Forum Settings
Forums

Does your BF/GF have same interest (anime) like you?

New
Does your BF/GF like to watch anime?
Of course!
52.3%
Nah, keep it to myself :)
47.7%
65 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 3, 2009 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
Neverender said:
Vagabond said:
Neverender said:
I assure you my comment was genuine.
Are you feeling alright?
Of course. I'm always feeling alright. In fact, I'm always feeling better than alright! Why do you ask?
Oh, no reason. None at all. I'm just going to head on over yonder for now. What? Am I trying to distance myself from you? That's absurd! I don't think you're losing your marbles or anything. No, of course not. I just had to go take care of... something. You know, just the usual, run of the mill chore or two. Don't you worry about anything. I'm sure I'll be right back soon... real soon.
Nov 3, 2009 8:22 PM

Apr 2007
Aha... ha... hahahaha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2009 9:08 PM

Dec 2007
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:
Why bring up Canada to the discussion, arent there some states can allow such things as well? :P

I think he meant because the person who he quoted was from Canada, thats why it was brought up.
You win the prize.

#NBHNC
Nov 3, 2009 9:15 PM

Aug 2008
Ex girlfriend was slightly interested in it, but it waned by the time we broke up, and my ex boyfriend was somewhat interested to, and it was dying by the time we broke up. ... Hm. I'm starting to realize there is a pattern there.
Nov 3, 2009 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
GeorgeMoshington said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:
Why bring up Canada to the discussion, arent there some states can allow such things as well? :P

I think he meant because the person who he quoted was from Canada, thats why it was brought up.
You win the prize.

We have prizes now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Nov 3, 2009 9:41 PM
Apr 2009
GeorgeMoshington said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:

You win the prize.

You'll have to mail my prize to Canada.
Nov 3, 2009 11:01 PM
Apr 2008
My gf tolerates it. I tried to get her into it awhile back and it didn't take. We have other interests to bond over.
Nov 3, 2009 11:02 PM

Apr 2007
RubyRedRabbit said:
GeorgeMoshington said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:

You win the prize.

I'm afraid that mailing this kind of prize would prove to be fairly difficult.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
Last boyfriend was not ok with it AT ALL! He pretty much banned me from all anime (he included zim and spongebob in this category) because it made me a 'loser'. Although I had to sit and watch every god damn soccer game that ever came on TV. Fuck soccer. In the end he wasn't a very nice guy so I packed my shit, hid all his favourite posters and put up a Cowboy Bebop one. Also put a pin on the soccer channels before I left. ^_^ Now I get to watch all the anime I want and he is so anti-technology he probably still can't work out how to get the channels back on.
Nov 4, 2009 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
I don't have a boyfriend..I don't see many that will ever actually be interested..I like being single though..
Nov 4, 2009 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
What in the world is a boyfriend/girlfriend.
Nov 4, 2009 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
I don't have one now, but none of them were interested in anything I was. It's no surprise that the relationships were lucky to last a month.
Nov 4, 2009 2:00 AM

May 2008
Yes. We watch anime together sometimes. Lovely~

We also share a few other interests, but I can't think of any right now. :z
Nov 4, 2009 2:17 AM

Oct 2007
I was the anime nerd of the group.
I was used to being the only person out of everyone I knew in RL who knew what anime was. Then I went to college and met my boyfriend who loved Dragonball Z. I introduced him to other anime and we gradually got our whole circle of friends into it.
Before I left to study in Japan we used to watch anime together all the time and we cosplayed and stuff. He was Android 17, I was Android 18 - yay twincest lol.
His anime list may not be as big as mine, but it nearly is.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 4, 2009 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
Indirect_Purple said:
I'm some American's girlfriend fiance in Canada, living in Vancouver. Name isn't Alberta.

He likes some anime, yeah.

I'm some American's girlfriend fiance wife in Canada, living in Vancouver Ontario. My name isn't Alberta either. :O

This stuff is shockingly common!

skys0ng said:
Last boyfriend was not ok with it AT ALL! He pretty much banned me from all anime (he included zim and spongebob in this category) because it made me a 'loser'. Although I had to sit and watch every god damn soccer game that ever came on TV. Fuck soccer. In the end he wasn't a very nice guy so I packed my shit, hid all his favourite posters and put up a Cowboy Bebop one. Also put a pin on the soccer channels before I left. ^_^ Now I get to watch all the anime I want and he is so anti-technology he probably still can't work out how to get the channels back on.

