Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
kinda confused with the story, still this episode ok. waiting for the story to develops.
Oct 11, 2014 7:12 PM

Sep 2014
Ok episode thought the art/animation was bad very bad but not unwatchable also I have a theory at to who YUI really is I think that she is a test subject from the future and the main character forgot his name anyways he sent her back in time to save Kaori kinda easy to to see that tho this show is just so predictable.
Oct 11, 2014 7:54 PM
Oct 2012
whitehairkaneki said:
Ok episode thought the art/animation was bad very bad but not unwatchable also I have a theory at to who YUI really is I think that she is a test subject from the future and the main character forgot his name anyways he sent her back in time to save Kaori kinda easy to to see that tho this show is just so predictable.

Your theory is completely wrong.

And of course Yui is from the future, the animation has pretty much soft pitched this to you.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people take so much pride in stating something that the show makes so completely obvious.
Oct 11, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
babymilo91 said:
Maybe that scientist at the end is Sou and sent her to save Kaori.
That's what I was thinking too.

Lel Yui falling on the pavement XD
Shaniyaz said:
White-haired girl is revealed to be Yui, who is apparently amnesic, though I doubt it. It's more like she either came from the past or future and can't really adjust herself to the current settings.

That ghost looks so much like Yui. I wonder if she already died once. If so, that ghost is probably from the future.

Always knew that black box is some sort of supernatural medium. Yui figured out her reason to be here once she touched it. Interesting..

Not bad, thought the show continues to be vague. Hopefully, things will not get overcomplicated.

This..
Oct 11, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
The animation is horrible, and i didnt understand a shit. Lets give it 1 more episode before i drop it.
Oct 11, 2014 10:51 PM

Dec 2013
I don't get it. I don't get anything. WTF. This is just as confusing as the first one. Despite all the girls looking super hot and cute and all... it still is really stupid. This is starting to give me cancer, I'm not sure what to make of it.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 11, 2014 11:16 PM
Mar 2014
An ok episode. The ghost looked like Yui so my guess is that it's her. She touched the cube and seemed to know her reason for being there and "got her" personality back just by how her speech and face changed after that. It's like before she had no personalities but the cube changed that (maybe helped her recall memories or something).

The scene with the scientist is really interesting and plays a big role. I'm not yet sure if it's just Yui being sent to the past by Sou to save Kaori. It sounds too easy seeing as we're still early in the show but it's plausible and would explain the ending of episode one, Yui's memories' missing as well as a host of other things like her knowing Sou's name.

I missed the bowtie color thing and while it's true that the art and animation can be better, the story has given me enough information to keep me wanting to see what happens next episode.
Oct 11, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
That girl just keeps looking at that cube as if she's just waiting for someone to ask what it is.

On another note: this show is a load of shit so far.
Oct 12, 2014 2:24 AM

Jul 2012
Kondo-Isao said:
That girl just keeps looking at that cube as if she's just waiting for someone to ask what it is.

On another note: this show is a load of shit so far.

lol I somehow agree with this. They don't explain what that cube is but every single day she is holding that cube -.-
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 12, 2014 3:31 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode.
So, the numbers are simply days of the month.
AOTS for me.
Ramiel00 said:
DoctorWasabi said:
I don't mind the animation in this anime, Don't know why people are bitching about it, I've seen worse. But that ending tho, now I'm really curious to find out whats going on

I feel the same ... The animations are not great, but I've seen much more boring series in terms of plot... this intrigues me!

This this this!!!

Ps why this show has rating beyond 7?because of "bad" art (which is not that bad actually) ? You are mad or something people?
rsc-plOct 12, 2014 3:41 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 12, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2013
little more intersting this time i guess :0
still nothing that make u want to see more.....
Oct 12, 2014 5:12 AM

Jul 2013
What's up with that robotic acting? And somehow I get the feeling of a time travel story :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 12, 2014 5:21 AM

Dec 2011
Still did not get the explanation of Kaori on the accident and getting the time loop. I guess it has something to do with the title of the series after all... and that new girl, seems like he is an experiment of a scientist shown in the end, which I assume is Sou.

Steins;Gate like feel there. Oh my goodness. Still, they should have made it more cohesive and the art/animation is just degrading, worse than the first one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2014 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
Another trash episode.
1/10
Oct 12, 2014 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
Slushie said:
Is anyone else going to point out Yui's changing bow tie color?... Green orange green orange.. make up your mind x.x

I was going too, but I see you already have. Such a mistake is really ridiculous...
Oct 12, 2014 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
Im a bit surprised with the hate this is getting so far,the first two episodes haven't been great by any means, but they've been nice solid episodes that are keeping me wanting more :)
Oct 12, 2014 7:07 AM

Jun 2013
I like the show.
Yui is probably from the future and the ghost was her memory. the cube allows her to travel through time and I bet she's here to stop Kaori from dying.
Oct 12, 2014 8:08 AM

May 2012
12:51 what's with that cube

20:00 ohhhh

21:30 she regained her memories?

