Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2016
Hmm well, was it good ? Yes
Was it worth 148/3=9 hours of my life? Hell no. Still a 7.5~/10 (rounded to 8)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 25, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
Finally I'm done! What a great ride. Let's hope there will be HxH in the near future...
Row-anSep 25, 2019 5:49 PM

Sep 29, 2019 4:17 PM
Apr 2018
Awwwww, this ending was so emotional. I had my doubts with this series but it's very solid. I'd ask for a sequel but this journey was so much fun that I doubt I would want it to end

9/10
Nov 2, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2016
Gon and Ging discussing the really cool adventures they went on throughout their careers as Pro Hunters to each other on the top of the world was a very rewarding moment for Gon and for me too. The world as they know it just being a small part of unimaginably bigger that remains mostly unexplored is definitely a sign of things to come!

Kurapika's making real progress in recovering the Kurta Clan Eyes but it would've been great if we got to see him do it after the Phantom Troupe Arc though. It's great to see everyone doing what they do and it's been a big, big journey~ Let's just hope that the manga will be able to have enough material for the next high-quality adaptation at least within the next decade.

Nov 13, 2019 7:27 PM

Aug 2016
Useless last arc, but last episode was good and satisfying.
:v
Dec 15, 2019 4:38 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man I didn't think Gon would make it to the top of the tree so fast. Guess that's why they made this the finale. That was a pretty decent meetup atop the tree. It was a real epic journey that's for sure. Shame it'll probably never get its end.
Jan 5, 2020 10:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I still can't believe it's already over, I wis the story was finished so the Anime would have already caught up to the end.
Feb 1, 2020 4:38 AM

Feb 2012
The end of an insane ride
What's the deal with gotoh o_o
Almost teared up again seeing komugi and Meruem holding hands

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Feb 16, 2020 10:44 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly I was ready to give up on this show because everything was decent (not interesting), Only the Chimera arc made me stay. Really what a damn good arc. Glad I didn't quite this show and watched till the end :)

EP- 131 (Battle: gon vs pito)and EP- 135 (meruem & komugi scene)are my favorite.

8/10. Good show indeed.
Mar 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2019
Thanks Togashi Great anime :)
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 17, 2020 4:29 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, I'm going to miss watching this (I feel like I say that for almost every anime I finish😭). I hope they decide to continue the anime because I would love to see the other arcs animated. Also, I wished they had at least talked to Kurapika on the phone :'(
I had honestly thought I wouldn't like this anime and would drop it within the first few episodes, but I'm glad I was wrong.
Mar 28, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2019
Wow. Togashi, you goddamn genius. This is definitely the best-written show I've seen, ever. The world-building, the magic system, the relationships between characters, the incredibly well-developed motivations for each character (even the most minor of side characters!), the way conflict is escalated and resolved through intense mind games; all of these are insanely well done.
I still wouldn't call the show a 'masterpiece' though. The animation quality is (of course) top notch, and remains quite consistent. However, I did think that the direction in general was a bit lacking, save for a few amazing episodes (126, 131, and a couple others). The OST was fantastic, though the way it was utilized was quite frustrating; a few select songs would be played over and over again, and some songs would only get played once in the entire show. Finally, I think that episodes 114-122ish were handled very poorly, with an incredibly annoying narrator and too much focus on small things that end up being inconsequential (I personally think that the narrator could have been replaced by internal dialogue by the characters, and it would have worked just fine).
However, I can't deny that this show was really entertaining! So I have to give it credit for holding my interest over nearly 75 hours of content!
Overall score: 9/10
Score breakdown for each arc:
Hunter Exam: 8
Heaven's Arena: 7
Phantom Troupe: 9
Greed Island: 5
Chimera Ant (episodes 76 to the part where the king is born): 9
Chimera Ant (from where the king is born to when the palace invasion starts): 7
Chimera Ant (palace invasion to episode 122): 6
Chimera Ant (episodes 122-136): 10
Chairman Election: 8

Criticism is cheap. There are flaws in everything. No work of art will be loved by everyone. Now can everyone just chill?
Apr 4, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2017
i didn't understand why they had to replace gotoh. if they did it to fool the zoldycks, i'm pretty sure thats not gonna work and why would they bury him in their territory, if they're trying to cover up his death?

kurapika's obsession for vengeance is scary and i feel like it might backfire and drive him insane, in a similar way it did to gon. if he's just gonna sit there all day, he could at least pick up the phone.

the final episode was beautiful and a perfect wrap-up for gon's journey.
Apr 25, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
Kinda sad we didn't really get to see Kurapika again... He was my favorite.
Apr 28, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2019
Wow. The entire 148 episodes are just a snow globe compared to the gigantic world Gon can explore. Overall, one of the best Anime I've ever seen. 10/10

Is this the end or is there a chance for Season 2?
Apr 28, 2020 3:42 PM

Dec 2014
Vector10018 said:
Wow. The entire 148 episodes are just a snow globe compared to the gigantic world Gon can explore. Overall, one of the best Anime I've ever seen. 10/10

Manga is still ongoing but is on haitus, the current arc is "the black continent" which is the world you saw in the last episode, Kurapika is again the main character.
Apr 29, 2020 2:22 AM

Dec 2019
Dwdwer said:
Vector10018 said:

Manga is still ongoing but is on haitus, the current arc is "the black continent" which is the world you saw in the last episode, Kurapika is again the main character.

