Forum Settings
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2014 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Akira finally got a photo of her mom. For this final chapter, I think that's fitting. But even after 92 chapters of teasing, still no kiss although they told the readers why..

Damn it though, that was so close. It's basically the manga saying "deal with it XD!"

Heh. This has been a fun little journey I guess. 7/10.
Sep 24, 2014 5:04 PM
May 2013
Nothing to say, i'll never read manga again.
Sep 24, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
I expected a pure shit 0/10 ending...., and was still disappointed.

This author was a special kind of shit.
Sep 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
If this manga was 30-40 chapters, I wouldn't mind this kind of ending, but when their relationship doesn't move forward after 92 chapters and 10 years of publication, that's a bad message to the readers

Well, I've had some fun, but I believe that some simple changes to the story and the removal of some completely useless chapters, would make it a lot better
Sep 24, 2014 6:36 PM

May 2013
Man I was really expecting a kiss and Tsubaki, out of all people, decides to wait on that. Oh well. I enjoyed the manga. Gonna miss it.
Sep 24, 2014 6:48 PM
Aug 2009
I liked it. It was cute and very sweet. One of the few series where the characters didn't kiss and I liked it.
Sep 24, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah honestly I didn't really mind that they didn't kiss. He's already done arguably more mature things to her much earlier in the story anyway. This ending felt appropriate, and it's pretty clear their relationship will last. I enjoyed reading this series and loved the anime adaptation. I do think a couple of manga arcs were overly long. The Idol Arc(which was my low point for the series personally) and the Movie Arc. It did meander a bit, but overall I thought it was a highly enjoyable reading experience, 8/10.
Sep 24, 2014 9:20 PM
Aug 2012
Juanmaa said:
Nothing to say, i'll never read manga again.

same
Sep 24, 2014 9:22 PM
Aug 2012
4 years of reading this crap every month and they do us dirty like that. cant believe it
Sep 24, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2011
I am fucking angry
Sep 24, 2014 10:00 PM
Apr 2014
Words fail me on how sad and disappointing this ending is.
Sep 24, 2014 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
Actually I am not surprised for this ending. Discommunication Seirehen also had an ending without reaching to a proper answer for Togawa and her quest of answer

Despite the last three years of null development (when actually I started to reading it), I am very happy with this manga. I will miss to Urabe and her weirdness, and the moments when Tsubaki shines with his goofy, but effective, ideas to make happy to his girlfriend.
Sep 24, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2010
I thought that I would be disappointed if it ended without a kiss, but instead, with the way he did it, it totally fits the way that the characters have grown over the course of the manga, Tsubaki in particular, but also Urabe. Urabe has grown close to Tsubaki's sister, even to the point of calling her sister and confiding in her the desire to spend the rest of her life with Tsubaki. That, and every interaction with his sister (as well as a few moments with Oka and later with Suwano, are where Urabe's character growth is shown.

For Tsubaki, he has gone from a guy who pretty much was concentrated on what the relationship could do for him, to what the two of them can do together to be happy. They treasure their "routine" and he wants to protect that part of their relationship. It would have been nice to do a little time skip to graduation and shown them kissing after leaving school, but let's face it, they have been through their 2nd year of high school nearly a dozen times over if you count the seasons in the manga, so expecting any kind of time progression is foolish.

I still love the story.
Sep 25, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
Why it's so rare for manga to have a proper conclusion and a hint that end is coming. In Chapter 90 i didn't have a clue it would end in next chapter... I'm sad now.
Sep 25, 2014 3:52 AM

Oct 2009
No kiss, just as I expected XD
Sep 25, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2008
Crap ending. The author just gave the finger to his readers.
Sep 25, 2014 5:02 AM

Jun 2009
Well...um...I guess that's what you call a disappointing ending. It's not even really an ending. It just stops. Doesn't feel like it gave any kind of closure.

After spending quite a bit of time reading a chapter every other month I had expected to feel SOME kind of emotion if it ended. Instead I felt nothing. After reading that final page my reaction was "yeah ok, whatever". Indifference...is just about the worst kind of reaction a work of fiction can get from it's reader.

I have to drop the rating from a 7/10 to a 6/10. Looking back at it all it feels like this series was a huge waste of my time. It's a shame.