21:51 to change the past?

21:53 that's Sou right? poor guy

6.5/10 for this episode.
Tenmonbaka Sou turned into Hououin Sou.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 12, 2014 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
This is pretty bad in every possible way and boring as well.
Next drop candidate.
Oct 12, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2014
I have to say, out of all the animes that I am watching right now:

In terms of graphics, this is the worst.

But in terms of story, as of right now, its the best.
Oct 12, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
The animation isn't too great, but I think people are being too harsh on it. It looks dated, but it doesn't look terrible. Just imagine that the show is from 2004 and it won't seem as bad.
Oct 12, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
That derpy animation though...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 12, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
I....don't get this anime at all. D:
Oct 12, 2014 11:12 AM
Oct 2013
Time Travelling: The Animation. man, this has some potential. but it's still shit.
Oct 12, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
It gives me Steins Gate vibes but the focus on the slice of life is kind of a letdown. Probably the male scientist is Sou and the female in ep 1 is Airi cause we know she liked Sou and Yui is attached to her in this ep like a mother or smth. This ep kinda cooled me down and since no character stands out i think ill watch 1 or 2 more eps before drop.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Oct 12, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
I am thinking of dropping it. I will decide with the next episode o:
Oct 12, 2014 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Kondo-Isao said:

^ This. Why has nobody said anything? Asked anything?

This anime is one of the most conflicting for me this season. I want to know what the story is. I am legitimately interested; however, the episodes feel so slow and I can't figure out why. I get bored. I'm bored, but I want to know what happens.

This might be one of those shows that I watch if I have time each week/cut out and wait for the end of the season if school gets too busy.

Because, dammit, I still want to know even though it's meh LOL.
Oct 12, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, and I love all of these Steins;Gate references. I just finished that anime the other week. Fucking brilliant.

El Psy Congroo.
Oct 12, 2014 6:54 PM
Oct 2012
raito33 said:
Slushie said:
Is anyone else going to point out Yui's changing bow tie color?... Green orange green orange.. make up your mind x.x

I was going too, but I see you already have. Such a mistake is really ridiculous...

In a show about time traveling and time looping, why would anyone assume that it was a mistake?

Same with the "robotic" acting. Notice that the worse case of this happened was during the tie switching scene. That wasn't a coincidence, it drew attention to the fact that Yui's tie was changing color.

Same with the girl looking at the box. For us it seems excessive, but if the characters are going through a time loop, then each time she looks is the first time for the characters.

Now I have no idea if this show is going to be good or not, but the first two episodes have done an incredible job at creating a great time looping sequence. That so many people on this thread seem to miss this is a testament to how beautifully subtle this show is being.

Want another example? The time loop is to save Kaori, now what do you think happened when the box fell on her? The box was moving quite quickly, there was no way that the MC should have been able to reach Kaori in time before it fell, but someone changed what should have happened (and made the box far lighter than it was - notice that the open box was full of books, the sealed box was also likely books - who seals an empty box)? This was also another scene with "robotic" acting, which again suggests that the director wanted you to notice this scene.

Freely admitting that I have no idea what is going to happen (though I got a lot of theories), imagine the fun when one stops thinking that they are smarter than the writer/director, and instead uses one's imagination to make sense of such "mistakes". While a show may ultimately be disappointing, no one can every take your imagination away from you.
Takuan_SohoOct 12, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 12, 2014 8:29 PM
Mar 2014
Sou and Airi is the scientist, they create Yui to save Kaori, that is why she attached to Sou and Airi, to her the two of them is like her parents. Anyways, what with the black box?
Oct 12, 2014 9:02 PM
Oct 2012
DemonLordSatan69 said:
Sou and Airi is the scientist, they create Yui to save Kaori, that is why she attached to Sou and Airi, to her the two of them is like her parents. Anyways, what with the black box?

Most likely it is a quantum generator. What is happening isn't merely simple time travel (if it was then Yui would have been interjected without problems (or a ghost). But with Quantum theory she is very much like Schrondenger's Cat. No one knows what her impact is until they lift the lid (which is why boxes have figured so prominently in this series).
Oct 12, 2014 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa and Airi boobs comparison XD
and they all cute in maid uniform :3

I'm curious about that Cube
and that ghost is similar to Yui

This episode a little boring, but i still enjoy it.
hope the next eps is more interesting.