Leorio's never going to be the Main character in any arc😂😂
May 4, 2020 7:21 AM
Mar 2020
Killua & Gon parting ways absolutely killed me. As they turned around with fake smiles on their faces after saying goodbye, they immediately felt the pain of what it was like to separate frm each other. What really made me burst into tears more was because of how I have a best friend who migrated miles away from me & that scene alone, just reminded me of that one day I had to say good bye to my own best friend. It’s the one and only thing I haven’t moved on from & seeing that scene, I was able to relate to my favourite anime. My heart hurts so much for this ending & I can’t help but express how much I will miss the two. The montage that was played during the credits scene with their memories, and with ED 4 playing at the background literally made me flood my whole house LOL. There’s a lot to learn from HXH & mainly I can say that the importance of friendship is definitely one of them & I just wish that they could reunite sometime soon.
May 19, 2020 7:08 AM

Nov 2018
It's been one hell of a journey, glad I finished watching this series.

~9.5/10 top tier show

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jun 5, 2020 9:00 AM

Jul 2019
Man, everything came full circle at the end...

Really need to rewatch this again when I get the chance, this was definitely a memorable and unforgettable journey.

10/10
Jun 11, 2020 7:52 PM
Feb 2020
Subarashii. This ending was perfect, I just wish Kurapika had met gon
Jun 25, 2020 10:55 PM

Mar 2018
i just want more :_( great show!
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jun 29, 2020 3:45 PM

Jan 2020
So, is this the best shounen ever that make other shounens looks like garbage? Don't get me wrong, HxH is very good, but some parts, especially in Chimera Ants are pretty boring. Thankfully we have Election and York Shin arcs. 8/10 for the show

See ya, guys

Aug 19, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2007
wow, can't imagine better fitting ending, the perfect way to end this masterpiece anime, for once the protagonist achieve his goals, in this case, gon get to meet his father, and discussing with ging about being an hunter, their goals and the true meaning of being one.

there's definitely more the anime can show, the manga is continue despite being in recess, but madhouse fine decision to end it here is truly smart.

i thought that the anime would leave me some question, for example about kurapika doing and whereabouts, but they showed it fine that he's in his mission to retrieve his clan eye, though i really wouldn't mine really a mini series just about him.

it is actually other question that bothered be, and that's gon's nen, at his battle he says he don't need it anymore and done some kind of contract conditions that was explained briefly and not entirely, i'm really ok with that, but now that gon is healed by alluka, it's not a question how his arm backed since he healed by alluka, but if his nen back as well. it's actually can be stupid question since aura never stopped, but still.

either way, about the series:

there are few weak moments, such as zoldyck arc and some points at heaven area arc, but generally i liked every bit of hunterxhunter, true that yorknew arc and chimera ant arc was the highlight, but all the arc creating truly masterpiece of anime.

it should be remember that HxH is not an ordinary shounen batttle but more than that, the psycholgical genre is what make this anime different from the usual mainstream, and not the action, those who didn't enjoy the chimera ant and the election arc probably are the ones who excepted to see ordinary mainstream, but HxH is not, and that's what make HxH so much good.

10/10
User-NameAug 19, 2020 8:26 AM
Aug 23, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2018
At last the end. There are some great moment, but there is also some moment that feels like a drag. And toward the end the extensive logic behind Nen get thrown out of the window for Alluka's power, which in turn Alluka's power explanation get thrown out of the window so Gon can be healed without major drawback. So now Kilua has the most overpowered power in the anime universe, stronger even than Dragon ball. I don't know how the writer will fix the omnipotent power that is Alluka. On the other side, she is extremely cute, I have a weak spot for little sis.

The last problem is Ging. There is no practical explanation why he left his only son alone, he don't even care when Gon's life is in danger like when he is in unrecoverable condition after fighting Pitou. Worse, this act of negligence treated as the father of the year's moment when they finally meet up.

