Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 26, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
robis798 said:
Hm, I wonder if there will be emphasis on Kirito and Asuna's romance because it seems that they are not more than just some friends.

Pardon? I hope you are being sarcastic but they are couples.
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Oct 26, 2014 10:37 AM

Dec 2013
Michael5191 said:
robis798 said:
Hm, I wonder if there will be emphasis on Kirito and Asuna's romance because it seems that they are not more than just some friends.

I think I wrote this pretty normally. I know that they are boyfriend and girlfriend ( sorta ) but their relationship isn't emphasized enough. I only say that it looks like they are only friends.
Oct 26, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
robis798 said:
Michael5191 said:

I think I wrote this pretty normally. I know that they are boyfriend and girlfriend ( sorta ) but their relationship isn't emphasized enough. I only say that it looks like they are only friends.

Their relationship is never emphasized and that's the point. They are very shy about it when around others and there are other problems too that already were hinted at in Fairy Dance arc real life segments. The arc that will come after this miniarc, will give a bit of a context to that.
Oct 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
CookingPriest said:
robis798 said:

Their relationship is never emphasized and that's the point. They are very shy about it when around others and there are other problems too that already were hinted at in Fairy Dance arc real life segments. The arc that will come after this miniarc, will give a bit of a context to that.

Hm, the Fairy Dance arc was?..
Oct 26, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
robis798 said:
CookingPriest said:

ALO. Second half of S1, when Asuna was stuck in ALO.
Oct 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
Went from 403 from the start of the series to now 517 on the MAL rankings. Goes to show you the quality of this is dropping fast and isn't even as good as the first season.
Oct 26, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
CookingPriest said:
robis798 said:

So it's called Fairy Dance. Though I did not caught these hints, cause I marathoned it through.
Oct 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
Not to bad I suppose prob only one or 2 more until it's back to the ggo storyline
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Oct 26, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
robis798 said:
CookingPriest said:

So it's called Fairy Dance. Though I did not caught these hints, cause I marathoned it through.

Taking a shot in the dark here but it sounds like a family thing. Maybe the hints were about her family making her marry some guy even though she was still stuck in the game idk. Just sounds like it has something to do with her family and hopefully it is explained in MR. Since that is kinda about her life and past right ?
Oct 26, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
Bomb2chest said:
robis798 said:

Taking a shot in the dark here but it sounds like a family thing. Maybe the hints were about her family making her marry some guy even though she was still stuck in the game idk. Just sounds like it has something to do with her family and hopefully it is explained in MR. Since that is kinda about her life and past right ?

Yeah it is explained.
Asuna is like a modern age noble raised in an aristocrat family that forgot it's own roots. It's not that Asuna couldn't chose the person she wants to marry but SAO survivor are seen as misfit in this society and for Asuna to go out with a misfit is not tolerated. That's why even though they have pledged their love to each other they have to maintain a certain distance, at least in the real world.
Oct 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Shangetsu said:
Bomb2chest said:

Yeah it is explained.
Asuna is like a modern age noble raised in an aristocrat family that forgot it's own roots. It's not that Asuna couldn't chose the person she wants to marry but SAO survivor are seen as misfit in this society and for Asuna to go out with a misfit is not tolerated. That's why even though they have pledged their love to each other they have to maintain a certain distance, at least in the real world.

Basically her family is high class. They want her to marry someone high class or rich same thing I suppose. Her father or mom must really take this seriously lol.
Bomb2chestOct 26, 2014 1:32 PM
Oct 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
Much better than the boring episode from last week.
Oct 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
Kirito puta.
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Oct 26, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
For this to be a trap...seems unlikely right now. She joined the party and buffed them. And Thrym and her weren't exactly on friendly terms. I don't think we ever saw someone hiding his name and other things even from his own party, so for her to not be who see is supposed to be..

Thrym also doesn't look like he needs traps. And the fight already started. Would be a rather elaborate trap in an autogenerated quest.