Also is there another chapter or something? MAL says it finished publishing on the 25th (which is today) but I doubt this is the chapter that came out today? Or did the scanlators get their hand on a raw that much earlier and translated it super fast?
grandy_UiDSep 25, 2014 5:10 AM
Sep 25, 2014 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
WTF...if you're gonna end a manga you might as well conclude the central struggle of this story. a no kiss ending is just too lame.
Sep 25, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
grandy_UiD said:
I have to drop the rating from a 7/10 to a 6/10. Looking back at it all it feels like this series was a huge waste of my time. It's a shame.

Also is there another chapter or something? MAL says it finished publishing on the 25th (which is today) but I doubt this is the chapter that came out today? Or did the scanlators get their hand on a raw that much earlier and translated it super fast?

I agree with your score. I did the same

No, this is the last chapter. It says so in the first page. They released it on Crunchyroll a few hours ago. The entry has 93 chapters, which are: Chapter 00, that was released at 2004 and was around 80 pages + Chapters 1-91 (obviously) + chapter 92 (or chapter 91 Part 2)
NaughtyNoddySep 25, 2014 7:19 AM
Sep 25, 2014 8:10 AM

Feb 2013
That ending was shitty. I don't understand why so many manga have bad endings.

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah the ending fits if you don't believe in character development. Got to love how people try an rationalize a shit ending. I suppose people can't come to terms with wasting their time so they feel the need to deceive themselves. Truly sad.
Sep 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
I find it very hard to believe that Tsubaki would pass up such a great opportunity to kiss Urabe. She wants it to happen, it's the moment he's been waiting for after all this time, and he decides not to kiss her and gives a stupid excuse. Instead they're just going to continue on doing what they're doing. It's an unresolved ending but it's not like I really expected much since the series ended fairly abruptly.

However, I liked about 2/3 of the series, and it's easy for me to overlook the boring parts that just drug the story along. So I'm still giving it a good rating (an 8). I only started reading this about 3 months ago and it's not like I've waited long for the ending. Therefore I'm not nearly as dissapointed as some people are. If I had to wait like a year or more then I'd be a little more upset and the rating I give it would be lower.
Sep 25, 2014 2:37 PM

May 2014
Well then. Well well well well well well well then. Well then. Then then then. Haaaa....
What a typical Japanese ending- not truly satisfying. How disappointing. How enraging. How... Scornful. Well then everyone, grab your sledge hammers and we're taking a trip to Japan! Current destination, the Ueshiba Residence!
Just kidding. I was at least happy that the ending didn't have some stupidly bizarre plot twist- like Urabe actually turning out to be an alien like our suspicions caused us to believe and saying she has to return to her home planet or something... Or her being Tsubaki's long lost sister... Or one of them dies... Or a breakup... I suppose this could be much worse than what we got. Nonetheless, this was such a bland and uncreative ending, you'd think that the author would put more thought into the ending of a series with TEN years in the making. I'll be sad to see this series go, but I'll likely consider it my second favorite franchise for a while.
I suppose we could use this as a reminder of God; he's never going to end, nor disappoint us. Just keep that in mind and worries will always be put to rest.
Sep 25, 2014 5:25 PM
Mar 2010
This is just fucking pure trolling man.
Sep 25, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2014
Unlike so many other manga that seem to have rushed endings, this was a lil different in that it was a decent ending. However, like all those other manga it wasn't the ending we all wanted ofc. :/ Also, many things were left unexplained obviously :/
7/10 for teasing the readers for 90 chapters -.-

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Sep 25, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
I loved the anime back in 2012, so right after it ended I started reading the manga. I liked the manga too, there were some unforgettable scenes (like Urabe's smile at the last chapter of the Movie production arc). But this ending was really disappointing, not only for the lack of a kiss, but it felt somewhat rushed, no explanation at all about the "drool power" (like Urabe's ability to see Tsubaki's thoughts just by tasting his drool), and what about the city inside Tsubaki dream? Did it have a meaning at all?

