Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 10:39 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fillers.

http://www.animebullet.com/letter-bee-episode-16
Jan 23, 2010 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
This episode reminds me of that one Shakespearean-like story...where this guy paid/asked this poet to write poems for him to tell to this girl he liked outside her window at night. It turned out that the poet was the one who was in love with her and she found out.

I learned it from watching Wishbone in like the 5th grade lol

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Jan 23, 2010 8:20 PM

Sep 2009
Fillers or not, I enjoyed it. This show will probably be long so I don't mind. I wonder when (if at all) lag is going to have his own relationship.
Jan 23, 2010 8:51 PM
Oct 2007
saxophone15 said:
Fillers or not, I enjoyed it. This show will probably be long so I don't mind. I wonder when (if at all) lag is going to have his own relationship.

Agreed. I also thought about Lag and his potential relationship(s) since most of the filler (if they are indeed filler) episodes somehow all seem to be about love or loyalty.

The next one looks like it's the same as the special that was made a while back, "Light and Blue Night Fantasy". I wonder if they changed anything or if it will be exactly the same.
Jan 23, 2010 9:06 PM

Jul 2009
So when will they go back to the original plot?
This is a signature.
Jan 23, 2010 9:19 PM

May 2009
As far as recent filler episodes go, this was one of the better ones. The characters were enjoyable and the way the story unfolded nicely. And Lag didn't cry again.
Jan 23, 2010 10:11 PM

Dec 2008
Lag is too innocent to like anyone
Jan 23, 2010 10:25 PM

Aug 2009
Even though the last couple of episodes were pretty much fillers, I really enjoyed 'em.

I can't help but stare at Niche's facial expressions from time to time though. XD

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Jan 23, 2010 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Yep it's filler..
But i enjoyed this episode..
So much stand alone romance story..XD

I like the Ending Theme..anyone know who sing it and the title?
Jan 23, 2010 11:13 PM
Jun 2008
This episode,Niche are the real focus on the persuasion of Berusy."You are Machiruda's dingo,dont run away"
A very nice episode, <An episode that has no bad guy in the end is what i like BEST>
Jan 24, 2010 12:32 AM

Nov 2007
Are they going to end with too much fillers? I like the anime, but kind of tired when there's too much fillers.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 24, 2010 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
so lag yet again sticks his nose into a letter he shouldn't, but it all works out i guess
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 24, 2010 11:18 AM

Nov 2007
Joey did it all for Belushi's sake. That was a good ploy.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 24, 2010 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
This show actually makes fillers enjoyable.
So when are they going to find Gauche..or even go on the hunt for him...or are they ever going to show him???
Jan 24, 2010 3:55 PM

Apr 2007
Mini rant here;

Anyway I thought this episode was boring, kind of stopped paying attention near the end.

Linalee-Stratos said:
So when are they going to find Gauche..or even go on the hunt for him...or are they ever going to show him???
I doubt they're going to do much with Gauche in the anime. You're probably better off reading the manga if you want to find out what happens.
MonochromeJan 24, 2010 7:17 PM
Jan 25, 2010 1:38 AM

May 2008
At least this episode was better than the previous fillers and I quite enjoyed it.
Jan 25, 2010 1:52 AM

Apr 2009
For a filler, that was actually really enjoyable :)
Also, you can tell it's filler when Lag doesn't cry xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 25, 2010 8:00 AM

Jan 2010
It was fillers? I was too busy enjoying it to really care.

Its good to see an anime that does fillers well, unlike the more recent Bleach ones, they have all been horrible ='[

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Jan 25, 2010 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
Monochrome said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
I doubt they're going to do much with Gauche in the anime. You're probably better off reading the manga if you want to find out what happens.
So the whole anime is going to feature "Lag and his adventures" ?
Love Lag but want the show to be more focused on Gauche. Disappearance of Gauche and his whereabouts is what keeps me interested in the show.
If this show dissapoints ~ its just sad. Especially after knowing Kuroshitsuji wont come out this month its just more sad.
Jan 25, 2010 2:33 PM

Aug 2007
Lag is so adorable I just wanna hug him!

Anyhow, I also enjoy these fillers, they're very light and sweet.
And wasn't the next episode the same as the OVA they released before the anime?
Jan 26, 2010 2:58 AM
Feb 2009
ArcticMech said:
As far as recent filler episodes go, this was one of the better ones. The characters were enjoyable and the way the story unfolded nicely.
indeed, and
Cenedess said:
you can tell it's filler when Lag doesn't cry xD
LOL
oblivious is a bliss
Jan 28, 2010 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
there wasn't much niche exposure today. looks like next week we get to see a remake version of the special.
Feb 2, 2010 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
Death-Summoner said:
Lag is so adorable I just wanna hug him!

