Forum Settings
Forums

Lesser of Two Evils: Studio Pierrot or Toei Animation?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 5, 2015 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
CashMoney said:
bigivelfhq said:

If I'm disregarding different point of views as "bad taste" and "misconception" then I'm treating all point of views as "good taste" and "good understanding".
You want to say REGARDING, not DISREGARDING.
I'm regarding different point of views as "bad taste" and "misconceptions". You want to say the opposite. But no, I'm not putting it aside, I'm just disagreeing with you. Unlike you I didn't call you dumb for thinking what you think. Just that "in my opinion"(do I have really to put this?) I think you have bad taste in that point.

"most people think Toei animatino is bad, not good or average, so I don't know why you are acting like this."

- The majority of people you're talking is people in the internet, though.
- Those people got blind by short seasonal high budget titles, and gained a syndrome of "animation and art" criticism, just like the one that exists in video games. Everything that isn't mega expensive and hightech is bad(unless is their favorite anime Every bad animation and problems go right past their eyes).
- Those people don't watch basically no Toei animation titles, and forget or don't even know the other animes that they did see in the past and the movies that Toei made and makes.
As simple as that!

- Also those people love Death, because of the "sense of danger", and dark and edgy anime. Not saying those kind of animes are bad, but the obsession is in a level where they look at others animes, others that don't play by those rules and they complain about it and how it needs to be more "mature".
- Also those people run away of the anime that are labeled "kids" like it is the plague, because their anime is so "mature", when everything they liked in the past are in fact those titles. And then after that, they come complaining about how there is no Long running anime. When in fact there are in the dozens.
- Those people watch a ton of episodes of an anime and praise it like it is awesome, but than the last episodes are original content and than everything is ruined, all the anime is shit(Looking at you Toriko and Akame ga Kill(and I don't even like that much Akame, but is ridicule how there were so many fans and people praising it has the next big thing, and than so much hat for some few episodes, that weren't even that bad(or bad at all))).

Those people are everything but reliable!
And in the end because I'm not those people!
I am just curious if you dont like Akame that much why is it in your Favorite anime list?

In reality I should have already removed it, because I put there to be able to go faster to the news. Yep, was lazy like that, but given that you can only put 3 series in the favorites(It is 3 right?) I just gave up on the favorites of MAL. Thinking about it, I have so many titles to update in MAL :S
Though One Piece and Haikyuu!! are correct in my favorites :), I don't know how it didn't ended it other titles. XD
Also when I said I didn't enjoyed it that much I still liked it. I gave it only a 5, because I couldn't really make me give more to the story but I watched and enjoyed every week while it was airing. Even the original content at the end. And yep I read the manga way before the anime.
Feb 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2014
^^It's 5 favoriite anime actually.

OT: Toei is better in making movie but sucks when it comes to TV series, Pierrot is opposite, though, I never watch any Movies by Pierrot.
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
Now what are you waiting for?! Come join us at MAL Backstreet Residential!!
[/i][/b]
Feb 5, 2015 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
This isn't going anywhere.

1/ I don't know how you can even know what people outside of the internet think about animation. As evident by One Piece TV ratings and most of the high rated tv shows, animation quality is hardly the main concern.

The story and the all package(the composite of all multimedia) is always the main concern in any series.
But are you saying that out of those concerns for Sazae-san", "Chibi-Maruko-chan", "Doraemon", "Crayon Shin-chan", "Detective Conan", "One Piece", "Yokai-watch", "Precure", "Pokemon" animation quality is hardly the main concern?
Feb 5, 2015 4:33 PM

Sep 2014
Toei is not evil
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Feb 5, 2015 4:40 PM

Nov 2014
bigivelfhq said:
CashMoney said:
I am just curious if you dont like Akame that much why is it in your Favorite anime list?

In reality I should have already removed it, because I put there to be able to go faster to the news. Yep, was lazy like that, but given that you can only put 3 series in the favorites(It is 3 right?) I just gave up on the favorites of MAL. Thinking about it, I have so many titles to update in MAL :S
Though One Piece and Haikyuu!! are correct in my favorites :), I don't know how it didn't ended it other titles. XD
Also when I said I didn't enjoyed it that much I still liked it. I gave it only a 5, because I couldn't really make me give more to the story but I watched and enjoyed every week while it was airing. Even the original content at the end. And yep I read the manga way before the anime.
Its 5 favorites not 3
Feb 5, 2015 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
bigivelfhq said:
tsudecimo said:
This isn't going anywhere.

