy Pepper guy has enough money to build a godefing cathedral, but lets his lil siblings live on the street?! Talking about messed up priorities.
Nov 12, 2009 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
inugami said:
So that Jiggy Pepper guy has enough money to build a godefing cathedral, but lets his lil siblings live on the street?! Talking about messed up priorities.

Well actually, he paid everything he had for just the bell, but he's also indepted for the rest of his life, which would mean he didn't actually have enough money to do anything that'd be worth it for Nello and Nelli
Nov 12, 2009 12:39 PM

May 2009
Good episode. Lag really cries a lot and Niche was cute protecting him. :P
Looking forward to seeing what will happen next.
Nov 12, 2009 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
Well Jiggy certainly turned out to be more than what he appeared to be. And wow, Niche certainly is protective with Lag in such an early time.
Nov 13, 2009 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
Another awesome episode!!! This show is becoming a fav!!! Lag and Niche may be one of the best duos in anime!!! Lag balling after Nello memory "pictures" was FTW!!! When Steak snatch the "lizard' tail out of the air, I LULZ!!! I knew Jiggy was gonna be a good person, but I didn't expect him to be the dude on the motorcycle. Next it looks like they finally get to the "Bee-Hive", can't wait to see the exam. Needs Moar Gauche!!! He needs to make an appearance soon!!! Love this show...Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 13, 2009 9:27 PM

Apr 2009
Steak <3
The "good" important people do love to wander around and meet people when the other has no clue who they are... ^_^;
Nov 13, 2009 9:38 PM

Dec 2007
That was sad episode, indeed. Niche is awesome character as always.
Nov 14, 2009 2:17 AM

Jul 2008
Kinda funny how philosophers names turn up in this show. First Nietzsche(although the japanese people mean "Nische", and just pronounce it the wrong way.) and now Camus, the gatekeeper...^^
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Nov 19, 2009 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
Jiggy has such a cool name !
Nov 30, 2009 9:40 PM

May 2007
So much crying, they were right when they called him crybaby boy. Wish they would go back here once we get to know Jiggy
My anime list
Apr 5, 2010 5:34 AM

Jan 2010
Lag really is a crybaby! x'D
I wonder how this show will handle the really SAD moments, since they're already shedding so many tears. x'D

Anyway, looking forward to meeting new characters and everything. Jiggy looks cool. I still love the artstyle. I liked the lizard thingy better than the gaichuu! x'D

AND I WANT TO SEE GAUCHE.
Apr 9, 2010 6:12 AM
Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
"I hate you. The next time you touch Lag, I'll kill you."
That should sound threatening but all I'm thinking is "Niche is love!"

I thought the same ^^

But, I want Lag to take this exam already ^^ because I want to know what happen with Gauche ;)
Mar 30, 2011 2:18 AM

Jan 2011
Talking about loyalty.

Lag, your Red Needle hit my heart. Oow, you're supposed to be the cool guy.
This is what make Tegami Bachi good. The story is not too hurry
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 23, 2011 12:39 PM

Apr 2011
Jiggy Pepper! <3 And his voice... I think I like him.
Lag, I thnik Niche love you... (poor Lag ;<) And... I hate Niche. =.=
Aug 26, 2012 4:48 AM

Aug 2010
i like how everyone has a unique eye but some of them look creepy XD...
the Gatekeeper is really cool hop we get to see him more.....
this anime looks really good but i'm really disappointed for the lack of Gauche i thought he was teh main character >.>...
Jan 21, 2015 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
I wonder if there's any damage in the church because of him shooting his red needle thing everywhere =P Doesn't seem like it, but...
Dec 25, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
I had to rewatch the scene where Lag revealed Nello's true reasons for writing the letter. On a second watch, it was undeniably sweet, the way both siblings wanted the same thing, to take care of each other. I also liked that when Nelli parted with Lag and his friends, she pledged to get the money for the stamps by herself. I think it's good that this series doesn't reserve the coolness points for the protagonist.

Niche continues to be real sharp! And Lag shoots pew pew arrows from his finger.

While Jiggy is probably a pretty swell guy, there are definitely shenanigans going on. Lloyd and Signal know each other, and Lloyd continued to weird me out. Also, there might be some shady reasons why Niche is wanted so much. Maybe some people want to use her as a weapon or something, that's the simplest answer.

So far I'm entertained by this series, and even the drama works on me most of the time. However, if it can't deliver on the world-building angle, and properly explore the setting, I'll be pretty dismayed.

Hmm. He could have at least sent a letter or something to let Nelli know that he's doing something important with his money. Or properly say goodbye to Nelli. But it's also possible that he really did have selfish reasons for leaving and it was only later that he wanted to make amends somehow.
LeeTailorDec 25, 2016 3:03 PM
Dec 22, 2018 7:04 PM

Dec 2015
Well i'm actually surprised on how good is this finally a worthy anime
Jan 28, 2019 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
The English names in this anime... I can't... XD
Love Someone Down, Jiggy Pepper... not to say it takes anything away from this anime but seriously... lol.
Jun 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2017
As I expected, Jiggy always cared about Nelli and Nello. But everything could be avoided if they had talked normally.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2022 7:32 PM
Oct 2022
This anime is getting better and better, this is only the 6th episode, but I'm already enjoying it more than most anime. The episode was good and emotional. Our main characters are still good and interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 18 Discussion

good-time - Feb 6, 2010

25 by Nichi-Ni »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 16 Discussion

Nakei - Jan 23, 2010

37 by UnoVerzum »»
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2009

80 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 17, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

81 by lovely2001 »»
Oct 30, 2022 12:03 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2010

31 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 3, 2021 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.