On the other hand, Urd didn't mention anything along the lines...

Anyways, Kirito is already cheating, so it would only be fair for it to be trap ;)
Oct 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
It's not a trap.

Oct 26, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
More and more action for this arc. :)
The story is very good, back to the fights in Alfheim (the world of fairy)... Oh Yeah! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 26, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2012
kleins part made me glad but as always, kirito is over-glorified and asuna is a useless waifu, glad she actually did something though.
kleins sword swing on the monster compared to everyone elses though, theres a giant difference in animation quality. ugh.

really annoyed at kirito.
Oct 26, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
This episode actually had action in it?
Oh my god! One of the greatest SAO episodes ever.
This isn't sarcasm, by the way. I actually really enjoyed this episode.

Also that song at the beginning of the episode! Oh my god it's so beautiful. If the song has already been released and you guys know the name of the song, please inform me!
SexySantaOct 26, 2014 6:55 PM
Oct 26, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
Always fun to see norse mythology haha I think if it weren't so entertaining I'd be sick of it by now ((Ulduar alone was enough...funny that another "mmo" has the same idea)). Really the world as a whole is pretty interesting with the cardinal system. Would like to see an mmo that used the same kind of concept. Comparatively the action is pretty subpar I thought...just felt like an excuse to show Kirito doing things that no one else can and generally being #1 in every department.
Oct 26, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode. It seemed like they just blasted through that dungeon like it wasn't even a challenge. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 26, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode.
Glad we got SAO-atmosphere back.
Oct 26, 2014 8:35 PM
Oct 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Basically her family is high class. They want her to marry someone high class or rich same thing I suppose. Her father or mom must really take this seriously lol.

Her mother's family is high class, her father's family was merely successful in business. So basically Asuna's mother married beneath her because her family needed the money. Her father valued Asuna as a business asset, but that fell apart when he lost his business, so her mother is a bit resentful because she sacrificed herself for, from her family's viewpoint, nothing.

Nobility always thinks its "beneath them" to marry for money. If you want to see a great scene that captures this essence, I would suggest the dinner scene from the Aviator. Of course this "pretense" on the part of the "nobility" is only pretense, in actuality the highest noble is less than a drop of pond scum (nothing more pathetic than one thinking they accomplished something merely because they were lucky enough to win a birth lottery).

I am hopeful that this will be captured in MR, but I doubt it will. Asuna's hesitancy is only because she wants to be a good daughter to her parents, it doesn't reflect any doubt on her part. This is what makes her a better character than she has, to date, been portrayed as.
Oct 26, 2014 9:16 PM

May 2014
Good episode. Good fight. Good Klein. Bring on the boss battle!
Oct 26, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
Well my own curiosity in regards to discussions of KiritoxAsuna being underdeveloped had spurred me on to finally pick up the LNs. But anyway what I want to say with just finishing up to the "Fairy Dance" arc, having read the author's afterword and seeing some of the comments here for the past two episodes, I can't help but feel bad for him. Just thought I will share it here, there isn't any spoilers ahead so no worries.

Kawahara said:
When I wrote the first volume of SAO, I found out that a RPG novel can't work without some kind of setting. Because, no matter how much of a life or death pinch the hero has in the game, the hero in the real world is not hurt the least. Since that is «just a game», you can «reset it to end», to remove these two options, the first volume was a Death Game, that is dying in game means death in a real kind of setting.

But, always inside me, there's the question 'does it really have to be like that'. If a RPG novel can't be made without this kind of setting, then that would mean my feelings of excitement and passion as a MMO player would be fake. Making a party with friends, stepping gingerly into a dungeon for the first time, the joy from that, I want to see if I can make a story out of it. This is a huge theme in these two volumes of "Fairy Dance".