1/ I don't know how you can even know what people outside of the internet think about animation. As evident by One Piece TV ratings and most of the high rated tv shows, animation quality is hardly the main concern.

The story and the all package(the composite of all multimedia) is always the main concern in any series.
But are you saying that out of those concerns for Sazae-san", "Chibi-Maruko-chan", "Doraemon", "Crayon Shin-chan", "Detective Conan", "One Piece", "Yokai-watch", "Precure", "Pokemon" animation quality is hardly the main concern?

Yes. Aside from One Piece, I don't know why would anyone care for the animation, especially if most of the viewers are kids probably in (one piece, Pokemon, youkai watch) most of these aren't action show for it to matter.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) has good animation (day and night difference from one piece), but I never seen it pass the 5mill when it had a prime time slot.
tsudecimoFeb 5, 2015 5:17 PM
Feb 6, 2015 2:15 AM
Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
bigivelfhq said:

Yes. Aside from One Piece, I don't know why would anyone care for the animation, especially if most of the viewers are kids probably in (one piece, Pokemon, youkai watch) most of these aren't action show for it to matter.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) has good animation (day and night difference from one piece), but I never seen it pass the 5mill when it had a prime time slot.

5.0 i not five mill viwers is five percent of total viewers
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 6, 2015 3:21 AM

Dec 2014
The poster who started this thread must be Pierrot and Toei haters
I think that the both are capable and can stand out among others like Madhouse. Some people hear only judge a studio 's quality by 1 or 2 shit titles.
Feb 6, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
Toei
Feb 6, 2015 4:49 AM
Dec 2013
In terms of quality, Studio Pierrot is the lesser of two evils. Animation is great most of the time in the anime series they produce, and when animating an intense episode, the animation looks so astonishing, but you could tell they sacrifice the artwork and character movements in that same episode. A lot of people (including me) feel that episode 58 of Yu Yu Hakusho is the best episode of the entire series, because it just looks visually astounding. I think they avoid stills too (outside still shots of a crowd of people), which is a good thing. But when producing movies, they look like television movies.

Toei Animation anime series has average animation. Dragon Ball is the only anime I know of that they produced where it was ahead of its time, where the animation looked really good back then. All other anime produced by them just looks average. No matter how intense an episode is, the outcome is dull. They know how to stay consistent with animation though. But when it comes to movies, they excel at it.

In terms of anime adaptation, I think Studio Pierrot might be better. It's difficult to say. Toei Animation anime adaptations tend to be slow-paced most of the times, but don't have as much filler as Studio Pierrot anime series. But Yu Yu Hakusho was a complete adaptation, fast-paced with practically no filler, and they did a really good job with that. Naruto Shippuden, though, not only does it have a lot of filler, but it's also slow-paced (unlike Naruto part 1, which was fast-paced), but I think it's the only slow-paced anime series they produced. They both sometimes have filler characters in canon episodes. They both have produced anime that are incomplete adaptations (Slam Dunk and GTO). Toriko was a butchered adaptation of the source material, but Beelzebub is also a butchered adaptation too. So I think Studio Pierrot might be slightly better, because the anime they produced have good pacing (except Shippuden).

In terms of critical acclaim, Toei Animation's One Piece (along with 2 movies), Slam Dunk and Mononoke are all in the Top 100 on MAL. With Studio Pierrot, GTO and Kingdom 2nd season are in the Top 100 on MAL. So Toei is probably the lesser of two evils, but that's mostly because the source material was good. (Then again, GTO ranks higher than One Piece).

So overall, Studio Pierrot is the lesser of two evils.
wildhoodFeb 7, 2015 7:59 AM
Feb 6, 2015 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
Toei has been a good studio in the past, talking about 90s. Nowdays, their adaptations are almost shitty. Recent example is World Trigger, I don't even know what the director is doing.
Feb 6, 2015 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
FGAU1912 said:

Okay, mean not bigger than %5
Feb 6, 2015 7:17 AM

Jun 2013
Both studios are not top tier, but I'd choose pierrot.

Pierrot's animation isnt consistent but they deliver at crucial and important moments, while toei is just avarage passable animation.

If Toei stops aiming at younger audiences, then I think their shows would be better.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Feb 6, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
JumpinJC said:

Toriko was a butchered adaptation of the source material, but Beelzebub is also a butchered adaptation too. So I think Studio Pierrot might be slightly better, because the anime they produced have good pacing (except Shippuden).