Oct 13, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Some clues are given about the history, but nothing deep, apparently the 'cube' of the President is the key of the issues
I'm liking this plot ..
Oct 13, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2013
She now knows her purpose of being there. I've got a hunch about that, but I still got my doubts up. Quite a boring episode in my opinion. The only thing that caught my attention was the boob grabs. Hehe.
Oct 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, this time, some details were different.

So the cube was Yui's focus, now I understand it. Still, I wonder why she gets translucent near the place where she appeared.

Jennifer is real mystery, I wonder if Kenny ever saw her in real.

OP and ED were really bad and Yui's voiceactress is doing some horrible work but otherwise I think it's ok.

And... in the end... is that MC in the future without Kaori? But why would he sent Yui back when she had nothing to do with it?
Edit: In the first ep, there was (probably dead?) Kaori in the green tank, in the second there was busty Yui in the blue one (I still don't know who was that short-haired woman near him - could be Airi with her braids cut). I wonder, is he trying to somehow send present Kaori's body alive back to the future?

Or, do they need to prevent her getting hurt her leg, therefore they need to stop those student fights, therefore they need to prevent her food gift of thanks to karate club during school festival, whatever happened there. There is also significance of that dropped coffee and of the food Shiori is doing every day. And remind me, why MC is living with them, does he have no own parents of his?
Mich666Oct 13, 2014 1:07 PM
Oct 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
We'll see what happens
Oct 13, 2014 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
I get it now. She won the future diary survival game in her world. Then after she became god she used her powers to play the game again and is now in the second world. She killed her second world self and now that second world Yui is roaming around as a ghost. Figured. The fuck. Out.

But seriously....what the actual fuck is happening?
Oct 13, 2014 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
it was meh and i don't understand the plot.
Oct 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Sep 2014
This episode felt like it flow much better than the first ep.

It definitely kept me from not dropping this.
Oct 14, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
I don't get the plot, characters are boring, don't like OP/ED and 3D effects.. I drop it.
Oct 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2012
The animation in this series is god awful. Struggling with this series but I will give it one more episode.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Oct 15, 2014 8:24 AM

Jun 2010
Loool seems like they wasted the entire budget on CG. this weeks episode looked like something from 05.

yeah I think they're trying to build suspense, but it isn't working, and how the F did the MC turn into a wimpy turd? he seemed bearable last week.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 15, 2014 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
At the very least this anime has an interesting plot. I do not really enjoy the art style of the anime, but it does not hinder the anime to much.

This episode feels like it laid out a lot of structure for the future of the anime and did so in a pleasant enough manor.
Oct 16, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2012
The OP is a absolute disaster jajaja.
Oct 16, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
I don't mind the animation in this anime, Don't know why people are bitching about it, I've seen worse. But that ending tho, now I'm really curious to find out whats going on

SakurasouBusters said:
Im a bit surprised with the hate this is getting so far,the first two episodes haven't been great by any means, but they've been nice solid episodes that are keeping me wanting more :)

Pretty much all that I wanted to say.
Oct 17, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
I'm really close to drop it, fortunately I spoiled myself the ending, this way I can tolerate a little more this show.
Oct 17, 2014 3:34 PM
Feb 2011
Looks like Studio Feel forgot to feed their starving Corean animators. Lol.
Oct 17, 2014 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man... what the heck is going on with the character design? It is horrible when the characters are far away from the screen.

Episode really reminded me of the quality for Magi S1.
Oct 18, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
The time travel and alternate timeline aspects are really interesting and are why I want to keep watching, but the rest of the show is so.. iffy. I'm confused while I'm watching but it's more frustrated and annoyed than wanting to find out more. The movement between scenes was a little jarring. There wasn't a smooth transition from scene to scene, just the /day swipe. I'll give it another episode before I drop it, maybe there will be a bit more explanation.

Nintendofan204 said:
The animation isn't too great, but I think people are being too harsh on it. It looks dated, but it doesn't look terrible. Just imagine that the show is from 2004 and it won't seem as bad.

...But it's not, it's from 2014.
Oct 18, 2014 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Episode that was to give a confirmation to the sensations given by the 1st episode, however it seems a bit off attention.
The decline in the drawings and animation is terrible, seems to see WUG! D:
Script and plot are interesting, but the narrative is a bit vague and slow.
Not bad the opening and the ending.
I will be patient, I await the next episodes to decide what to do.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.