8/10 is the score I supposed to give, but I thoroughly enjoyed the best arc, namely the Hunter exam arc, the York new arc and the Chimaera ant arc. Thus my final score for this anime is 9/10.
Aug 28, 2020 4:52 AM

Jun 2020
Fooookiin masterpiece (except greed island)

9/10 will def happily remember for years and years
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 29, 2020 5:33 AM

Jun 2020
Tbh this is now one of my favorite shounen anime out there and no one will change my mind I really have nothing to say I'm just gonna say that this is a fucking masterpiece big respect to Togashi now I'm gonna read the manga and I hope it will be a wonderful to read all the arcs in this series was very amusing especially on the Chimera Ant arc it was my personal favorite that was very good and it was very long..glad that I've watched think masterpiece before I'm going to die well I'm still a kid but If I'm gonna die early I have no regrets until I read the manga so for me 10/10 from this masterpiece.
Sep 29, 2020 5:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the feels when departure started playing... it's been an awesome journey, I'll miss this show and its characters so much noooooooooooooo I can't believe it's already over, clearly one of the best shounen ever made, and especially thanks to the chimera ant arc which was just perfect I think I can say that overall it is a masterpiece, I rate it 10/10
Sep 29, 2020 5:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tomodachi-san said:
Tbh this is now one of my favorite shounen anime out there and no one will change my mind I really have nothing to say I'm just gonna say that this is a fucking masterpiece big respect to Togashi now I'm gonna read the manga and I hope it will be a wonderful to read all the arcs in this series was very amusing especially on the Chimera Ant arc it was my personal favorite that was very good and it was very long..glad that I've watched think masterpiece before I'm going to die well I'm still a kid but If I'm gonna die early I have no regrets until I read the manga so for me 10/10 from this masterpiece.
Same for me, I just finished it right now and I'm so sad it is already over, clearly a masterpiece
Oct 4, 2020 3:46 PM

May 2020
I finished it months ago but i remember i started crying the shit out of me when departure started playing in the end

Oct 25, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Finished it days ago, the opening really hits me
Nov 15, 2020 7:29 AM
May 2020
This...this was spectacular.

I hope the creator is able to continue writing asap, i loved it.

Nov 17, 2020 7:56 PM
Nov 2020
Hey, just wanted to promote my handmade crystal infused smoking accessories. Right now I'm doing a Hunter X Hunter collection. Check it out: https://luciddluxe.com/collections/hunter-x-hunter-collection. Thank you!
Nov 27, 2020 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
Welp... My second watch is over and it's still as great as I remembered!
It's so sad to think that this is probably it for a HxH anime :C
Nov 29, 2020 7:27 PM

Aug 2011

There are no words to express how much I enjoyed this series. It kicked off with a bang and just kept climaxing. Truly a deep anime when it comes to the human (and not-so-human) psyche; some were easy to understand, and others, not so much. I'm sure I'll have to watch it again to fully get it.

My only disappointment - I felt that Kurapika could have at least put in an appearance when Gon was at death's door and not sure how I felt about the resurrected Kite (???). However, Gon and his dad spending time together at the end was the best ending. Other than that, a pretty solid anime.
Dec 7, 2020 2:59 PM
Aug 2020
;____; how should day continue with my life now huh!?

The flashbacks at the beginning were so sad I sobbed throughout the whole episode :') I'm glad that Gon finally had a decent quality time with his father that was wholesome! BUT I still hate that mf Ging..

I mean Departure at the end was a must so everyone can sing it for the last time ;__;

I enjoyed it ALOTT it's easily a 10/10 anime, I'll add it as my top second anime after JOJO ofcs <3
ann_sordoDec 7, 2020 3:02 PM
Dec 13, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2020
This show successfully made me feel like a kid again. Leaving me nostalgic for an adventure and friends I was never really a part of.

I genuinely felt immersed in the story whether it was happiness, anger or sadness.

Funny enough, my top anime of all time is Yu Yu Hakusho and this one has definitely joined the ranks. I can't thank Yoshihiro Togashi enough. Really hope that he continues this story soon.

Thanks for the ride!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out If I'm really alive."
Dec 15, 2020 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
The episode before felt like a better "last episode" than this one tbh, oh well.

After everyone and their mother were hyping this anime to be the "best shounen ever made" and "not your usual cliche shounen story" I expected a bit more than that. It was better than the 1999 version, mostly due to animation and characterization. But the widely loved Chimera Ant arc was hella boring for me, partly because of the bad pacing. And that was almost everything that got added to the 1999 version, the chairman selection arc was only a few episodes and also kinda dull. So while I did enjoy this one more than the 1999 version, especially the Yorknew City arc, it did not improve enough to get a better rating. When it comes to shounen anime, to me this is just "okay". 6/10
Dec 22, 2020 12:35 PM

Jul 2020
Damn they almost had me with Gotoh lol.