Beelzebub is not from Studio Pierrot though! Beelzebub is from Pierrot+ that is a subsidiary of Studio Pierrot.
You might say that it means they are the same, but it doesn't. Pierrot+ is of Pierrot the same Production I.G is to Tatsunoko, and the same has Xebec and Wit Studio is to Production I.G.
Is also the same connection that Shogakukan(publisher of the magazine Weekly Shounen Sunday, where you can find the title Magi and Detective Conan) and Shueisha(publisher of the magazine Weekly Shounen Jump, where you can find the title One Piece and Assassination Classroom) have.
The companies are totally different entities and have different staff, but due to the central company, that they come of, they have a bigger connection than any other company in the business. Just that.

Toei and Pierrot subsidiaries have similar names to the main companies(Toei Animation Philippines and Pierrot+) but in the end is the same thing as any subsidiary. Though I don't believe Toei Philippines ever did an animation title alone, and is mainly used and assistance(even for other studios that aren't Toei animation).

Strange that you say that Toriko is butchered when it had 3 to 5 episodes of original content in the end, but you don't say nothing of GTO.
Feb 6, 2015 9:04 AM
Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

Okay, mean not bigger than %5

5.0 is 5%
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Feb 6, 2015 9:05 AM
Dec 2013
bigivelfhq said:
JumpinJC said:

Toriko was a butchered adaptation of the source material, but Beelzebub is also a butchered adaptation too. So I think Studio Pierrot might be slightly better, because the anime they produced have good pacing (except Shippuden).

Beelzebub is not from Studio Pierrot though! Beelzebub is from Pierrot+ that is a subsidiary of Studio Pierrot.
You might say that it means they are the same, but it doesn't. Pierrot+ is of Pierrot the same Production I.G is to Tatsunoko, and the same has Xebec and Wit Studio is to Production I.G.
Is also the same connection that Shogakukan(publisher of the magazine Weekly Shounen Sunday, where you can find the title Magi and Detective Conan) and Shueisha(publisher of the magazine Weekly Shounen Jump, where you can find the title One Piece and Assassination Classroom) have.
The companies are totally different entities and have different staff, but due to the central company, that they come of, they have a bigger connection than any other company in the business. Just that.

Toei and Pierrot subsidiaries have similar names to the main companies(Toei Animation Philippines and Pierrot+) but in the end is the same thing as any subsidiary. Though I don't believe Toei Philippines ever did an animation title alone, and is mainly used and assistance(even for other studios that aren't Toei animation).

Strange that you say that Toriko is butchered when it had 3 to 5 episodes of original content in the end, but you don't say nothing of GTO.

I'm just going by how MAL has it as: "Producers: Studio Pierrot, Dentsu, Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation, Pierrot Plus". And I assume that it's a butchered adaptation because I've seen people call it that. I've only ever seen the first episode. And yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka had a filler ending, and some filler episodes, but it still ranks in the Top 30 on MAL, so I assume it's a good anime and not a butchered adaptation. Toriko was heavily censored compared to the source material, which is the main reason why I hear it being called a bad adaptation.
Feb 6, 2015 9:11 AM
Mar 2011
the thing that irlks me people dont take industry as what it is it needs ot make money simple so toei should win every day of the week if any one has any sense

and of r the maost part they can tell more complate stories thanmost other studios
that is fact

i can name 5 compate stoies that toei have done in past 30 years can you name 5 that kyo ani have done in thr same amount of time

ie i mean everyhting i the whole source is in the anime ie thye dont milk it by having many 12 -26 ep seasons like every one elese does and thay make more money doing it

na hell there original shows make 100s of time the money og kyo ani or even the studio you mnetion here

Feb 6, 2015 9:13 AM

Feb 2013
FGAU1912 said:
the thing that irlks me people dont take industry as what it is it needs ot make money simple so toei should win every day of the week if any one has any sense

Yeah, let's forget things like "Animation" and :Effort". It's money they make that matters right???
Feb 6, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 2011
an d the fact is the GTO is week ocmpared to the lve action drama based on the same manga iv every way the drama did better hell the 1998 drama of GTO got run aravridge of 23.45

Feb 6, 2015 9:36 AM
Dec 2013
both suck ass
full of greedy and lazy shits
bad animation, filler, bad pacing they have it all
Feb 6, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
At least Toei is not getting themselves into the moe/harem business.
Edit: Not that of I know.

Love how people find excuse for Madhouse, with statement like "They had to take on a few generic catering shows like Mahouka, otherwise they will go bankrupt". So what if it's 10/10 animation?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 6, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
FGAU1912 said:
an d the fact is the GTO is week ocmpared to the lve action drama based on the same manga iv every way the drama did better hell the 1998 drama of GTO got run aravridge of 23.45

Don't all live action adaptation get higher ratings than their anime counterpart?