Well, even with all this shortcomings, I still enjoyed it, so 7/10 for this manga.
Sep 26, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
What was that? I thought I'd read other chapter, but sht. My score is going down 8/10 to 7/10.
Sep 26, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
I thought they kissed, until I read the next page. Ehh I enjoyed it for the time being. It was just something I read in my free time so I'm not too dissapointed at the ending.
Sep 27, 2014 8:49 AM
Mar 2014
After thinking about the whole series and that last chapter it really all fits. In story line time by then was perhaps 4-5 years hard to tell with multiple summer breaks and winters. Tsubaki is totally dominated by Urabe, after multiple years isn't allowed to hold Urabe's hand in public and is satisfied with that. Urabe defines early on that any expression of affection by Tsubake will be met with a scissors attack.
The last two chapters foreshadow the future with the revelation of Tsubaki's sister Youko having a warm high school relationship only to fall apart after graduation, after she dreams of a loving long lasting relationship. The author even points out that moment of sunset beauty admired by Youko. That scene is repeated by Tsubaki in the last frame of this final chapter after he refuses the opportunity to kiss, and after Urabe expressed the thought of long term hopes to Youko but not to the presumed man she loves but in fact she simply dominates. The future is well laid-out. When she wants to kiss, he will be reluctant, when he is ready, she will waffle. That is their default paradigm. In a comment on the anime page of this series on this site someone asked how it will all end. I suggested that they will drift apart and she will become a Special Forces instructor for advance scissor attacks and he will become a monk and they will both die virgins. Nothing offered with the final chapter leads me to believe otherwise. A totally dissatisfying ending.
As an aside I actually read the manga on the Kissmanga site. I like their format and page layouts, makes reading the manga easy. I offered comments on that forum similar to what I've written here and it was removed after a day.

Life happens, we move on.
@kooblet
Sep 28, 2014 6:02 PM

Feb 2008
kopavi said:
After thinking about the whole series and that last chapter it really all fits. In story line time by then was perhaps 4-5 years hard to tell with multiple summer breaks and winters. Tsubaki is totally dominated by Urabe, after multiple years isn't allowed to hold Urabe's hand in public and is satisfied with that. Urabe defines early on that any expression of affection by Tsubake will be met with a scissors attack.
The last two chapters foreshadow the future with the revelation of Tsubaki's sister Youko having a warm high school relationship only to fall apart after graduation, after she dreams of a loving long lasting relationship. The author even points out that moment of sunset beauty admired by Youko. That scene is repeated by Tsubaki in the last frame of this final chapter after he refuses the opportunity to kiss, and after Urabe expressed the thought of long term hopes to Youko but not to the presumed man she loves but in fact she simply dominates. The future is well laid-out. When she wants to kiss, he will be reluctant, when he is ready, she will waffle. That is their default paradigm. In a comment on the anime page of this series on this site someone asked how it will all end. I suggested that they will drift apart and she will become a Special Forces instructor for advance scissor attacks and he will become a monk and they will both die virgins. Nothing offered with the final chapter leads me to believe otherwise. A totally dissatisfying ending.
As an aside I actually read the manga on the Kissmanga site. I like their format and page layouts, makes reading the manga easy. I offered comments on that forum similar to what I've written here and it was removed after a day.

Life happens, we move on.

it all seems rather contrived. he should have just kissed her now that she was ready. there are a lot of things that were never explained but i figure that she pretty much had gotten to the point to where a kiss would not be as damaging. lets not forget that the spit swapping deal was not just a ritual, but to keep him alive as it were. this whole ending was just dissatisfying.
Sep 29, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
It's amazing how a bad ending could ruin what was for me an otherwise great read.

What I hated the most about it was the notion, hinting by the sister's words at the tombstone and by Akira's final decision, that his relationship with Urabe could become nothing more than a high school romance, even with her apparent commitment to stay with him forever. Yeah, call me cynical, but it was all too corny and rushed for me to think otherwise, and it's sad because I cheered for this pairing for almost four years of my life.

The only way Riichi could redeem himself would be if he writes an epilogue of sorts for the tankoubon which explains what happened to every character (Not just Akira and Urabe) after the end of this chapter. Otherwise I just would stop reading manga altogether, as this is the third ending to an overall good manga that disappoints me in a row.
Sep 29, 2014 10:43 PM
Apr 2011
I discovered the anime a few days ago, literally a day after the 10 year long manga series finished. I finished the anime pretty quickly and blew through the entire manga series in half a day.

I'd probably be more pissed if I spent the last 3-4 years patiently following the manga chapter by chapter but to be honest I'm mainly just disappointed. The manga didn't answer any of the questions I had from the anime and was packed with fluff. Mysterious Girlfriend Urabe is still a complete mystery. What's with her parents? What's her back story? What's happening after high school? etc. How will they cope and how will their relationship evolve/mature?

