Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 6:24 AM
Jan 2014
Database Database
Just living in the Database Wow Wow
Oct 4, 2014 6:24 AM

Aug 2014
Romance from the novel (it´s still ongoing)

Oct 4, 2014 6:28 AM

Nov 2012
im a bit confused
the first scene with cool raid boss and overly big boobs girl... is that spoilers for next next episode?
and the final scene. akatsuki and shiroe died. what?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 4, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
im a bit confused
the first scene with cool raid boss and overly big boobs girl... is that spoilers for next next episode?
and the final scene. akatsuki and shiroe died. what?

It´s a spoiler for the midseason or the last episodes. Depends on the fillers :)
Oct 4, 2014 6:37 AM

Sep 2008
Everything us kinda cool...
But what was that last scene with Shiro and Akatsuki?!

This is spoiler for ending?
Just like that 'preview' at the start?

Akatsuki is so adorable!
And that ending theme!
Aww... aww... Really cute!
Oct 4, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2012
They gave us a bit of preview for what's to come which I enjoyed because that was one of my favorite scenes from the light novel. Can't wait to see my Soujirou <3
Oct 4, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2013
Strong first episode, it was able to act as both a set-up and recap episode without being mundane. The only slight problem I had was the questionable ending. Was there any reason for the time-skip to Christmas eve? I mean given that it is the first episode, they will probably explain it later, but still it feels a little weird
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Oct 4, 2014 6:41 AM
Jan 2014
Database The Animation is back. Looks like the DEENimation is alright. Well, they are replacing Satelight and this is an NHK anime after all. Wasn't expecting that much of a change.

Some of the characters lack a bit of detail in their facial expressions, but nothing too drastic.

Even if this was a build-up episode, I didn't enjoy the placement of some of the scenes at all. Those flashbacks did serve the narrative, but the scenes from the future felt kind of out of place.

Other than that it has retained its quality from the previous season as of right now.
ResidentOct 4, 2014 6:55 AM
Oct 4, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
zerriet said:
Strong first episode, it was able to act as both a set-up and recap episode without being mundane. The only slight problem I had was the questionable ending. Was there any reason for the time-skip to Christmas eve? I mean given that it is the first episode, they will probably explain it later, but still it feels a little weird

it is to make people to watch the show. So people will see why the "died".
Oct 4, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
Sweanime said:
zerriet said:

it is to make people to watch the show. So people will see why the "died".

I am aware of that and i agree it does help to make things more intriguing. But i just cant help but feel its a little bit out of place, i dont know it might just be me
Oct 4, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
A great strong first episode, The graphic and character design is much better than the previous season. I was a bit confused by how fast the episode pace was, Did the studio rush everything or the pace was normal ?
The ending is really cute :3
Off reading to the LN

Oct 4, 2014 6:48 AM
Dec 2012
DATABASE
Oct 4, 2014 6:49 AM

May 2009
Roe2, Shiroe's female alternate account made sentient if you haven't noticed.
Oct 4, 2014 6:53 AM
Aug 2013
Wool great episode for an intro hoping to see more
Oct 4, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
A great strong first episode, The graphic and character design is much better than the previous season. I was a bit confused by how fast the episode pace was, Did the studio rush everything or the pace was normal ?
Off reading to the LN

It seams that this will be half a filler season. They don´t have to nearly fill a 1 cour.
Oct 4, 2014 6:59 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah it's back! The OP really just sets the mood. Nyanta's stilll smooth, Rudy's still obsessed with himself (lol), Akatsuki's adorable and best of all...glasses lift! Air glasses too! The ED sounds good but I like the first one better.

I've been reading the LNs but I think I'm going to stop when I get to this arc. Looking forward to the 24 more episodes :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Jan 2014
Pretty good first episode, the ending had me confused but I guess it will be explained next episode. Still have to get used to the new animation but that won't be toomuch of an issue.

Jul 2014
Sweanime said:
Seiryuu2 said:
Off reading to the LN

It seams that this will be half a filler season. They don´t have to nearly fill a 1 cour.

Oh i see, thanks for that.

