Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2009 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Thorfinn is allowing himself to get cut down O_O? Or is this a cunning plan on his behalf to disarm the opponent and turn the tables and kick some ass xD? Most likely the maid will arrive in the nick of time with the Master and put a stop to this though =O
Oct 29, 2009 12:51 AM

Mar 2008
Thorfinn seems to have forgotten not only his dream but also his past life, he must feel empty and doesn't mind dying.
Oct 29, 2009 6:10 AM

May 2007
omfggggggggg cant believe ill have to wait another..what.. month or something T___T
Oct 29, 2009 6:14 AM

Apr 2009
24 pages for one month? Goddamnit. But still, this manga continually has me at the edge of my seat.
Oct 29, 2009 6:25 AM

May 2009
Awww, that felt too short! Great chapter though. I wonder what Thorfinn is doing. Is he just planning to die?
Oct 29, 2009 6:30 AM

Dec 2007
Hope he's not THAT depressed... and do have a plan or something.
Oct 29, 2009 7:29 AM

Sep 2008
Moya said:
Thorfinn seems to have forgotten not only his dream but also his past life, he must feel empty and doesn't mind dying.

I agree, he must be suffering from some sort of hysterical amnesia. I feel a bit bad for the Lord's idiot son now, because when Thorfin see's a sword coming at him, he's going to at least partially snap out of it, and probably thoroughly snap the kid in two.

Oct 29, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
It looks like we have our answer as to why Thorfinn has been behaving the way he has.

Oh monthly releases, how I hate thee so..
Oct 29, 2009 11:03 PM

May 2008
lol, wouldn't it suck if this was the end. Just cut, he's dead, the end. That would probably be one of the most awful endings ever. Doubt it'll happen, but it's funny to think of this ridiculous ending.

He'll probably let himself get attacked and the other guy will jump infront probably getting hurt/ killed and Thorfinn will snap out of it then. Or at least, that's what i'm hoping.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Oct 30, 2009 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
AccipiterF1 said:
Moya said:
I feel a bit bad for the Lord's idiot son now, because when Thorfin see's a sword coming at him, he's going to at least partially snap out of it, and probably thoroughly snap the kid in two.

lol amen to that

Jasonbear said:
lol, wouldn't it suck if this was the end. Just cut, he's dead, the end. That would probably be one of the most awful endings ever. Doubt it'll happen, but it's funny to think of this ridiculous ending.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Jasonbear said:

He'll probably let himself get attacked and the other guy will jump infront probably getting hurt/ killed and Thorfinn will snap out of it then. Or at least, that's what i'm hoping.

I really hope not cuz the new guy is a pretty interesting character...it would be sad to see him die at this point :S
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 30, 2009 5:36 AM
Jun 2007
i think he will challenge them to cut him if tey can .
as for amnesia he does remember his name doesnt he ?
Oct 30, 2009 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
badboyhorang said:
i think he will challenge them to cut him if tey can .
as for amnesia he does remember his name doesnt he ?

yea I don't think he has amnesia...
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 30, 2009 10:03 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I see it as his only goal in life was taken away from him so he now is suffering from depression and just doesn't care anymore.
Oct 30, 2009 5:04 PM
Oct 2009
That was short. It was a good chapter, though. I wonder if Thorfinn will fight back. It seems to me that he's so depressed that he doesn't care about anything. The wait is so long. I hope the next chapter will have more than 30 pages...
Nov 1, 2009 4:51 AM

Jul 2007
Jasonbear said:

Thorfinn reacts naturally to the oncoming sword, despite not having his memory. He slowly regains it and goes on a quest to Vinland, a new land, following his father's footsteps as he regains his composure.

He makes it to Vinland despite the terrible journey, forms a small settlement; but he also has the native americans to deal with. They fight the battle and win, and Thorfinn starts up a family of his own.

His tears swell up as he remembers his past life and what he could have done as he lies there, cut up by the masters son; his life in Vinland all but a dream.

How's that ending for ya?
Nov 1, 2009 11:54 PM

Sep 2008
Rasenore said:
Jasonbear said:

but he also has the native americans to deal with.

Hell NO!
Nov 2, 2009 4:04 AM

Jul 2007
eyerok said:
Rasenore said:
Jasonbear said:

but he also has the native americans to deal with.

Hell NO!

Yeah, alright. I was just looking for an excuse for him to fight on Vinland that'd work. I can't imagine a massive viking army suddenly deciding "let's go attack vinland" just when Thorfinn gets there, but okay.
Nov 3, 2009 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
I'm laughing at the people who expect Thorfinn to magically turn back into what he was before. Thank God the author knows how to write a story and personally gave some of you gore-hounds the finger with "just cut me down instead" :D
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 6, 2009 9:02 AM

Sep 2008
Beatnik said:
I'm laughing at the people who expect Thorfinn to magically turn back into what he was before. Thank God the author knows how to write a story and personally gave some of you gore-hounds the finger with "just cut me down instead" :D

lol!
thats true actually. If his previous manga is anything to go by (planetes), I'm expecting a lot more surprises ahead. I think we should just stop predicting whats gonna happen next :P
Nov 6, 2009 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
It just wouldnt make any sense for him to go all badass killing people all over the place like a silent assassin again. That would be shonen manga material. I mean I have no doubt he WILL get into action again, but it'll be a different style than before. Like the whole 'killing to save someone else rather than for myself' type shit.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Mar 2009
argg.. the end to this chapter.. this is why i hate incomplete mangas T_T but vinland saga was too beautiful to pass up GAAAHHH
Nov 20, 2009 3:14 AM

Sep 2008
starkmad said:
argg.. the end to this chapter.. this is why i hate incomplete mangas T_T but vinland saga was too beautiful to pass up GAAAHHH

This ^

I miss Askeladd already. bleh
Nov 20, 2009 4:50 PM

Mar 2009
Novaangle18 said:
starkmad said:

This ^

I miss Askeladd already. bleh

Agreed, why did I decide to pick up this manga today!
Why didn't I subconsciously know I would be screwing myself T_T
Jan 11, 2010 4:58 PM

Nov 2009
... ok, so Thorfinn has lost all will to live but last time somebody did that it was Prince canute who then Thorkell said he had the same eyes as Thors, So maybe this is a good thing.
Feb 5, 2013 7:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thorfinn might be seeking his fathers way now instead. Still don't think he'll let them kill Einar though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2015 4:42 AM

Jan 2014
taterhead said:
Hope he's not THAT depressed... and do have a plan or something.
Feb 16, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2013
He's fallen pretty low. I miss the old badass Thorfinn.
Nov 26, 2018 3:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Thorfin´s soul is broken!!! :/
Jul 22, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2014
Lmao Thorfinn went full Reiner now?
Jan 17, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2015
I knew that woman was a slave too.
So they were looking for both Thorfinn and Einar. But Thorfinn really seems empty, couldn't even remember what his dream has told.
Jan 16, 2023 7:44 PM

Dec 2019
bro had enough of life and needed to vent

(on a side note this art-style is fucking incredible, I've always loved S1 but never gave the manga a try no idea why, this ride finna be great regardless)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 210 Discussion

RodIshiCi - Yesterday

15 by Silverbell_Ranch »»
49 minutes ago

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.