ToG25thBaam said:

They don't need to. It's not a matter of principle.
Feb 6, 2015 9:44 AM

Nov 2012
ToG25thBaam said:

Love how people find excuse for Madhouse, with statement like "They had to take on a few generic catering shows like Mahouka, otherwise they will go bankrupt". So what if it's 10/10 animation?

Isn't Pretty Cure moe?
Feb 6, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
SuperRed said:

Isn't Pretty Cure moe?
Not in the sense of what I had in mind. Isn't Precure for kids? I mean the ones aimed at teenagers, where people start claiming their waifus.
Feb 6, 2015 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
SuperRed said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Isn't Pretty Cure moe?

Precure is as moe has Sailor Moon. It is totally targeted at young girls, not adult males.
Feb 6, 2015 9:59 AM

Feb 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

Whether Mahouka is crap or not, the Animation is at the very least noticeable, and that's like the most basic thing an animation/studio should accomplish

Toei are just cheap on almost every front. so you can't even give them that benefit
Feb 6, 2015 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
Too much censure man
Feb 6, 2015 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
JumpinJC said:
bigivelfhq said:

I'm just going by how MAL has it as: "Producers: Studio Pierrot, Dentsu, Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation, Pierrot Plus". And I assume that it's a butchered adaptation because I've seen people call it that. I've only ever seen the first episode. And yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka had a filler ending, and some filler episodes, but it still ranks in the Top 30 on MAL, so I assume it's a good anime and not a butchered adaptation. Toriko was heavily censored compared to the source material, which is the main reason why I hear it being called a bad adaptation.

Given that Pierrot + is a subsidiary of Pierrot his possible that it had some kind of contribution, just like in Attack on Titan between Production I.G and Wit studio. Though I would still consider Pierrot+ as the animation studio of the anime.

Toriko just removed majority blood and detached limbs. That is hardly butchering. People that love the edgy and gore stuff(that now is a trend) thought that it would have it and got disappointed. Also they thought the title would get a lot more popular, so because it didn't got, they think that is the cause, when in fact is just the story. Other than that the anime follows exactly the anime, with the addition of a character, a reporter, that in fact improved the story.

GTO first episodes, the ones that I watched are butchered. Is the same thing that happened with Tokyo Ghoul. Super fast speed that make them remove a lot of stuff and reorganize a lot of stuff(even stuff that doesn't need it). Given that it only has a small number of episodes for the content of the source material, I believe that it has that pacing all throughout the anime. The reason the series is high rated is the same of Tokyo Ghoul, their source material is really good to begin with. That doesn't mean they aren't butchered though.
Note: GTO was the biggest title on its time. Even competing with One Piece. Probably a lot of times getting on top of it. And Pierrot was only able to do 43 episodes out of it.
bigivelfhqFeb 6, 2015 10:57 AM
Feb 6, 2015 10:39 AM
Mar 2011
Journey_95 said:
both suck ass
full of greedy and lazy shits
bad animation, filler, bad pacing they have it all

thhey have m there tekkl full stories of there sorces 99% of the time ie i call them beter sotry tellers tha ufotable and kyo ani who ahve to do 3 or ofur seasons to tell 1 fuul sorce ie not the way the sorce was told

Feb 6, 2015 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Neither are evil. Haters gonna hate.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 6, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
bigivelfhq said:
Pierrot lately has been speeding through stuff.

I think it really just depends on what you're referencing here when you say this. Akatsuki no Yona actually has a pretty slow pace, enough so that I almost wish it went faster.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii was pretty okay, too.
Feb 6, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
dream_eater1012 said:
bigivelfhq said:
Pierrot lately has been speeding through stuff.

I think it really just depends on what you're referencing here when you say this. Akatsuki no Yona actually has a pretty slow pace, enough so that I almost wish it went faster.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii was pretty okay, too.

I personally didn't watched/am watching those titles. So is good to hear!
Feb 6, 2015 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Pierrot adapting TG in 1 cour was not their fault. It what the publisher, production team wanted, to promote the manga. And in an interview, the author of the manga said, he wanted to have an original story made by him in the second cour.

Is what I read, dunno if it's rumors or actually true.
Feb 6, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 6, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
Toei! Toei! Toei!
Feb 6, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Feb 6, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Pierrot adapting TG in 1 cour was not their fault. It what the publisher, production team wanted, to promote the manga. And in an interview, the author of the manga said, he wanted to have an original story made by him in the second cour.