So spiteful

I love it.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 4, 2009 9:59 AM

Oct 2009
StrangeBlackCat said:
What in the world is a boyfriend/girlfriend.

I don't know.. never heard of that species =O

Just kidding.. I'm single at the moment, but I've had two partners in the past and one of them liked anime^^ The other knew what it was but wasn't fond of it.
Nov 4, 2009 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
When my GF and I first got together she really wasn't too much into anime. Only stuff like pokemon and digimon and the like. Then in school all of my otaku friends and I would do inside anime jokes, mainly the don kanoji arm cross and laugh from Bleach, and my GF was sitting there going, "WTF?" So I explained to her what it was and I asked her if she wanted to watch a few episodes with me. Fast forward 3 years, she's watching a TON of anime and recommending me most of the stuff I watch now. XD
Nov 4, 2009 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Saitoe said:
my last ex broke up with me when she found my hentai on my external.

oh well.

Rofl XD sorry mate i just found it funny =p

my boyfriend got me into anime and we love watching it together =)
Nov 4, 2009 12:26 PM

Oct 2009
my fiance doesnt particularly like anime but he has no problem with me spending hours and hours watching it
Nov 4, 2009 12:33 PM
Sep 2009
I'm internet married, woo. We're both total anime geeks. Yay.

Nov 4, 2009 1:05 PM
Oct 2009
We like one or two shows in comman >>
I don't hide anything, I don't even think she cares.
Nov 4, 2009 1:06 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
I'm single as of now. But i wouldnt talk about anime to my GF unless she asked about it or started to talk to me about it. Not that i wouldnt tell her strait up if she did ask that i like and watch it. Its just a pass time to me. Its not an obsession.

But she'd have to be down with it. It wouldnt work out too well if she tryed to suppress it from me. :\
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Nov 4, 2009 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
I'm also currently single, but I had a boyfriend who really enjoyed watching anime (not as much as me though). He had kind of the same taste (although we had some heated discussions about some anime). But I would rather prefer someone that didn't remind me of my hikikomori life. I have many, many friends that watch anime (most of them are Asian) so I talk about it with them like all day. I want a break sometimes and a boyfriend that wants to do fun stuff with me that have nothing to do with anime I would appreciate it :3 Oh, but if he totally wants to ban anime out of my life I would break up with him though.
Nov 4, 2009 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
Neverender said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
GeorgeMoshington said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:

You win the prize.

Indeed, Space AIDS is very difficult to mail.

#NBHNC
Nov 4, 2009 4:46 PM
Apr 2009
GeorgeMoshington said:
Neverender said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
GeorgeMoshington said:
RubyRedRabbit said:
sirxazor said:

You win the prize.

Indeed, Space AIDS is very difficult to mail.

Hmmmm yes.
And even if you tried, I doubt it would make it through customs..
Nov 4, 2009 4:52 PM

Dec 2007
Why does OP suppose that we have GFs or BFs?

Because I don't have any of it, I have slaves, lovers and trap maids.

None of them likes anime as much as I do anyway, so conversation only derivates to that when I make an analogy to other form of media.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 5, 2009 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
closest thing I have to B/F is someone I occasionally have casual sex with. dunno if he likes anime or not. We keep things lusty for the most part anyway.
Nov 5, 2009 7:07 PM

Mar 2009
She likes Trigun a lot and has watched bits and pieces of other shows from adult swim but she doesn't go out of her way to watch full series like I do xP
Nov 5, 2009 9:17 PM

Oct 2009
I often make my boyfriend watch anime with me, because we like to share interests with each other. Anime isn't something he'd necessarily seek out, but he often enjoys the things I show him and we can happily watch it together ^_^
Nov 5, 2009 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
My boyfriend doesn't like anime at all.. he says that i am like a little child, but he didn't tell me not to watch so I can't say that i'm banned from them or something like that but i don't like it when i can't show him my drawings and stuff connected to anime...

Nov 5, 2009 11:41 PM

Apr 2007
He doesn't like anime all that much besides DBZ and Pokemon. :( Makes me sadface to the max.