I enjoyed almost every arc, but I gotta say the insane hype of the Chimera Arc made me expect too much (it was still great). With all that being said, I still feel a bit iffy on the superpower aspect of HxH. It's cool don't get me wrong, but some characters (like Knov and Alluka) felt like nothing more than plot devices. But that's just some instances. I cherish the character building sm in this show I smiled so much at the end. This was a great way to end the show.

7/10 for me, the Yorknew City arc is probably my favorite.
n6ahDec 23, 2020 12:53 AM
Dec 24, 2020 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
I almost teared up when they showed Mereum and komugi at the end (spy and marshall) and while the chimera arc has it's issues for sure, probably more than the Yorknew arc because of its length and complexity, but I'd say the amount the arc does right far outweighs its flaws."
So while the set-up could be rather exhausting to sit through at times, the delivery was amazingly well done and felt like a great pay-off. Also HxH definitely has some of the best character development in anime.
I got no more words... Thank you Togashi , pls come back..
Jan 17, 2021 5:18 AM
Apr 2020
Just finished the show 'Hunter x hunter'
Can't explain my imagination in my writing. Only I can feel those top tier goosebumps.
Great to see Gon talking to his father about his journey and Ging also tells him about his journey.
When the full song begins with sun rise ohh man.... 'Beautiful'
Don't know about the manga but I love the anime ending , it satisfied me. And of course I almost cried in Gon and Killua last scene. But it seems that they have social connection like Mobile ... So I am happy
At last I can say ... I don't matter the ratings, competitions , the fandom
Love this show
Feb 21, 2021 7:45 PM
Jul 2017
The series did a good job of portraying Ging as an aloof father, and surprisingly we got to see a guy who was worse. Feel sorry for Gon, knowing for final is father is awful.
Ant arc was by far the weakest. Other than Kite, it didn't tie into the original story too much and was probably 30 episodes longer than it needed to be. The King one minute before he dies tells his blind hostage he would kill her if she doesn't stop with language he doesn't like then they're holding hands and everyone thinks it's cute. Dumb.
Would rather have seen the Kill and Gon fight to the top of that tower, or another side mission which is related to Ging or possibly Kill's family.
But....that's it for the bad stuff. Show was great and one of my favs. An iconic duo in the highest. Those two really know how to read each other. Loved seeing Gon going super syian on that cat. So awesome. Seems like the manga may be ongoing so there's hope to see more!
Feb 22, 2021 7:26 PM

Jul 2010
Well finally got around to finishing Hunter X Hunter, I'm glad I did have been binge watching like crazy lol. I had stopped at the Greed Island arc before picking it up again recently. Awesome anime the narration was a bit much at times but it did not kill it for me. Really enjoyed the last 2 arcs took a while to get to the big fights but the payoff was worth it. I could not stop watching until I finish it and that's ultimately what I'm looking for when I watch an anime sense I have a tendency to lose interest. Will miss this anime idk what to do with my life now lmao. Guess I'll try and do like Ging says... enjoy the little detours to the fullest! Deuces 10/10
Mar 17, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
A really wholesome ending to a really great show!
MAL:
Mar 20, 2021 7:44 AM
Oct 2019
VanishingKira said:
Well watching this has been fun 8/10.

Probably the best shounen anime I've seen.Would've rated this higher if it hadn't been for the Chimera Ant arc.

Dark Continent arc probably won't be adapted till 5-10 years from now.
Of all the estimates for the anime coming back that I've seen, yours is the one that gets it right so far ... Which unfortunately is bad ; -;
Mar 20, 2021 8:18 AM

May 2020
I love this show! Many moments were great and it's just a very good anime
Apr 15, 2021 2:58 AM

May 2020
I really like this show and it has a great ending. Bonus points for the full version of Departure playing in the background. I think that the chimera ant arc dragged a bit longer than I would have liked but I can overlook that since this show is just so enjoyable to watch. A 10/10 for me.
May 1, 2021 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
This anime should not end here. Please continue.
May 2, 2021 12:27 PM

Sep 2018
Finished the rewatching today, well it's time to read the manga, what a great show, is the second one that I rewatch (Attack on titan being the first one)
I keep moving forward
May 13, 2021 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
My first rewatch of anything happened to be my second longest completed series. Still worth it though, enjoyed it just as much and if anything it rekindled my love for the series.
Fav characters: Meruem, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Knov
Fav episodes: 135, 131, 116, 126, 148
Fav arcs: CA (10/10), YC (9.5/10), HA (9/10)

Characters: 9/10
World: 10/10
Story: 9/10
Audiovisuals: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10+/10
Overall: 9.8/10
Top 5 series. I'll be sure to come back to this series some time, but before that I might enjoy a few little detours in life along the way.
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

137 by Alkimia »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Aug 4, 2012

112 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amagai - Jul 28, 2012

123 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amagai - Jul 21, 2012

118 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

403 by Alkimia »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.