Technical stuff about a series is decided by the animation committee, if there is one, where the animation studio is always included. The animation studio has the most say about this(Is the producer job to gather budget and resources and decide where and how they will be spent in the project), given that they are the ones doing the anime.
Also an anime being like this because is just for promotion, is bullshit that people use just to excuse the problems of an anime(Low budget would be a better excuse).
In every anime production, the source material publisher main objective for accepting the project is for expansion of audience, promotion.
The other entities have also always the main objective of earning money with the concept of the story, but taking advantage of their respective areas.

People talk of the results of the adaptation, big boost in the manga sales and low sales in the DVDs/BDs like that was the objective of the project from the beginning. If for some reason Tokyo Ghoul had a small anime boost and a huge anime sales, people would start screaming that the anime wasn't made for promotion.

Tokyo Ghoul has 5 sponsors(Marvelous, TCI entertainment, Bandai, Crown, Sony Music) that have nothing to do with Shueisha, the manga publisher. Those sponsors will earn only a little, and that if Shueisha makes part of the studio committee, of the money earned by the source material.

Also in a title as popular as Tokyo Ghoul, one of the "big 3" titles of a magazine that is the most popular Seinen magazine right now, would be stupid to go look for someone to adapt your series and take the risk of having to pay a lot of money from your own pocket. Is way better and wiser to just to announce that you are open for propositions.
In that way you can choose for many project propositions(that potentially are better than the other way due to the competition) and given that they are the interested party, you can invest less many in the project.

about the author wanting something. The author gave the rights of adaptation. If the studio or the publisher want, they can totally not listen to the demands of the author. So even if the idea came from the author, the fact that the animation studio accepted to go along, is their responsibility.

Oda could suddenly come to Toei and say. "Do you know, I want that the anime now goes for a parallel of the manga". Toei doesn't have any obligation to hear him.
Feb 6, 2015 12:50 PM
Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:

yes it is there fault if they were a powefull as say toei they could have demmded rights fir a proper adapt

Feb 6, 2015 12:54 PM
Mar 2011
bigivelfhq said:
tsudecimo said:

Technical stuff about a series is decided by the animation committee, if there is one, where the animation studio is always included. The animation studio has the most say about this(Is the producer job to gather budget and resources and decide where and how they will be spent in the project), given that they are the ones doing the anime.
Also an anime being like this because is just for promotion, is bullshit that people use just to excuse the problems of an anime(Low budget would be a better excuse).
In every anime production, the source material publisher main objective for accepting the project is for expansion of audience, promotion.
The other entities have also always the main objective of earning money with the concept of the story, but taking advantage of their respective areas.

People talk of the results of the adaptation, big boost in the manga sales and low sales in the DVDs/BDs like that was the objective of the project from the beginning. If for some reason Tokyo Ghoul had a small anime boost and a huge anime sales, people would start screaming that the anime wasn't made for promotion.

Tokyo Ghoul has 5 sponsors(Marvelous, TCI entertainment, Bandai, Crown, Sony Music) that have nothing to do with Shueisha, the manga publisher. Those sponsors will earn only a little, and that if Shueisha makes part of the studio committee, of the money earned by the source material.

Also in a title as popular as Tokyo Ghoul, one of the "big 3" titles of a magazine that is the most popular Seinen magazine right now, would be stupid to go look for someone to adapt your series and take the risk of having to pay a lot of money from your own pocket. Is way better and wiser to just to announce that you are open for propositions.
In that way you can choose for many project propositions(that potentially are better than the other way due to the competition) and given that they are the interested party, you can invest less many in the project.

about the author wanting something. The author gave the rights of adaptation. If the studio or the publisher want, they can totally not listen to the demands of the author. So even if the idea came from the author, the fact that the animation studio accepted to go along, is their responsibility.

Oda could suddenly come to Toei and say. "Do you know, I want that the anime now goes for a parallel of the manga". Toei doesn't have any obligation to hear him.

how tv works in japan is very diffents ot the us you need ti know that abd you not it seams

and yes toei does have obligatio ot hear him manga ka has alot of rright over there work more than say us comic book wreithers have over theres when theyu get ssnpped up

Feb 6, 2015 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
FGAU1912 said:

How tv works in japan is very diffents ot the us you need ti know that abd you not it seams

and yes toei does have obligatio ot hear him manga ka has alot of rright over there work more than say us comic book wreithers have over theres when theyu get ssnpped up

Don't you have a Spell-Checker? You probably write faster than you should, but at least correct your phrases after writing them, please.