Oct 4, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2013
Sweanime said:
Seiryuu2 said:
Off reading to the LN

Might be too early to make assumptions, from what i understand, vol 9 has just been released and vol 10 will be released in December, so we will have to see how it turns out
Oct 4, 2014 7:04 AM

May 2014
No idea how I'd have destroyed if they didn't keep the same OP.
Be glad, Studio Deen!
Oct 4, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
zerriet said:
Sweanime said:

Might be too early to make assumptions, from what i understand, vol 9 has just been released and vol 10 will be released in December, so we will have to see how it turns out

If so then it´s all good :D

Mod Edit: Response to quote removed from quote. Since we remove quote chains you should just put a response immediately below the quote to avoid having the post removed.
rodacOct 4, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
Living in the Database! WooWooWo!
Oct 4, 2014 7:21 AM
Nov 2010
zerriet said:
Sweanime said:

Don't know where you got that info. Volume 8 just came out last week. and we still don't know when volume 9 is coming out. Since there was a 9 month gap between Volume 6-7 and 7-8, we can expect volume 9 to come out June 2015. Season 2 would've ended by then. S1 went through 5 volumes, and the pacing was slow. We can only assume it will either be anime filler or like other said, include the European arc (which is not about Shiroe).
Oct 4, 2014 7:22 AM
Sep 2014
can't believe they kept the opening DATABASE DATABASE!!! :D
Oct 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Feb 2011
Animation is pretty meh... but guess I'll get used to it.
It was as boring as the first season.
Oct 4, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2014
I really liked this first episode, they jump right on the action. The OP is reaaaaaaaaally good, it's the same as the first season so yeah, The ED has the same cuteness as the first season. I like that they kept the same feel in the ED/OP.
Oct 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2013
RainbowIslands said:
zerriet said:

Don't know where you got that info. Volume 8 just came out last week. and we still don't know when volume 9 is coming out. Since there was a 9 month gap between Volume 6-7 and 7-8, we can expect volume 9 to come out June 2015. Season 2 would've ended by then. S1 went through 5 volumes, and the pacing was slow. We can only assume it will either be anime filler or like other said, include the European arc (which is not about Shiroe).

hm, I must have been misinformed then and you have a fair point. It is entirely possible they might flesh out these 4 volumes though, or perhaps somehow tie in the side story inside. Then again it is only the first episode and for what it did, it did well
Oct 4, 2014 7:28 AM

Apr 2014
Ah they even showed Roe2 in the opening.
Oct 4, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2013
Good start to this second season. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 4, 2014 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
I liked it how they kept the same opening for season 1, database feat. TAKUMA (10 Feet)" by MAN WITH A MISSION. It always pumps me up for log horizon.

Oct 4, 2014 7:50 AM

May 2013
So good being back in THE DATABASE, haha. Really excited for Log Horizon this season as I loved the first. Aside from the animation quality everything is looking so familiar and it's great. Animation quality just seems to be lacking a bit. Anyway, great episode and really looking forward to the next episode!
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 4, 2014 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
Akatsuki is still best girl.
Oct 4, 2014 8:01 AM

Dec 2010
one episode in and he is plotting to loot all the golds of elder tale...
that's the "megane villain" for ya !...

that reminds me ... can't wait for dragon age INQUISITION !
Oct 4, 2014 8:03 AM
Oct 2009
I don't like that they show things out of order to confuse the timeline. Sometimes they do it in anime and it works great for making things interesting (like the beginning of the episode was ok) but the end of this episode I was just like ?? Not a huge fan of the art changes but it's just a matter of getting used to it.
Oct 4, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing as always :D Recently started playing a MMO, so every time some theory is mentioned it's super relate-able. It is much better than SAO, this one episode is already more interesting than the entire season of SAO 2.
Oct 4, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2013
i'm so happy they kept the song :3333
didn't quite get the ending but whatever, i guess that'll be explained
Oct 4, 2014 8:17 AM
Feb 2014
the only thing that makes me give this episode 4/5 is the beginning (raid preview) and the ending (shiroe-akatsuki death) part..maryele hair is weird, but crusty's axe detail is great
Oct 4, 2014 8:19 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode , really got me hyped up for the next ones
Oct 4, 2014 8:20 AM

Jul 2013
The great Shiroe-sama is finally here to rescue us from trap Kirito.. and just in time too. I'm quite fed up with the amount of bullshit in SAO and my hand hurts from too much face-palming so now that LH is here there's no reason to keep watching it.