How well I accomplish it... if you who finished reading the last page thinks 'I want to try a MMO' then you would have understood (laugh).
Oct 26, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
Takuan_Soho said:

Her mother's family is high class, her father's family was merely successful in business.

That is wrong.
Asuna's mother come from a middle class family. She married into the Yuuki family who was much more wealthy than her own family.
Oct 26, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2007
Shangetsu said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Her mother's family is high class, her father's family was merely successful in business.

That is wrong.
Asuna's mother come from a middle class family. She married into the Yuuki family who was much more wealthy than her own family.

Wealth =/=nobility.

Mother side had the staus. Father side had the money.
Oct 27, 2014 12:29 AM

Oct 2011
Damn that Minotaur and his Physical Resistance.

While the Black Minotaur had Magic Resistance?

Had goosebumps the entire fight

Freiya the trap OMG

Whoa she maxed their HP!!! Was hoping she could max their MP.

Fate of ALO is in the hand of Kirito and others next week.
Oct 27, 2014 3:14 AM

Mar 2008
This episode wasn't much better than the last, but next week promises one short fight of interest at the very least.
Oct 27, 2014 3:21 AM

Jul 2012
So this arc will be based off of Norse mythology, I love it.

Ragnarok was a dangerous event in Norse mythology the gang better be careful.

Great episode!!!
Oct 27, 2014 4:47 AM

Oct 2013
Actually, I had so much more fun watching the last episodes. Ways more than during the whole last arc. Glad to see some more action szenes. And the MMORPG-atmosphere is back aswell.
My only regret is having regrets!
Oct 27, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Shangetsu said:

That is wrong.

Wealth =/=nobility.

Mother side had the staus. Father side had the money.

Uuuuh IIRC her parents were certainly not that well off. Middle-class tops.
Oct 27, 2014 5:21 AM

Jun 2008
That was cringe worthy. Kirito going around with his little harem.
Oct 27, 2014 6:22 AM

Jun 2014
after the amazing GGO Arc we get this craps, fucking bullshit
Oct 27, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2010
Nakama power !!!!!!!
the action was dope.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 27, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
ONIICHAN

ONIICHAN

ONIICHAN

ONIICHAN

ONIICHAN

ONIICHAN

Prefer the Oniisama in mahouka :v
Oct 27, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2014
Qans said:
This is retarded. Am i supposed to care if a game map is destroyed? ITS A G A M E fuck outta here with that shit. This anime is going down the drain please no season 3. And CookingPriest and others out here in another thread telling me how great this half will be.. Lmao

Actually this one is just people playing games, and to show that Cardinal is OP
They care about losing the map cause they play a lot and some of them (like Kirito) like that world more than IRL
Sugu is worried cause she got a lot of stuff hard to get
Sinon
Well
She was like meh if you look
Oct 27, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
TheDeedsOfMen said:
So let me get this straight. This is an MMO where:

- the game may arbitrarily decide to have its map implode
- there are no real backups of the game world
- the staff hasn't bothered to check the system thoroughly enough to realize this possibility
- the GMs aren't always on call, even though this game uses the same software as the infamous SAO

I can picture it now.
"Hey, something strange is going on. I'm trapped inside the game and can't log out."
"It is currently outside support hours. Please send your query during regular support hours."

And, yes, I know that they don't understand how it works because didn't build it from a scratch. But here's the thing: if you don't understand how it works, don't use it! Especially if it's software from an infamous death trap known to be full of surprises.

To begin with, there's no way this would realistically be legal after the SAO incident. Safer hardware or not, the following mass hysteria would have had it banned for years, if not decades. But that's more of a side note, I guess.