Nov 5, 2009 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
ioana0sabi said:
My boyfriend doesn't like anime at all.. he says that i am like a little child, but he didn't tell me not to watch so I can't say that i'm banned from them or something like that but i don't like it when i can't show him my drawings and stuff connected to anime...

dump the douche
Nov 6, 2009 12:40 AM

Aug 2009
My ex used to love anime as much as I do. Her favorites were Samurai Champloo, Chrono Crusade and Chobits.

She liked video games too!

Fuck, I hate her now though. ):

And I hope to get another g/f that has some interest in anime or video games. Dx
Nov 6, 2009 5:36 AM

Jan 2008
My ex practically hated it at first, although she's opened up a bit now. Little late though...
Nov 6, 2009 9:10 AM

May 2009
my gf likes most of the same anime as i do which makes things great.
Nov 6, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2007
My husband loves anime and manga as much as I do.
Mar 23, 2010 12:13 AM
Dec 2007
She uses my list like a library. A few of my other friends do as well.

Except I have a rule to never watch anime with other people. I feel too exposed.
Mar 23, 2010 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
I like anime more than my GF. I guess I have a problem
Mar 23, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Yes, we share the passion of anime and manga xD
Mar 23, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
I met my girlfriend at an anime convention. So I would have to say there's a possibility.
Mar 23, 2010 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
I don't have a boyfriend. But, the last guy I dated mocked me for liking it. Hahaha.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 23, 2010 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
Yess she doess :)
I don't think I'd want it any other way.
Mar 23, 2010 8:06 PM

Jan 2010
Well not actually going out with anyone - girlfriends tend to juice the wallet.
(My ex was basically a money sponge if you know what I mean).

She disliked the fact I watched anime though I never actually talked about it with her.
Its just some days she'd text me or msg me on msn and I wouldn't reply cause I was watching animne LOL.

Mehs, she was a weirdo and dated her out of pity so it didn't really matter to me.
Did make me feel bad at times though.
Mar 24, 2010 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
I was so close to get in a relationship with someone who had those interests as me but i was shy as hell. Later in the future I found out she liked me and now I feel like an idiot /:
Mar 24, 2010 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
My boyfriend doesn't really watch anime...but he doesn't make fun of me or say I'm weird for liking it. He really likes Dragon Ball Z though, I sent him all of Elfen Lied and said "First episode, boobs and blood, watch it" he never did because he probably forgot but yeah.

I don't hide it from him, he knows I like anime as much as I do. But I don't tell him "OHMYGAWZ EPISODE 15 OF BLEACH, 4 MINUTES IN, OHMYGAWZ"

*two minutes later* "OHMYGAWZ ICHIGO IS PISSED OFF NOW, SOMEONE GONNA DIE"

*end episode* "I'M SINGING ALONG TO THE SONG, MANNN YAYZ"

I forgot what happened episode 15, just throwing out numbers lol
Mar 24, 2010 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
She likes Bleach and Inuyasha. That's pretty much as far as she's going to go though. It's okay I guess.
Don't press this
Mar 24, 2010 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
One of my exes liked it but that was before I did. And I don't hide it I just choose not to talk about it because none of my girlfriends since that have watched it so why talk about something they aren't interested in? Although I haven't had to deal with that in a while cause my last girlfriend was like a year ago
maholloMar 24, 2010 2:06 PM
Mar 24, 2010 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
She doesn't watch anime now, but I have yet to introduce it to her.
She doesn't like the idea of reading subs though, and I don't like the idea of english dubs.

Nyeh, we'll see when we sit down and watch a bit together.
Mar 24, 2010 7:22 PM

Feb 2010
ladyxzeus said:
Why does OP suppose that we have GFs or BFs?

Because I don't have any of it, I have slaves, lovers and trap maids.

...lol

My girlfriend loves anime. She especially likes FLCL and Letter Bee.
For now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.
Mar 24, 2010 9:12 PM
Mar 2010
Um, well to an extent yes. Like currently, she is playing battlefield bad company 2 right now online (we have been doing it all day) and she like some anime, i try to get her into anime more, but shes more interested in her girly shows, like army wives.. (sigh) the day she starts watching it on her own =/ lol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.