Anyhow, I also enjoy these fillers, they're very light and sweet.
And wasn't the next episode the same as the OVA they released before the anime?
Linalee-Stratos said:
Monochrome said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
So the whole anime is going to feature "Lag and his adventures" ?
Love Lag but want the show to be more focused on Gauche. Disappearance of Gauche and his whereabouts is what keeps me interested in the show.
If this show dissapoints ~ its just sad. Especially after knowing Kuroshitsuji wont come out this month its just more sad.
I'll have to agree on the part about sad. Not that I didn't like the episode. I actualy quite enjoyed it. I just want them to go back to the story soon. I really like both tho, just realy miss gauche T.T
Feb 4, 2010 9:07 AM

May 2007
You know I haven't read that far into the manga, and I don't relize these are fillers, which means Pierrot finally got a good filler writer.

Anyway for this episode, it was nice, yeah, but I feel really bad for Joey.
My anime list
Feb 8, 2010 11:13 PM

Jun 2008
So. Even thought this was a filler, I really enjoyed it. It had me going, "AWWW!" out loud at the end, and that's always good.

To be honest, the Letter Bee fillers don't bug me near as much as some other ones do (no, not Bleach). I do think that they should've waited a big longer to animate Tegami Bachi though. The manga just isn't long enough yet to really accomodate a series in the way that we want it (with no fillers).

That said, I'm still enjoying the series.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Feb 27, 2010 8:31 PM

Dec 2007
I think I enjoyed this filler, but it needs to go back to main story.
Mar 4, 2010 4:03 PM

Aug 2009
Selkaine said:
This episode reminds me of that one Shakespearean-like story...where this guy paid/asked this poet to write poems for him to tell to this girl he liked outside her window at night. It turned out that the poet was the one who was in love with her and she found out.

I learned it from watching Wishbone in like the 5th grade lol

Shakespeare is close...closer still is Edmond Rostand's play Cyrano de Bergerac ...only better because the right guy ends up with the girl.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Apr 18, 2010 12:18 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda getting sick of the fillers, can we get back on track and find Gauche please?
May 2, 2010 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
one of the best fillers I've seen so far 5/5
I enjoyed this ep a lot <3
Sep 6, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
This is a filler correct? Haha well than the writer for this episode totally ripped the page from the movie Hachi. I havent seen the movie but the trailer is nearly identical to the premise of a loyal dog waiting for their master to come back, but never do. Anyways just reminded me of that. But good filler nonetheless.
Sep 15, 2010 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
The writing on the letters look so much like Hylian.
Feb 13, 2012 6:56 PM
Jan 2011
a very Cyrano De Bergerac-Esque story. Its good to see that those two remained good friends after everything.
Aug 27, 2012 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
another boring episode....
at least the next one looks interesting.....
Jan 22, 2015 8:07 PM

Nov 2014
saxophone15 said:
Fillers or not, I enjoyed it. This show will probably be long so I don&#039;t mind. I wonder when (if at all) lag is going to have his own relationship.

I liked it too =3 And I dunno about Lag, but I'd probably ship him with Sylvette. ;-) They're adorable together!
Apr 18, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Definitely my favorite delivery yet, this scenario was just so cute and heartwarming. Glad that Joey wasn't a creep either, it made his role in it all the better.
Dec 27, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
I preferred this episode to the previous one. My only complaint is that Lag keeps butting into other people's business, and no one questions his actions. Sure, this hero complex, and the fact that he cares so much about random strangers is what makes him tick, and it's a cool trait to have in a character, even if it's not unique. It's that no one bats an eye that's the issue, and he himself doesn't really think about it either.

I guess there was that one episode a little while ago where another letter bee told him that the bee's job is just to deliver the letters without meddling, but he was framed as a jerk. Man, I don't know. I guess I just want a little more introspection on Lag's part, but at least he's not flawless. Anything is better than a Gary Stu.

Annisa said:
I also thought about Lag and his potential relationship(s) since most of the filler (if they are indeed filler) episodes somehow all seem to be about love or loyalty.

I had a feeling that there was a common theme, I'm glad someone knew how to phrase it.
LeeTailorDec 27, 2016 10:15 AM
Jun 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Aug 2017
The fillers has an obsession with romance for some reason. At least the rich guy wasn't an asshole this time lol. So when will they go back to the original plot?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 PM
Oct 2022
This part was very good, just like the others.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 18 Discussion

good-time - Feb 6, 2010

25 by Nichi-Ni »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 6 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 7, 2009

49 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 19, 2022 7:32 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2009

80 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 17, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

81 by lovely2001 »»
Oct 30, 2022 12:03 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2010

31 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 3, 2021 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.