For doing that Cardinal requires Nervegear not Amusphere
PD
As long as something sells good and has corrected its mistakes it can remain legal, and you just can´t stop technological development cause it may be used to fuck up someone´s life, if that was the case there wouldn´t be nuclear energy, gun powder and they wouldn´t sell us fertilizer and cars, they just held tight the legislation on that (that means nothing more powerful than Amusphere for massive sells) cause they are researching on that and a good way to get cash for more VR investment was to let Amusphere to keep existing cause you know, VR can be used for a lot of stuff, even for breeding your own set of AIs...
RolanddeschainOct 27, 2014 9:08 AM
Oct 27, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 2012
Segneal said:
after the amazing GGO Arc we get this craps, fucking bullshit
Oct 27, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2013
I think that "green girl" is bad news. Kinda looks like it. They're gonna have a tough battle. Three health bars are a little difficult to overcome. They should get Excalibur any time soon. Not much excitement happened.
Oct 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Love this episode,
fights end a little fast but look great,
Kirito back to the 2 swords skills again,
Klein and Freyja - dont blame him its is the bushido way,
nice team work.........
Oct 27, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
not gonna lie, that was better than every episode so far
Oct 27, 2014 1:33 PM
Oct 2014
Good episode all in all, however, I feel like they beat the 2nd minotaur way to easily. It took them several minutes to take down the yellow one and during all that the black one is just sitting there like a badass.

Then they beat the yellow one and the black one gets insta killed...
Oct 27, 2014 5:19 PM
Apr 2014
Kassaapparat said:
Good episode all in all, however, I feel like they beat the 2nd minotaur way to easily. It took them several minutes to take down the yellow one and during all that the black one is just sitting there like a badass.

Then they beat the yellow one and the black one gets insta killed...

Ehm, did you read the subs? The yellow one is resistent to physical attacks and the party severly lacks magical damage, while the black one is resistent to magical attacks -> physical attacks hurt him bad.
Oct 27, 2014 10:58 PM

Feb 2013
someone give these kids 3d maneuver gear...and remember to aim for the nape XD
<-click
Oct 28, 2014 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
Fight scene at the beginning was pretty good. And Klein, i can relate.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 28, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2012
Well, that was a fun episode. :3
Some boss looking monster fights, I expected like some fights with a ton of monsters instead of just one boss type monster at a time, but whatever. The fighting scenes were still pretty cool. :3

That hot and beautiful Elf chick, the big ass looking boss monster that can talk, oh boy....what's gonna happen next episode? :3
Oct 28, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
A big problem I have with this series in general is all the forced tension caused by all these empty stakes.

Everything is either life threatening or world threatening but everytime Kirito-kun manages to save the day, thus rendering all of the tension moot. There's only so many times the show can say "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SERIOUS" without actually having anything serious happen. We all know Kirito-kun is going to save the girl/world so it just feels cheesy when the show tries to pretend there's real danger.
Oct 29, 2014 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
SimmianPrime said:
A big problem I have with this series in general is all the forced tension caused by all these empty stakes.

Everything is either life threatening or world threatening but everytime Kirito-kun manages to save the day, thus rendering all of the tension moot. There's only so many times the show can say "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SERIOUS" without actually having anything serious happen. We all know Kirito-kun is going to save the girl/world so it just feels cheesy when the show tries to pretend there's real danger.

We all know every protagonist in every single narrative fiction will succeed at his goals and not die till the very end at least. What's the point in watching/reading anything?
Oct 29, 2014 12:39 AM

Oct 2010
CookingPriest said:
We all know every protagonist in every single narrative fiction will succeed at his goals and not die till the very end at least. What's the point in watching/reading anything?

Them succeeding isn't the problem I have, it's the way the series goes about attempting to make it suspenseful. Other series (at least good ones) don't act like every single thing is life or death/world ending and then never deliver on any of the consequences.

This series tries waaaaaay too hard to make us think it's the end of the world, when we all know it's not.
Oct 29, 2014 12:57 AM

Jul 2013
Klein was pretty awesome in here and gets Freyja close to him even though everyone think she is a fake XD. Man the action in the first half was amazing and colorful tbh. Damn a big giant is coming, why did it have to end it there.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.