I'm not from US so I don't really know how it works there.

No, you're wrong about Toei obligation. The ones that have obligation is Shueisha and it is only obligation toward the manga and to whom it gives the title rights and for what.
So basically Oda can reject a proposition of adaptation and revoke by force a afterwards, though he have to pay a fine for that. But after giving the rights of adaptation, the entity adapting doesn't have to do nothing that he tells them, because it is an adaptation of his work and not his work, and he gave his permission.

While is that in theory, in practice majority of animation studios still talk to the mangakas of the stories, ask for help and take in consideration their demands. This also happens with movies where authors of books are given supervision rights in the movie adaptations of their works.

The only total control that Oda ever had with Toei, was Strong World movie where he was the writer.
Oda even said that he thinks of Toei has a friendly rival in an SBS.
Feb 6, 2015 4:12 PM
Mar 2011
bigivelfhq said:
FGAU1912 said:

How tv works in japan is very diffents ot the us you need ti know that abd you not it seams

Don't you have a Spell-Checker? You probably write faster than you should, but at least correct your phrases after writing them, please.

I'm not from US so I don't really know how it works there.

No, you're wrong about Toei obligation. The ones that have obligation is Shueisha and it is only obligation toward the manga and to whom it gives the title rights and for what.
So basically Oda can reject a proposition of adaptation and revoke by force a afterwards, though he have to pay a fine for that. But after giving the rights of adaptation, the entity adapting doesn't have to do nothing that he tells them, because it is an adaptation of his work and not his work, and he gave his permission.

While is that in theory, in practice majority of animation studios still talk to the mangakas of the stories, ask for help and take in consideration their demands. This also happens with movies where authors of books are given supervision rights in the movie adaptations of their works.

The only total control that Oda ever had with Toei, was Strong World movie where he was the writer.
Oda even said that he thinks of Toei has a friendly rival in an SBS.

after a leinecses is purchased th manga ka goes to the studio ot ok laot of things

na dthe way tv owrks here s

the sponsrs you know the ones menatioend at the start of every show live action or anime and they give the slot to the studo and ratings gt money ofr the studio ot pay the sponsrs for the slot

for exmpale a mornring prime time slot [ 29 30; - 8;00 japanese plus 24 time restt as 6;00 ] is around .1.88 blioon yen or 1.7 millon usd and eraly eveing p rime time 15 30- 18;58 coats aorund 2 mliuuon usd per haf hour

evenign prime time 19;59- 22;59 no naime hardly runs here cots around 8 mlion usd per half hour

Feb 6, 2015 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
Pierrot easy. I watch more of their shows. Kingdom ftw
Feb 6, 2015 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
Perriot, they've done some alright animation with Tokyo Ghoul. PLus, eve though I don't watch Naruto, I've seen a few tidbits of fine animation from it.
Toei, on the other hand, has been consistently pretty blergh with their animation, and the quality has only decrease as of late.
Feb 7, 2015 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
Pierrot.
Feb 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
If the main factors of the matter are One Piece and Tokyo Ghoul,I say it could go either way. I think the bigger problem in OP is the lack of inbetweens and the recycling of footage. But in Tokyo Ghoul, I'd say its the inconsistency in keyframe drawing and in general the character design is mediocre when compared to the source material.

But then again I haven't really watched much of Pierrot and Toei's other shows
Feb 7, 2015 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
Toei is good if they try, at least they didn't skip loads of the original source material like Pierrot did with Tokyo Ghoul.
Feb 7, 2015 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Shadow-Senpai said:
Toei is good if they try, at least they didn't skip loads of the original source material like Pierrot did with Tokyo Ghoul.

Have you seen what Toei did to world trigger?
Feb 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
Shadow-Senpai said:

Just weird pauses and poor animation, right?
Feb 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Z4k said:

You make it sound like its not a big problem.
Feb 7, 2015 10:16 AM

Nov 2010
Z4k said:
ToG25thBaam said:

You make it sound like its not a big problem.
At least they didn't skip original material as that's what Shadow senpai was talking about.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - Yesterday

45 by Nurguburu »»
11 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

102 by Luc36 »»
14 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1004 by vchar »»
20 minutes ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 )

tappioca - Yesterday

91 by Rinrinka »»
23 minutes ago

» Does Non-Japanese Artist Song count as Anime OP/ED?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

9 by Jonas-K »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.