This series had so much potential to tell a bizarre and unique love story but instead they settled for 92 chapters of stale flirtation and a cutesy, vapid ending.
Oct 5, 2014 4:42 AM

Jan 2014
I love how the story developed, but i never expected it to end so lame...
for this last chapter 1/5
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 7, 2014 12:14 AM

Jan 2010
I must say that overall it was a good ride but somehow somewhere it started dragging, yet it was still enjoyable. It was just one peaceful chapter at a time.

What's probably pis*ing everyone off is that it could have been SO MUCH MORE! SO MUCH BETTER! But author didn't grab a chance and ended it just out of blue.

I didn't like the ending. Not because the kissing (welp, it played its little part too), but it was just "another chapter" and this way it could have ended like 20 times before and the result would be the same. For me 7/10 because I still enjoyed it.
SaulengerOct 7, 2014 12:45 AM
Oct 13, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2012
Probably better off just pretending the last three chapters don't exist and ending it on an enthusiastic love for curry.
Yes, I've arrived. I'll see myself out.
Oct 17, 2014 5:03 PM
Oct 2014
I were just fishing for anime last week and i found this....after i finished it and found out that the anime had a unsatisfying end and no second season i craved for more so i instantly picked up the manga and read everything in a couple days....

And i have to say i'm not very surprised about the ending.... but i enjoyed the ride ;)

He probably wont kiss her before they are on the altar ;3

What bothered me the most tho was that there is No Core Storyline Progression here ( if you don't count the Live Concert and Movie Production arcs...which sucked anyway).......yes we can all agree that the main characters have matured but the core story plot have not moved a inch since chapter 0 .........Which means that a majority of the manga just seems like a bunch of random OVA's cobbled together with a touch of ecchi here and there.... what amazes me is that at least 2 years have passed in the manga and they are still 17 years old and in class 2-A -_-

If the manga started at the end of the summer and the start of the second year in high-school then they should both be 18 and close to graduation by the time it ended....yeah that's right, let that thought sink in for a moment...

But on another note it really sucks that it just ends out of the blue... just like Sopranos ;_;
it is just like the author says "F*** it, i'm done" and it just ends.....

It would be great if the author would have continued for another 10 years....but to be honest....all anime that releases one chapter per month from a solo author is usually doomed to fail....i'm surprised it lasted this long....

I thought i was too old for romance manga's now but to be honest this manga warmed my heart just like Love Hina when i was in High-School 7-8 years ago.... i really feel like a kid again after reading Mystery GF X ;D

This Manga gave me a warm and refreshing yet mysterious feeling... I'd say 9/10 despite the hollow ending.
GrandAndreasKOct 17, 2014 5:54 PM
Oct 18, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2014
It ended the way it supposed to. If they had kissed, they would have thrown their bond, something only they have. Stop being cunts and deal with it.
Oct 18, 2014 2:09 PM
May 2009
What a shitty ending. I discovered the anime about 7 months ago and I liked It. So, I started reading the available chapters and back then I was already disappointed but the idol arc, the movie arc and the way too much forced ans pointless love triangle and the story line being stuck in the Endless Eight always reapeting the same year of high school.

But still it was not too bad to wait the realeases in Crunchyroll and I consider it as an experience to see if I can read a manga without waiting for the last chapter to start reading it. (The experience failed, luckylely I still have a lot of complete manga to read)

Many times Tsubaki express his desire to kiss Urabe so it doesn't make any sense to refuse it when Urabe is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally is in the "mood" and throw some bullshit excuse as a decline of the offer. And Tsubaki tell him that they will be kissing each other every day, he should be happy but for some "reason" he prefers to keep sucking her finger. So he doesn't consider that kissing will deepen and improve more their relationship.