I love how they keep the OP song, Database is definitely the best and most suitable song for this anime (just like Baby Steps' Believe in Yourself). The new ED song is great though and they kept the same singer too.

Is that Shiroe's old team in the beginning? and a raid on a gold vault??? man, I'm so excited to watch things unfold. I can't believe they even have an explanation for such a trivial thing like how the monsters have money XD I mean it's something that we always accept as the norm in an MMORPG. How I wish a game like Elder Tale really exists in real life.

LOG HORIZON IS BACK, BABY!!!
Oct 4, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
You guys don't have to remind me that Log Horizon isn't a pure action series but still those battle scenes before the OP got me pretty excited for what's coming.

We went from fighting disposable goblin and sahuagin underlings to boss type ancient Chinese warrior, some mysterious swordsman and... is that Poseidon, God of the Sea? Don't think I've ever seen Soujirou with such a dead serious expression too.

Glad to see William Massachusetts is going to be reintroduced. Always had a thing for elves and I kinda like that he has been designed to look more menacing than in S1. Hope he will have some interesting back story to tell.
Oct 4, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
DATABASE, DATABASE!! Love it, and the ED is pretty nice too. It seems that creep Regan is going to be a regular.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2013

OPENING HYPE TOO STRONK

I clearly see now (I know they did it in season 1 too) how much Log Horizon depends on info dumps. I hate unnatural dialogues like "After all, you are _______, the great mage of the ___________ who also ___________." But hey, it gets the information across and doesn't try to convolute the already complex story. A pretty slow intro episode that was mostly giving out information.

I loved seeing the crew back though, with enhanced(?) animation! LOG HORIZON HYPE
Oct 4, 2014 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
still enjoyable, pretty much all set up for later events but it was still fun to see all the characters and the world again, was pretty easy to jump back into despite the half a year gap since last watching

And ill be that one asshole, the opening is kind of crappy and i really hate that they never changed it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2014 8:50 AM
Mar 2012
As always lying to their viewers at the first episode, this show is so good at it. Most of it is just going to be some tea parties and average romance and then we'll get the fights around ep 22-23.
Oct 4, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
BlueXRam said:

By the way, this is something I've been wondering since season 1. Do how the characters look in real life have any correlation with how they look inside the game?
They said in the first episode of the series that what they look like has nothing to do with their ingame model, thats why akatsuki was a tall man at first and shiroue was complaining about getting used to his height cause he was a foot taller than his real life body, look wise we saw both naotsugu and shiroue in their real life image, they had more realistic looks and different more down to earth eyes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2014 8:56 AM
Sep 2014
BlueXRam said:
Those boob sizes.. Just no.

Just yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 4, 2014 8:59 AM
Sep 2014
Shaduge said:
As always lying to their viewers at the first episode, this show is so good at it. Most of it is just going to be some tea parties and average romance and then we'll get the fights around ep 22-23.

Well, Log Horizon definitely isn't a pure action show or anything like that. You can go back to SAO II if you want m8. No one will miss you.
Oct 4, 2014 8:59 AM

Mar 2010
*^* great episode. indeed.
Oct 4, 2014 9:06 AM
Oct 2012
J3sj said:
BlueXRam said:
Those boob sizes.. Just no.

Just yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was actually relieved by how they were animated, they looked worse in the previews. As for them being there, given the personality that Kanami (extremely extroverted and flashy), it is not a surprise that she has them. While I liked the way her former character was depicted last season, she probably will be easy to get used to once they focus on her story.

I have often criticized studios for not adapting the source material, this episode is a good example of how to do it. Instead of just following the novels in order, they have taken a bit from 6 a bit from 7, and are creating a story to merge them together. Had they gone lineally (as Mahouka and SAO does), the show would have been far more boring. So kudos to the writing team (which of course includes the original writer - always a good sign).

The animation so far has been very good (relatively speaking this is after all an NHK animation so middle of the road is all we can expect), so that is something to look forward to as well.

Overall this is shaping up to be as enjoyable as the first series. Definitely something to look forward to, particularly when we start getting to new material towards the end.
Oct 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
IN THAT FUCKING DATABASE.

Just yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.