Such a disappointement 5/10
Oct 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
I feel betrayed. :/
6/10
Nov 3, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
A_Fat_Man said:

6/10

i just took a peek at the manga, not reading, but it has 96 chapters, u only read 92 chapters, read till the end before u open ur mouth :)

even i do not know the real ending yet, problem is that not all chapters are uploaded online
Nov 3, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
Sugram22 said:
A_Fat_Man said:

6/10

i just took a peek at the manga, not reading, but it has 96 chapters, u only read 92 chapters, read till the end before u open ur mouth :)

even i do not know the real ending yet, problem is that not all chapters are uploaded online

The manga has ended and all chapters have been translated and uploaded. The chapter titled "Mysterious Sunset part 2", which is chapter 92, is the last one. Not sure what's going on with MAL and why it says there is 96. MAL used to say it was 93 chapters which was fine since that number was including Chapter 0.
Nov 6, 2014 3:26 AM

Sep 2014
I read the entire manga today & I'm very disappointed...others, especially Kopavi, have voiced my dissatisfaction well so I really have nothing new to add.

My biggest disappointment is that, in my opinion, their relationship feels like it barely progressed. And my mouth literally dropped open in surprise at his excuse for not kissing her.

Oh well...
CasyleNov 6, 2014 3:39 AM
Nov 9, 2014 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
This is the end of the manga.

Akira gets a photo of his mother and then attempts to cut it up because he figured that he already knows what his mother looks like by looking at his older sister's sleeping face.

Urabe tells Akira to kiss her and then he decides he cannot do it, because they are still high school and he wants their first kiss to me very memorable. My reaction this scene was, "... huh... uh... hah... Did the kid just turn down this opportunity again?!?!"

Akira and Urabe maintained their purity in their relationship to the very end which to its own accord is very earnest.

However, I am still sad I did not get a kiss even at the very end of the manga series but oh well.

OVERALL: This this series had one of the purist relationships I have ever seen in a manga, even if relationship was build upon drool. This was a good series in all.

~Great manga and series!!!
Nov 20, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2013
NaughtyNoddy said:
If this manga was 30-40 chapters, I wouldn't mind this kind of ending, but when their relationship doesn't move forward after 92 chapters and 10 years of publication, that's a bad message to the readers

Well, I've had some fun, but I believe that some simple changes to the story and the removal of some completely useless chapters, would make it a lot better

This 100%
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Nov 22, 2014 3:21 PM
Nov 2014
I enjoyed the series....it did lag a bit between the idol arc until the movie arc and then it picked up a bit during that arc, but after that it started lagging again.

I am sad it didn't go on for longer because they still could have built on some things....basically it is a bit of wasted potential. I'm glad they didn't kiss...it would have thrown off the idea of having this emotional bond without any sort of physical affection. They seemed to be really close at the end so I wouldn't say that their relationship "stalled"...they could have done an epilogue though.

It needed a few more chapters to explore the characters' pasts more. ESPECIALLY Urabe. Seriously.....so much more could have been done in general. I wish they had more notice about it ending since they were only given 2 chapters to wrap everything up.

4/5 for me because some chapters felt more like filler...they could have been used more effectively if they looked at character development more instead. It was a joy to read even though it was slow at times...I hope another manga/anime comes out that has a similar theme to it.

I enjoyed the fact that they cared so deeply about each other despite not even kissing at all. A lot of pages are wasted on sex scenes in other mangas to be honest if you read other manga...that is why it stood out for me despite the drooling thing (which I got used to after a few chapters).
Nov 27, 2014 11:40 PM

Oct 2010
seems like a typical way to end a series. overall 7/10
Nov 28, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2014
Dec 7, 2014 2:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ybnrmalatall said:
NaughtyNoddy said:

This 100%

My thoughts exactly.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 7, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2012
Marzan said:
ybnrmalatall said:

This 100%

My thoughts exactly.

not much of a reader, long ones i go trough wit skipping, & its rare when i read, But i agree, i would hate if they continue the anime same way, long & slow & in the end no change
Dec 23, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2010
ok... dissapointing end.... rating from 8 to 6 now

and whats with MaL saying it goes to 96 chapters ? some extra shit coming up?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Chapter 76 Discussion

dbaranyi - Mar 27, 2013

10 by Shidoteki »»
Jun 24, 4:54 PM

» Mysterious Girlfriend X and One Punch Man?

264354287 - Aug 6, 2016

6 by Shidoteki »»
Jun 24, 4:53 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo x what chapter should I continue to, after the anime?

keragamming - Mar 10, 2014

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
May 26, 4:16 AM

» Nazo no Kanojo X

Greencher - Jan 29, 2018

2 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:37 PM

» What's your opinion on this manga?

danklolihunter - May 11, 2019

2 by Areworm »»
Feb 3, 2022 7:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.